IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Coronavirus

Old Yesterday, 04:52 PM   #2681
mgidm86
Philosopher

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
Early in this pandemic, I mentioned that AIDS / HIV tended to kill all of the denialist conspiracy theorists. Obviously, it won't be the same proportion, but the Delta variant is making progress on that front.

"Let's go DEL-ta!!!"
clap clap clap-clap-clap

"Let's go DEL-ta!!!"
clap clap clap-clap-clap

"heeeeeeyyyyy DELTAAAAA!!!!!!!!!"

Old Yesterday, 05:25 PM   #2682
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
I doubt he's ever read the Constitution. And if he did, he certainly didn't understand it.
There is some merit to the argument that one has a Constitutionally protected right to travel freely. I'll give Cawthorn that. But just like all of our rights, there are limitations. Cawthorn ignores the limitations without mention

Public and private carriers as well as other passengers have rights too. They have a right to safely travel without worrying a terrorist is sitting next to them. They also have a right not to be needlessly endangered by a deadly virus. As do the flight attendants.
Old Yesterday, 07:15 PM   #2683
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
There is some merit to the argument that one has a Constitutionally protected right to travel freely. I'll give Cawthorn that. But just like all of our rights, there are limitations. Cawthorn ignores the limitations without mention

Public and private carriers as well as other passengers have rights too. They have a right to safely travel without worrying a terrorist is sitting next to them. They also have a right not to be needlessly endangered by a deadly virus. As do the flight attendants.
Don't confuse them with reason and logic. They might explode.
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 08:53 AM   #2684
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

CNN

TAPPER: Governor, if Mississippi were a country, you would have the 2nd worst per capita death toll in the world. And I'm saying, are you going to do anything to try to change that?

TATE REEVES: Deaths unfortunately are a lagging indicator
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 08:58 AM   #2685
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Republicans are following the four-stage strategy to fight COVID:

- In stage one they say nothing is going to happen.
- Stage two, they say something may be about to happen, but we should do nothing about it.
- In stage three, they say that maybe we should do something about it, but there's nothing we *can* do.
- Stage four, they say maybe there was something we could have done, but it's too late now.
Old Today, 12:34 PM   #2686
Myriad
The Clarity Is Devastating

As Death Race 2021 continues, it appears (per Worldometer's numbers for total deaths per capita) that both Alabama and Arizona have passed Massachusetts (formerly in third place for well over a year, until Mississippi and Louisiana passed it earlier this month) and Rhode Island, to move into fifth and sixth place respectively. However, Massachusetts does not report deaths on Saturdays and no states report on Sundays, so we won't know for sure what the new standings are until Monday's numbers are toted up on Tuesday.
Old Today, 12:37 PM   #2687
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Myriad View Post
As Death Race 2021 continues, it appears (per Worldometer's numbers for total deaths per capita) that both Alabama and Arizona have passed Massachusetts (formerly in third place for well over a year, until Mississippi and Louisiana passed it earlier this month) and Rhode Island, to move into fifth and sixth place respectively. However, Massachusetts does not report deaths on Saturdays and no states report on Sundays, so we won't know for sure what the new standings are until Monday's numbers are toted up on Tuesday.
They'll look at themselves as WINNERS because they're coming in first!
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 12:49 PM   #2688
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Kevin Sorbo tweets

@ksorbs
They won't let you eat in a restaurant in San Francisco if you're unvaccinated. But you can poop on the sidewalk out front. I'm not saying do it. But.. you know you could if you wanted to.
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 01:09 PM   #2689
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Kevin Sorbo tweets

@ksorbs
They won't let you eat in a restaurant in San Francisco if you're unvaccinated. But you can poop on the sidewalk out front. I'm not saying do it. But.. you know you could if you wanted to.
Classy. Just what I would expect from Sorbo.
Old Today, 01:18 PM   #2690
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Aridas View Post
Classy. Just what I would expect from Sorbo.
Stupid. Just what I'd expect from Sorbo.

Dr. Brytney Cobia
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 01:43 PM   #2691
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Come on, guys! It's totally possible that Sorbo has suffered an undisclosed brain injury. Maybe he was dropped on his head as a baby from a second story window, or kicked in the head by a horse. Or maybe he's just watched so much Trump, Tucker Carlson, Jeannine Pirro or Mike Lindell that it's caused a disassociation from reality. Let's not be so quick to assume he's just stupid. Although it's a damn good possibility.
Old Today, 01:44 PM   #2692
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

Howard Stern (?) to Joe Rogan:
Quote:
"I heard Joe Rogan was saying 'What are you busting my balls [for]? I took horse de-wormer and a doctor gave it to me.' Well, a doctor would also give you a vaccine, so why take horse-dewormer?" Link to Second Nexus
Also:
Quote:
“We have no time for idiots in this country anymore, we don’t want you,” Howard Stern said on Monday’s broadcast. “Stay home, die there with your COVID. Don’t take the cure, but don’t clog up our hospitals with your COVID when you finally get it."
Then someone named Melissa Nemeth tweeted:
Quote:
I want to tell 1990s me that Howard Stern, Fart Man, is more trustworthy than 90% of Fox News anchors. Blow. My. Teenage. Mind.
I don't know who Melissa Nemeth is but...I agree!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Trapped in a bad dream.jpg (73.5 KB, 3 views)
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 01:57 PM   #2693
Aridas

Come on, guys! It's totally possible that Sorbo has suffered an undisclosed brain injury. Maybe he was dropped on his head as a baby from a second story window, or kicked in the head by a horse. Or maybe he's just watched so much Trump, Tucker Carlson, Jeannine Pirro or Mike Lindell that it's caused a disassociation from reality. Let's not be so quick to assume he's just stupid. Although it's a damn good possibility.
The things that you suggest aren't mutually exclusive.

Kevin Sorbo's main claim to fame, as far as I'm concerned, is that he's sorta hot and acted as Hercules and Captain Hunt - and possibly was a main cause of dumbing down the latter show because he didn't understand the direction it had been taking. Being hot is not the same thing as being wise, of course. I'd take Xena's actor over him when it comes to wisdom any day, though.

Last edited by Aridas; Today at 01:58 PM.
Aridas is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 02:53 PM   #2694
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

On Jan. 6, Lucy Lawless aka Xena responded to her former co-stars tweet:

Quote:
Kevin Sorbo
@ksorbs
·
Jan 6, 2021
They don’t look like patriots to me... https://twitter.com/DC_Draino/status...26300804444161

Lucy Lawless
@RealLucyLawless
No, Peanut. They are not Patriots. They are your flying monkeys,homegrown terrorists, QAnon actors. They are the douchebags that go out and do the evil bidding of people like you who like to wind them up like toys and let them do their worst. #keepingYourFilthyHandsclean #enabler
Oh, dear. I don't think we're going to be seeing Hercules and Xena working together again any time soon...or ever.
Old Today, 03:00 PM   #2695
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

On Jan. 6, Lucy Lawless aka Xena responded to her former co-stars tweet:

Oh, dear. I don't think we're going to be seeing Hercules and Xena working together again any time soon...or ever.
Lucy Lawless has been getting work that isn’t Christian Romance movies.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 03:06 PM   #2696
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
Lucy Lawless has been getting work that isn’t Christian Romance movies.
I love Lucy () as Lucretia in Spartacus. I never watched Xena but became a fan after her fantastic work in Spartacus.
Old Today, 03:12 PM   #2697
Aridas

To poke at a bit of an opinion piece -

Yet another Republican-created crisis; yet another demand that the rest of America bail them out

[QUTOE]Northern Idaho hospitals are now so inundated with patients that crisis rationing of health care was announced last week. In Washington, the new flood of Idaho pandemic patients is resulting in postponed brain cancer surgeries and overwhelmed emergency rooms.

But a more useful headline for the piece would be the angle that the story itself only touches as gingerly as possible: Republican Idaho Gov. Brad Little's clownish pandemic incompetence is flat-out killing people, and not all of them are in Idaho. It's yet another case of a red-state Republican government completely botching—on purpose—the response to a public crisis while leaving it to the public and to nearby better-run governments to clean up the wreckage. Again. And Americans have every right to be pissed off about it.[/quote]

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics