ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 911 conspiracy theory , loose change , loose change forum

Old 4th April 2006, 09:09 AM   #41
rikzilla
Ninja wave: Atomic fire-breath ninja

Originally Posted by RandFan View Post
When I try and log in I get the message: Sorry, we could not find a member called RandFan, are you sure it's correct?

Not once did I stoop to insults or personal attack.
Not once did I act contrary to the rules.
No warning.
My thread was moved to Under the Bridge and I was banned.

Go figure. I guess I threatened a few folks there.

Who are the cowards?
RF my dear friend...you are Sancho...and Mr. Randi was right yet again. The forces of darkness are assembling....and boy are they a bunch of stupidos!

-z
Old 4th April 2006, 10:09 AM   #42
RandFan
Mormon Atheist

Originally Posted by rikzilla View Post
RF my dear friend...you are Sancho...and Mr. Randi was right yet again. The forces of darkness are assembling....and boy are they a bunch of stupidos!

-z
I've tilted at a windmill or two in my time. Damn and I thought I was the good Don.
Old 4th April 2006, 10:23 AM   #43
Shrinker
Graduate Poster

Randfan, you're lucky you only got banned. Look what the admins are doing to Slausy4's posts....

http://s15.invisionfree.com/Loose_Ch...pic=1702&st=60

Quote:
Go take a .>>> I AM A MORON <<<. history course and learn about it
Quote:
face life and stop living in .>>> I AM A MORON <<<. NEVERLAND YOU DUMB DREAMY NUT HEADS!!!
Quote:
SO WHEN YOU .>>> I AM A MORON <<<. ***HOLES ALL GO TO JAIL THEN ILL BELIEVE IN YOUR PUMPED UP CONSPIRACY THEORY!!!!!
Shrinker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th April 2006, 10:25 AM   #44
RandFan
Mormon Atheist

Originally Posted by Shrinker View Post
Randfan, you're lucky you only got banned. Look what the admins are doing to Slausy4's posts....

An odd way to express an objective view point.
Old 4th April 2006, 10:35 AM   #45
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Originally Posted by The_Fire View Post
Don't feel too bad. They probably panicked when they figured out that their "theories" (I would say delusions) couldn't hold water.
Someone should ask them how living in denial feels like....
Wet.
"The IPA craze has resulted in lots of bitter beers that taste like a nondescript piece of fruit got gang rapped (sic) by a bunch of hops in a prison shower." - Craig4
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th April 2006, 11:50 AM   #46
chipmunk stew
Philosopher

RandFan,

TheQuest asked me if you want to be re-registered at the Loose Change forum.

http://s15.invisionfree.com/Loose_Ch...showtopic=1771
chipmunk stew is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th April 2006, 11:52 AM   #47
bob_kark
Person of Hench

Originally Posted by chipmunk stew View Post
RandFan,

Awwww, that's so sweet! No really, please rejoin our totalitarian board!
bob_kark is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th April 2006, 12:08 PM   #48
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

RandFan,

Yeah, so that RandFan can post once and TheQuest can say "SO I CAN BAN YOU AGAIN!!!! PWNED!!!!" and give high fives to all the other 12 year olds over there.

The RandFan banning proved entirely what that board is about: Stiffling dissent and maximising hypocrisy. Let them wallow in what they created.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th April 2006, 12:13 PM   #49
chipmunk stew
Philosopher

TheQuest and the other admins were getting a lot of flak from their own members, too, about the way they've been handling dissenting voices, so I think it's a sincere olive branch.
chipmunk stew is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th April 2006, 12:24 PM   #50
gnome
Penultimate Amazing

Whoa... I'm interested to see how this turns out.

gnome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th April 2006, 12:26 PM   #51
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

TheQuest and the other admins were getting a lot of flak from their own members, too, about the way they've been handling dissenting voices, so I think it's a sincere olive branch.
I don't think it is very sincere until I see an apology attached to that offer. But I am not RandFan.

If I was RandFan I would say "CRAWL ON YOUR BELLY AND BEG FOR ME TO RETURN YOU SNAKES!"

Any evidence of this 'flak', BTW Stew?

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th April 2006, 12:28 PM   #52
Manny
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Shrinker View Post

Heh. Unless I miss my guess, that's an automated filter. All the instances of "I am a moron" could be replaced with the gerund form of the f-word. I have to admit that I actually find that pretty funny if my interpretation is correct.
Manny is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th April 2006, 12:41 PM   #53
chipmunk stew
Philosopher

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
I don't think it is very sincere until I see an apology attached to that offer. But I am not RandFan.

If I was RandFan I would say "CRAWL ON YOUR BELLY AND BEG FOR ME TO RETURN YOU SNAKES!"

Any evidence of this 'flak', BTW Stew?
I definitely think an apology is in order.

"A lot" may have been an overstatement, but there was flak.

Flak:
http://s15.invisionfree.com/Loose_Ch...showtopic=1701

http://s15.invisionfree.com/Loose_Ch...showtopic=1664 (HotDogBun's posts)(I'd like to think mine had some effect, too)

Good intentions (or lip service???):
http://s15.invisionfree.com/Loose_Ch...?showtopic=886

Last edited by chipmunk stew; 4th April 2006 at 12:44 PM.
Old 4th April 2006, 01:00 PM   #54
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy

Originally Posted by manny View Post
Heh. Unless I miss my guess, that's an automated filter. All the instances of "I am a moron" could be replaced with the gerund form of the f-word. I have to admit that I actually find that pretty funny if my interpretation is correct.
That was my impression as well, given the context. If that isn't what is going on, it's a great idea.
Old 4th April 2006, 01:04 PM   #55
chipmunk stew
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Upchurch View Post
That was my impression as well, given the context. If that isn't what is going on, it's a great idea.
I'm pretty sure that's what's going on. For a while I was wondering why so many CTers use the word "hades". Also, I've seen sentences like "How the screw should I know, you screwin jerk"
Old 4th April 2006, 01:22 PM   #56
pipelineaudio
Illuminator

http://s15.invisionfree.com/Loose_Ch...&#entry3015274

tired of this roxdog character, he constantly runs and insults you when you prove him wrong, and still will not provide a single thesis of his own, or answer real questions. Think hell behave on this last post?
pipelineaudio is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th April 2006, 01:32 PM   #57
Blackwell
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by manny View Post
You're probably right, manny. Similar to fark.com's "first post" filter (which still cracks me up...)

And yea, the Lord did text unto the Philistines...
U guys have to stop s1nnig. I totaly <3 U guys 4ever but I will pwn U when I CUL8ER and U will be all OMG! and WTF! and I be LOL!!! - Psiload
Blackwell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th April 2006, 01:55 PM   #58
pipelineaudio
Illuminator

I submit I have just as much evidence for this hypothesis as anything "Dr." King/Jones have

The Gremlin Hypothesis.....

Gremlins that live in the sewer are pissed about the overpopulation of New York, and the types of crap flushed into their subterranean homes. On September 11, 2001 they took a stand.

Gremlins killed and ate Silverstein then assumed his form and used "Gremlin Mind Control Magic" to make it appear as if planes were flown into the WTC.

In actuality, thousands of gremlins ran up and down the towers (note the flashes), and ate the steel supporting beams at various points. Whenever a gremlin gets too full, he runs to a window and barfs out "the squibs" that you see in various pictures.

Gremlins are normally invisible to humans, but Gremlin Silverstein was observed yelling "pull it " to a team of gremlins who were stealing a piano from WTC7 before they finished eating its supports

Go on, prove me wrong....
pipelineaudio is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th April 2006, 04:19 PM   #59
WildCat
NWO Master Conspirator

Originally Posted by conspiracybeliever View Post
Can you elaborate?
Do you not know what moving the goalposts means? The "PM debunking" sites don't address any of the points of the PM article, they just add a bunch of new stuff that PM didn't address.

You, on the other hand, simply run away and ignore what you can't refute and go to some other place where your CT hasn't been critically addressed.
Old 4th April 2006, 04:33 PM   #60
RandFan
Mormon Atheist

RandFan,

Thanks chipmunk,

Post this to the thread.

I registered with Loose Change because I was angry at the way you (chipmunk) were treated and wanted to make my displeasure known. After a few posts I considered whether to stick around or move on. I was intrigued by a few posters who seemed to me to be reasonable and so I decided to test the waters so to speak. I decided that if I was going to do that then I would have to set some rules for myself. These included avoiding provocative rhetoric, personal insults and to pay extra close attention to my logic in order to avoid fallacy. It also included a commitment to honesty and to come to back to JREF and report honestly of my treatment. I DID that. I kept my promise to myself and I'm proud of that fact.

I just went back through that thread and I will be damned if I can find one single instance where I failed in my commitment. If that is wrong I would like to know how it is wrong? Or if there was something else that I did wrong then I would like to know what that is? If I come back will I be given a fair shot? I most certainly did not get one the first time around.

From LC

RedPillNeo

>Be impeccably polite to all guests, even the rude ones. It raises the esteem of the activist in the eyes of EVERY observer of the discussion; in public a crowd of dozens can form out of nowhere for a shouting match.

>The people who criticise, question, argue, and contradict, on the other hand, are a WEALTH of useful information, IF you learn to see and use it.

Please note. After I started my thread I was always polite. I invite anyone to show me where I was even once insolent (insulted anyone or was presumptuously arrogant)?

I was clear in my responses. I used logic to question held beliefs. I challenged people to think about their views and opinions. I pointed out when people were simply engaging in rhetoric and failing to make logical argument. I posted an example of what argument is and what it is not. For that I was called a clown after I was banned.

I don't ask to be treated with kid gloves. I'm not whining. I can take the insults and rhetoric. What I don't care for is to be banned for no clear reason and then impugned once banned. I'm not interested in being someone's running joke.

If the admins will act like adults and inform me of any inappropriate behavior and give me a chance to alter that behavior and if they will be consistent in their application of the rules then I would come back.

I realize the admins, mods, whatever might not feel like they owe me anything and that is fine. If they would allow me to come back after these reasonable requests then I only have one final request, to know why I was banned in the first place? If they can't explain it in clear language then simply admit that they acted arbitrarily. I don't have to have an apology. Just help me understand.
Old 5th April 2006, 04:49 AM   #61
Shrinker
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Blackwell View Post
You're probably right, manny. Similar to fark.com's "first post" filter (which still cracks me up...)
Bah, looks like I jumped to a conclusion based on appearances alone. I guess I should have looked for other explanations before insisting it was a conspiracy.
Shrinker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2006, 05:02 AM   #62
chipmunk stew
Philosopher

Thanks chipmunk,

Post this to the thread.

I registered with Loose Change because I was angry at the way you (chipmunk) were treated and wanted to make my displeasure known. After a few posts I considered whether to stick around or move on. I was intrigued by a few posters who seemed to me to be reasonable and so I decided to test the waters so to speak. I decided that if I was going to do that then I would have to set some rules for myself. These included avoiding provocative rhetoric, personal insults and to pay extra close attention to my logic in order to avoid fallacy. It also included a commitment to honesty and to come to back to JREF and report honestly of my treatment. I DID that. I kept my promise to myself and I'm proud of that fact.

I just went back through that thread and I will be damned if I can find one single instance where I failed in my commitment. If that is wrong I would like to know how it is wrong? Or if there was something else that I did wrong then I would like to know what that is? If I come back will I be given a fair shot? I most certainly did not get one the first time around.

From LC

RedPillNeo

>Be impeccably polite to all guests, even the rude ones. It raises the esteem of the activist in the eyes of EVERY observer of the discussion; in public a crowd of dozens can form out of nowhere for a shouting match.

>The people who criticise, question, argue, and contradict, on the other hand, are a WEALTH of useful information, IF you learn to see and use it.

Please note. After I started my thread I was always polite. I invite anyone to show me where I was even once insolent (insulted anyone or was presumptuously arrogant)?

I was clear in my responses. I used logic to question held beliefs. I challenged people to think about their views and opinions. I pointed out when people were simply engaging in rhetoric and failing to make logical argument. I posted an example of what argument is and what it is not. For that I was called a clown after I was banned.

I don't ask to be treated with kid gloves. I'm not whining. I can take the insults and rhetoric. What I don't care for is to be banned for no clear reason and then impugned once banned. I'm not interested in being someone's running joke.

If the admins will act like adults and inform me of any inappropriate behavior and give me a chance to alter that behavior and if they will be consistent in their application of the rules then I would come back.

I realize the admins, mods, whatever might not feel like they owe me anything and that is fine. If they would allow me to come back after these reasonable requests then I only have one final request, to know why I was banned in the first place? If they can't explain it in clear language then simply admit that they acted arbitrarily. I don't have to have an apology. Just help me understand.
Here's TheQuest's response: http://s15.invisionfree.com/Loose_Ch...pic=1771&st=17
Old 5th April 2006, 05:22 AM   #63
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

So, no apology for his slipshod, bigoted, opressive admin actions, I see. And that sure looks like an attempt to try and foist the blame on RandFan.

These guys really are scumwads.

Old 5th April 2006, 09:16 AM   #64
Belz...
Fiend God

I looked at that last post on the loose change forum. Three holes ? Yeah, I'm sure the investigators all missed that.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2006, 09:50 AM   #65
money
Muse

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
I looked at that last post on the loose change forum. Three holes ? Yeah, I'm sure the investigators all missed that.
That's horrible! Celebritymorgue... ugh. The internet has sunk to a new low.

www.stopsylvia.com
money is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th August 2007, 08:25 AM   #66
maxpower1227
Master Poster

I got banned from LCF in less than 12 hours/15 posts. Do I win?

Btw, hello everyone. First post here.
maxpower1227 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th August 2007, 08:34 AM   #67
Calcas
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by maxpower1227 View Post

Btw, hello everyone. First post here.
I think we have a couple of people who were banned BEFORE they even made one post simply because a mod recognized their name from here.

Who were you over there ?

And Welcome!
Calcas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th August 2007, 08:45 AM   #68
maxpower1227
Master Poster

Same username. I posted primarily in the skeptics section. Admittedly, I threw in a few ad-homs, but it was nothing compared to the language I'd seen from resident "truth"ers. I was in the middle of a mostly civil debate with one of the admins when I was mysteriously banned. I emailed L Ron and he told me that the admin I was debating had me banned for a comment I made in another thread. I think L Ron himself may have banned me for some stuff I said about him.

This is the exact email I got from L Ron:

Quote:
"You call us "brainwashed" for not buying into a bunch of slickly-edited propaganda movies with blurry stock footage, quotes taken out of context, cropped photos, logical fallacies, factual errors and outright lies, and spooky music?"

IVXX banned you for that.
maxpower1227 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th August 2007, 09:14 AM   #69
skeptifem
Illuminator

Ok, I'll get over it. I had to post this little gem someone posted.

I got two complaints for using "big" words. Jeez, learn to use a dictionary folks.

I'm sorry, I'm really smarting over this. I really didn't expect to be banned without warning and especially since I was curbing any acerbic prose. Oh, hell there's those big words again.
oh come on now, those are the sorts of insults you should be proud to get. It makes me crack a smile to read those sorts of insults directed at anyone.

eta- i read the admin response. wtf? No "playing dumb" or "acting innocent"?? i guess they want you to fight with everyone instead of being yourself. they want you to give them a reason to ban you. how lame.

Last edited by skeptifem; 26th August 2007 at 09:32 AM.
skeptifem is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th August 2007, 09:32 AM   #70
NobbyNobbs
Gazerbeam's Protege

Originally Posted by maxpower1227 View Post

No. I got banned after 2 posts. The content of those two posts? Well, the first one asked for a clarification of the rules involving banning. The second involved a clarification of the answer to the first.

I was quite polite, and not decisive in the least. I haven't bothered to go back since.
NobbyNobbs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th August 2007, 03:03 PM   #71
plumjam
Banned

When I try and log in I get the message: Sorry, we could not find a member called RandFan, are you sure it's correct?

Not once did I stoop to insults or personal attack.
Not once did I act contrary to the rules.
No warning.
My thread was moved to Under the Bridge and I was banned.

Go figure. I guess I threatened a few folks there.

Who are the cowards?
is this a conspiracy theory?
plumjam is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th August 2007, 10:15 PM   #72
Slimething
Illuminator

RandFan, why do you waste time with those people? They love ignoring evidence so how in the world would you ever prevail? You don't fit in. Your kindness is laudable but wasted there.

Frankly, those people have problems that words can't cure. I wouldn't go back on a blue bet and, if I was ever there, I would give them all the reason they ever needed to ban someone in one post.
Slimething is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th August 2007, 11:59 AM   #73
Senex
Philosopher

Ok, I'll get over it. I had to post this little gem someone posted.
Quote:
...and everytime someone gives him something, he comes back with a rebutal containing a new word he looked up in his thesaurus.
Originally Posted by Randfan
I got two complaints for using "big" words. Jeez, learn to use a dictionary folks.

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will do.
Senex is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th August 2007, 12:03 PM   #74
JoeEllison
Cuddly Like a Koala Bear

Originally Posted by Pardalis View Post
Remember, the first WTC attack was under Clinton.
What, 5 weeks into his term?
JoeEllison is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th August 2007, 06:23 AM   #75
chipmunk stew
Philosopher

Old 31st August 2007, 11:48 PM   #76
RandFan
Mormon Atheist

Originally Posted by Slimething View Post
RandFan, why do you waste time with those people?
I don't, I haven't been to loose change in a year and a half.

I guess you and I think alike.
Old 1st September 2007, 09:52 AM   #77
pipelineaudio
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Sultanist View Post
Well it appears that not only has "ThisForumEatsButt" now been banned, but his thread and poll, "Will I be banned?", have been deleted as well.

I guess the "Truth Movement", while all giddy about "truth" and all, is not too big on free speech.
Not that the JREF is any bastion of free speech lately

Note to troofers : the above is NOT the same as your program of deleting dissent out of hand, just my snipe about the thought policing going on here lately

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal