IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 21st August 2021, 09:01 AM   #1
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

The Thread for Dumbass GOP Politicians Who Died of Covid

I think we need a thread to collect these deaths that didn't need to happen, but that did happen because the GOP hates Democrats, science, intelligence and common sense, and celebrates their FREEDUMBS!

Let's start here. Please feel free to add.

GOP Leader Who Fought Against Vaccine Dies After Weekslong Battle With Coronavirus

Quote:
Pressley Stutts, a Republican leader in South Carolina, shared conspiracy theories from his ICU bed.

Pressley Stutts, a Republican leader in South Carolina who fought COVID-19 vaccination efforts, died on Thursday of the coronavirus after a weekslong battle, including six days spent on a ventilator, The Greenville News reported.

Stutts, a 64-year-old veteran, frequently shared conspiracy theories about the virus, the vaccines and the 2020 election on Facebook, including in posts made from his ICU bed.
Quote:
In July, Stutts shared a Facebook post dismissing the delta variant, which was likely the one that ended his life.

On Aug. 1 ― the day he went into the ICU ― Stutts insisted he had “always contended that COVID was very real” and called it “a deadly bio-weapon perpetrated upon the people of the world by enemies foreign, and perhaps domestic.”

He also posted conspiracy theories about the virus online. Last year, he dismissed masks as an “illusion,” claimed in December that there had been no increase in deaths in 2020, and said, “the American public has been gaslighted by the medical industrial complex.”
Good riddance you stupid malicious ********! How many people died because they believed you and others of your ilk? How many more will die? How many children have you killed, you ******* worthless piece of ******?

Please post pictures of these scum when available. People should see how normal and mundane the face of pure stupid evil can be.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pressley Stutts.jpg (33.6 KB, 10 views)

I used to think that Republicans were just jerks. Now I'm convinced that they're all sick, evil, twisted pieces of [first of George Carlin's seven dirty words].

"Biden's a Commie, like the Rockefellers!" -- some idiot overheard
shemp is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2021, 10:07 AM   #2
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

I know this isn't quite what Shemp has in mind but I find myself still occasionally thinking about the death of Herman Cain. Cain, the perennial Republican presidential hopeful, attended trump's Tulsa rally last June, appearing maskless when the local area was in the midst of a Covid-19 spike. Even after being diagnosed with Covid-19 (it eventually killed him), Cain was STILL urging people not use face masks.
Quote:
On Wednesday [July 1] – two days after Cain was said to have tested positive – he tweeted his apparent support for South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem’s decision not to require mask-wearing or social distancing during Trump’s upcoming visit to Mount Rushmore. “Masks will not be mandatory for the event, which will be attended by President Trump,” Cain tweeted. “PEOPLE ARE FED UP!” link to story on CNBC
People were fed up but four weeks later Herman Cain was dead. What I find myself pondering every once in a while, was an interview I read with one of Cain's daughters. She loved and misses her dad but is still frustrated by his death. Her father, she said, normally DID wear a mask, the maskless attendance at the trump rally -- which she did not attend -- was pure political showing off and she thinks that's where he was infected.

She said her father returned to Atlanta in the week after the Tulsa rally and was staying in her home, where he probably infected her. By the following weekend both were feeling ill and when they decided to get tested for Covid-19 both tested positive. In another few days they were both so sick that the daughter decided to seek medical treatment. She drove with her father to an emergency room at a local hospital. When they got out of the car to go inside, her father collapsed.

Cain's much younger daughter recovered, but the saddest realization for her is, none of this had to happen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Herman Cain at Tulsa.jpg (124.9 KB, 11 views)
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2021, 10:21 AM   #3
sir drinks-a-lot
Illuminator

Originally Posted by newyorkguy View Post
Her father, she said, normally DID wear a mask, the maskless attendance at the trump rally -- which she did not attend -- was pure political showing off and she thinks that's where he was infected.
Interesting. It's sort of the opposite of what so many stupid idiot DUMBocrat morons do by violating masking/distancing guidelines when they're off camera, but making a big show of wearing masks when they're on camera.

ETA: Changed "Democrats" to "stupid idiot DUMBocrat morons" to better fit the tone of the thread.

Last edited by sir drinks-a-lot; 21st August 2021 at 10:27 AM.
sir drinks-a-lot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2021, 10:53 AM   #4
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

Virus don't care about your politics, it just wants your sweet succulent lungs to use for its orgies.
Old 21st August 2021, 11:28 AM   #5
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
Virus don't care about your politics, it just wants your sweet succulent lungs to use for its orgies.
True, but one political party is actively seeking to help provide lungs for those orgies.
1. He'd never do that. 2. Okay but he's not currently doing it. 3. Okay but he's not currently technically doing it. 4. Okay but everyone does it. 5. He's doing it, we can't stop him, no point in complaining about it. 6. We all knew he was going to do it which... makes it okay somehow. 7. It's perfectly fine that's he's doing it.
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2021, 12:46 PM   #6
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by sir drinks-a-lot View Post
Interesting. It's sort of the opposite of what so many stupid idiot DUMBocrat morons do by violating masking/distancing guidelines when they're off camera, but making a big show of wearing masks when they're on camera.

ETA: Changed "Democrats" to "stupid idiot DUMBocrat morons" to better fit the tone of the thread.
Do any of those " DUMBocrat morons" actively promote anti-mask and/or anti-vaccine misinformation/lies or pass laws suppressing steps schools etc take to prevent the spread of Covid?

Come back to me when you can provide a name. Until then....
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2021, 01:14 PM   #7
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Do any of those " DUMBocrat morons" actively promote anti-mask and/or anti-vaccine misinformation/lies or pass laws suppressing steps schools etc take to prevent the spread of Covid?

Also, he should list how many of them have died from COVID. I mean, if they're routinely "violating masking/distancing guidelines when they're off camera", then there should be a lot of them, right?
Old 21st August 2021, 01:30 PM   #8
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

If a "dumbocrat" says that people should vaccinate and wear masks, but does not do it themselves, does that mean they're spreading misinformation?
1. He'd never do that. 2. Okay but he's not currently doing it. 3. Okay but he's not currently technically doing it. 4. Okay but everyone does it. 5. He's doing it, we can't stop him, no point in complaining about it. 6. We all knew he was going to do it which... makes it okay somehow. 7. It's perfectly fine that's he's doing it.
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2021, 02:43 PM   #9
Apathia
Philosopher

Originally Posted by thaiboxerken View Post
True, but one political party is actively seeking to help provide lungs for those orgies.
Covid gotta go somewhere after losing FansOnly.

"Humans aren't rational creatures but rationalizing creatures."
Author Unknown
Apathia is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2021, 03:15 PM   #10
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Someone is low on liberal tears.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2021, 03:47 PM   #11
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
Someone is low on liberal tears.
That's from crying over all the innocent people idiot anti-vaxxers and/or anti-maskers are infecting and/or killing. But empathy/sympathy are not strong points right now on the GOP side, are they?
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2021, 04:13 PM   #12
mgidm86
Philosopher

Great we needed a "feel good" kinda thread.

Picked at random:

Texas politician dies of COVID 5 days after posting anti-vaccine meme

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...i2u-story.html

Quote:
Dickinson City Council member and State Republican Executive Committee member H. Scott Apley, 45, died due to complications from COVID-19 Wednesday morning.

Known for his extreme conservative beliefs and Christian faith, Apley rallied against most COVID-19 safety policies. In May, Apley posted an invitation to attend a “mask burning” at a Cincinnati bar, adding “I wish I lived in the area!”
I also thought of Herman Cain first.
Old 21st August 2021, 04:57 PM   #13
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Trump himself almost made the list. If he hadn't been POTUS, the chances would have been low for him to have received Remdesivir, dexamethasone, and an experimental cocktail of monoclonal antibodies plus personalized care from several physicians. He was elderly and obese...not a good combination for surviving.
Old 21st August 2021, 05:46 PM   #14
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!

Not exactly what you asked for, but I seem to recall some democrats from Texas all going someplace maskless on a private plane for some silly reason or another, and passing covid around like a party favor.

https://apnews.com/article/health-go...a3ce2ca26b6644

Of course none of them died, or were stupid republicans, so this is pretty much a derail anyway. Just ignore it.

Herman Cain was the very first name that popped in my head when I read the thread title too.
Old 21st August 2021, 08:10 PM   #15
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
Not exactly what you asked for, but I seem to recall some democrats from Texas all going someplace maskless on a private plane for some silly reason or another, and passing covid around like a party favor.

Quote:
More than 50 Texas lawmakers traveled to Washington on Monday aboard a private charter flight. A caucus official has said all had been vaccinated.

So, not quite so stupid as the GOP, then.
Old 21st August 2021, 08:11 PM   #16
shemp

Another one bites the dust.

Conservative Radio Host Who Mocked Vaccines Dies of COVID-19

Quote:
A conservative radio host in Nashville who derided vaccines and spread misinformation about the coronavirus has died of COVID-19. Phil Valentine was 61.

Though Valentine downplayed the efficacy of vaccines and even went so far as to record a parody song mocking them, he reversed his opinion while in the hospital, advising his family members to get the jab.
Quote:
Before he fell ill with the virus, Valentine had spoken out against mask mandates and written a parody of The Beatles’ song “Taxman” called “Vaxman” mocking the preventative. He sang it on the air.

“Let me tell you how it will be, and I don’t care if you agree, ‘Cause I’m the Vaxman, yeah I’m the Vaxman,” he sang. “If you don’t like me coming round, be thankful I don’t hold you down.”
Another ******* gets what he deserved.

I used to think that Republicans were just jerks. Now I'm convinced that they're all sick, evil, twisted pieces of [first of George Carlin's seven dirty words].

shemp is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2021, 08:20 PM   #17
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
Also, he should list how many of them have died from COVID. I mean, if they're routinely "violating masking/distancing guidelines when they're off camera", then there should be a lot of them, right?
That would be evidence.... and you know that Trumpistas don't do evidence
► Evolution is "survival of the fittest" - the fittest being those who are stronger, healthier and better adapted. Covid-19 has changed that. The fittest are now the well informed, logical, science believers who listen to the experts and get vaccinated.
If you don't like my posts, opinions, or directness then put me on your ignore list. This will benefit both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste time talking to you... simples!
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2021, 08:23 PM   #18
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
Another one bites the dust.

Conservative Radio Host Who Mocked Vaccines Dies of COVID-19
Another ******* gets what he deserved.
And another one... this one living in "Covid Central"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...-dies-covid19/
► Evolution is "survival of the fittest" - the fittest being those who are stronger, healthier and better adapted. Covid-19 has changed that. The fittest are now the well informed, logical, science believers who listen to the experts and get vaccinated.
If you don't like my posts, opinions, or directness then put me on your ignore list. This will benefit both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste time talking to you... simples!
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2021, 08:30 PM   #19
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

H. Scott Apley was a Texas politician who died of Covid-19. Eight days before dying he had posted the anti-vaccine meme shown below on the left. As reported in the New York Daily News article linked above:
Quote:
“My heart is beyond broken for his family,” wrote Dickinson Mayor Sean Skipworth in a Facebook post. “Scott was a new father and that makes this loss especially tragic.”
It's hard to believe if Apley was a new dad that he would remain steadfast in refusing to get vaccinated. Apley, who was obese, is shown (below right) posing for a photo with his infant son. He was a first-time father at age 45. Ironically, the photo shows Apley is maskless while the others in the photo are wearing face masks. I understand some posters do not like the use of the word "dumbass," but is this your idea of an intelligent person?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg H Scott Apley.jpg (83.1 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg H Scott Apley and child.jpg (98.1 KB, 12 views)
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st August 2021, 09:12 PM   #20
Regnad Kcin
Penultimate Amazing

Herman Cain was the very first name that popped in my head when I read the thread title too.
When I read the thread title the very first name that popped into my head was Shemp, as in: I bet I know who created this thread.
Old 21st August 2021, 09:17 PM   #21
Regnad Kcin
Penultimate Amazing

Hmm, while no doubt his show “discussed” (read: drooled) politics, does he belong in this GOP Politicians R Dead thread?
Old 21st August 2021, 09:23 PM   #22
Regnad Kcin
Penultimate Amazing

Missed Me By That Much!

Maine Lawmaker Whose Wife Just Died of COVID Joins Anti-Vax Rally
Old 21st August 2021, 11:45 PM   #23
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

https://apnews.com/article/health-go...a3ce2ca26b6644

Of course none of them died, or were stupid republicans, so this is pretty much a derail anyway. Just ignore it.

I don't think 6 out of 50 legislators and their accompanying 15-20 staff is exactly 'passing it around like a party favor'.

They should have worn masks even thought the CDC says people on private planes don't have to wear masks. But as, the 'DUMBocrat morons' were smart enough to get vaccinated, are showing no or very mild symptoms, and none of them has pushed anti-mask nonsense, you're right: it's not what I asked for.
Old 21st August 2021, 11:47 PM   #24
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Regnad Kcin View Post
You have go be pretty damn dumb to promote Covid anti-vax crap after just losing your wife to it. I bet his wife, as she lay dying, wished she'd gotten vaccinated.
Old 22nd August 2021, 06:45 AM   #25
Apathia
Philosopher

You have go be pretty damn dumb to promote Covid anti-vax crap after just losing your wife to it. I bet his wife, as she lay dying, wished she'd gotten vaccinated.
Or a man of political ambition.

"Humans aren't rational creatures but rationalizing creatures."
Author Unknown
Apathia is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd August 2021, 06:54 AM   #26
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

I wouldn't bet on it. There are accounts from medical staff of covid patients using their last conscious breath to declare it was a hoax and they weren't sick, or it was just the flu, etc etc. Never underestimate the potential stupidity of humans.
Old 22nd August 2021, 08:12 AM   #27
slyjoe
Master Poster

To save time, here is a list of politicians and officials (without party affiliation) with or died from COVID.

https://ballotpedia.org/Government_o...mic,_2020-2021
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd August 2021, 08:46 AM   #28
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

You have go be pretty damn dumb to promote Covid anti-vax crap after just losing your wife to it.
Maybe he didn't like his wife.

Cheaper than a divorce.

Sent from my LM-X320 using Tapatalk

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd August 2021, 10:29 AM   #29
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

The anti vax, anti mask, anti American dead politicians are funny. The real good news though is their supporters. With tight races in Florida, Georgia, Wisconsin and Arizona, Covid could be great for Democrats in 2022.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd August 2021, 10:34 AM   #30
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
The anti vax, anti mask, anti American dead politicians are funny. The real good news though is their supporters. With tight races in Florida, Georgia, Wisconsin and Arizona, Covid could be great for Democrats in 2022.
I think the African American rate is going to do more damage than the republican rate
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd August 2021, 10:36 AM   #31
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
I wouldn't bet on it. There are accounts from medical staff of covid patients using their last conscious breath to declare it was a hoax and they weren't sick, or it was just the flu, etc etc. Never underestimate the potential stupidity of humans.
Yeah....thanks for reminding me.
Old 22nd August 2021, 11:00 AM   #32
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
I think the African American rate is going to do more damage than the republican rate
Maybe, maybe not.

It is true that in many places, vaccination of minorities has lagged behind that of white people. But, there has been a shift... Now, the rate of new vaccinations shows minorities getting vaccinated at a faster rate than white people. At some point there is a chance they will "catch up".

Why the change? Maybe part of the reason for the slower initial uptake of vaccines in the african american community was partly due to availability rather than hesitancy (something that can easily be corrected) or maybe those minority groups are actually able to learn (something many hardcore republicans seem to be unable to do)

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covi...ace-ethnicity/

Sent from my LM-X320 using Tapatalk

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd August 2021, 11:25 AM   #33
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

Linda Zuern, a Tea Party Republican from Massachusetts' Cape Cod was actively anti-vaccine. She passed away in July after a long struggle with Covid-19. She was the real deal:
Quote:
She had previously voiced her opposition to wearing masks, vaccines, her disbelief in climate change, and insistance that President Joe Biden stole the election from Trump. "What a sad day for our country, when someone takes office by cheating!" she wrote in a Facebook post on Inauguration Day. "Biden is nobody's President, since his election was fraudulent." Link to article in US Sun
Zuern is another one who, had she been vaccinated, would still be alive today. Only she wasn't and she's not.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Linda Zuern.jpg (81.9 KB, 12 views)
Old 22nd August 2021, 11:27 AM   #34
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by newyorkguy View Post
Linda Zuern, a Tea Party Republican from Massachusetts' Cape Cod was actively anti-vaccine. She passed away in July after a long struggle with Covid-19. She was the real deal:

Zuern is another one who, had she been vaccinated, would still be alive today. Only she wasn't and she's not.
You can't fix stupid.
Old 22nd August 2021, 11:37 AM   #35
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming

I dunno, her dying rather indicates there's one way to fix it.

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint, when I ask why the poor have no food they call me a communist - Hélder Câmara
MarkCorrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd August 2021, 11:42 AM   #36
CORed
Penultimate Amazing

I think we need a thread to collect these deaths that didn't need to happen, but that did happen because the GOP hates Democrats, science, intelligence and common sense, and celebrates their FREEDUMBS!

Let's start here. Please feel free to add.

GOP Leader Who Fought Against Vaccine Dies After Weekslong Battle With Coronavirus

Good riddance you stupid malicious ********! How many people died because they believed you and others of your ilk? How many more will die? How many children have you killed, you ******* worthless piece of ******?

Please post pictures of these scum when available. People should see how normal and mundane the face of pure stupid evil can be.

"Dumbass GOP politicians" is redundant. It's not as if there is any other kind of GOP politician.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd August 2021, 01:31 PM   #37
shemp

Originally Posted by CORed View Post
"Dumbass GOP politicians" is redundant. It's not as if there is any other kind of GOP politician.
Arnie S. was and is not a dumbass. See my sig. There's a few, but far too few.

Old 22nd August 2021, 01:32 PM   #38
shemp

You can't fix stupid.
Hers' got fixed quite nicely.

Old 22nd August 2021, 03:34 PM   #39
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

You can't fix stupid.
Sure you can. You just let their kind die. All fixed.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd August 2021, 03:50 PM   #40
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Nah, guys....her stupid didn't get fixed; it just got terminated. Now, her husband's stupid is still running butt naked wild.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics