ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Coronavirus , donald trump , Melania Trump

Old 2nd October 2020, 08:07 AM   #281
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by wasapi View Post
Every morning since he took office, the first thing I do is check and see if he's dead.

This morning, I could barely quell my excitement. He isn't dead, yet, but this is even better. The possibility that he will suffer is high, and I am pleased.

Yes, I suppose I am just a bad person, but "I really don't care, do you"?
It depends on what you consider suffering. His risk of dying is statistically 3-4% but likely far, far lower considering how early his diagnosis is and the quality of medical care he will receive. IMO it's much lower than 1%

His chances of getting some symptoms are likely to be higher than 50%, but IMO given how early the diagnosis and quality of care the risk of him actually suffering is likely high single-digits or very low double-digits.

The again if he is forced to quarantine (and that's a huge if), he's likely to get bored and lonely and so will suffer to a certain extent.
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2020, 08:12 AM   #282
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Don View Post
It depends on what you consider suffering. His risk of dying is statistically 3-4% but likely far, far lower considering how early his diagnosis is and the quality of medical care he will receive. IMO it's much lower than 1%

His chances of getting some symptoms are likely to be higher than 50%, but IMO given how early the diagnosis and quality of care the risk of him actually suffering is likely high single-digits or very low double-digits.

The again if he is forced to quarantine (and that's a huge if), he's likely to get bored and lonely and so will suffer to a certain extent.
He eats and lives like a poor person though. No exercise, no fruit or veggies in his diet. He probably has the same health problems as people who live in food deserts and have to eat food high in salt, sugar and fat.
Old 2nd October 2020, 08:12 AM   #283
jerrywayne
Graduate Poster

Some comments from Doctor Ronnie:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/worl...ost_type=share

I suppose for the literal meaning of incredible - unable to be believed - then I suppose it's right.

Hmmmmmmm......

But he clearly states what IMO is going to be the GOP position on this:

IOW, Covid-19 has been blown out of all proportion by the Democrats and while the illness itself is not a hoax per-se, the need to close anything down or take any extraordinary precautions have ended up creating the "Covid-19 is especially dangerous" hoax.
Dr. Ronny Jackson is the character who once served as WH chief doctor, the doctor who claimed Trump was in excellent health after his first physical, so rosy as to cause disbelief.

https://time.com/5105096/donald-trum...am-transcript/

The same guy: https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newsp...es/ar-BB1466vk
jerrywayne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2020, 08:18 AM   #284
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
GREAT NEWS!!!! Mark Meadows just confirmed Trump is symptomatic. He has mild symptoms so things could improve and he'll get worse.
If they're saying he has mild symptoms, he's probably on a ventilator.
shemp is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2020, 08:20 AM   #285
shemp

Well, he won't die before the election, because they can always keep him on a ventilator and keep his heart going. There is no way they'll let him die before Nov. 3. But he's been brain dead for years.
shemp is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2020, 08:20 AM   #286
Mader Levap
Graduate Poster

Don't be too happy. In my country we have saying that is translated roughly to "Devil does not take away their own".

Also remember his undeserving ass has access to best healthcare that current science and technology has to offer.

It is very unlikely he will die.
Old 2nd October 2020, 08:20 AM   #287
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

https://twitter.com/Yamiche/status/1312035990240985091

Quote:
CONFIRMED: There was no contact from the Trump campaign or the White House to alert the Biden campaign of possible exposure. The campaign learned of the situation from the news reports, a Biden campaign aide tells me.
Also: The Trump children (and wife) wore masks to their seats in the debate, and then took them off once seated, breaking the venue's rules
Old 2nd October 2020, 08:21 AM   #288
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
I repeat, the President only has mild symptoms, and there are no American infidels in Baghdad.
Old 2nd October 2020, 08:21 AM   #289
shemp

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
He eats and lives like a poor person though. No exercise, no fruit or veggies in his diet. He probably has the same health problems as people who live in food deserts and have to eat food high in salt, sugar and fat.
It might be dangerous to suddenly change his diet. Can they feed him Big Macs and Cheetos intravenously?
Old 2nd October 2020, 08:23 AM   #290
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
Originally Posted by shemp View Post
It might be dangerous to suddenly change his diet. Can they feed him Big Macs and Cheetos intravenously?
... dissolved in bleach, maybe?
Old 2nd October 2020, 08:23 AM   #291
shemp

I would like to send him a message of sympathy:

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Why don't you drop dead
You ******* *******!
Old 2nd October 2020, 08:24 AM   #292
jerrywayne
Graduate Poster

The former national spokeswoman for Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign tweeted (and withdrew the tweet): "It's been against my moral identity to tweet this for the past four years, but, I hope he dies."

She's taking heat for the remark, honest as she was.
jerrywayne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2020, 08:26 AM   #293
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by jerrywayne View Post
The former national spokeswoman for Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign tweeted (and withdrew the tweet): "It's been against my moral identity to tweet this for the past four years, but, I hope he dies."

How spectacularly stupid.
Old 2nd October 2020, 08:27 AM   #294
Dr.Sid
Illuminator

That's really not nice. He has to suffer the loss first.
Dr.Sid is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2020, 08:27 AM   #295
Regnad Kcin
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by varwoche View Post
When Hicks tested positive, apparently they failed to inform people who flew on the plane with her.
Everybody was kung flu flighting...
Old 2nd October 2020, 08:29 AM   #296
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Agreed. It's unseemly. And to the forum members expressing the same: Guys, don't do that. Be better.
Old 2nd October 2020, 08:30 AM   #297
jerrywayne
Graduate Poster

It's interesting that Trump's initial tweet about his Covid-19 positive test does not include a "please keep Melania and me in your prayers" type sentiment. Is his lack of real religious sentiment showing through?
Old 2nd October 2020, 08:33 AM   #298
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

It's interesting that Trump's initial tweet about his Covid-19 positive test does not include a "please keep Melania and me in your prayers" type sentiment. Is his lack of real religious sentiment showing through?
Asking for people to keep him in their prayers would be a sign of weakness.

Asking for people to keep someone else in their prayers simply would never occur to him.
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2020, 08:34 AM   #299
jerrywayne
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Agreed. It's unseemly. And to the forum members expressing the same: Guys, don't do that. Be better.
It was her honest reaction, but, yes, better left unsaid.
Old 2nd October 2020, 08:37 AM   #300
jerrywayne
Graduate Poster

Asking for people to keep him in their prayers would be a sign of weakness.

Asking for people to keep someone else in their prayers simply would never occur to him.
Yes, but such a request would have pleased his all important Evangelicals For Trump base.
Old 2nd October 2020, 08:39 AM   #301
shemp

How spectacularly honest. You don't expect that from people in politics. But it was stupid, as stupid as Hillary's "deplorables" remark. Hillary was right, she just shouldn't have said it. But I'm not in politics, I say whatever I please. I hope the monster dies.
Old 2nd October 2020, 08:39 AM   #302
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
Supreme Court Justice Nominee Amy Coney Barrett has tested negative for COVID-19.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...063b9922e98b00
My son tested negative for COVID. He still has to isolate for 2 weeks because he was exposed to someone who has COVID. If he had tested positive, everyone he had contact with (his class, his baseball team, his gymnastics team) would have all had to go into isolation. Because that is the safe approach.

The whole White House needs to be shut down immediately. No one is allowed in or out. Anyone who has been in close contact with someone needs to be isolated.

As I said, there is an outbreak. If this type of outbreak occurred in a college frat house, the whole place would be put in quarantine immediately.
Old 2nd October 2020, 08:41 AM   #303
shemp

Ok, I'll try to do better, I'll only say I hope he dies every 10 minutes instead of every 5.
Old 2nd October 2020, 08:42 AM   #304
lobosrul5
Master Poster

Yeah, besides which I really don't hope he dies for a couple of reasons. First, it would put things into even more chaos, which is not what the USA needs right now. His more hardcore followers might take to violence when the inevitable "Obama and the deep state killed him" conspiracy theory comes into being. And while I think Pence would probably also lose, there is probably a segment of people that would vote for him and not Trump, the opposite number of people is probably very small.

And second, what I WANT is him to lose in a huge landslide, refuse to leave power, get frog marched out of the White House, get extradited to face charges in NY, be held without bond in Rikers (like normal people), and spend his final years in prison.

Last edited by lobosrul5; 2nd October 2020 at 08:45 AM.
lobosrul5 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2020, 08:42 AM   #305
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

Dr. Ronny Jackson is the character who once served as WH chief doctor, the doctor who claimed Trump was in excellent health after his first physical, so rosy as to cause disbelief.

https://time.com/5105096/donald-trum...am-transcript/

The same guy: https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newsp...es/ar-BB1466vk
Remember when he signed a letter that said all of Trump's tests were exceedingly positive!?
Old 2nd October 2020, 08:43 AM   #306
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

If they're saying he has mild symptoms, he's probably on a ventilator.
Like in the movie Dave where they said the President had a "mild neural event" or something like that....

"Hail to the Chief, he's the one we all say hail to. We all say hail because he keeps himself so clean. He's got that power that's why he's in the shower...."
Old 2nd October 2020, 08:44 AM   #307
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

I think it's stupid, because of who she is. I don't think it's unseemly though. It's an appropriate sentiment towards a fascist (and otherwise deplorable human being) who is trying to destroy US democracy. What, are we supposed to suppress these feelings for decorum?
Old 2nd October 2020, 08:44 AM   #308
shemp

So how many deaths from Covid would not have occurred if Trump had taken proper action? There's really no way to know, but I'd say that an estimate of 100,000 who would not have died is conservative. These deaths are on his hands. I have no compunction against saying that I hope he dies and dies miserably and painfully. If you don't like that, there's a ignore function you can use.
Old 2nd October 2020, 08:44 AM   #309
eerok
Quixoticist

I don't hope that anyone dies from covid, even though in Trump's case, that'd be some world class karma. I do want Trump to lose the election, be sued into oblivion, and even though it's unlikely, be indicted for his crimes.
Old 2nd October 2020, 08:47 AM   #310
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

How spectacularly honest. You don't expect that from people in politics. But it was stupid, as stupid as Hillary's "deplorables" remark. Hillary was right, she just shouldn't have said it. But I'm not in politics, I say whatever I please. I hope the monster dies.
Remember, people love Trump because he says what he is thinking and isn't worried about being PC.

And people hate Hillary because she said things that hurt their precious little feefees.

And they hate her because someone who used to be her spokesperson has now said something she is thinking without worrying about being PC.
Old 2nd October 2020, 08:50 AM   #311
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

I want Trump to stop hurting America. At the end of the day that's it.

I'd feel bad and would be doing some deep moral soul searching IF I held onto to even the slightest hope that Trump was capable of either accepting defeat, changing and growing as a person enough to reach the level of 'normal bad,' or even just going away.

So I want Trump to stop hurting America. If the only way that happens is if he shuffles off the mortal coil that's on him, not me.

Last edited by JoeMorgue; 2nd October 2020 at 08:56 AM.
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2020, 08:52 AM   #312
jerrywayne
Graduate Poster

DeAnna Lorraine, a right-wing commentator who has had aspirations for getting into politics, tweeted this:

"I€™m just going to say what we€™re all thinking.

Trump was fine until the debate, where they set up microphones & podiums for him.

Incubation period is usually 2-3 days.

He tests positive a couple of days after the debate.

I put nothing past the left. NOTHING.#TrumpHasCOVID

— DeAnna Lorraine Ÿ‡Ÿ‡ (@DeAnna4Congress) October 2, 2020"

And this:

"Our President was able to destroy Joe Biden in that debate while having COVID. The man is a machine. Praying for you,@realDonaldTrump! #TrumpHasCovid"

A bit contradictory.

Last edited by jerrywayne; 2nd October 2020 at 08:56 AM. Reason: to finish a thought
Old 2nd October 2020, 08:54 AM   #313
Davidlpf
Muse

How long until the R's are demanding the election be postponed?
I don't think they can do that. But Trump is trying to blame the military, because they come up to hug him to say think you to him.

The only word that came to mind after hearing it was, Karma.
Davidlpf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2020, 08:59 AM   #314
jadebox
Graduate Poster

Trump was scheduled to host a rally near us today with an expected crowd of 15,000, many of which would not be wearing masks or social distancing. I can't help feeling a sense of relief.
jadebox is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2020, 09:01 AM   #315
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
I want Trump to stop hurting America. At the end of the day that's it.

I'd feel bad and would be doing some deep moral soul searching IF I held onto to even the slightest hope that Trump was capable of either accepting defeat, changing and growing as a person enough to reach the level of 'normal bad,' or even just going away.

So I want Trump to stop hurting America. If the only way that happens is if he shuffles off the mortal coil that's on him, not me.
One cannot harm a constructive idea. He harms some individuals and improves others. You are voting for someone that is going to make other americans worse off. They are just americans you are fine with being worse off.
BobTheCoward is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2020, 09:07 AM   #316
Firestone
Proud Award Award recipient

Joe Biden has tested negative for coronavirus. Phew ...

https://twitter.com/BeschlossDC/stat...63243427471360

ETA: Jill Biden too.

Last edited by Firestone; 2nd October 2020 at 09:08 AM.
Firestone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2020, 09:07 AM   #317
Regnad Kcin
Penultimate Amazing

DeAnna Lorraine, a right-wing commentator who has had aspirations for getting into politics, tweeted this:

"I€™m just going to say what we€™re all thinking.

Trump was fine until the debate, where they set up microphones & podiums for him.

Incubation period is usually 2-3 days.

He tests positive a couple of days after the debate.

I put nothing past the left. NOTHING.#TrumpHasCOVID

— DeAnna Lorraine Ÿ‡Ÿ‡ (@DeAnna4Congress) October 2, 2020"
Typically, a person develops symptoms 5 days after being infected, but symptoms can appear as early as 2 days after infection or as late as 14 days after infection, and the time range can vary.
Old 2nd October 2020, 09:10 AM   #318
Armitage72
Illuminator

Originally Posted by lobosrul5 View Post
And second, what I WANT is him to lose in a huge landslide, refuse to leave power, get frog marched out of the White House, get extradited to face charges in NY, be held without bond in Rikers (like normal people), and spend his final years in prison.

I just remembered a comment from Granny Weatherwax in one of the Discworld books, about how a dead enemy can't experience the humiliation of knowing that they've been beaten.
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2020, 09:16 AM   #319
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Regnad Kcin View Post
Yeah, there is no reason to think that Trump caught it at the debate. He was far more likely an asymptomatic carrier at the time.

But if there is such a concern that the left is going to contaminate the podium, it's even more of a reason to be wearing a mask!
Old 2nd October 2020, 09:16 AM   #320
The Greater Fool
Illuminator

Location: Milky Way, Sol, Earth, Northern Hemisphere, USA, AZ, Scottsdale
Well, this get's him an excuse for no more debates.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics