IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Biden administration , Rachel Levine , transgender incidents , transgender issues , tucker carlson

Old 22nd October 2021, 01:02 PM   #1
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Tucker Carlson must think Joe Biden is Caligula

Tucker Carlson Mocks Promotion of Transgender Admiral: ‘How Long Will It Be Before Joe Biden Appoints His Horse to the Supreme Court?’

Quote:
Tucker Carlson reacted to the nation’s first openly transgender four-star officer with unbridled derision on Thursday night and suggested that the Biden administration “has gone crazy.”

On Tuesday, Dr. Rachel Levine, the U.S. assistant secretary for health, was sworn in as an admiral in the U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps, which responds to public health crises. Levine is the agency’s first woman four-star admiral.
Quote:
“Come on,” he said. “They’re daring you to sit there and not say this is ridiculous. But it is, sorry. It is ridiculous. Sorry, not playing along! But they don’t think it is. And so you have to ask yourself, how long will it be before Joe Biden appoints his horse to the Supreme Court? And when he inevitably does do that, you have to ask, how long will it be until CNN informs us, ‘This is a watershed moment for equine rights. Don’t you dare laugh. That would be a hate crime.'”

I used to think that Republicans were just jerks. Now I'm convinced that they're all sick, evil, twisted pieces of [first of George Carlin's seven dirty words].

"Biden's a Commie, like the Rockefellers!" -- some idiot overheard
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2021, 01:03 PM   #2
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

They need a new argument that isn't "Non traditional human relationships are the exact same as sex with animals"

I hate stupid, but I especially hate how unoriginal stupid has become, like all stupid just follows the same scripts.

"Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid." - Valery Legasov
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2021, 01:25 PM   #3
dirtywick
Illuminator

To be fair, McConnell would block a human just the same as a horse
dirtywick is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2021, 01:51 PM   #4
Warp12
Master Poster

I can understand the disdain (I don't care for Levine, at all), but I wouldn't compare Trans people to horses.

But it is still pretty funny, to me.

Also, "unbridled derision", lol.
Old 22nd October 2021, 05:11 PM   #5
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy

Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
(I don't care for Levine, at all)
I don't usually follow the careers of doctors or medical professors. What is it you don't like about Dr. Levine?
Old 22nd October 2021, 05:19 PM   #6
autumn1971
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Upchurch View Post
I don't usually follow the careers of doctors or medical professors. What is it you don't like about Dr. Levine?
Do you really need an answer to that question?
'A knave; a rascal; an eater of broken meats; a base, proud, shallow, beggardly, three-suited, hundred-pound, filthy, worsted-stocking knave; a lily-livered, action-taking knave, a whoreson, glass-gazing, superservicable, finical rogue;... the son and heir of a mongral bitch: one whom I will beat into clamorous whining, if thou deniest the least syllable of thy addition."'
-The Bard
autumn1971 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2021, 05:47 PM   #7
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy

Originally Posted by autumn1971 View Post
Do I, Warp12?
Old 22nd October 2021, 06:13 PM   #8
kevbo
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by autumn1971 View Post
Maybe not, actually. It seems a perfectly valid question though, but then I tend to be old-fashioned sometimes. Something along the lines of if someone is qualified for the rank and job, that should be all that matters. But who am I to second guess rightwing media?
kevbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2021, 06:38 PM   #9
TheGoldcountry
Philosopher

A rabid badger could take over Carlson's job any day now, that's what he should be worried about.

Obviously this doctor must have had a respected career up to this point, WTF does this have to do with Biden?
Old 22nd October 2021, 08:16 PM   #10
kevbo
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by TheGoldcountry View Post
A rabid badger could take over Carlson's job any day now, that's what he should be worried about.

Obviously this doctor must have had a respected career up to this point, WTF does this have to do with Biden?
Excellent points.
kevbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2021, 09:44 PM   #11
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

I can understand the disdain (I don't care for Levine, at all), but I wouldn't compare Trans people to horses.

But it is still pretty funny, to me.

Also, "unbridled derision", lol.
I don't think it's funny at all. Equally stupid arguments were put forth over 20 years ago when the first debate on civil unions came up. It was dumb then and it's dumb now.

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2021, 10:31 PM   #12
Warp12
Master Poster

I have strong opinions on the gender transition of children. I don't feel that Levine is on the same page. I am not talking about an adult having freedom to make their own choices, which I support (whether or not it fits my personal definition of "normal" or "healthy", or what have you).
Old 22nd October 2021, 10:45 PM   #13
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped

I have strong opinions on the gender transition of children. I don't feel that Levine is on the same page. I am not talking about an adult having freedom to make their own choices, which I support (whether or not it fits my personal definition of "normal" or "healthy", or what have you).
Must be healthy to have achieved such a high career station. Not fitting your personal definition of normal hasn’t been an issue either.
Sideroxylon is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2021, 11:11 PM   #14
Lukraak_Sisser
Illuminator

I've never understood the upset about the gender thing.

What I'd look for in an admiral is the ability to move ships about in a logical way, a good grasp of logistics and naval tactics and good political savvy.

None of that depends on what is or was between your legs.
In fact, almost nothing humans do depends on that. So why worry about it?

Now one argument I hear from time to time is that a transgender does not get 'respect' from the soldiers, but in the armed forces that is irrelevant. You obey or get punished.
After all, I'm sure there are many soldiers in the US army now that do not respect Biden or respected Trump and yet that is not relevant either.
Lukraak_Sisser is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2021, 11:17 PM   #15
Warp12
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Lukraak_Sisser View Post

What I'd look for in an admiral is the ability to move ships about in a logical way, a good grasp of logistics and naval tactics and good political savvy.

Now one argument I hear from time to time is that a transgender does not get 'respect' from the soldiers, but in the armed forces that is irrelevant. You obey or get punished.
After all, I'm sure there are many soldiers in the US army now that do not respect Biden or respected Trump and yet that is not relevant either.
Levine is not an Admiral in a naval military sense, lol.

Quote:
The United States Public Health Service Commissioned Corps (PHSCC),[9] also referred to as the Commissioned Corps of the United States Public Health Service,[10] is the federal uniformed service of the U.S. Public Health Service (PHS), and is one of the eight uniformed services of the United States. The commissioned corps' primary mission is the protection, promotion, and advancement of health and safety of the general public.
Old 22nd October 2021, 11:21 PM   #16
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Just when I think Carlson can't sink any lower, he does. What an ass.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2021, 11:27 PM   #17
Lukraak_Sisser
Illuminator

Gods, Americans and their obsession with military ranks for everything.

The point still stands, but now with regards to actually understanding healthcare, logistics and politicking.
Lukraak_Sisser is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2021, 05:43 AM   #18
sphenisc
Philosopher

It might be just me, but this is all getting very Gilbert and Sullivan.
Old 23rd October 2021, 05:51 AM   #19
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Just when I think Carlson can't sink any lower, he does. What an ass.
Well he is the Man who described his love life as a Neutron Bomb.
The Physicist that helped invent the Bomb, described it as Small, Highly Toxic, and dead before you ever feel anything.
Yes That must have been a wonderful Love life.
http://mobile.twitter.com/patriottakes/status/1370256723361947651?lang=en

Last edited by Crazy Chainsaw; 23rd October 2021 at 05:54 AM.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2021, 05:57 AM   #20
8enotto
Master Poster

Can this person do the job? Good enough.

If Carlson doesn't like it that's his problem. I can't imagine he has the following he had two years ago . His contract with the network has to end some day.
8enotto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2021, 07:51 AM   #21
Hlafordlaes
Disorder of Kilopi

Quote:
“Come on,” he said. “They’re daring you to sit there and not say this is ridiculous. But it is, sorry. It is ridiculous. Sorry, not playing along! But they don’t think it is. And so you have to ask yourself, how long will it be before Joe Biden appoints his horse to the Supreme Court? And when he inevitably does do that, you have to ask, how long will it be until CNN informs us, ‘This is a watershed moment for equine rights. Don’t you dare laugh. That would be a hate crime.'”
They already have, hint, elbow dig, asses on Fox. Fly on your withers, Tuck, hmmm?
Old 23rd October 2021, 08:57 AM   #22
tyr_13
Penultimate Amazing

Tucker think Celtic is a Mongolian Candidate?
tyr_13 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2021, 09:21 AM   #23
eerok
Quixoticist

Tuckwit Carlson hopes that one day a horse will be appointed to a high government position because he, a horse's ass, would surely follow.
Old 23rd October 2021, 09:31 AM   #24
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

I bet if a horse did get appointed to a high office Carlson and his friends would be solidly behind it.

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2021, 10:56 AM   #25
sackett
Philosopher

Originally Posted by sphenisc View Post
It might be just me, but this is all getting very Gilbert and Sullivan.
Levine is not an admiral
In any proper sense.
He she can't sail a ship!
Do you really think I'm dense?

Chorus: You're dense enough
To make a dandy anchor!
You're dense
You're dense
But why this sudden rancor?

I don't deny
And will not try:
Levine deserves promotion.
But

Chorus: But But But But
You sound an outboard motor!

Don't ask
Don't tell
Is much the better notion!

Chorus: Do please shut up!
You know you really

All: OUGHTER!

If you would ruin a man's character, let him seize power.
sackett is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2021, 10:57 AM   #26
catsmate
No longer the 1

Far, far, too sensible over health matters like Covid and Naloxone, prefers reality (like masks and vaccination) to fantasies, prefers science to nonsense. Anathema to Trumpettes.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2021, 10:59 AM   #27
catsmate
No longer the 1

She's not a navy admiral, she's in the Commissioned Corps of the US Public Health Service. It's one of those odd USAian things.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2021, 12:32 PM   #28
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
He's a comparing this person to a horse.

What a cretin.
Old 23rd October 2021, 12:37 PM   #29
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Tucker is just an obvious troll with an even more obvious audience. It is what he is paid to do.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2021, 05:55 PM   #30
angrysoba
Philosophile

We don’t need to assume what Tucker Carlson thinks any more than, this will play best with my lunatic bigoted base. Any further analysis of Carlson’s thought is superfluous.
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th October 2021, 07:04 AM   #31
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Gods, Americans and their obsession with military ranks for everything.

The point still stands, but now with regards to actually understanding healthcare, logistics and politicking.
In my limited interaction with the uniformed Public Health Service, I didn't get the impression that they take the whole rank thing all that seriously.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 06:57 AM   #32
Monza
Alta Viro

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
They need a new argument that isn't "Non traditional human relationships are the exact same as sex with animals"

I hate stupid, but I especially hate how unoriginal stupid has become, like all stupid just follows the same scripts.

This type of argument against non-traditional relationships inspired the Garfunkel and Oats song, "Sex with Ducks." Look it up; it's very funny. And it presents a more reasoned and intelligent discourse than Tucker Carlson.
Monza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 07:21 AM   #33
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy

I have strong opinions on the gender transition of children. I don't feel that Levine is on the same page.
Feel? You don't know what her policies are?

And just for clarification, by "transition", do you mean presentation or reassignment surgery?
Old Yesterday, 07:22 AM   #34
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
He's a comparing this person to a horse.

What a cretin.
And yet his act makes it necessary to compare him to the ass of a horse.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 07:24 AM   #35
SuburbanTurkey
Penultimate Amazing

Listen Mack, that Neptune was a bad dude...
Old Yesterday, 08:29 AM   #36
Armitage72
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Monza View Post
This type of argument against non-traditional relationships inspired the Garfunkel and Oats song, "Sex with Ducks." Look it up; it's very funny. And it presents a more reasoned and intelligent discourse than Tucker Carlson.

From a Something Positive webcomic back in 2006, in which one of the characters gets stuck in a Hell House that he thought was a conventional Halloween haunted house.

Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 12:09 PM   #37
Warp12
Master Poster

I have strong opinions on the gender transition of children. I don't feel that Levine is on the same page.
Feel? You don't know what her policies are?
I don't like Levine's views on the matter. There is nothing to debate.
Old Yesterday, 03:12 PM   #38
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Crazy Chainsaw View Post
Well he is the Man who described his love life as a Neutron Bomb.
The Physicist that helped invent the Bomb, described it as Small, Highly Toxic, and dead before you ever feel anything.
Yes That must have been a wonderful Love life.
http://mobile.twitter.com/patriottakes/status/1370256723361947651?lang=en
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 03:15 PM   #39
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by sackett View Post
Levine is not an admiral
In any proper sense.
He she can't sail a ship!
Do you really think I'm dense?

Chorus: You're dense enough
To make a dandy anchor!
You're dense
You're dense
But why this sudden rancor?

I don't deny
And will not try:
Levine deserves promotion.
But

Chorus: But But But But
You sound an outboard motor!

Don't ask
Don't tell
Is much the better notion!

Chorus: Do please shut up!
You know you really

All: OUGHTER!
And the Award for Best Musical goes to..........Sackett!
Old Yesterday, 03:18 PM   #40
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

I don't like Levine's views on the matter. There is nothing to debate.
Which are? Besides, you appear to enjoy 'debating' just about everything.

Here, let me help you:

Quote:
Levine explicitly notes that the guidelines do not recommend any form of medical treatment for children prior to puberty. "For prepubertal children (with gender dysphoria) there is no medical treatment," she says. "The idea would be to see a counselor or therapist who is supportive and has knowledge about these issues, to work with the parents."

At another point of the lecture, Levine discusses standards of care for transgender youth, laying out a three-tiered protocol drawn up by professionals in transgender medicine.
(Politifact)

Last edited by Stacyhs; Yesterday at 03:23 PM.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics