IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2020 elections , donald trump , election conspiracies , Trump controversies , Trump supporters

Old 16th September 2021, 12:17 AM   #2641
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Bob001 View Post
I was responding specifically to this comment:

The implication was that we expect First Ladies to be like Jackie, and are disappointed and critical when First Ladies are not like her. I don't think anybody has such an expectation. Melania earned contempt for her ignorance and behavior, not because she wasn't Jackie.
I don't know of anyone who thinks FLOTUSes should be like Jackie. This thread is the first I've heard of such a thing. Jackie O isn't even a common FLOTUS model or type.

And regardless of the post you were replying to, the only thing Melanie wanted as far as I could see was to be "the most photographed woman".
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2021, 11:25 AM   #2642
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Documents that have not been revealed to the public but were seen by CNN reporter Jessica Schneider show that many USCP officers were concerned about some fellow officers' conduct during the Jan. 6 riot. One Lieutenant alleged that a high ranking officer, "who was a vocal Trump supporter, ordered his squad not to wear riot gear" and that, during the riot, "he seemed to hang back, leaning against a wall of the Capitol, while that angry mob charged the Capitol". The complainant also said that "I have serious concerns that one of the officers assigned to the Capitol Division may have assisted the insurrection attempt through passive inaction". Schneider reported that's "it's unclear what investigators concluded in that case or if the supervisory officer was disciplined." She also reported that same officer admitted to a friend that he revealed the location of the secret room lawmakers were taken to and that friend was so concerned that he called the FBI tip line.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2021, 03:49 PM   #2643
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Hey, Mel is getting a bit long in the tooth for Donnie. He's probably on the hunt for a younger, foreign born piece of ego boosting arm candy now. I think a Russian born 28 year old would fit perfectly. Russian women are hardy and she'll be able to keep her dinner down when Donnie gets the Forbes magazine out and requests a spanking.
I see you have no concerns about the rest of us keeping our dinner down.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2021, 04:27 PM   #2644
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Jim_MDP View Post
I see you have no concerns about the rest of us keeping our dinner down.

I can be sadistic at times.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2021, 02:05 AM   #2645
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

The Arizona 'audit' has come to a conclusion: Biden won. Biden gained 99 more votes while Trump lost 261 votes.

What's that noise I hear? It sounds like the wailing and gnashing of teeth coming from Trumpers. Trump is going to have another melt down.

Last edited by Stacyhs; 24th September 2021 at 02:07 AM.
Old 24th September 2021, 02:08 AM   #2646
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

I think the Trump/Q/FOP base is slowly getting the message that Trump is probably not coming back.
Old 24th September 2021, 02:14 AM   #2647
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
I think the Trump/Q/FOP base is slowly getting the message that Trump is probably not coming back.
Nah. The Deep State got to it.
Old 24th September 2021, 02:34 AM   #2648
Armitage72
Philosopher

This is from a Something Positive back in January, but it's still relevant.

Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2021, 05:57 AM   #2649
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Talking

"The VOTES WERE CHANGED by Jewish space Laser Printers from orbit."
He if your going to make up a Conspiracy to hide the Fact Trump lost because he was a stupid Racist then you should make up a Lie MTG would believe.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2021, 06:22 AM   #2650
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

The Arizona 'audit' has come to a conclusion: Biden won. Biden gained 99 more votes while Trump lost 261 votes.

What's that noise I hear? It sounds like the wailing and gnashing of teeth coming from Trumpers. Trump is going to have another melt down.
I think there's gonna be "yeah buts" attached to the report. These frauditors are partisan hacks and will likely claim that though they found even more votes for Biden, a significant number of Biden votes are illegitimate in some way.

Dr. Brytney Cobia

Last edited by Resume; 24th September 2021 at 06:31 AM.
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2021, 07:56 AM   #2651
Paul2
Philosopher

Except, given that propaganda and brainwashing (assuming that's a thing, which it may not be) have reduced a sizable portion of Americans impervious to facts, any fraudit does very nicely to sow doubt about any election, including some important ones in 2024, running for which is not beyond Trump's narcissism.

Aristotle, so far as I know, was the first man to proclaim explicitly that man is a rational animal. His reason for this view was one which does not now seem very impressive: it was, that some people can do sums. - Bertrand Russell
Paul2 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2021, 08:03 AM   #2652
carlitos
"más divertido"

What's that noise I hear?
The sound of Trump's foot in Trump's mouth?

Originally Posted by Trump just LAST NIGHT
. Interesting that the Unselect Committee of political hacks “dropped” their subpoena request the night before Arizona is expected to announce its findings from the Forensic Audit on voter fraud in the 2020 Presidential Election Scam. This is what they do, this is what they are good at—but everybody will be watching Arizona tomorrow to see what the highly respected auditors and Arizona State Senate found out regarding the so-called Election!
Also - the insults don't even rise to schoolyard level. It's so hard for me to read. So-called Election with a capital E. Unselect Committee. "dropped" in quotes because why?
carlitos is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2021, 08:28 AM   #2653
rdwight
Muse

Feel like the word 'potential' will be used quite a bit to give the CT's some meat to chew on.
rdwight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2021, 08:42 AM   #2654
slyjoe
Master Poster

Originally Posted by rdwight View Post
Feel like the word 'potential' will be used quite a bit to give the CT's some meat to chew on.
Yep. The results are "inconclusive".
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2021, 09:01 AM   #2655
zorro99
Graduate Poster

Maricopa County Board Chairman Jack Sellers said the overall results in the draft report confirm “the tabulation equipment counted the ballots as they were designed to do, and the results reflect the will of the voters.”

“That should be the end of the story,” he said. “Everything else is just noise.”

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...20/5835521001/
Old 24th September 2021, 10:07 AM   #2656
Beelzebuddy
Philosopher

An outcome which genuinely surprises me given the baldly partisan nature of the people conducting the audit.
Beelzebuddy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2021, 10:47 AM   #2657
slyjoe
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Beelzebuddy View Post
An outcome which genuinely surprises me given the baldly partisan nature of the people conducting the audit.
I don't think they could baldly lie about the vote counts. Their real plan is to provide justification for onerous voter suppression laws that favor republicans.

The people who analyze elections professionally said the reason they didn't break numbers down by precinct (or anything else) was because it would be obvious they didn't know what they were doing and couldn't justify their conclusions.
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2021, 11:48 AM   #2658
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
Originally Posted by slyjoe View Post
The people who analyze elections professionally said the reason they didn't break numbers down by precinct (or anything else) was because it would be obvious they didn't know what they were doing and couldn't justify their conclusions.
That ship has sailed, returned, sailed, returned, had a full refit, sailed, and sunk with all hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 24th September 2021, 12:00 PM   #2659
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

So far not a peep out off Cheeto Benito that I can find.
Old 24th September 2021, 12:30 PM   #2660
Warp12
Master Poster

An interesting read, to say the very least.

Tucker Carlson: Media will never admit there was no insurrection

Quote:
So if you look at the guy in the Viking horns, the Chewbacca guy, you may reach the obvious conclusion maybe Psilocybin mushrooms aren’t good for you. And that’s fair. But no honest person could look at that video and decide America is under attack from terrorists. So then you have to ask, is that what the rest of the so-called insurrection looked like? Now we answer that question. A federal judge just rejected the Biden administration's strenuous attempt to hide some of the surveillance footage from January 6.
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tuck...a-insurrection
Old 24th September 2021, 12:45 PM   #2661
stanfr
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
I think there's gonna be "yeah buts" attached to the report. These frauditors are partisan hacks and will likely claim that though they found even more votes for Biden, a significant number of Biden votes are illegitimate in some way.
That's exactly what they are doing. Hundreds of pages up front about how every vote for Biden was suspect and how everything was suspicious and hints at massive fraud, and then a tiny footnote hidden in back of the report that says "oh by the way Biden won and won by more than the official tally indicates" which of course is just more evidence of fraud
stanfr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2021, 12:47 PM   #2662
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post

question:

do you consider Carlson a legitimate source of information?
Old 24th September 2021, 12:52 PM   #2663
Warp12
Master Poster

question:

He's as biased as they come. Like with any highly biased reporting, you have to do your own research on any facts presented, unfortunately.
Old 24th September 2021, 12:53 PM   #2664
dirtywick
Illuminator

I don’t think I could ever say too little about Tucker Carlson.
dirtywick is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2021, 12:54 PM   #2665
dirtywick
Illuminator

He's as biased as they come. Like with any highly biased reporting, you have to do your own research on any facts presented, unfortunately.
I think one mistake you’re making is considering things Tucker Carlson says are reporting.
dirtywick is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2021, 01:03 PM   #2666
stanfr
Graduate Poster

question:

I think it's ironic that Tucker cherry picks a few inaccuracies reported by MSM when literally every word out of his mouth is a calculated outright lie.
stanfr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2021, 01:06 PM   #2667
carlitos
"más divertido"

Media will never admit that global warming is fake.
Media will never admit that nicotine is not addictive.
Media will never admit that Sun revolves around the Earth.
carlitos is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2021, 01:12 PM   #2668
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

So why would you link to him?
Makes no sense if you want to be taken seriously m
Old 24th September 2021, 01:15 PM   #2669
Warp12
Master Poster

So why would you link to him?
Makes no sense if you want to be taken seriously m
Because it's an interesting read, imo. Whether you believe what he is saying, or not. Even if you are just interested in the psychology of it.
Old 24th September 2021, 01:17 PM   #2670
carlitos
"más divertido"

Yeah, weasel-words, dishonest framing and lies are so interesting. We don't seem much of that in our daily lives.
Old 24th September 2021, 01:18 PM   #2671
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Because it's an interesting read, imo. Whether you believe what he is saying, or not. Even if you are just interested in the psychology of it.
Problem is only: Jan 6 WAS an insurrection, and there is plenty of proof and already plenty of guilty pleas.
Graham and McConnell said as much.
Trump's lawyer laid out the plan.
Guiliani called up Republicans to get it done.
Carlson knows this; he is just trying to gaslight people willing to listen to him;
People like you.

Last edited by The Great Zaganza; 24th September 2021 at 01:19 PM.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2021, 01:21 PM   #2672
stanfr
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
Yeah, weasel-words, dishonest framing and lies are so interesting. We don't seem much of that in our daily lives.
I think it's important to have a frequent reminder, considering his influence and potential political aspirations ignoring evil people like TC would be very unwise.
Old 24th September 2021, 01:56 PM   #2673
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

I stopped at Tucker's use of "an honest person".
Old 24th September 2021, 02:02 PM   #2674
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by stanfr View Post
I think it's important to have a frequent reminder, considering his influence and potential political aspirations ignoring evil people like TC would be very unwise.
TC has political aspirations? As what? Secretary of Misinformation? Vice Clown? Senator for the Great State of Denial?
Old 24th September 2021, 02:40 PM   #2675
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Even Fox News had to admit he’s a clown shoe in court. Why would anyone listen to a word he says?

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2021, 02:56 PM   #2676
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

And we will soon start to see the wars of the Diadochi begin in the GOP....A struggle to see who will be the heir.
Yeah, i like making historical references just to keep people on theri toes...
s

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2021, 02:57 PM   #2677
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
Even Fox News had to admit he’s a clown shoe in court. Why would anyone listen to a word he says?
Because the tells them what they want too hear....

Throughout his career, Trump had been notorious for bringing lawsuits of little of no merit before cours, just for publicty, and nuisance value.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2021, 04:12 PM   #2678
Silly Green Monkey
Cowardly Lurking in the Shadows of Greatness

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
I don't know of anyone who thinks FLOTUSes should be like Jackie. This thread is the first I've heard of such a thing. Jackie O isn't even a common FLOTUS model or type.

And regardless of the post you were replying to, the only thing Melanie wanted as far as I could see was to be "the most photographed woman".
I kept getting memes comparing Michelle Obama to Jackie O during the Obama years, so I think she is held as a type. 'Class' and 'elegance' trying to say that Michelle, still nicely dressed and comported as a upper-class woman of today, compares unfavorably to Kennedy (who was nicely dressed and comported as a upper-class woman of 1960). The racism is more than the cherry on top, it's the entire reason the strawberry sundae isn't considered ice cream while the butter pecan sundae is.
Old 24th September 2021, 04:28 PM   #2679
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

I had planned to not read any more Trump presidency books. However, I am listening to Woodward and Costa's book "Peril". One of the things I'm really enjoying is how much pain losing caused Trump. You get really a sense of how much he was and still is suffering. When you know he has heart disease and you see the damage all his hate and rage is doing him, it just makes me happy.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2021, 04:28 PM   #2680
Warp12
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Silly Green Monkey View Post
I kept getting memes comparing Michelle Obama to Jackie O during the Obama years, so I think she is held as a type. 'Class' and 'elegance' trying to say that Michelle, still nicely dressed and comported as a upper-class woman of today, compares unfavorably to Kennedy (who was nicely dressed and comported as a upper-class woman of 1960). The racism is more than the cherry on top, it's the entire reason the strawberry sundae isn't considered ice cream while the butter pecan sundae is.
Ok. And also, Michelle is a man-like cow...regardless of her race. Drop the racism bit, already.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics