IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2020 elections , donald trump , election conspiracies , joe biden , Trump conspiracies

Old 19th January 2021, 02:00 PM   #2441
RolandRat
Muse

Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Patriot missile batteries are in place in case of a cruise missile attack on DC on the 20th.

Who would be launching scud or cruise missiles at DC ?
Canada.
RolandRat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2021, 02:30 PM   #2442
CaptainHowdy
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Pillow-boy spread lies about a legitimate company and those lies caused serious damage to said company. Why shouldn't Dominion sue? Trump and Trump supporters did not tell the truth and the company and their employees suffered for it.
Has Dominion lost any business? What damages have they suffered?
CaptainHowdy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2021, 02:47 PM   #2443
heymatto70
Thinker

Originally Posted by CaptainHowdy View Post
Their employees have been harassed, and their lies could make it difficult for them hiring in the future since no one would want to be subjected to this crap:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/domi...ry?id=74288442
heymatto70 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2021, 02:51 PM   #2444
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

As of yet, probably none. However the constant stream of RW BS that they are corrupt and counting Democrat votes where there are none, etc. will have a long-term effect on their ability to market themselves as a secure voting system.

Dominion's case is strong enough that Fox, OANN, AmericanThinker, and Newsmax have all backed off their claims and even made to self-chastise for utterly sloppy libelous claims. If Pillowguy, who is a public figure, keeps making these claims he's not going to do well in court.

ETA: Also, what haymatto70 said.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2021, 02:58 PM   #2445
Steve
Philosopher

I heard President Biden will immediately investigate why CIA Director Gina Haspel suddenly resigned today, after DNI Ratcliffe reported she withheld evidence of CCP interference in the Nov election.
You should try to not listen to those voices. They are not real.
Old 19th January 2021, 03:01 PM   #2446
Steve
Philosopher

Originally Posted by RolandRat View Post
Canada.
What!? You mean all of us? I guess I'd better hustle down to the missile store pronto.
Old 19th January 2021, 03:16 PM   #2447
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
What!? You mean all of us? I guess I'd better hustle down to the missile store pronto.
Ontario is locked down except for food and liquor, so it's all up to you.
Old 19th January 2021, 03:27 PM   #2448
Steve
Philosopher

Originally Posted by eerok View Post
Ontario is locked down except for food and liquor, so it's all up to you.
Oh sure! Make the little Atlantic provinces do all the heavy lifting while you guys sit home and drink. Good thing all the Arnie's Armaments stores are still open here.
Old 19th January 2021, 03:41 PM   #2449
BazBear
Possible Suspect

Location: Slightly Over The Hill, Not Too Far Around The Bend
Canada.
Damned NORAD traitors!
BazBear is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2021, 03:46 PM   #2450
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

Not so.

It seems there is some part of "I was wrong" that you overlooked. Do you need a checklist?

Biden will have a wonderful inauguration and administration. He will surely be the best two term US president in history
I hadn't seen that. But it doesn't really alter the point of my post. Even now your last two sentences are dripping with transparently obvious sarcasm.

So, again, a yes/no question that you will most likely evade as per usual:

Will there be any bombshell surprise forthcoming that will prevent Biden from occupying the Oval Office for the next four years, other than something completely unrelated to QAnon conspiracy theories - something like a health issue?

In short, is Trump still going to win this election?
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2021, 03:59 PM   #2451
Hans
Philosopher

Patriot missile batteries are in place in case of a cruise missile attack on DC on the 20th.

It works against aircraft or even larger drones also.
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2021, 04:09 PM   #2452
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
A judge in Delaware denied permission for Lin Wood to argue a case in the state. Wood is not admitted to the Delaware bar, and such permission is usually granted, but the judge cited his poor character and denied the courtesy.
Turns out there seem to be a lot more calls for sanctions against both Sidney Powell and Lin Wood that perhaps either you or I are aware of. I'm thinking of a particular denial of a preliminary injunction in which the judge specifically rebukes the lawyer, suggests that the case was filed intentionally as nothing more than a political stunt, and sua sponte contemplates referring the lawyer to the state body on professional conduct. But then there is also the Detroit request, which was made quite some time ago.

Surely he must actually understand there is no evidence. If there was, why would they wait until umpteen lawsuits have been thrown out and the other guy was about to take the big seat before showing it? It's absolutely insane.
Probably in a more literal sense than we typically mean when we say that. I get the feeling that some of these people spend so much time living in the conspiracy bubble in their heads that they actually do start to believe some of their own hype. As I've commented elsewhere, a lot of these cases are dismissed on "technicalities," (laches, standing, etc.). That can lead desperate people to believe that the evidence might actually stick of only they were were allowed to present it, or if only the corrupt judges would let it be heard.

Legally, their evidence is garbage. And Pillow Guy's lawyers would be remiss in not advising him of that before agreeing to take it to court.

Last edited by JayUtah; 19th January 2021 at 04:17 PM.
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2021, 04:43 PM   #2453
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
As of yet, probably none. However the constant stream of RW BS that they are corrupt and counting Democrat votes where there are none, etc. will have a long-term effect on their ability to market themselves as a secure voting system.
While it's always a stronger case if you can show actual harm, monetary or otherwise, where your business is naturally tied to a certain form of reputation -- say, discretion in the case of personal counselor, or security and trustworthiness in the case of voting technology -- you can claim injury solely to the reputation as the result of another's reckless or malicious published untruths that directly attack or undermine that reputation.

Here it's pretty cut and dried. The imminent defendant has repeatedly published statements alleging specific acts on the part of Dominion, which, if believed, such statements would tend to damage the reputation of Dominion as a provider of secure systems for voting. Indeed, if I recall correctly, the accusations are not merely of disreputable acts. But rather Mr Lindell may be accusing Dominion of committing various criminal offenses. Accusing another party credibly of having committed a felony, without proper evidence, is always defamation, as I understand.
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2021, 06:18 PM   #2454
Bubba
Philosopher

Evidence of foreign interference in 2020 election mounts

https://www.oann.com/evidence-of-for...ection-mounts/
Bubba is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2021, 06:24 PM   #2455
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming

www.oann.com/evidence-of-foreign-interference-in-2020-election-mounts/
I think I've spotted your problem.

They for example thought that slavery was perfectly fine, absolutely OK, and then they didn't and what is the point of the Catholic Church if it says "Oh we couldn't know better because no one else did" THEN WHAT ARE YOU FOR? - Stephen Fry
MarkCorrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2021, 06:30 PM   #2456
gmanontario
Muse

I'm out. My garage door is frozen shut so my missile is inoperable until the weather improves.

Red Green
gmanontario is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2021, 06:34 PM   #2457
sts60
Illuminator

Senate Majority (for a few more days) Leader McConnell and House Minority Leader McCarthy will attend church services with President-Elect Biden tomorrow morning, declining outgoing President Trump’s invitation to his departure ceremony at Joint Base Andrews. Outgoing Vice-President Pence will not attend Trump’s going-away either. Nor will a number of other people, including those who were fired and disparaged by Trump but bizarrely invited anyway.

Trump’s invitations state that invitees can bring up to 5 guests, very unusual for events which are typically packed. But then, it’s unusual for an outgoing President to stomp off sulking rather than celebrate America’s democratic heritage of peaceful transfer of power to the winner of the election. It seems a lot of people don’t like Trump and are tired of his whining and lies about the election, and are quite happy for him to slink off without fanfare like the loser he is.
sts60 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2021, 07:08 PM   #2458
jsfisher
ETcorngods survivor

You really should read these things before you post them. This one, by the way, is all of two sentences. Is reading two sentences too much to ask? Even OANN didn't go out on that limb as far as you did.

"He's the greatest mod that never was!" -- Monketey Ghost
jsfisher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2021, 07:11 PM   #2459
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by jsfisher View Post
You really should read these things before you post them. This one, by the way, is all of two sentences. Is reading two sentences too much to ask? Even OANN didn't go out on that limb as far as you did.
Shhh, he's still sawing.
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2021, 07:20 PM   #2460
DevilsAdvocate
Philosopher

Dominion is claiming compensatory damages of $565,000 in costs to protect its employees, $1,170,000 to respond to public misinformation and defending its systems and reputation, $200 million in estimated business losses over the next 5 years, and a minimum of $450 for the reduction in the resale value of the company. They are asking for an equal amount in punitive damages.
Old 19th January 2021, 07:20 PM   #2461
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Not so.

It seems there is some part of "I was wrong" that you overlooked. Do you need a checklist?

Biden will have a wonderful inauguration and administration. He will surely be the best two term US president in history
Just gonna roll it all up into one giant mea culpa?
What do you want... a blanket pardon?

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2021, 07:26 PM   #2462
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
Dominion is claiming compensatory damages of $565,000 in costs to protect its employees, $1,170,000 to respond to public misinformation and defending its systems and reputation, $200 million in estimated business losses over the next 5 years, and a minimum of $450 for the reduction in the resale value of the company. They are asking for an equal amount in punitive damages.
The RNC and Trump's PAC along with anyone else who included the lies about Dominion in fundraising material may be colossally ******. Courts and juries may not allow the defendants to keep any funds they collected based on their defamation.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2021, 07:43 PM   #2463
TJM
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

Lindell's idiotic refusal to back off despite media outlets doing so and his retailers beginning to drop his merchandise leads me to think he's getting legal advice from Giuliani.

If that's the case, then by all means, proceed forward Mike.

Laughing my ass off as Trump's brown shirts are rounded up, one by one.
TJM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2021, 07:44 PM   #2464
DevilsAdvocate
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
The RNC and Trump's PAC along with anyone else who included the lies about Dominion in fundraising material may be colossally ******. Courts and juries may not allow the defendants to keep any funds they collected based on their defamation.
The Dominion lawsuit goes into a lot of accusations about Powell's fundraising activities and refers to certain groups as her "alter egos" so that funds in those groups cannot be sheltered from the lawsuit.

I expect Dominion will soon be going after subpoenas for Trump documents and probably a bunch of other people and groups. If any documents show that people knew this information was false but wanted to put it out anyway, they are likely to get caught up in these lawsuits as well.
Old 19th January 2021, 09:15 PM   #2465
Axxman300
Illuminator

Patriots are anti-aircraft missiles with really great radar guidance. They also hit missiles (sometimes). They're standard. In fact, they're kind of old.
Old 19th January 2021, 09:19 PM   #2466
Axxman300
Illuminator

I heard President Biden will immediately investigate why CIA Director Gina Haspel suddenly resigned today, after DNI Ratcliffe reported she withheld evidence of CCP interference in the Nov election.
Did you mean the CCCP? Or China?

Also, if you didn't care in 2016 you don't get to make it an issue now.
Old 19th January 2021, 09:22 PM   #2467
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

No. It's just Albertans who have to accept the call. The cancellation of the Keystone pipeline really hurts.
Old 19th January 2021, 09:54 PM   #2468
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Nm

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2021, 10:02 PM   #2469
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

You should try to not listen to those voices. They are not real.
Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
Did you mean the CCCP? Or China?

Also, if you didn't care in 2016 you don't get to make it an issue now.
FWIW, at last check, there actually was evidence of foreign interference attempts by Russia and China... in support of Trump, or at least to harm Biden. Ratcliffe, of course, deserves pretty much no trust at all.

Last edited by Aridas; 19th January 2021 at 10:04 PM.
Aridas is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2021, 11:45 PM   #2470
Cavemonster
Philosopher

Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
I'm most surprised they're only estimating four hundred and fifty dollars in value reduction. Seems like they could have left that off given the scale of the other numbers.
The weakness of all Utopias is this, ... They first assume that no man will want more than his share, and then are very ingenious in explaining whether his share will be delivered by motorcar or balloon.
-G.K. CHESTERTON
Cavemonster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2021, 12:21 AM   #2471
Matthew Best
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Cavemonster View Post
I'm most surprised they're only estimating four hundred and fifty dollars in value reduction. Seems like they could have left that off given the scale of the other numbers.

I’m guessing that DA forgot to add the word “million” to that figure.
Matthew Best is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2021, 12:32 AM   #2472
DevilsAdvocate
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Matthew Best View Post
I’m guessing that DA forgot to add the word “million” to that figure.
Mea culpa. Missing a simple "million" is insignificant in a billion dollar lawsuit, right?
Old 20th January 2021, 02:33 AM   #2473
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by sts60 View Post
Senate Majority (for a few more days) Leader McConnell and House Minority Leader McCarthy will attend church services with President-Elect Biden tomorrow morning, declining outgoing President Trump’s invitation to his departure ceremony at Joint Base Andrews. Outgoing Vice-President Pence will not attend Trump’s going-away either. Nor will a number of other people, including those who were fired and disparaged by Trump but bizarrely invited anyway.

Trump’s invitations state that invitees can bring up to 5 guests, very unusual for events which are typically packed. But then, it’s unusual for an outgoing President to stomp off sulking rather than celebrate America’s democratic heritage of peaceful transfer of power to the winner of the election. It seems a lot of people don’t like Trump and are tired of his whining and lies about the election, and are quite happy for him to slink off without fanfare like the loser he is.
I do hope some people are paid to attend Trump’s farewell follies.
I can’t think of a lovelier way to bookend his presidency.
Old 20th January 2021, 04:57 AM   #2474
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.

Nope. Your desperation is the only thing mounting.

https://eu.detroitnews.com/story/new...up/3824210001/
Old 20th January 2021, 06:13 AM   #2475
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

You're confused. That was Russia helping Trump in 2016.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2021, 07:22 AM   #2476
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

Originally Posted by jsfisher View Post
I noticed their choice of words, too. "More suspected evidence." So they aren't even calling it evidence, they're just saying they think it could be evidence.

OANN really is aimed at the most easily manipulated simpletons.
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2021, 07:35 AM   #2477
Spektator
Watching . . . always watching.

Vaporevidence.
Spektator is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2021, 09:01 AM   #2478
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Soon.

Be patient.
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2021, 09:10 AM   #2479
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Soon.

Be patient.
Around 40 minutes, but who's counting?
Old 20th January 2021, 09:22 AM   #2480
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

Originally Posted by eerok View Post
Around 40 minutes, but who's counting?
Not me.

Around 29 minute, now.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories