IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags benny hinn , billy graham , faith healers , franklin graham , Suzanne Hinn

Old 30th July 2012, 08:29 AM   #1
Questioninggeller
Illuminator

Benny Hinn: Billy Graham’s Death Will Start Revival

Faith healer Benny Hinn recently made these comments:

Quote:
Benny Hinn Believes Billy Graham's Death Will Start 'Revival'
By Michael Gryboski
Christian Post
July 23, 2012

Preacher and televangelist Benny Hinn has said on a Trinity Broadcasting Network program that he believes when the Rev. Billy Graham dies, America will experience a major religious revival.
"The sign will be Billy Graham's death," said Hinn, as another individual on the video spoke of "a manifestation of power" being brought down on thousands of people.

"You are talking about a people in hiding, just like Elijah was hiding … The Lord said to me in '89 – yeah, '89, He said when Oral Roberts and Billy Graham go home will be the key, will be a sign, of the beginning of the greatest revival on earth. Oral is home. Billy is about to go home. And when he does, I am telling the whole church, get ready."
Full: Christian Post

In other news, Hinn got back together with his ex-wife:
Quote:
Jack Hayford to Perform Benny and Suzanne Hinn's Remarriage
By Michael Gryboski
Christian Post
June 27, 2012

Benny and Suzanne Hinn have confirmed more details about their upcoming remarriage, including date, place, and who will oversee the ceremony.

Jack Hayford, a Pentecostal minister who is chancellor of King's University in Los Angeles and leader of Jack Hayford ministries, will oversee the ceremony. Benny Hinn has credited Hayford with helping to restore the marriage of the Hinn couple, who divorced in 2010.

"You wake up to the fact that you need your wife, and she wakes up to the fact that she needs her husband," said Benny Hinn on a recent episode of "The 700 Club."

"I have always loved this girl and she has always loved me. We never broke the covenant. Our marriage has been restored. We just want to make sure that we don't repeat the same mistakes."

The remarriage has been announced to take place on the evening of Friday, Oct. 26, at Calvary Assembly in Orlando, Fla. – the church that Suzanne Hinn's father once served as lead pastor.
Full: Christian Post

Their divorce records were sealed so the details aren't known to the public.

Suzanne Hinn:
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Questioninggeller is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2012, 08:39 AM   #2
Macgyver1968
Philosopher

I heard an interesting stat about Billy Graham, I'm not sure if it's true...but it sure sounds feasible. Supposedly, he has spoken to more people live than anyone in history. It kinda makes sense...he's been preaching to stadiums full of people for more than 60 years continuously.
Old 30th July 2012, 08:43 AM   #3
dafydd
Banned

Originally Posted by Macgyver1968 View Post
he's been preaching to stadiums full of people for more than 60 years continuously.
Nah, he must have stopped now and again for a toilet break.
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2012, 08:43 AM   #4
paiute
Graduate Poster

"You are talking about a people in hiding...."

Yeah, these American Christians are so quiet and hard to find.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/36568510/A...-of-Cadaverine
paiute is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2012, 08:45 AM   #5
saraban

Originally Posted by Macgyver1968 View Post
I heard an interesting stat about Billy Graham, I'm not sure if it's true...but it sure sounds feasible. Supposedly, he has spoken to more people live than anyone in history. It kinda makes sense...he's been preaching to stadiums full of people for more than 60 years continuously.
I saw him 1985.
saraban is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2012, 09:00 AM   #6
dafydd
Banned

Originally Posted by saraban View Post
I saw him 1985.
Have you recovered yet?
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2012, 09:05 AM   #7
kedo1981
Master Poster

and of course Benny will fill the "preacher" vacum.
kedo1981 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2012, 09:08 AM   #8
Ian Osborne
JREF Kid
Tagger

I saw him 1985.
So did I. Mission England, Villa Park, Birmingham.

"The fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown." - Carl Sagan
Ian Osborne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2012, 10:14 AM   #9
saraban

Originally Posted by Ian Osborne View Post
So did I. Mission England, Villa Park, Birmingham.
Bramall Lane Sheffield for me.
saraban is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2012, 10:17 AM   #10
saraban

Originally Posted by dafydd View Post
Have you recovered yet?
Never went to church on a Sunday again after that day. I'd started going to church a few weeks before, and out of curiousity at booked to go on the trip.

However church and the meeting just confirmed to me, there was nothing there for me.

Last edited by saraban; 30th July 2012 at 10:20 AM.
Old 30th July 2012, 10:40 AM   #11
Moon-Spinner
Graduate Poster

"Preacher and televangelist Benny Hinn has said on a Trinity Broadcasting Network program that he believes when the Rev. Billy Graham dies, America will experience a major religious revival."

I highly doubt it.
Moon-Spinner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2012, 10:42 AM   #12
dafydd
Banned

Never went to church on a Sunday again after that day. I'd started going to church a few weeks before, and out of curiousity at booked to go on the trip.

However church and the meeting just confirmed to me, there was nothing there for me.
The sight of Billy Graham, Cliff Richard, Mary Whitehouse and Lord Longford on the same stage would have been too much for me.
Old 30th July 2012, 10:51 AM   #13
saraban

Originally Posted by dafydd View Post
The sight of Billy Graham, Cliff Richard, Mary Whitehouse and Lord Longford on the same stage would have been too much for me.
I was so far from the stage it could have been Keith Richards down there.
Old 30th July 2012, 10:55 AM   #14
dafydd
Banned

That would have been more fun.
Old 30th July 2012, 11:31 AM   #15
Moon-Spinner
Graduate Poster

I went to a Rolling Stones concert in 1989, and I sat pretty far from the stage, but I could tell it was Keith Richards up on that stage - even from that distance, there's no mistaking the sunken eye sockets and the road map face
Moon-Spinner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2012, 11:33 AM   #16
coalesce
Illuminator

I would've taken this news more seriously had Benny Hill and not Benny Hinn said it.

Michael

“Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been.”
coalesce is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2012, 01:23 PM   #17
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by coalesce View Post
I would've taken this news more seriously had Benny Hill and not Benny Hinn said it.

Michael
I just read the title that way, smile, salute with two fingers, and blink rapidly.
Resume is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2012, 09:12 PM   #18
dropzone
Master Poster

So Benny Hinn wants to hitch his wagon the the Billy Graham money train by associating himself with Brother Billy so that when Graham dies the first person we think of is Benny Hinn? Could he be that mercenary? Well, of course he could. This is actually classier than his faith-healing stock in trade.
dropzone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2012, 09:23 PM   #19
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped

Originally Posted by dropzone View Post
So Benny Hinn wants to hitch his wagon the the Billy Graham money train by associating himself with Brother Billy so that when Graham dies the first person we think of is Benny Hinn? Could he be that mercenary? Well, of course he could. This is actually classier than his faith-healing stock in trade.
The man is a shameless fraud.
Sideroxylon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st July 2012, 09:42 AM   #20
hgc
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Sideroxylon View Post
The man is a shameless fraud.

Shameless indeed. But, it makes me smile... something about Benny Hinn doing the money-grubbing dance right on top of that crusty old fraud's coffin is just too delicious, and appropriate.
hgc is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2012, 08:26 AM   #21
Bamberger
Thinker

Michael
...accompanied by the sax playing the theme song in the background.
Bamberger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2012, 05:01 PM   #22
Elizabeth I
Philosopher

Michael
Well, yeah...Benny Hill would have to be resurrected, which would be be pretty impressive.
Elizabeth I is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy