ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags loose change forum , white supremacists

Old 9th April 2007, 07:09 PM   #1
Thunder
Banned

More White Supremacist Crap on LC

Here we go again:

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Loose_Ch...showtopic=7165

Hey truthers, how do you feel about Loose Change, Pilots for Truth, and other truther forums, allowing Neo-Nazi/White Supremacist/Holocaust Deniar/anti-Semitic posts and topics to be created and unchallenged?

If I was in charge of Loose Change or Pilots or even JREF, I would ban all racist/homophobic/anti-semitic/islamophobic posts on site and suspend any members who create the posts.

Having a intellectual, free debate of views does not mean you have to tolerate hatred and bigotry. Silence is acceptance.
Thunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th April 2007, 07:13 PM   #2
chippy
Muse

But what good is done when you ban them outright? This isn't going to stop them from spreading their hatred. They will just find other ways of spreading it.

Granted, I don't have a whole lot of faith in the moral superiority of the truth movement. But if they want to claim any rights to morality, they ought to confront this hatred and put it in its place.
chippy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th April 2007, 07:16 PM   #3
MaGZ
Philosopher

Originally Posted by parky76 View Post
Here we go again:

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Loose_Ch...showtopic=7165

Hey truthers, how do you feel about Loose Change, Pilots for Truth, and other truther forums, allowing Neo-Nazi/White Supremacist/Holocaust Deniar/anti-Semitic posts and topics to be created and unchallenged?

If I was in charge of Loose Change or Pilots or even JREF, I would ban all racist/homophobic/anti-semitic/islamophobic posts on site and suspend any members who create the posts.

Having a intellectual, free debate of views does not mean you have to tolerate hatred and bigotry. Silence is acceptance.
Gibson/Imus in 08
MaGZ is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th April 2007, 07:19 PM   #4
Thunder
Banned

Alright, don't ban them. Don't even ban the posts. But they could atleast challenge them. But instead, the administrators of these forums critisize and ban those who challengs the bigoted posts. So not only are they silent in the face of hatred, they attack those who have the balls to stand up to it.

Only one conclusion can be made, and that is that Loose Change, Pilots for Truth, and other forums, do indeed support several forms of bigotry and intolerance.

If I am wrong...let them prove it. Let Pilots remove their posting of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion. Let Loose Change remove their posts about Zionsts manipulating financial systems of Europe for centuries.

But this will not happen. Why? Because these forums support bigotry.
Thunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th April 2007, 07:23 PM   #5
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by chippy View Post
But what good is done when you ban them outright? This isn't going to stop them from spreading their hatred. They will just find other ways of spreading it.

Granted, I don't have a whole lot of faith in the moral superiority of the truth movement. But if they want to claim any rights to morality, they ought to confront this hatred and put it in its place.
Agreed.

Alright, don't ban them. Don't even ban the posts. But they could atleast challenge them. But instead, the administrators of these forums critisize and ban those who challengs the bigoted posts. So not only are they silent in the face of hatred, they attack those who have the balls to stand up to it.

Only one conclusion can be made, and that is that Loose Change, Pilots for Truth, and other forums, do indeed support several forms of bigotry and intolerance.

If I am wrong...let them prove it. Let Pilots remove their posting of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion. Let Loose Change remove their posts about Zionsts manipulating financial systems of Europe for centuries.

Banning them will not help, it will only make them craftier in how they approach their audience.

What needs to be done is CONFRONT THEM. Bring them to task, GET THEM TO ADMIT THEIR ANTISEMITISM, THEIR BIGOTRY.

Freedom of Speech works both ways.

TAM
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th April 2007, 07:30 PM   #6
MaGZ
Philosopher

If someone on here were bashing Catholics, southerner or some other particular group that you were not apart of you would be silent.

Right Parky?

It is not bigotry that offends you, its just criticism of Jews.
MaGZ is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th April 2007, 07:33 PM   #7
Thunder
Banned

In my lofty experience at LC and Pilots, if you dare challenge them on their anti-Semitism and bigotry, they will be strongly defended by their fellow truthers under the guise of "free speech" or "standing up to Zionists". I don't think all truthers are anti-Semites....but they hate the charge of "anti-Semitism" more then the anti-Semitism itself.

Magz- No. I would not support someone attacking Catholics. I would not support someone calling all priests child molesters, or accusing the Catholic Church of some diabolical scheme of trying to rule the world.

It would be very convenient for you if I only was against bigotry towards Jews, but was silent in the face of bigotry towards others. But I am not one of those Jews. Try again.

Last edited by Thunder; 9th April 2007 at 07:37 PM.
Old 9th April 2007, 08:06 PM   #8
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

I guess, from my perspective, the whole Zionism, antisemetism issue is not that different from 9/11 in this regard...

They come here, not to convince you, but to spread their hate and to try to make a few readers see things their way...

I would agrue with them, confront them on it, expose their hate, so that those reading can see them for the loathing, hatefilled bigots that they are. In the end, they are, like the truthers, self-defeating.

TAM
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th April 2007, 09:27 PM   #9
steve s
Philosopher

Quote:
That's like saying "More automotive tips on CarTalk.com."

I love the way he ends that post over there; "Peace to you in Christ Jesus." Praise the lord and pass the ammo.

Steve S.
Old 9th April 2007, 11:44 PM   #10
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

It's not white supremacist and while I can detect a definite anti-Semitic tinge, it is only a tinge. Compared to a lot of the stuff over there, it's actually quite tame, and certainly some of the anecdotes raised in the stories are troubling if true.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2007, 02:15 AM   #11
jhunter1163
beer-swilling semiliterate

Location: Connecticut, or King Arthur's Court. Hard to tell sometimes.
The only two sources are WorldNetDaily (I almost stopped reading at that point) and this Rev. Ted Pike. I'm wondering if the poster IS Rev. Pike.

He seems very exercised that the proposed law would make anti-Semitic, homophobic, or bigoted attacks a federal crime, ignoring the fact that such attacks already ARE crimes in most states in the US. I'm sure the laws vary from state to state, but I can assure you that here in Connecticut, if you paint a swastika on a Jewish family's home, you will be dealt with much more severely than you would if you just "tagged" it.

There's more than a tinge of anti-Semitism in that post. Another one to send to Mr. Cuban.
Old 10th April 2007, 02:22 AM   #12
MG1962

Quote:
I like this orginal idea best. Too many people on this planet have died and will continue to die because certain elements cant practice the slightest level of tollerence.

I don't see why we should give them the slightest leg up to spread their posion
MG1962 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2007, 02:27 AM   #13
Panoply_Prefect
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by chippy View Post
Not only that, it will turn them all into martyrs, and you will get an endless stream of "They are so afraid of the truth, they ban us", "The only way for them to handle our arguments is by silencing us" and "Their case is so weak they need anti-free speech laws to protect it". Just like Holocaust denial is doing with the Irving, Zundel and Rudolf-trials.

/S
Panoply_Prefect is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2007, 03:56 AM   #14
gumboot
lorcutus.tolere

Originally Posted by MG1962 View Post
I like this orginal idea best. Too many people on this planet have died and will continue to die because certain elements cant practice the slightest level of tollerence.

I don't see why we should give them the slightest leg up to spread their posion

So we should be totally intolerant of intolerance?

-Gumboot

O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti tde
keimetha tois keinon rhmasi peithomenoi.

A fan of fantasy? Check out Project Dreamforge.
gumboot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2007, 05:40 AM   #15
jon
Muse

If Loose Change forums allowed free speech, there might be an argument for allowing free speech for Nazis. However, the fact that they don't allow discussion of - for example - whether LC creators are profiteering from 9/11, but they do allow Nazis to rant away, does show somewhat skewed priorities.

For those wishing to join the Jewish conspiracy to silence Truth, you can report abuse to invision here.
Old 10th April 2007, 05:53 AM   #16
chipmunk stew
Philosopher

I think this forum's response to GodSend has been a good model. He is currently suspended, but only because at least half his posts were personal insults with no topical content. His irrational bigotry has been challenged head-on, and he has never been given a platform with room enough to give his racist views even a mild ring of (specious) truth.
chipmunk stew is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2007, 09:03 AM   #17
jon
Muse

Apologies for spamming the thread with all these post. Crashed when I was posting, I refreshed the page, and then that happened Clearly, it's a conspiracy.

If a mod wants to delete the offending posts, please go ahead.
Old 10th April 2007, 09:03 AM   #18
negativ
Graduate Poster

It shouldn't be terribly surprising; the Truth movement is essentially an ideology built around seething hatred. Hatred for specific people like G. W. Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, et. al. Hatred for nebulous and/or imaginary groups like the "NWO" and "Zionists". Hatred for the US military.

It's one thing to very strongly disagree with the policies, statements, and actions of all the above, but you have to admit it's pretty hard to draw Hitler mustaches on Bush or depict Condoleeza Rice as Al Jolson in blackface without feeling some pretty serious hatred.

Best of all is when they start fantasizing about what it's going to be like when The Truth Comes Out and all the conspirators will be executed, and then everyone who "shilled" for them (meaning you and I) will also be rounded up and dealt harshly with.
Old 10th April 2007, 09:08 AM   #19
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by jon View Post
Apologies for spamming the thread with all these post. Crashed when I was posting, I refreshed the page, and then that happened Clearly, it's a conspiracy.

If a mod wants to delete the offending posts, please go ahead.
When you're submitting a post, don't click a second time if the whole thing seems too slow. Just copy the contents of your post and reload the last page of the thread. If it isn't there, you can start again, pasting the previous content into your new post.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2007, 11:26 AM   #20
jon
Muse

Thanks Belz, and to the mods who deleted the posts.

negativ- odd, isn't it. If people mistakenly argue that CTs are wrong, they're shills and will be first against the wall come the revolution; if CTs make documentaries - accusing people of murder - which contain more errors than accurate statements, then we need to remember that the CTs were only young, we all make mistakes, etc.
Old 10th April 2007, 12:03 PM   #21
Darth Rotor
Salted Sith Cynic

Originally Posted by parky76
How about you return that

to the potted meats aisle?

Why don't you leave that crap on LCF? Not everyone is obsessed with the postings of CT'ers beyond what is found here.

Starting threads like this adds nothing to the CT forum.

DR
"Jesus wept, but did He laugh?"--F.H. Buckley____"There is one thing that was too great for God to show us when He walked upon our earth ... His mirth." --Chesterton__"If the barbarian in us is excised, so is our humanity."--D'rok__ "I only use my gun whenever kindness fails."-- Robert Earl Keen__"Sturgeon spares none.". -- The Marquis

Last edited by Darth Rotor; 10th April 2007 at 12:06 PM.
Darth Rotor is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2007, 02:11 PM   #22
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by SLOB View Post
Not only that, it will turn them all into martyrs, and you will get an endless stream of "They are so afraid of the truth, they ban us", "The only way for them to handle our arguments is by silencing us" and "Their case is so weak they need anti-free speech laws to protect it". Just like Holocaust denial is doing with the Irving, Zundel and Rudolf-trials.

/S
Putting this back in the context of the loose change boards, why can't they take this same approach with the no-planers?

Either way, the fact that they'll ban you for saying no planes hit the towers, but tolerate people claiming no jews hit the gas chambers speaks volumes about thier consistency and thier true agenda.
Sword_Of_Truth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2007, 07:42 AM   #23
Thunder
Banned

Some more anti-Jewish hatred tolerated by Dylan Avery. This time its "Zionist/Jewish Mind Control".

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Loose_Ch...showtopic=7343

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories