IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Florida politics , Ron DeSantis

Old 6th August 2021, 04:02 PM   #1
Caroline13
Graduate Poster

Ron DeSantis (R) - Country Hungry for New Blood

like we had with Obama...gotta get rid of the Old Blood.

Ronald Dion DeSantis (born September 14, 1978) is an American politician and attorney serving as the 46th governor of Florida since 2019. A member of the Republican Party, he represented Florida's 6th congressional district in the United States House of Representatives from 2013 to 2018.

After graduating from Yale University and Harvard Law School, DeSantis served as an officer and attorney in the United States Navy's Judge Advocate General's Corps. He was elected to the House of Representatives in 2012. DeSantis was a candidate in Florida's 2016 U.S. Senate election, but he withdrew when incumbent senator Marco Rubio announced that he would seek reelection. He then opted to run for reelection to his U.S. House seat. During his tenure in Congress, he became a staunch ally of President Donald Trump. DeSantis made frequent criticisms of Special Counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into alleged Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.

On August 28, 2018, DeSantis won the Republican primary for the gubernatorial election. He was officially certified as the winner of the general election on November 20, 2018, after a machine recount, defeating the Democratic nominee, Tallahassee mayor Andrew Gillum. At 42, he is the youngest governor in the United States.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_DeSantis

Keep it Simple
Caroline13 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th August 2021, 04:06 PM   #2
Myriad
The Clarity Is Devastating

He's a vampire? That would explain a lot.
Old 6th August 2021, 04:07 PM   #3
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

And he's dumb as a ******* post.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th August 2021, 04:10 PM   #4
slyjoe
Master Poster

Caroline13, could you tell us why DeSantis issued a no mask mandate order?
Thanks.
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th August 2021, 04:12 PM   #5
Caroline13
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Myriad View Post
He's a vampire? That would explain a lot.
and look who is talking

Keep it Simple
Caroline13 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th August 2021, 04:14 PM   #6
slyjoe
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Caroline13 View Post
and look who is talking
It was Myriad. Did I get it right? Now, about that no mask order.
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th August 2021, 04:14 PM   #7
Caroline13
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by slyjoe View Post
Caroline13, could you tell us why DeSantis issued a no mask mandate order?
Thanks.
He is smart and there is NO SCIENCE on these frigging masks...and I'll go call him now and ask him to reply here. OK?????

In an operating room, yes a mask.

Keep it Simple
Old 6th August 2021, 04:18 PM   #8
slyjoe
Master Poster

He is smart and there is NO SCIENCE on these frigging masks...and I'll go call him now and ask him to reply here. OK?????
He is smart? How do you know? And no science on masks? Either ignorance or a lie. Add all the question marks you want. No, it's not OK.

Quote:
You do know an operating room is more clean than the public square or restaurant, right? Did you ever wonder why all the doctors wear masks, but not the patient (when not intubated)?
Old 6th August 2021, 04:23 PM   #9
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

I wonder if people who make comments like this have studied.

Medicine?

Epidemiology?

Virology?

Any science at all?

DeathSantis is facing a huge COVID outbreak in Florida.

Does he care? Clearly not.

Last edited by acbytesla; 6th August 2021 at 04:38 PM.
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th August 2021, 04:26 PM   #10
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

burble
DeSantis is a grifter ala Trump, and like ex-president ***** -his-pants, DeSantis' irresponsible COVID response is killing people. That you're supporting him tells us he is stubbornly ignorant like his supporters.

Dr. Brytney Cobia

Last edited by Resume; 6th August 2021 at 05:00 PM.
Resume is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th August 2021, 04:29 PM   #11
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

He would never take your call; like Donnie Depends, he despises those who lick his boots.

Quote:
More evidence that you do not understand anything health related; you just pimp your MLM bull **** snake oil.

Dr. Brytney Cobia

Last edited by Resume; 6th August 2021 at 05:54 PM.
Resume is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th August 2021, 05:02 PM   #12
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

I have had it with the anti science morons.

Don't wear a mask.

Don't vaccinate.

Evolution is false.

I always knew many of my classmates weren't very bright, but I never thought so many were outright stupid.
Old 6th August 2021, 05:04 PM   #13
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

This is utter nonsense. Grow up.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th August 2021, 05:13 PM   #14
Caroline13
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by slyjoe View Post
He is smart? How do you know? And no science on masks? Either ignorance or a lie. Add all the question marks you want. No, it's not OK.

You do know an operating room is more clean than the public square or restaurant, right? Did you ever wonder why all the doctors wear masks, but not the patient (when not intubated)?
Operating rooms can have blood squirting all over the place and germs and sweat etc from the docs/nurses can drop into open bodies.

Have you ever thought about this?

Keep it Simple
Old 6th August 2021, 05:15 PM   #15
Caroline13
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
I have had it with the anti science morons.

Don't wear a mask.

Don't vaccinate.

Evolution is false.

I always knew many of my classmates weren't very bright, but I never thought so many were outright stupid.
It's all coming to an end, you ALL NEED to hang out in other groups. Too brainwashed with all you listen to. Here and TV and probably other liberal forums.

Keep it Simple
Old 6th August 2021, 05:21 PM   #16
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

When I look at that DeSatis boy, I think about sex acts I wish his parents had engaged in that would not have resulted in his conception.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th August 2021, 05:22 PM   #17
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

You clearly haven't.

Since I have you here Caroline, what do you think about (R) Govs like Kat Ivey who correctly noted that the unvaccinated are to blame for the latest COVID surge and Asa Hutchinson who had the balls to say he was wrong for supporting anti-mask legislation? What do you have to say about these repubs who recognize that a pandemic is no time to engage in pretend, nor time to espouse psuedo-science, anti-vax ignorance, anti-mask stubborness and just plain belligerence in the face of objective reality?

Dr. Brytney Cobia
Old 6th August 2021, 05:24 PM   #18
slyjoe
Master Poster

Operating rooms can have blood squirting all over the place and germs and sweat etc from the docs/nurses can drop into open bodies.

Of course I have thought about it - but evidently you have not. Just talking can cause issues, even if a doctor doesn't have an infection.

See, the whole concept is to protect others. You don't seem to want to do that.
Old 6th August 2021, 05:24 PM   #19
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

It's all coming to an end . . .
Any day now.

Trust the plan.

Time will tell.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah a!!

Sure Bubba, sure.

Dr. Brytney Cobia
Old 6th August 2021, 05:28 PM   #20
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Too brainwashed with all you listen to.
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!

Says the person most manipulated by the media s(he) consumes.

Dr. Brytney Cobia
Old 6th August 2021, 05:29 PM   #21
Warp12
Master Poster

Well, like him or not, right now he seems to have a decent shot at ending up on the 2024 ticket.
Old 6th August 2021, 05:30 PM   #22
Caroline13
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
When I look at that DeSatis boy, I think about sex acts I wish his parents had engaged in that would not have resulted in his conception.
You are really CRUDE. Makes me wonder what your parents went thru ...

Keep it Simple

Last edited by Caroline13; 6th August 2021 at 05:31 PM.
Old 6th August 2021, 05:33 PM   #23
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

You are really CRUDE. Makes me wonder what your parents went thru ...
But correct.

Hey Caroline, De Santis' pandemic response is going so well Florida has only 22,000+ new COVID cases and 200 new deaths today!!

Well done Ronny D!

Dr. Brytney Cobia

Last edited by Resume; 6th August 2021 at 05:39 PM.
Old 6th August 2021, 05:37 PM   #24
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Useful idiotWP

Meanwhile, back in reality:

https://www.pnas.org/content/118/4/e2014564118

Quote:
Conclusion

Our review of the literature offers evidence in favor of widespread mask use as source control to reduce community transmission: Nonmedical masks use materials that obstruct particles of the necessary size; people are most infectious in the initial period postinfection, where it is common to have few or no symptoms (45, 46, 141); nonmedical masks have been effective in reducing transmission of respiratory viruses; and places and time periods where mask usage is required or widespread have shown substantially lower community transmission.
Old 6th August 2021, 05:38 PM   #25
Caroline13
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
But correct.

Hey Caroline, De Santis pandemic response is going so well Florida has only 22,000+ new COVID cases and 200 new deaths today!!

Well done Ronny D!
And the millions of OLD folks in FL all had jabs and probably all this is shedding and superspreaders. The old folks in FL are in god's waiting room, long before covid. And how many of the old folks are popping immune system Supports? Probably ZERO. Sitting around jabbed and muzzled. Yep this is the Truth.

The jabs are working, taking down all the old folks and compromised. The Libs plan.

Keep it Simple

Last edited by Caroline13; 6th August 2021 at 05:49 PM.
Old 6th August 2021, 05:44 PM   #26
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Guys....you can't fix stupid. Don't even try.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th August 2021, 05:47 PM   #27
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

And the millions of OLD folks in FL all had jabs and probably all this is shedding and superspreaders.
No such thing.

Quote:
The old folks in FL are in god's waiting room, long before covid. And how many of the old folks are popping immune system Supports?
Ain't just old folks croaking; your media has gulled you well.
Quote:
Probably ZERO.
The exact amount of medical/health issues you understand, and facts you present.

Quote:
Sitting around jabbed and muzzled.
And protected from COVID. Unlike the idiot unvaccinated.

Quote:
Yep this is the Truth.
A concept that eludes you.

Quote:
The jabs are working
Yes they are, protecting those intelligent enough to get them, thinning the herd of those too pig-ignorant/stupid to not.

Quote:
taking down all the old folks and compromised.
Unfortunate for those unvaccinated folks.

Quote:
The Libs plan.
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! Deeply deluded.

Dr. Brytney Cobia

Last edited by Resume; 6th August 2021 at 05:59 PM.
Old 6th August 2021, 05:47 PM   #28
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

And the millions of OLD folks in FL all had jabs and probably all this is shedding and superspreaders. The old folks in FL are in god's waiting room, long before covid. And how many of the old folks are popping immune system Supports? Probably ZERO. Sitting around jabbed and muzzled. Yep this is the Truth.
Vaccine shedding is a anti-Vaxxer delusion. Grow up.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th August 2021, 05:54 PM   #29
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

It's all coming to an end, you ALL NEED to hang out in other groups. Too brainwashed with all you listen to. Here and TV and probably other liberal forums.
Don't you mean educated?

The entire modern society is built on science, not ignorance and wilfull stupidity.

2 and a half billion people from liberal countries and dictatorships have been vaccinated 99 percent of the COVID deaths occurring are among the unvaccinated. The virus doesn't care if you're a liberal or a conservative.

I'll take my chances with people who studied virology, epidemiology and medicine for a lifetime over individuals who haven't.
Old 6th August 2021, 05:56 PM   #30
Caroline13
Graduate Poster

I have 3 friends who did the jabs, ages 94, 90, 89 and they could likely be in a bad way by now, BUT, they all take Grape Seed Extract and have good strong immune systems. And those folks in FL are NOT taking much in the way antioxidants, I'd Bet....so the jab is getting them weaker, not stronger.

Keep it Simple
Old 6th August 2021, 05:59 PM   #31
Caroline13
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Don't you mean educated?

The entire modern society is built on science, not ignorance and wilfull stupidity.

2 and a half billion people from liberal countries and dictatorships have been vaccinated 99 percent of the COVID deaths occurring are among the unvaccinated. The virus doesn't care if you're a liberal or a conservative.

I'll take my chances with people who studied virology, epidemiology and medicine for a lifetime over individuals who haven't.
And MOST all I hear have degrees up the yangyang, but are NOT fear mongers like the Dems have been. And they push Vit C, Vit D etc....when did Joe and Tony mention these????/ NEVER, NEVER, NEVER... It's jab mask jab mask jab mask...

Keep it Simple

Last edited by Caroline13; 6th August 2021 at 06:00 PM.
Old 6th August 2021, 06:00 PM   #32
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

I have 3 friends who did the jabs, ages 94, 90, 89 and they could likely be in a bad way by now, BUT, they all take Grape Seed Extract and have good strong immune systems. And those folks in FL are NOT taking much in the way antioxidants, I'd Bet....so the jab is getting them weaker, not stronger.
Like I said, guys.....
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th August 2021, 06:01 PM   #33
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming

Well done, your trolling obvious nonsense has improved at least somewhat in that you are responding to at least some posts by others in ways that aren't just naked insults, but you've still got a long way to go before anyone could possibly take you seriously. C-.

Also DeSantis is an absolute moron. Just a total intellectually incapable braindead waste of oxygen. I find it amazing he can walk and chew gum at the same time. I don't even think he's crazy, I just think he's genuinely too stupid to understand why he's wrong about...well pretty much everything. Even Rand Paul has an IQ that's at least in the double digits. I think if DeSantis died the average intelligence of the human race would go up by an appreciable degree.

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint, when I ask why the poor have no food they call me a communist - Hélder Câmara
MarkCorrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th August 2021, 06:01 PM   #34
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

And MOST all I hear have degrees up the yangyang, but are NOT fear mongers like the Dems have been. And they push Vit C, Vit D etc....when did Joe and Tony mention these????/ NEVER, NEVER, NEVER... It's jab mask jab mask jab mask...
Like I said, guys.....
Old 6th August 2021, 06:02 PM   #35
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Bull ****. You have lots of stories, stupid stories, but stories none-the-less.

Dr. Brytney Cobia
Old 6th August 2021, 06:03 PM   #36
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

And MOST all I hear . . .
Yes, you hear stupid things; it's the media you consume.

Dr. Brytney Cobia
Old 6th August 2021, 06:04 PM   #37
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by MarkCorrigan View Post
Well done, your trolling obvious nonsense has improved at least somewhat in that you are responding to at least some posts by others in ways that aren't just naked insults, but you've still got a long way to go before anyone could possibly take you seriously. C-.

Also DeSantis is an absolute moron. Just a total intellectually incapable braindead waste of oxygen. I find it amazing he can walk and chew gum at the same time. I don't even think he's crazy, I just think he's genuinely too stupid to understand why he's wrong about...well pretty much everything. Even Rand Paul has an IQ that's at least in the double digits. I think if DeSantis died the average intelligence of the human race would go up by an appreciable degree.
DeSantis is a Trump Wannabe. He appeals to the same idiots. YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID.
Old 6th August 2021, 06:11 PM   #38
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Caroline13 . . .
like we had with Obama...gotta get rid of the Old Blood.
What are you talking about? Obama served two full terms, unlike your guy Donnie Depends, who was kicked to the curb by 81 million U.S. voters in 2020. The only thing he had two of were impeachments.

Dr. Brytney Cobia
Old 6th August 2021, 06:19 PM   #39
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
What are you talking about? Obama served two full terms, unlike your guy Donnie Depends, who was kicked to the curb by 81 million U.S. voters in 2020. The only thing he had two of were impeachments.
And shock of all shocks! Obama was never impeached once because the Repubs couldn't find any thing to impeach him for. Well....there were the tan suit and Dijon mustard scandals!
Old 6th August 2021, 06:23 PM   #40
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Oh nonsense. Telling the truth isn't fear mongering. But this isn't about Democrats vs Republicans. It's about public health.

574 Americans died of COVID on Wednesday for a total of 616 thousand people. Almost 600,000 in the last year. That's more Americans that died from COVID than the number of people killed in a year of any war America has ever been in. It's more fatalities than in all American wars combined except the civil war.

Now you can pretend that this isn't a serious problem. The fact is the vaccine is saving lives and not getting the vaccine endangers lives.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics