ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Gretchen Whitmer , Michigan incidents , militia incidents

Old 8th October 2020, 11:48 PM   #81
TahiniBinShawarma
Muse

Originally Posted by Giordano View Post
One more thing.. Check out a map! You seem to have confused states.

But I am in favor of prosecuting all illegal acts. As I always ask the “they do it: if you think something is wrong then isn’t it wrong for everyone?

What about all the evidence provided upthread that most Michigan militias support Trump and vis-versa? We will need to know more about this particular group but you appear to think they are exceptions, even though their public positions about the governor’s policies appear to fit hand in glove with Trump’s. Okay, we will find out.

And after much delay, Trump announces that he is against “extreme” violence of ay kind. Is mild violence okay? And he can’t even do that without bringing up Antifa like you do. Wouldn’t the correct response to a treasonous act be denouncing that act, rather than attempting to mitigate it by bringing in other groups and the victim’s perfectly legal views on health policy and on Trump’s actions? Trump and Miller’s statements are those made by defense attorneys prior to sentencing,not condemnations of the militis’s actions.

Ok, gotta sign off.
"Miller, has already come out blaming Governor Whitmer for the planned attack!"

Not going to let you get away with this one. Post the cite or a retraction.
TahiniBinShawarma is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2020, 11:49 PM   #82
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TahiniBinShawarma View Post
Quite the gish gallop. These people are anti law enforcement and anarchists. Trump is not anti law enforcement, that is Harris/Biden supporting BLM/Antifa/Anarchy. Trying to change the subject isn't going to help you.
You have part of that correct. Biden and Harris support BLM but they do not support Antifa or Anarchists. They've made that quite clear to those who care to listen. Apparently you do not.

Biden: “I condemn violence in any form.”

"The deadly violence we saw overnight in Portland is unacceptable.
Shooting in the streets of a great American city is unacceptable. I
condemn this violence unequivocally. I condemn violence of every
kind by any one, whether on the left or the right. And I challenge
Donald Trump to do the same."

Harris: "I join in condemning this violence. This can not—and must not—be
who we are. Americans deserve a president who will heal our country
and bring people together—not fan the flames of hate and division."
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2020, 11:49 PM   #83
TahiniBinShawarma
Muse

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
https://www.freep.com/story/news/pol...er/5927705002/
Jason Miller, Trump advisor and one of the turds in the punch bowl.
And right back at the Governor, which is what he was responding to.
TahiniBinShawarma is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2020, 11:56 PM   #84
Ziggurat
Penultimate Amazing

So still no actual evidence that these people supported Trump? Yeah, that's what I expected.
"As long as it is admitted that the law may be diverted from its true purpose -- that it may violate property instead of protecting it -- then everyone will want to participate in making the law, either to protect himself against plunder or to use it for plunder. Political questions will always be prejudicial, dominant, and all-absorbing. There will be fighting at the door of the Legislative Palace, and the struggle within will be no less furious." - Bastiat, The Law
Ziggurat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2020, 11:58 PM   #85
TahiniBinShawarma
Muse

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
That flag is used by right-wing Christian Anarchists, i.e. religious bigots. The "A" is not for Antifa, but the opposite. These people want to defy the law and quite literally burn the place to the ground because that's what Jesus would do.

https://sojo.net/magazine/february-2...ian-anarchists

Which he sees as a good thing, not a bad thing.
That's a general anarchist flag dude. As a matter of fact the picture from your obscure article shows that this flag is being flown at a rally with a "Racism is the disease" poster and a Mexican flag. Kind of demolishes your point that it's an exclusively "right wing christian."

As far as "quite literally burn the place to the ground," LOL is all I can do after what the left has done for the past months.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg anarchist_image_web.jpg (25.8 KB, 7 views)
Old 9th October 2020, 12:10 AM   #86
TahiniBinShawarma
Muse

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
You have part of that correct. Biden and Harris support BLM but they do not support Antifa or Anarchists. They've made that quite clear to those who care to listen. Apparently you do not.

Biden: “I condemn violence in any form.”

"The deadly violence we saw overnight in Portland is unacceptable.
Shooting in the streets of a great American city is unacceptable. I
condemn this violence unequivocally. I condemn violence of every
kind by any one, whether on the left or the right. And I challenge
Donald Trump to do the same."

Harris: "I join in condemning this violence. This can not—and must not—be
who we are. Americans deserve a president who will heal our country
and bring people together—not fan the flames of hate and division."
But Harris supported a group that bails those that get arrested for rioting out of jail. So, I don't believe them. They never condemned any of this violence until they saw how bad it polled. It was "peaceful protests" until they saw the polling. Sorry if I don't believe them.
Old 9th October 2020, 12:28 AM   #87
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

But Harris supported a group that bails those that get arrested for rioting out of jail. So, I don't believe them. They never condemned any of this violence until they saw how bad it polled. It was "peaceful protests" until they saw the polling. Sorry if I don't believe them.
And Trump offered to pay the bail for people beating up reporters.
Old 9th October 2020, 12:33 AM   #88
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Ziggurat View Post
So still no actual evidence that these people supported Trump? Yeah, that's what I expected.
I know you so wanted these nuts jobs not to be Trumpers, but...at least some of them are:

A Facebook page for Eric Molitor, another Michigan man who faces state charges in the case, features praise for 17-year-old Kyle Rittenhouse, who’s accused of killing two protesters in Kenosha, Wis. Molitor also posted about conspiracy theories relating to the QAnon movement, posting the QAnon hashtag “Save Our Children” and images about human-trafficking conspiracy theories. Molitor had previously posted images indicating affiliation with “three-percenter” militias, a far-right paramilitary movement.

Remember that QAnon believes that Trump is secretly fighting the Deep State cabal.
Quote:
A Pete Musico also has a page on the social media site Gab, popular among white supremacists and the alt-right, on which he promoted the unfounded claim that in South Africa “they are killing white people.” Although many of the posts feature broken images (a hallmark of Gab), one of the user’s favorite accounts was that of Joe Biggs, a Proud Boy organizer who has glorified violence against the left. Biggs and anti-Semitic Infowars personality Owen Shroyer are the only accounts he follows.

A Michigan-based Pete Musico also has a Twitter account with a Tea Party-style “Don’t Tread On Me” banner as the profile image and a number of posts from 2016 voicing support for Trump and calling for the imprisonment of then-Democratic Party presidential nominee Hillary Clinton. It also includes unfounded allegations that former President Bill Clinton fathered an “illegitimate black child” and that vaccines contain dangerous levels of mercury. Another post urges his 14 followers to visit right-wing conspiracy theorist Alex Jones’ site Infowars.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/what-w...etchen-whitmer

Please don't try and tell me there are two or three far right wing nut job "Pete Musicos" in Michigan
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2020, 12:41 AM   #89
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by Checkmite View Post
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ej09zxkV...g&name=900x900

This is like when you've started a new game and you're trying out different facial hair presets on the same face in the character creator.
"And the cast for the new season of Trailer Park Boys is...."
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2020, 12:45 AM   #90
AnonyMoose
Muse

I'm just going to assume these morons are among the same toothless wonders (aka Trump Anal Lickers) that stormed the Michigan legislature building with their little boy toys (aka AR15's) demanding Whitmer to drop the covid shutdown back in May.

The hatred towards Whitmer among the TAL's on right-wing websites is thicker than their wasteband sizes and more ripe than the cottage cheese growing between their wasteband belly rolls. So this foiled kidnapping attempt comes as no surprise to any of us who's been paying attention these past several months...

But it's hard to tell who's who in this group because it seems that being fat, toothless, and bearded is the favoured representative fashion statement amidst their culty cult:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Old 9th October 2020, 12:50 AM   #91
rockinkt
Graduate Poster

Nobody in their right mind could possibly think that 13 people could carry out a ridiculous plan to kidnap a governor and take her to another state for a trial.
I'm left wondering if this was an elaborate game these idiots were playing with all sorts of talk and training and braggadocio without actually any deep commitment to do anything other than talk big and play their war games.
"One day - we'll actually do it" they tell each other - but deep down none of them really thinks it will ever happen so they all happily participate.

Reminds me of all those people who play Bigfoot hunters and plan elaborate armed forays into their local parks with code words and military clothing and armament.
Deep down they know they will never encounter anything more dangerous than their own imaginations - but they hype each other up and take on their mighty hunter personas and act their part in the elaborate fantasy they have concocted.

"I've met Bob Dylan's bodyguards and if Steve Earle thinks he can stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table, he's sadly mistaken." Townes Van Zandt
rockinkt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2020, 12:56 AM   #92
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

"They never condemned any of this violence until they saw how bad it polled. It was "peaceful protests" until they saw the polling."

You have any evidence of that? No? Thought not. And by the way, the vast majority of the protests were peaceful, but to hear Trump tell it, the cities were all ablaze with nothing but leftist, radical violence.

Harris tweeted :
Quote:
If you’re able to, chip in now to the @MNFreedomFund to help post bail for those protesting on the ground in Minnesota.
She asked for bail for "protesters" not "rioters". A lot of people who were arrested were not rioting.
Quote:
Since Floyd’s death, the group has raised more than $30 million with the help of supporters such as Harris. But very little of that money was needed to bail out protesters — many of whom were issued citations, and were not detained.
https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...er/5924615002/

You don't have to believe it. Nothing says you have to let facts get in the way of what you believe.
Old 9th October 2020, 01:05 AM   #93
TahiniBinShawarma
Muse

I know you so wanted these nuts jobs not to be Trumpers, but...at least some of them are:

A Facebook page for Eric Molitor, another Michigan man who faces state charges in the case, features praise for 17-year-old Kyle Rittenhouse, who’s accused of killing two protesters in Kenosha, Wis. Molitor also posted about conspiracy theories relating to the QAnon movement, posting the QAnon hashtag “Save Our Children” and images about human-trafficking conspiracy theories. Molitor had previously posted images indicating affiliation with “three-percenter” militias, a far-right paramilitary movement.

Remember that QAnon believes that Trump is secretly fighting the Deep State cabal.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/what-w...etchen-whitmer

Please don't try and tell me there are two or three far right wing nut job "Pete Musicos" in Michigan

Seems to me it's a mish mash of deranged lunatics rather than a coherent ideology.
Old 9th October 2020, 01:10 AM   #94
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Seems to me it's a mish mash of deranged lunatics rather than a coherent ideology.
As is apparently always the case with right-wing terrorists.

There's never an issue of right-wing terrorists, just individuals, groups and organisations who happen to have mental health issues

OTOH, it doesn't matter how deranged a left-winger is, they are part of a cabal which goes all the way to the deep state, Biden and Obama. It doesn't matter how mentally ill or ineffectual a Muslim extremist is, it's part of a global plan for Islamic domination.
The Don is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2020, 01:20 AM   #95
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

I don't disagree with that. These types aren't exactly known for their rational behavior. But the fact is that at least two of them appear to be Trump supporters. I wouldn't be surprised if more of them are, too. Their social media has been scrubbed so it's impossible to find out now.
Old 9th October 2020, 01:20 AM   #96
AnonyMoose
Muse

Sooooo.... Trump voters then?

Yup, I agree.
Old 9th October 2020, 01:21 AM   #97
TahiniBinShawarma
Muse

"They never condemned any of this violence until they saw how bad it polled. It was "peaceful protests" until they saw the polling."

You have any evidence of that? No? Thought not. And by the way, the vast majority of the protests were peaceful, but to hear Trump tell it, the cities were all ablaze with nothing but leftist, radical violence.

Harris tweeted :

She asked for bail for "protesters" not "rioters". A lot of people who were arrested were not rioting.
https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...er/5924615002/

You don't have to believe it. Nothing says you have to let facts get in the way of what you believe.

Sounds like a lovely organization she supports

https://www.fox9.com/news/minnesota-...violent-crimes

"Among those bailed out by the Minnesota Freedom Fund (MFF) is a suspect who shot at police, a woman accused of killing a friend, and a twice convicted sex offender, according to court records reviewed by the FOX 9 Investigators.

According to attempted murder charges, Jaleel Stallings shot at members of a SWAT Team during the riots in May. Police recovered a modified pistol that looks like an AK-47. MFF paid $75,000 in cash to get Stallings out of jail.

Darnika Floyd is charged with second degree murder, for stabbing a friend to death. MFF paid $100,000 cash for her release.

Christopher Boswell, a twice convicted rapist, is currently charged with kidnapping, assault, and sexual assault in two separate cases. MFF paid $350,00 in cash for his release. "

BUT BUT BUT they would never bail out rioters, first because there are no riots, second because these people are protesters.

Can you say Harris denounces violence while touting this organization with a straight face again? I need another laugh.

Last edited by TahiniBinShawarma; 9th October 2020 at 01:25 AM.
Old 9th October 2020, 01:29 AM   #98
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Sounds like a lovely organization she supports

https://www.fox9.com/news/minnesota-...violent-crimes

"Among those bailed out by the Minnesota Freedom Fund (MFF) is a suspect who shot at police, a woman accused of killing a friend, and a twice convicted sex offender, according to court records reviewed by the FOX 9 Investigators.

According to attempted murder charges, Jaleel Stallings shot at members of a SWAT Team during the riots in May. Police recovered a modified pistol that looks like an AK-47. MFF paid $75,000 in cash to get Stallings out of jail.

Darnika Floyd is charged with second degree murder, for stabbing a friend to death. MFF paid $100,000 cash for her release.

Christopher Boswell, a twice convicted rapist, is currently charged with kidnapping, assault, and sexual assault in two separate cases. MFF paid $350,00 in cash for his release. "

BUT BUT BUT they would never bail out rioters, first because there are no riots, second because these people are protesters.
Ah...this is typical. You find one extreme example of what a organization does and then try to make it appear as if Harris somehow approves of the crime. You do realize that objective of the organization is to help low income people who are ACCUSED of a crime be able to make bail which they are legally entitled to? You know, the same right that more affluent people have and can meet because they have the money? But that poor people often can't so, instead, sit in jail? Isn't she just AWFUL????

I guess poor people aren't entitled to the same rights as people with money and Harris wanting to give them a helping hand is somehow not condemning violence. Come on, I need another laugh!

Last edited by Stacyhs; 9th October 2020 at 01:34 AM.
Old 9th October 2020, 01:33 AM   #99
Ziggurat
Penultimate Amazing

A Facebook page for Eric Molitor, another Michigan man who faces state charges in the case, features praise for 17-year-old Kyle Rittenhouse
Kyle Rittenhouse is not Trump. Liking Rittenhouse doesn't automatically mean you like Trump, or vice versa. Apparently you so want these nut jobs to be Trumpers that you see evidence for it even from things that aren't actually evidence for it.

It's quite strange, in fact, that nobody seems to have turned up any actual voicing of support for Trump from any of these lunatics. One is almost tempted to draw a conclusion from that.
"As long as it is admitted that the law may be diverted from its true purpose -- that it may violate property instead of protecting it -- then everyone will want to participate in making the law, either to protect himself against plunder or to use it for plunder. Political questions will always be prejudicial, dominant, and all-absorbing. There will be fighting at the door of the Legislative Palace, and the struggle within will be no less furious." - Bastiat, The Law
Ziggurat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2020, 01:35 AM   #100
Ziggurat
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by rockinkt View Post
Nobody in their right mind could possibly think that 13 people could carry out a ridiculous plan to kidnap a governor and take her to another state for a trial.
I'm left wondering if this was an elaborate game these idiots were playing with all sorts of talk and training and braggadocio without actually any deep commitment to do anything other than talk big and play their war games.
"One day - we'll actually do it" they tell each other - but deep down none of them really thinks it will ever happen so they all happily participate.
I wouldn't be surprised. Not much of a legal defense, though.
Old 9th October 2020, 01:39 AM   #101
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Would it really hurt Trump and his supporters so much to make one statement in support of a US Governor who just escape a horrible crime?
Old 9th October 2020, 02:01 AM   #102
TahiniBinShawarma
Muse

Ah...this is typical. You find one extreme example of what a organization does and then try to make it appear as if Harris somehow approves of the crime. You do realize that objective of the organization is to help low income people who are ACCUSED of a crime be able to make bail which they are legally entitled to? You know, the same right that more affluent people have and can meet because they have the money? But that poor people often can't so, instead, sit in jail? Isn't she just AWFUL????

I guess poor people aren't entitled to the same rights as people with money and Harris wanting to give them a helping hand is somehow not condemning violence. Come on, I need another laugh!
You find one extreme example of what a organization does and then try to make it appear as if HarrisTRUMP somehow approves of the crime.
Old 9th October 2020, 02:04 AM   #103
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Kyle Rittenhouse is not Trump. Liking Rittenhouse doesn't automatically mean you like Trump, or vice versa. Apparently you so want these nut jobs to be Trumpers that you see evidence for it even from things that aren't actually evidence for it.

It's quite strange, in fact, that nobody seems to have turned up any actual voicing of support for Trump from any of these lunatics. One is almost tempted to draw a conclusion from that.
Did you stop reading the rest of the quote about QAnon? Here, let me post it for you again:

Quote:
Remember that QAnon believes that Trump is secretly fighting the Deep State cabal. Trump is a hero to QAnon. Trump has embraced at least two Republican QAnon Congressional candidates, one of whom he called a GOP 'rising star' and invited to the RNC. One is almost tempted logically forced to draw a conclusion from that.
Old 9th October 2020, 02:06 AM   #104
TahiniBinShawarma
Muse

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
Would it really hurt Trump and his supporters so much to make one statement in support of a US Governor who just escape a horrible crime?
Well, they don't support her. Although

"Miller was interviewed on Fox News and promptly said that it was a “horrendous thing” for any elected official to be targeted by a crime of this nature.

“I’m happy we have such good law enforcement. We stand by the law enforcement and all of the investigators to make sure that they are able to stop things like this,”

That's good enough for me considering she came out guns blasting at Trump after the arrest was announced.
Old 9th October 2020, 02:06 AM   #105
Ziggurat
Penultimate Amazing

Did you stop reading the rest of the quote about QAnon?
Still nothing about Trump. Passing strange.
Old 9th October 2020, 02:08 AM   #106
TahiniBinShawarma
Muse

Did you stop reading the rest of the quote about QAnon? Here, let me post it for you again:

Remember that QAnon believes that Trump is secretly fighting the Deep State cabal. Trump is a hero to QAnon. Trump has embraced at least two Republican QAnon Congressional candidates, one of whom he called a GOP 'rising star' and invited to the RNC. One is almost tempted logically forced to draw a conclusion from that.

And another of the group called Trump a tyrant and said "Trump is not your friend." It's obviously not Trump that bands this group of lunatics together. As much as the unhinged anti Trump crowd here wants to make it so.
Old 9th October 2020, 02:10 AM   #107
rockinkt
Graduate Poster

I wouldn't be surprised. Not much of a legal defense, though.
I do think they are guilty of conspiracy as defined by law as they not only talked about doing an illegal act - they carried out overt acts necessary to the process of completing their illegal act.
Idiots can work hard and become criminals too. That's what freedom is all about.

"I've met Bob Dylan's bodyguards and if Steve Earle thinks he can stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table, he's sadly mistaken." Townes Van Zandt
rockinkt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2020, 02:11 AM   #108
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

You find one extreme example of what a organization does and then try to make it appear as if HarrisTRUMP somehow approves of the crime.
And I notice that you didn't rebut my post. Instead, you came back with this bit of nonsense.

Nevertheless, I never said Trump approved of what these idiots were planning to do. But I certainly think his rhetoric made them think he did. The Proud Boys most certainly do: they adopted his "Stand down. Stand by" as their motto

It's going on 2:30 AM here. I'm off to bed.
Old 9th October 2020, 02:12 AM   #109
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Still nothing about Trump. Passing strange.
Willfully blind syndrome.
Old 9th October 2020, 02:12 AM   #110
TahiniBinShawarma
Muse

You can laugh all you want. Regardless of your (and Harris) crusade for poor criminals, most sane people are against groups like this.

By the way, have you (or Harris) cited the laws against "protesting" that people were getting arrested for, which necessitated them getting bailed out of jail? And necessitated donations?

Last edited by TahiniBinShawarma; 9th October 2020 at 02:21 AM.
Old 9th October 2020, 02:16 AM   #111
TahiniBinShawarma
Muse

And I notice that you didn't rebut my post. Instead, you came back with this bit of nonsense.

Nevertheless, I never said Trump approved of what these idiots were planning to do. But I certainly think his rhetoric made them think he did. The Proud Boys most certainly do: they adopted his "Stand down. Stand by" as their motto

And the rhetoric against police by liberal politicians makes lunatics on the left riot.

Glad you admit Trump doesn't approve.
Old 9th October 2020, 02:20 AM   #112
TahiniBinShawarma
Muse

Regarding "stand down stand by." When that question was asked, Chris Wallace said "stand down" and Trump followed suit and repeated him with the added words "stand by." I think those on the left are so unhinged that they read way more into it without context. I didn't believe then or now that Trump wasn't just saying what he thought Wallace wanted him to say in his little challenge, but whatevs.
Old 9th October 2020, 02:39 AM   #113
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump on Hannity

"I see Witmer today, she's complaining, but it was our Justice Department that arrested the people she was complaining about, what she's doing is a horrible thing to the people"
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2020, 02:41 AM   #114
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Governor Whitmer of Michigan has done a terrible job. She locked down her state for everyone, except her husband’s boating activities. The Federal Government provided tremendous help to the Great People of Michigan. My Justice Department and Federal Law Enforcement announced...

...today that they foiled a dangerous plot against the Governor of Michigan. Rather than say thank you, she calls me a White Supremacist—while Biden and Democrats refuse to condemn Antifa, Anarchists, Looters and Mobs that burn down Democrat run cities...

...I do not tolerate ANY extreme violence. Defending ALL Americans, even those who oppose and attack me, is what I will always do as your President! Governor Whitmer—open up your state, open up your schools, and open up your churches!
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2020, 02:46 AM   #115
SuburbanTurkey
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Travis View Post
What is the endgame in kidnapping a governor? Did they think past grabbing her?
They were going to execute her after a "trial". If kidnapping was too complicated, they were considering a simpler assassination
Old 9th October 2020, 02:48 AM   #116
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

It's insane that the president is attacking an elected official who is the victim of a kidnapping/murder plot hatched by his supporters.
He hasn't commended the FBI for breaking up the kidnapping/murder plot because as always he doesn't want to denounce his base
Old 9th October 2020, 02:51 AM   #117
Ziggurat
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
He hasn't commended the FBI for breaking up the kidnapping/murder plot because as always he doesn't want to denounce his base
Except that he did.
Old 9th October 2020, 02:56 AM   #118
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Does anyone else recall the days when the US was regarded as the leader of the free world?

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2020, 02:59 AM   #119
Safe-Keeper
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump Tweets

...I do not tolerate ANY extreme violence.
How extreme does it need to get before he condemns it?
"He's like a drunk being given a sobriety test by the police after being pulled over. Just as a drunk can't walk a straight line, Trump can't think in a straight line. He's all over the place."--Stacyhs
"If you are still hung up on that whole words-have-meaning thing, then 2020 is going to be a long year for you." --Ladewig
Safe-Keeper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2020, 03:03 AM   #120
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Does anyone else recall the days when the US was regarded as the leader of the free world?
Yep. It was before November 2016.

Since then, the US has been the laughing stock of the free world.

If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics