ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 911 conspiracy theory , alex jones

Old 5th October 2006, 10:29 AM   #41
chipmunk stew
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
Indeed, some ADMINS believe that they know that i know for sure that they know that Avery knows that i know what you know before he knows that, too.

EDIT: But who knows - You know?
He knows too much.
chipmunk stew is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2006, 10:29 AM   #42
Oliver
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by jhunter1163 View Post
Oliver:

There's a green helicopter on the way to your house.

Cheers, John
They heard that, too - now they are purple.
Oliver is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2006, 01:33 PM   #43
JamesB
Master Poster

OK, everyone grab your bullhorn and start chanting.

9/11 Was an Alex Jones' job!
I said lots of things in NPH that I would not say today and that I did not repeat in NPHR, where I specifically corrected at least some of the errors I had made in that earlier book, written 5 years ago.
-David Ray Griffin-
JamesB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2006, 01:40 PM   #44
brodski
Tea-Time toad

Originally Posted by JamesB View Post

but in a quiet, dignified, respectful manner.
brodski is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2006, 01:42 PM   #45
Bell
Penultimate Amazing

We have newspaper articles!
Bell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2006, 04:42 PM   #46
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

But it has to be true! I saw it on the internet!

ETA: Wouldn't that be the ultimate in irony, if Chipmunk Stew's satirical post wound up being a hot google search for "alex jones" & "9/11"? They believe anything the can find on the computer without leaving their mommy's basement rec room!

Help! We're being attacked by sea lions!

Last edited by Foolmewunz; 5th October 2006 at 04:45 PM.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2006, 05:34 PM   #47
Brainache
Nasty Brutish and Tall

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
But it has to be true! I saw it on the internet!

ETA: Wouldn't that be the ultimate in irony, if Chipmunk Stew's satirical post wound up being a hot google search for "alex jones" & "9/11"? They believe anything the can find on the computer without leaving their mommy's basement rec room!
This is of course exactly why they started that thread about CStew being a liar. They know that their audience really is that stupid. They need to point out a joke to them just in case someone sends the cops round to Jones' house.

I don't think AJ wants the cops to visit him.
Brainache is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2006, 05:38 PM   #48
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Originally Posted by JamesB View Post

Apply bullhorn directly to the forehead!

What's the Harm?........Stop Sylvia Browne........My 9/11 links
Gravy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2006, 05:41 PM   #49
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Originally Posted by Brainache View Post
This is of course exactly why they started that thread about CStew being a liar. They know that their audience really is that stupid. They need to point out a joke to them just in case someone sends the cops round to Jones' house.

I don't think AJ wants the cops to visit him.
Oh, I disagree! I think AJ would love nothing more than to be harrassed by Teh Police State's enforcers. That's his whole schtick! And look what it did for Chris Bollyn's alt-media face time a few months ago.

eta: When Abby gets her cop uniform we'll send her to Austin.

Last edited by Gravy; 5th October 2006 at 05:54 PM.
Gravy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2006, 05:44 PM   #50
Brainache
Nasty Brutish and Tall

Yeah I guess I'm not thinking like Alex Jones does.(ie, a publicity whore).

But I gotta say, two words spring to mind when I look at this Jones character:

Amphetamine Psychosis.
Brainache is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2006, 05:52 PM   #51
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Amphetamine Psychosis.
Yeah, he was something to behold in person. I was actually concerned for his health. He was beet-red, sweating, didn't seem to be able to concentrate, rarely looked me in the eye. I'm not making an accusation, because I have no idea what his habits are, but my first thought when seeing him in action was, "this guy is doing some serious cocaine."

Old 5th October 2006, 05:59 PM   #52
Axiom_Blade
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
Yeah, he was something to behold in person. I was actually concerned for his health. He was beet-red, sweating, didn't seem to be able to concentrate, rarely looked me in the eye. I'm not making an accusation, because I have no idea what his habits are, but my first thought when seeing him in action was, "this guy is doing some serious cocaine."
That's no good!
Dammit, how's this guy gonna save us from the New World Order?!?
Axiom_Blade is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2006, 09:13 PM   #53
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
Oh, Hell! I rarely look you in the eye, either! Obviously I'm part of the chemically deranged problem, myself! I'll go turn myself in. (Never mind, I just realized that I'm neither beet-red nor sweating. I'll just keep an eye on myself and see if maybe I have to turn myself in, later.)

Seriously, though, he'd LOVE to have the police on his back. Look at all the coverage the minister of misinformation from AFP got based on his heated taser battle. AJ would love some campaign ribbons. Do they issue any for big fat butts?

Help! We're being attacked by sea lions!
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2006, 01:23 AM   #54
Oliver
Penultimate Amazing

Alex Jones is indeed part of the plot - i just investigoofled it...

http://video.google.nl/videoplay?doc...dicting+9%2F11
Oliver is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2006, 03:03 AM   #55
tsig
a carbon based life-form

Originally Posted by sleahead View Post
Excellent, Chipmunk. He did it, alright. Now he protects his position by being a mole amongst the troofers, keeping tabs and misdirecting them. Who was first in with the bogus Lauro Chavez story? And the bogus Donn de Grand Pre story? Jones, of course. Lucky for the troofers that people here expose his disinformation.
Best place to hide is with the searchers.
tsig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2006, 05:26 AM   #56
Mince
Master Poster

Amphetamine Psychosis.
GEORGE BUSH IS THE DEVIL!!!!!!!!! (buy my dvd) HE'S A FASCIST, NEOCON PIG!!!!!!!!! (buy my dvd) I LOVE THIS COUNTRY, I'M A PATRIOT, THAT'S WHY I'M DOING THIS (buy my dvd). 911 WAS AN INSIDE JOB...OR SOMETHING!!!!!! (buy my dvd). BUY MY DVD!!!!!!!!!!! (buy my dvd)
Mince is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2006, 06:03 AM   #57
chipmunk stew
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Mince View Post
GEORGE BUSH IS THE DEVIL!!!!!!!!! (buy my dvd) HE'S A FASCIST, NEOCON PIG!!!!!!!!! (buy my dvd) I LOVE THIS COUNTRY, I'M A PATRIOT, THAT'S WHY I'M DOING THIS (buy my dvd). 911 WAS AN INSIDE JOB...OR SOMETHING!!!!!! (buy my dvd). BUY MY DVD!!!!!!!!!!! (buy my dvd)
THE U.S. IS OWNED BY THE BRITISH!!!!!!!!! (but if you want to hear some REAL crazy st, subscribe to my members-only pay site--the truth is so important, you've gotta pay to see it)
chipmunk stew is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2006, 06:10 AM   #58
Brainache
Nasty Brutish and Tall

9/11 Truth is an inside job!!

The NWO= LTW.

Dylan Avery and Alex Jones have never denied eating babies and kittens for breakfast!!!

It has been documented
Old 6th October 2006, 10:02 AM   #59
DarkMagician
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by chipmunk stew View Post
Ha! We've got 'em on the run now! They always attack when you corner them...
http://s15.invisionfree.com/Loose_Ch...howtopic=15938

I thought a lot of these guys watch Jon Stewart. Do you think they laugh when they watch, or do they just nod gravely?
The thread looks sort of like small children acting like they're speaking, but not really saying much of anything.
Sometimes going by "Nyke" | "Pascal's Wager: Believe in Unicorns, or one might kick you in the nads!" | "There is no hope for humanity. Reason is dead and we dance on the corpse. Tra la la la la!" --c4ts | Intelligent Design & Expelled Exposed | I'm on dial-up. If you want to reply to me, summarize please.
DarkMagician is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2006, 10:05 AM   #60
Oliver
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by DarkMagician View Post
The thread looks sort of like small children acting like they're speaking, but not really saying much of anything.
You demand a serious discussion about clowns like Jones&Jones? Okay, lets hear: (i won´t laugh, promised)

Last edited by Oliver; 6th October 2006 at 10:08 AM. Reason: promise added
Old 6th October 2006, 10:32 AM   #61
jsiv
Illuminator

You demand a serious discussion about clowns like Jones&Jones? Okay, lets hear: (i won´t laugh, promised)
Still waiting for you to debunk the proof I gave you, Oliver. I see you decided to run away from the other thread when confronted with the facts, like a true conspiracy theorist.

I don't give up that easily though, so here it is again!

Well, i´m very familiar with CGI - so i don´t have to realize that they could be 3d animated Characters. Even if their stupidity might leed to this conclusion. I think both of them are very clever and make much profit out of it. Proof me wrong, please.

I guarantee that you can't find a single error or miscalculation in my proof.
jsiv is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2006, 10:43 AM   #62
Oliver
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by jsiv View Post
Still waiting for you to debunk the proof I gave you, Oliver. I see you decided to run away from the other thread when confronted with the facts, like a true conspiracy theorist.

I don't give up that easily though, so here it is again!

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/3430/joneshl5.jpg

I guarantee that you can't find a single error or miscalculation in my proof.
I did´nt run away...

I just laughed my ass off because i thought it was a joke.
And now i laugh even more because you say it was no joke.

You´re calculations are correct so far - so you could be right
with your theory, but you missed the most important point:

No 3d-Graficdesigner would be able to create such a realistc
looking, oafishly grin like the one from Jones. Besides the
BS he talks...
Old 6th October 2006, 11:35 AM   #63
Bell
Penultimate Amazing

<snip> Besides the
BS he talks...

You really don't get it, eh? You have to play his recordings backwards! D'oh!
Bell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2006, 04:35 PM   #64
Oliver
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Bell View Post

You really don't get it, eh? You have to play his recordings backwards! D'oh!
I did so and i´m astound, Bell

I don´t understand one word - but it makes much more sense than the other way.

Last edited by Oliver; 6th October 2006 at 04:46 PM.
Old 6th October 2006, 09:47 PM   #65
Alareth
Philosopher

I just want a little editorial balance here. Before I begin, let me point out that it would be charitable of me not to mention that the central preconception in Alex Jones's paranoid style is the belief in the existence of a vast, merciless, preternaturally effective international conspiratorial network designed to break down our communities. Fortunately, I am not beset by a spirit of false charity, so I will instead maintain that he is addicted to the feeling of power, to the idea of controlling people. Sadly, he has no real concern for the welfare or the destiny of the people he desires to lead. Perhaps Jones has some sound arguments on his side, but if so, he's keeping them well hidden; all the arguments I've heard from him are thoroughly lame-brained. There is no honor in his convictions. Jones's spokesmen probably don't realize that, because it's not mentioned in the funny papers or in the movies. Nevertheless, time cannot change his behavior. Time merely enlarges the field in which Jones can, with ever-increasing intensity and thoroughness, increase society's cycle of hostility and violence. Given that he is urging us to follow him down the rabbit hole or through the looking glass into a wonderland of sectarianism, isn't it obvious that he should be forced to wear a scarlet "W" for "Wants to incite an atmosphere of violence and endangerment toward the good men, women, and children of this state"? As we organize our campaigns against larcenous geeks and formulate responses to their rhetoric, it is critical that we put to rest the animosities that have kept various groups of people from enjoying anything other than superficial unity.

Now, I'm going to be honest here. Jones says that his obloquies are Holy Writ. What he means by this, of course, is that he wants free reign to defy the law of the land.

The funny thing is, Jones's bedfellows have been staggering around like punch-drunk fighters hit too many times -- stunned, confused, betrayed, and trying desperately to rationalize Jones's benighted methods of interpretation. It is not a pretty sight. "What's that?", I hear you ask. "Is it true that Jones's revenge fantasies are prætorianism redux?" Why, yes, it is. Libidinous cadgers like Jones always lie. Even an occasional truth is intended only to cover up a bigger falsification and is therefore, itself, a deliberate untruth.

If we're to effectively carry out our responsibilities and make a future for ourselves, we will first have to introduce an important, but underrepresented, angle on Jones's garrulous wisecracks. Couldn't you figure that out for yourself, Jones? His list of sins is long and each one deserves more space than I have here. Therefore, rather than describe each one individually, I'll summarize by stating that Jones believes that every word that leaves his mouth is teeming with useful information. That's just wrong. He further believes that one can understand the elements of a scientific theory only by reference to the social condition and personal histories of the scientists involved. Wrong again! His treatises may have been conceived in idealism, but they quickly degenerated into crotchety absolutism. Rummy, heartless beatniks must be treated with political justice, not with civil justice, as they are certainly not real citizens, yet I, for one, don't care to share the same planet as Jones. This sort of vertiginous paradox is well known to most beer-guzzling, stinking oafs.

I refuse to indulge Jones's foibles. This is the flaw in Jones's campaigns. He doesn't understand that if I had to choose the most crapulous specimen from his welter of illiterate gabble, it would have to be his claim that his publicity stunts are our final line of defense against tyrrany. Why does Lysenkoism exist? What causes it? And how much longer can we tolerate Jones's humorless propositions before the whole country collectively throws up? To understand the answers to those questions, you first have to realize that Jones's apostles are unified under a common goal. That goal is to mold the mind of virtually every citizen -- young or old, rich or poor, simple or sophisticated.

Of course, in a discussion of this type, one should obviously mention that Jones hates people who have huge supplies of the things he lacks. What he lacks the most is common sense, which underlies my point that Jones is a sore loser. I trust that I have not shocked any of you by writing that. However, I do realize that some of my readers may feel that much of what I have penned about Jones in this letter is heartless and in violation of our Christian duty to love everyone. If so, I can say only that Jones likes to cite poll results that "prove" that cultural tradition has never contributed a single thing to the advancement of knowledge or understanding. Really? Have you ever been contacted by one of his pollsters? Chances are good that you never have been contacted and never will be. Otherwise, the polls would show that if I wanted to brainwash and manipulate a large segment of the population, I would convince them that Jones is a refined gentleman with the soundest education and morals you can imagine. In fact, that's exactly what Jones does as part of his quest to give expression to that which is most destructive and most harmful to society. It's not just the lunatic fringe that's in Jones's corner; a number of previously respectable people have begun backing him. If there's a rule, and Jones keeps making exceptions to that rule, then what good is the rule? I mean, Jones's words are not an abstract problem. They have very concrete, immediate, and unpleasant consequences. For instance, Jones has planted his forces everywhere. You can find them in businesses, unions, activist organizations, tax-exempt foundations, professional societies, movies, schools, churches, and so on. Not only does this subversive approach enhance Jones's ability to make a mockery of our most fundamentally held beliefs but it also provides irrefutable evidence that if he opened his eyes, he'd realize that when someone bends knee to his non-negotiable demands, Jones pushes and pushes for more. Are you beginning to get the picture here? Some will say I exaggerate, but, actually, I'm being quite lenient. I didn't mention, for example, that I am not fooled by Jones's chthonic and eristic rhetoric. I therefore gladly accept the responsibility of notifying others that Jones has found a way to avoid compliance with government regulations, circumvent any further litigation, and turn once-flourishing neighborhoods into zones of violence, decay, and moral disregard -- all by trumping up a phony emergency.

Does Jones remember the hurt and hate in the eyes of the people he made fun of just so others would like him more? Even if he does, I'm sure he doesn't care, because there may be nothing we can do to prevent Jones from making good on his word to send censorious ingrates on safari holidays instead of publicly birching them. When we compare this disturbing conclusion to the comforting picture purveyed by his vicegerents, we experience psychological stress or "cognitive dissonance". Our only recourse is to counteract the subtle, but pervasive, social message that says that without Jones's superior guidance, we will go nowhere. I am not trying to save the world -- I gave up that pursuit a long time ago. But I am trying to push the envelope on our knowledge of the world around us.

Jones is still going around insisting that we're supposed to shut up and smile when he says iconoclastic things. Jeez, I thought I had made it perfectly clear to him that his cause is not glorious. It is not wonderful. It is not good. Given that he has let his daft feelings obscure reality, it stands to reason that I still believe in duty, honor, and country. Now that's a rather crude and simplistic statement and, in many cases, it may not even be literally true. But there is a sense in which it is generally true, a sense in which it really expresses how prudence is no vice. Cowardice -- especially Jones's jealous form of it -- is.

If you're still reading this post, I wish to compliment you for being sufficiently open-minded to understand that I recently informed Jones that his worshippers break down traditional values. Jones said he'd "look further into the matter." Well, not too much further; after all, his stratagems are evil. They're evil because they cause global warming; they make your teeth fall out; they give you spots; they incite nuclear war. And, as if that weren't enough, I feel that writing this letter is like celestial navigation. Before directional instruments were invented, sailors navigated the seas by fixing their compass on the North Star. But no one likes being attacked by insidious quacks. Even worse, Jones exploits our fear of those attacks -- which he claims will evolve quicker than you can double-check the spelling of "honorificabilitudinity" into biological, chemical, or nuclear attacks -- as a pretext to commit all sorts of mortal sins -- not to mention an uncountable number of venial ones. If you think that's scary, then you should remember that a central fault line runs through each of Jones's perorations.

Specifically, if Jones were as bright as he thinks he is, he'd know that there is no such thing as evil in the abstract. It exists only in the evil deeds of evil people like Jones. To those peremptory spoilsports who think that society is screaming for Jones's precepts, know this: We are now stuck with a nugatory feudalism bearing a human face -- that of Alex Jones. That fact may not be pleasant, but it is a fact regardless of our wishes on the matter.

Jones wants to transform our whole society to suit his own ruthless interests. Faugh. He does not merely represent a threat to all the people in the area, indeed, possibly the world. He does so consciously, deliberately, willfully, and methodically. A final note: Alex Jones bases his arguments on the belief that his philosophies can give us deeper insights into the nature of reality.

I found a new toy
Alareth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2006, 12:32 AM   #66
jsiv
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Alareth View Post
That's a lot of text. Do you have a video version?
jsiv is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2006, 02:05 AM   #67
greyleonard
Thinker

Originally Posted by Bell View Post
Compare the 'arm' with the following picture... (
loch ness photo)
Hah, I love that.
Similar to my reply when a certain CTist demands an explanation for a flash during the collapse:

greyleonard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2006, 02:24 AM   #68
eddyk
Thinker

^^

I don't get it...
eddyk is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2006, 03:05 AM   #69
greyleonard
Thinker

Originally Posted by eddyk View Post
I don't get it...
Can you see Monty Python's Black Knight on the rt photo? It's a joke about persistence and pareidolia.
edit: ...like Bell recognized the similarity between Nessie and Jonesie's arm.

Last edited by greyleonard; 7th October 2006 at 03:10 AM. Reason: content
greyleonard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2006, 04:26 AM   #70
Oliver
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Alareth View Post
Hahaha ... I love it. You get a new world domination conspiracy everytime you click it:
http://www.pakin.org/complaint?first...phs=1&gender=c

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories