ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2020 elections , chris wallace , debates , donald trump , joe biden , presidential debates

Old 29th September 2020, 06:34 PM   #81
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
I understand that pepe find Trump charismatic, but I honestly find his behavior repulsive. I would avoid him at a party like the covid.

LOL! I'll take another one. Prost, Bob!
Old 29th September 2020, 06:35 PM   #82
Cain
Straussian

From Twitter: "This isn't a debate. It's a DDOS attack happening in front of a human moderator."

It sounds like Trump gets to claim a tax deduction each time he interrupts.
Old 29th September 2020, 06:35 PM   #83
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

We wouldn't be here if Joe had just run in 2016 like he should have. But of course, it was "her turn."
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2020, 06:36 PM   #84
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
Sounds like Trump is dominating even though it's two against one. This is why we elected him! He's so Alpha.
That's actually not a joke. There are plenty of studies that say a certain percentage of voters are attracted to the authoritarian "strict father" personality because they think he's strong enough tol protect them.

Last edited by Bob001; 29th September 2020 at 06:37 PM.
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2020, 06:37 PM   #85
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Joe, will you just ******* raise your voice and look at him instead of looking down!?
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2020, 06:37 PM   #86
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy

Trump fixed the broken military, huh?

I wonder how the troops feel about being described as broken?
Old 29th September 2020, 06:40 PM   #87
Venom
Illuminator

I wish Biden was a few years younger and laid the smackdown on Trump's lying ass.

I'm a little concerned about the trip ups Biden is doing that a lot.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2020, 06:42 PM   #88
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
Joe, will you just ******* raise your voice and look at him instead of looking down!?
Well, he's looking at the moderator and speaking to the camera, which is how he reaches the TV audience.
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2020, 06:44 PM   #89
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

Oh, now Trump's saying Hunter took 3 million bucks from Russia.
Old 29th September 2020, 06:44 PM   #90
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

It's a massacre.

Oh, "Ukraine"! Prost!
Old 29th September 2020, 06:44 PM   #91
Galaxie
Muse

Originally Posted by Venom View Post
I wish Biden was a few years younger and laid the smackdown on Trump's lying ass.

Hard not to trip up when a baboon is screaming just to his right every two seconds
Galaxie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2020, 06:44 PM   #92
Minoosh
Penultimate Amazing

Cut his mike!
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2020, 06:45 PM   #93
xjx388
Philosopher

Biden needs to be more assertive. Hes coming off weak. He needs a zinger...
Old 29th September 2020, 06:46 PM   #94
Elagabalus
Philosopher

Hah! Chris Wallace is exasperated!!
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2020, 06:47 PM   #95
xjx388
Philosopher

Which country is it easiest for a doctor to move to? Asking for a friend....
Old 29th September 2020, 06:47 PM   #96
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by xjx388 View Post
He's trying to be reasonable. That doesn't work with Trump, but I don't know if it makes him look weak. Biden's called Trump a clown several times and told him to shut up, but it doesn't sink in.
Old 29th September 2020, 06:47 PM   #97
Safe-Keeper
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
Trump's orange red this time.
If we're lucky he'll have a heart attack and drop dead and we'll be rid of him.
"He's like a drunk being given a sobriety test by the police after being pulled over. Just as a drunk can't walk a straight line, Trump can't think in a straight line. He's all over the place."--Stacyhs
"If you are still hung up on that whole words-have-meaning thing, then 2020 is going to be a long year for you." --Ladewig
Safe-Keeper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2020, 06:48 PM   #98
Galaxie
Muse

What counts as a zinger?:

"oh just shut up"
"worst president we've ever had"
"hard to get a word in with this clown - sorry, I mean person"
Galaxie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2020, 06:50 PM   #99
SezMe
post-pre-born

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper View Post
That's a surprise and disappointment, in that case . He did such a good job roasting Trump in that man, woman, camera interview.
Tut-tut: Person, man, woman, camera, TV
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2020, 06:50 PM   #100
xjx388
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Galaxie View Post
What counts as a zinger?:

"oh just shut up"
"worst president we've ever had"
"hard to get a word in with this clown - sorry, I mean person"

That last one was pretty good...
Old 29th September 2020, 06:51 PM   #101
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

Which country is it easiest for a doctor to move to? Asking for a friend....

Don't know for sure, but I've heard Australia and New Zealand welcome English-speaking medical professionals.
Quote:
New Zealand needs migrant workers to fill some highly skilled occupations, for example:

business services
construction and utilities
healthcare and social assistance
education.
If your skills are on any of the skill shortage lists, you will find it easier to find a job and get a visa.
https://www.newzealandnow.govt.nz/wh...usa#section--7

Last edited by Bob001; 29th September 2020 at 06:52 PM.
Old 29th September 2020, 06:51 PM   #102
Safe-Keeper
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Elagabalus View Post
Hah! Chris Wallace is exasperated!!
They should have sent someone with experience with his kind. Like someone who has worked with special needs people with anger management and behavioural problems. Or he could at least have consulted them and learned a trick or two.
"He's like a drunk being given a sobriety test by the police after being pulled over. Just as a drunk can't walk a straight line, Trump can't think in a straight line. He's all over the place."--Stacyhs
"If you are still hung up on that whole words-have-meaning thing, then 2020 is going to be a long year for you." --Ladewig
Safe-Keeper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2020, 06:54 PM   #103
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper View Post
They should have sent someone with experience with his kind. Like someone who has worked with special needs people with anger management and behavioural problems. Or he could at least have consulted them and learned a trick or two.
As I think about it, maybe the solution would be a loud buzzer with Wallace's thumb hovering over it.
Old 29th September 2020, 06:55 PM   #104
SezMe
post-pre-born

I like this from the 538:

Quote:
Biden came prepared for a debate. Trump came in determined to prevent one.
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2020, 06:56 PM   #105
Cain
Straussian

One prediction market: Biden's down a penny; Trump's up two. Civility can suck it! (If that's her name.)
Old 29th September 2020, 06:56 PM   #106
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

What commentator in the world understands fencing well enough to employ that metaphor? What audience in the world knows fencing well enough to be swayed by it?

Do you not understand what kind of a clown you'd have to be to think a fencing metaphor means anything?
theprestige is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2020, 06:56 PM   #107
Elagabalus
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Venom View Post

You see? I told you so. here.

Originally Posted by Elagabalus View Post
Part of me thinks that Biden should just blow the whole debate off. Set up another time and blow that one off too. Rinse and repeat.

I would love to watch the trumpistas scream "you can't do that!"

Blow the whole thing off and end with a "yeah, whatevs, I know you are but what am I" flourish! Does Trump deserve any better?
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2020, 06:57 PM   #108
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by chrispy View Post
Ok, so what is the drinking game for tonight?

Drink everytime... what?
"and you know it"

"best economy in [fill in the blank — 2 drinks for "the world" or "the world has ever seen"

"Democrat run cities"

If you look at [democrat city] "like you wouldn't believe"

"no one's ever done what I've done"

There are a bunch more but it's not fair, I've already been listening.

I can't stand it. I've muted it. The radio is on in the other room.

Privatize the profits and socialize the losses. It's the American way. That's how Mnuchin got rich. Worse, he did it on the backs of elderly people who had been conned into reverse mortgages. Mnuchin paid zero, took on the debt then taxpayers bailed him out.

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 29th September 2020 at 07:04 PM.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2020, 06:57 PM   #109
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Why is the Trump family allowed to not wear masks in the debate hall while everyone else follows the rules?
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2020, 06:58 PM   #110
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
What commentator in the world understands fencing well enough to employ that metaphor? What audience in the world knows fencing well enough to be swayed by it?

Do you not understand what kind of a clown you'd have to be to think a fencing metaphor means anything?
Seemed pretty clear to me. Think about it a little more.
Old 29th September 2020, 07:00 PM   #111
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by SezMe View Post
I like this from the 538:
Until this very moment I had assumed that 538 was a dispassionate number crunching organization. I had no idea they were also doing opinions.
theprestige is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2020, 07:00 PM   #112
Elagabalus
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Why is the Trump family allowed to not wear masks in the debate hall while everyone else follows the rules?
That's why you're living in England, loser!!
Old 29th September 2020, 07:00 PM   #113
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Biden replies, looking at the camera: "This is not about my family or his family. It's about your family,".

"It's about you, the American people. That’s what we’re talking about here."

good stuff
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2020, 07:01 PM   #114
Galaxie
Muse

They're royalty!
Old 29th September 2020, 07:01 PM   #115
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

"We handed him a booming economy. He blew it."
Old 29th September 2020, 07:02 PM   #116
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Have you checked Trump's Twitter feed? Maybe there's an explanation.
Old 29th September 2020, 07:03 PM   #117
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Biden has made a point of addressing the camera directly and talking to the television audience, Trump has trained his eye on Biden throughout .
Old 29th September 2020, 07:03 PM   #118
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Pretty much this. I am a bit curious about new Trump lies though.
So far I've only heard the reruns.

Privatize the profits and socialize the losses. It's the American way. That's how Mnuchin got rich. Worse, he did it on the backs of elderly people who had been conned into reverse mortgages. Mnuchin paid zero, took on the debt then taxpayers bailed him out.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2020, 07:04 PM   #119
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

We in fact have 4% of the worlds population, 20% of the deaths,
Old 29th September 2020, 07:05 PM   #120
Cain
Straussian

Since when should golden lions behave like sheep?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics