ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2020 elections , chris wallace , debates , donald trump , joe biden , presidential debates

Old 29th September 2020, 07:06 PM   #121
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Trump can't shut up, it eats him up listening to criticism he can't interrupt.

Chris Wallace is frustrated with Trump.

Once the criticism devolved into Hunter and Beau, Biden couldn't ignore Trump.

Privatize the profits and socialize the losses. It's the American way. That's how Mnuchin got rich. Worse, he did it on the backs of elderly people who had been conned into reverse mortgages. Mnuchin paid zero, took on the debt then taxpayers bailed him out.

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 29th September 2020 at 07:09 PM.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2020, 07:06 PM   #122
Cain
Straussian

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
“We in fact have 4% of the world’s population, 20% of the deaths,”
I don't trust statistics. They're too easily made up. Anecdotes are real.
Old 29th September 2020, 07:06 PM   #123
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
Until this very moment I had assumed that 538 was a dispassionate number crunching organization. I had no idea they were also doing opinions.
The comment seems on brand for a number crunching organization.

But they are passionate about the topic....that is why they bother to model things.
BobTheCoward is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2020, 07:06 PM   #124
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Tweets apparently appearing from Trump while he is live on tv. That's a good trick
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2020, 07:07 PM   #125
Venom
Illuminator

Tweets apparently appearing from Trump while he is live on tv. That's a good trick
lol
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2020, 07:10 PM   #126
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Trump's on about raking the forests, ignoring climate change at every turn.

Privatize the profits and socialize the losses. It's the American way. That's how Mnuchin got rich. Worse, he did it on the backs of elderly people who had been conned into reverse mortgages. Mnuchin paid zero, took on the debt then taxpayers bailed him out.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2020, 07:12 PM   #127
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

"Gentleman! I hate to raise my voice, but why should I be different than the two of you?"
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2020, 07:13 PM   #128
johnny karate
... and your little dog too.

I’ve never seen anyone try so hard to avoid doing something than Trump avoided condemning white supremacists.
johnny karate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2020, 07:13 PM   #129
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump turning on Wallace. lol
Old 29th September 2020, 07:14 PM   #130
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Wallace "As the Democratic nominee, have you ever called the Democratic mayor of Portland or the Democratic governor of Oregon and said 'hey, you've gotta stop this?'"

Biden's response is simple: "I don't hold public office now." But, he says, "violence should be prosecuted".
Old 29th September 2020, 07:17 PM   #131
Galaxie
Muse

Wallace "As the Democratic nominee, have you ever called the Democratic mayor of Portland or the Democratic governor of Oregon and said 'hey, you've gotta stop this?'"

Biden's response is simple: "I don't hold public office now." But, he says, "violence should be prosecuted".
That was a ridiculous question by Wallace
Galaxie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2020, 07:18 PM   #132
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

"I would say almost everything we're seeing is from the left-wing, not the right-wing," Trump claims,
"Proud Boys, stand back and stand by,"
Old 29th September 2020, 07:18 PM   #133
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Trump's on about raking the forests, ignoring climate change at every turn.
What no one says to Trump is that a big part of what's burning in California are federal forests. If they've been mismanaged, it's by Trump.
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2020, 07:20 PM   #134
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Chris Wallace scolds Trump for the fact that he won't stop interrupting Biden even though his camp agreed he wouldn't do that.

"He never keeps his words," Biden says
Old 29th September 2020, 07:20 PM   #135
xjx388
Philosopher

What a ******* **** show. Excuse my French, but I’m working on immigrating to France.
Old 29th September 2020, 07:21 PM   #136
TokenMac
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by johnny karate View Post
I’ve never seen anyone try so hard to avoid doing something than Trump avoided condemning white supremacists.
Isn't putting them on "standby" enough?
Old 29th September 2020, 07:21 PM   #137
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

"I want crystal clean water and air. I want beautiful, clean air ... as far as the fires are concerned, you need forest management"

"In Europe, they live, they have forest cities, they're called forest cities. They maintain their forest, they manage their forest. I was w/ the head of a major country, it's a forest city. He said, 'Sir, we have trees that are far more - they ignite much easier than California'"
Old 29th September 2020, 07:21 PM   #138
Cain
Straussian

Man, we've gotta bring this country together. Let's just agree Trump won, and the election is canceled. If people keep voting, then they're going to spread the Panda Flu. This is what's best.
Old 29th September 2020, 07:23 PM   #139
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

"He wouldn't know a suburb unless he took a wrong turn" -- Biden on Trump
Old 29th September 2020, 07:23 PM   #140
chrispy
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by xjx388 View Post
What a ******* **** show. Excuse my French, but I’m working on immigrating to France.
Guatemala welcomes you
Old 29th September 2020, 07:24 PM   #141
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

An unnecessary root canal would be preferable.
Old 29th September 2020, 07:24 PM   #142
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump shakes his head as Biden points out that his own DHS and FBI directors say there's no evidence that mail in ballots are a source of cheating
Old 29th September 2020, 07:25 PM   #143
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

"We've got it all on tape" -- Trump claims he has tapes of Biden attempting a coup, or something
Old 29th September 2020, 07:26 PM   #144
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

From Twitter

Mike Reese
@SheriffReese
In tonight’s presidential debate the President said the “Portland Sheriff” supports him. As the Multnomah County Sheriff I have never supported Donald Trump and will never support him.
Old 29th September 2020, 07:27 PM   #145
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

"This is not going to end well. This is not going to end well" -- Trump on the 2020 election
Old 29th September 2020, 07:32 PM   #146
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

"They were teaching people to hate our country"

Trump defends his decision to end racial sensitivity training

Joe Biden replies “Nobody’s doing that...he's the racist"
Old 29th September 2020, 07:33 PM   #147
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

"I am urging my supporters to go into the polls and watch very carefully" -- Trump refuses to pledge to not declare victory until the election has been independently certified

"He has no idea what he's talking about" -- Biden responds to Trump making baseless allegations of election fraud in Carolyn Maloney's primary. And with that the debate is over.
Old 29th September 2020, 07:33 PM   #148
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped

These are your best two candidates to lead the nation over the next four years? You are absolutely ******.
Sideroxylon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2020, 07:33 PM   #149
ChristianProgressive
Master Poster

Biden is right on facts, but Trump ran the table on him AND the moderator, unfortunately.

Trump did one thing brilliant, if twisted. By still pushing the "election will be rigged" point, he forces the Democrats to declare the elections are not rigged. Then, when the GOP rigs the election (AGAIN) he leaves them no room to say so.
"As it was in the days of Noah, so will it be at the coming of the Son of Man." - Matthew 24:37

"And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh." - Luke 21:28
ChristianProgressive is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2020, 07:34 PM   #150
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

I think this shows the election is a choice between a deranged person and a sane person.
Old 29th September 2020, 07:35 PM   #151
Cain
Straussian

From Twitter

Mike Reese
@SheriffReese
In tonight’s presidential debate the President said the “Portland Sheriff” supports him. As the Multnomah County Sheriff I have never supported Donald Trump and will never support him.
So? I'm sure it sounded good in the moment. Very strong. No one "cares" about this looser.
Old 29th September 2020, 07:36 PM   #152
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped

I think this shows the election is a choice between a deranged person and a sane person.
Setting the bar high America!
Sideroxylon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2020, 07:37 PM   #153
ChristianProgressive
Master Poster

A sane person who is inarticulate and incredibly risk averse.
"As it was in the days of Noah, so will it be at the coming of the Son of Man." - Matthew 24:37

"And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh." - Luke 21:28
ChristianProgressive is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2020, 07:43 PM   #154
slyjoe
Master Poster

Originally Posted by xjx388 View Post
I'd shoot for Australia/New Zealand as Bob pointed out. I loved it there.

Chris Wallace is still an awful moderator. And Trump/Biden/Glenlivet owes me a bottle.
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2020, 07:47 PM   #155
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump told the Sturmabteilung, i mean Proud boys to "Stand back and stand by"

Keeping them in reserve for election day
Old 29th September 2020, 07:50 PM   #156
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Bob001 View Post
What no one says to Trump is that a big part of what's burning in California are federal forests. If they've been mismanaged, it's by Trump.
I'd also like someone to ask Trump, which country, which leader? Because Trump is lying.

Old 29th September 2020, 07:51 PM   #157
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Chris Wallace scolds Trump for the fact that he won't stop interrupting Biden even though his camp agreed he wouldn't do that.

"He never keeps his words," Biden says
I heard it. I hope other people did as well.

Old 29th September 2020, 07:52 PM   #158
Elagabalus
Philosopher

So every network doing a postmortem . What's the consensus? Person, woman, man-child, TV?
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2020, 07:54 PM   #159
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

From Twitter

Mike Reese
@SheriffReese

Old 29th September 2020, 07:56 PM   #160
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by ChristianProgressive View Post
Biden is right on facts, but Trump ran the table on him AND the moderator, unfortunately.

Trump did one thing brilliant, if twisted. By still pushing the "election will be rigged" point, he forces the Democrats to declare the elections are not rigged. Then, when the GOP rigs the election (AGAIN) he leaves them no room to say so.
You must have watched a different debate than I did.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics