ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Allais Effect , Dark Flow , relativity , Theory of Relativity

Closed Thread
Old 8th September 2016, 12:06 AM   #3001
Bjarne
Illuminator
 
Bjarne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,626
Originally Posted by Daylightstar View Post
Riiiight .... how the hell would a GPS system be able to 'compensate for glaring anomalies' if 'they' had not been 'investigated'?
So soon the idea that GPS is a perfect scientific test system of relativity, - is blown up - you should ask the GPS staff what went wrong.
Maybe they will say, - test of relativity was not our mission, - but mainly to keep the system working.
Bjarne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th September 2016, 12:09 AM   #3002
Daylightstar
Philosopher
 
Daylightstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: hic.
Posts: 8,035
Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
And this is why something easy can go wrong..
Bjarne, why did you remove the:
"I made a 100% perfect prediction."
from that post and replaced it with
"double"
?

Are you retracting your claim that you made a 100% perfect prediction?
__________________
homeopathy homicidium
Daylightstar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th September 2016, 12:13 AM   #3003
Daylightstar
Philosopher
 
Daylightstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: hic.
Posts: 8,035
Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
So soon the idea that GPS is a perfect scientific test system of relativity, - is blown up - you should ask the GPS staff what went wrong.
Maybe they will say, - test of relativity was not our mission, - but mainly to keep the system working.
I am asking you how a GPS system would be able to 'compensate for glaring anomalies' if 'they' had not been 'investigated'?
Once again, an evasive emotional response is coming from you, not an actual answer.
__________________
homeopathy homicidium
Daylightstar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th September 2016, 12:14 AM   #3004
Daylightstar
Philosopher
 
Daylightstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: hic.
Posts: 8,035
Are you retracting your claim that you made a 100% perfect prediction, Bjarne?
__________________
homeopathy homicidium
Daylightstar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th September 2016, 12:15 AM   #3005
Bjarne
Illuminator
 
Bjarne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,626
Originally Posted by dasmiller View Post

Again, again, again, this is simply not true. GPS spacecraft predicted positions are continuously compared against their measured positions by dozens of monitor stations around the world.

?
The system you write about is measuring where exactly are the satellites.
Computers are based on Measurement calculating how much to synchronize time dilation hour by hour.
That's all you need to keep the system working.

99,999999999999999999999999999999999999 of the population of the planet is indoctrinated to believe, - there are no more reason to test GPS-relativity..

So why worry, - why at all ask whether measured orbits are he same as calculated according to theories.
Why worry about it ?
What waste time on such ""stupid"" thing ?

Last edited by Bjarne; 8th September 2016 at 12:22 AM.
Bjarne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th September 2016, 12:20 AM   #3006
Daylightstar
Philosopher
 
Daylightstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: hic.
Posts: 8,035
Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
...
99,999999999999999999999999999999999999 of the population of the planet is indoctrinated to believe, ...
Sure Bjarne, it's you against the rest of the world. Or rather, in your condition, the rest of the world against you.


Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
...
So why worry, - why at all ask whether measured orbits are he same as calculate according to theories.
Why worry about it ?
What waste time on such ""stupid"" thing ?
The "stupid" is brought in by you by the truckload. So, good question, why waste time on such stupidity .....
__________________
homeopathy homicidium
Daylightstar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th September 2016, 12:21 AM   #3007
Daylightstar
Philosopher
 
Daylightstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: hic.
Posts: 8,035
Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
...
What waste time on such ""stupid"" thing ?
Is that also why you removed from a post your claim to have made a 100% perfect prediction?
__________________
homeopathy homicidium
Daylightstar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th September 2016, 12:26 AM   #3008
Bjarne
Illuminator
 
Bjarne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,626
Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post
If GPS had anomalies, the whole world would know, because positions would be wrong.

Hans
GPS have anomalies,
well known anomalies,
and almost the whole world know about these
caused by as I said - perturbation, space weather , gravitational anomalies of the earth.
Bjarne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th September 2016, 12:33 AM   #3009
Daylightstar
Philosopher
 
Daylightstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: hic.
Posts: 8,035
Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
...
99,999999999999999999999999999999999999 of the population of the planet is indoctrinated to believe, - there are no more reason to test GPS-relativity..
...
and yet:
Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
GPS have anomalies,
well known anomalies,
and almost the whole world know about these
caused by as I said - perturbation, space weather , gravitational anomalies of the earth.
Hilite by Daylightstar
__________________
homeopathy homicidium
Daylightstar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th September 2016, 12:37 AM   #3010
Daylightstar
Philosopher
 
Daylightstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: hic.
Posts: 8,035
You appear really confused, Bjarne, apparently you just can't agree with yourself.
__________________
homeopathy homicidium
Daylightstar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th September 2016, 12:39 AM   #3011
Bjarne
Illuminator
 
Bjarne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,626
Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post
Bjarne, seriously, you should choose your friends with more care. If you had taken the trouble to Google Edward Dowdye, you would have discovered that he is subscribing to Electric Universe, and Science The Bible, and that he is not an astrophysicist.
Hans
I don't care, even if he had fall down from the moon


Quote:
He did further studies in Astronomy and Astrophysics at Heidelberg.
http://wiki.naturalphilosophy.org/wi...-henry-dowdye/

Bjarne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th September 2016, 01:07 AM   #3012
Daylightstar
Philosopher
 
Daylightstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: hic.
Posts: 8,035
Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
I don't care, even if he had fall down from the moon


Quote:
He did further studies in Astronomy and Astrophysics at Heidelberg.
http://wiki.naturalphilosophy.org/wi...-henry-dowdye/

https://tallbloke.files.wordpress.co...ianspheres.jpg
Where is the description of star image dispersion?
__________________
homeopathy homicidium
Daylightstar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th September 2016, 03:12 AM   #3013
ferd burfle
Graduate Poster
 
ferd burfle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Just short of Zeta II Reticuli
Posts: 1,462
Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
Because you don't understand that a worldview must be coherent.
97% of the universe, you dont know what really is

WHY ?

Because something went wrong, and that something is now hard concrete inside the heads of billion of people..


Because just by changing that little thing, - that even took you long time to realize, - will mean a total new understand of relativity,. - The consequences are that you will now have 100 % understanding of what the universe is about (if you want) - NOT only 3%


You will see who is the dum tic tac tic tac....

"10 points for arguing that while a current well-established theory predicts phenomena correctly, it doesn't explain "why" they occur, or fails to provide a "mechanism"."---John Baez

Bjarne's ideas lack the coherence to be considered pseudoscience; I think his argument is at its core anti-science. No matter how much more understanding is gained he will always ask "but why?"and declare "we don't know yet" means science has failed.
__________________
"You do not know anyone as stupid as Donald Trump. You just donít.Ē-Fran Lebowitz
ferd burfle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th September 2016, 05:58 AM   #3014
halleyscomet
Penultimate Amazing
 
halleyscomet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 10,135
Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
This would mean if your theory is accurate, GPS systems are ALREADY dedicating computational power to compensate for glaring anomalies that are not investigated in specific details
So now you're arguing that people are spending a substantial portion of their careers compensating for a flaw that they can't be bothered to research?

That's just loops us back to your thesis that people are acting against their own self-interest on a colossal, industry-wide scale.

For your thesis to be accurate a number of the world's best engineers, astrophysicists, and rocket scientists would need to be colossally lazy, stupid and incapable of remedial observation. The kind of people capable of getting a rocket into orbit to deploy a satellite which then remains in orbit and functions as part of the GPS system are not going to leave anomalies like the ones you claim unexplored. Your excuse is stupid, desperate and pathetic.
__________________
Look what I found! There's this whole web site full of skeptics that spun off from the James Randy Education Foundation!
halleyscomet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th September 2016, 06:00 AM   #3015
halleyscomet
Penultimate Amazing
 
halleyscomet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 10,135
Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
According to the BW so called dark energy and dark flow make up 97% of the universe,
You don't know what that 97% of the universe is about right ?
In addition there is a hell lot of others huge mysteries , so lets say 99% of the universe you have no clues.

This is what I mean by a incoherent intolerant too narrow and still arrogant worldview.
The fact that a theory does not explain everything does that mean the entire theory is garbage. For example, there's an awful lot about the universe that Newton's equations simply don't explain. Your logic is equivalent to discarding Newton because he could not explain the orbit of Mercury.
__________________
Look what I found! There's this whole web site full of skeptics that spun off from the James Randy Education Foundation!
halleyscomet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th September 2016, 06:12 AM   #3016
halleyscomet
Penultimate Amazing
 
halleyscomet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 10,135
Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
So soon the idea that GPS is a perfect scientific test system of relativity, - is blown up - you should ask the GPS staff what went wrong.
Maybe they will say, - test of relativity was not our mission, - but mainly to keep the system working.
You're putting words in the mouths of others. That's dishonest at best, outright ling at worst. Nobody has stated that the GPS system is a perfect system for testing General Relativity, just that it relies upon General Relativity to function. It is, however, a perfect system for debunking your claims. The fact that it works proves your "theories" wrong as the effects you claim would impact the GPS systems. The only argument you've been able to come up with to counter the fatal blow the GPS system does to your trash theories is to invent a conspiracy of silence and research avoidance out of whole cloth.

tl;dr The only way you can keep your stillborn "theory" from rotting is to wrap it in a tinfoil hat and chill it with lies.
__________________
Look what I found! There's this whole web site full of skeptics that spun off from the James Randy Education Foundation!
halleyscomet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th September 2016, 06:25 AM   #3017
halleyscomet
Penultimate Amazing
 
halleyscomet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 10,135
Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
I don't care, even if he had fall down from the moon


Quote:
He did further studies in Astronomy and Astrophysics at Heidelberg.
http://wiki.naturalphilosophy.org/wi...-henry-dowdye/

https://tallbloke.files.wordpress.co...ianspheres.jpg
Uh, dude, you might want to try and read his actual paper before you use it to defend your fan-fiction:
http://www.naturalphilosophy.org/sit...35&subpage=pdf

Even the image you link to shows gravitational lensing occurs. It also explicitly discusses gravitational lensing of electrons not photons. Edward Henry Dowdye is not arguing against the phenomenon or against General Relativity, but proposing a limitation on the observable effect. Edward Henry Dowdye's work certainly doesn't support you.

Originally Posted by Daylightstar View Post
Where is the description of star image dispersion?
The paper does not mean what Bjarne thinks it means. He's taking a fragment of a paper title and crowing it supports him without having bothered to even skim the paper. I can't tell if this is the laziness Bjarne keeps bragging about or the dishonestly he's displayed in the thread.
__________________
Look what I found! There's this whole web site full of skeptics that spun off from the James Randy Education Foundation!

Last edited by halleyscomet; 8th September 2016 at 08:07 AM.
halleyscomet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th September 2016, 07:24 AM   #3018
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster
 
The Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posts: 14,319
Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
This would mean if your theory is accurate, GPS systems are ALREADY dedicating computational power to compensate for glaring anomalies that are not investigated in specific details
Wait, so the computers found your "glaring anomalies" and then just decided to compensate for that themselves. Did we miss the singularity?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technological_singularity

You are trying to make excuses you don't understand for systems you don't understand.

Again, what about muons from cosmic rays, what corrects your "glaring anomalies" there? With some effort and actual dedication you might be able to compare detection rates from various latitudes. Unlikely you'll find anything though as such "glaring anomalies" would have been glaringly obvious already.
__________________
BRAINZZZZZZZZ
The Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th September 2016, 07:31 AM   #3019
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster
 
The Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posts: 14,319
Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
According to the BW so called dark energy and dark flow make up 97% of the universe,
You don't know what that 97% of the universe is about right ?
In addition there is a hell lot of others huge mysteries , so lets say 99% of the universe you have no clues.

This is what I mean by a incoherent intolerant too narrow and still arrogant worldview.

Saying you don't know for something you, well, don't know is neither "incoherent" nor "intolerant". It is pretending to know what you don't that is incoherent and simply not accepting there are things you won't know that is intolerant. Also incoherent and intolerant is the expectation that the universe should somehow be intuitive to you.
__________________
BRAINZZZZZZZZ
The Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th September 2016, 07:37 AM   #3020
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster
 
The Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posts: 14,319
Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
I think that the staff in Chernobyl would have told you same kind of stories before the power plant was blown up.
Again you are making excuses for system you don't understand. What happened at Chernobyl was a failure of procedure in conducting a research operation.
__________________
BRAINZZZZZZZZ
The Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th September 2016, 07:43 AM   #3021
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster
 
The Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posts: 14,319
Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
So soon the idea that GPS is a perfect scientific test system of relativity, - is blown up - you should ask the GPS staff what went wrong.
Maybe they will say, - test of relativity was not our mission, - but mainly to keep the system working.

Again keeping the system working does test relativity. Now your trying to make excuses for systems you don't understand by pretending "the GPS staff" don't understand the system they work with and would make such excuses.
__________________
BRAINZZZZZZZZ
The Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th September 2016, 07:51 AM   #3022
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster
 
The Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posts: 14,319
Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
The system you write about is measuring where exactly are the satellites.
Computers are based on Measurement calculating how much to synchronize time dilation hour by hour.
That's all you need to keep the system working.

99,999999999999999999999999999999999999 of the population of the planet is indoctrinated to believe, - there are no more reason to test GPS-relativity..

So why worry, - why at all ask whether measured orbits are he same as calculated according to theories.
Why worry about it ?
What waste time on such ""stupid"" thing ?

Again if "measured orbits" aren't the "same as calculated according to theories." the system will not function as required. Trying to supplant your own asserted deliberate ignorance onto those responsible for the operation of that system is the only """stupid"" thing". So why do you continue to "waste time on such ""stupid"" thing"?
__________________
BRAINZZZZZZZZ
The Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th September 2016, 07:53 AM   #3023
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster
 
The Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posts: 14,319
Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
GPS have anomalies,
well known anomalies,
and almost the whole world know about these
caused by as I said - perturbation, space weather , gravitational anomalies of the earth.

Great, so none caused by your interpretation of gravity. Thanks for admitting that.
__________________
BRAINZZZZZZZZ
The Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th September 2016, 08:05 AM   #3024
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster
 
The Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posts: 14,319
Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
I don't care, even if he had fall down from the moon


Quote:
He did further studies in Astronomy and Astrophysics at Heidelberg.
http://wiki.naturalphilosophy.org/wi...-henry-dowdye/

https://tallbloke.files.wordpress.co...ianspheres.jpg
As already pointed out before not only is his purported cause ineffective (the optically weak plasma density). Lensing has been observed past his given limits. We know you don't care because if he was right that still makes you wrong.

There is an old saying "the enemy of my enemy is my friend". However, the enemy of your enemy can be even more so your enemy and by no means your friend. This is one such case, you have more in common with relativity than these assertions. He doesn't even use the Lorentz transformation, just Galilean transformations. So right off the bat your vaulted Lorentz transformation is right out the window. Again your assertion of notions that directly disagree with yours simply demonstrate that you don't know what you are talking about and just don't care or that you don't even agree with just yourself and just don't care. You just not caring seems to be the only consistent aspect of your assertions.
__________________
BRAINZZZZZZZZ

Last edited by The Man; 8th September 2016 at 10:00 AM. Reason: typo
The Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th September 2016, 08:19 AM   #3025
dasmiller
Just the right amount of cowbell
 
dasmiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Well past Hither, looking for Yon
Posts: 6,241
Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
The system you write about is measuring where exactly are the satellites.
so far, so good

Quote:
Computers are based on Measurement calculating how much to synchronize time dilation hour by hour.
No, that's not at all how it works. Why do you say these things*?

Quote:
That's all you need to keep the system working.

99,999999999999999999999999999999999999 of the population of the planet is indoctrinated to believe, - there are no more reason to test GPS-relativity..

So why worry, - why at all ask whether measured orbits are he same as calculated according to theories.
Why worry about it ?
What waste time on such ""stupid"" thing ?
Because GPS system performance is entirely based on whether the measured orbits look like the predicted orbits.


*respect for the MA keeps me from expanding on that question
__________________
"In times of war, we need warriors. But this isn't a war." - Phil Plaitt

Last edited by dasmiller; 8th September 2016 at 08:21 AM.
dasmiller is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th September 2016, 08:54 AM   #3026
Darwin123
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,413
Originally Posted by Daylightstar View Post
I am asking you how a GPS system would be able to 'compensate for glaring anomalies' if 'they' had not been 'investigated'?
Once again, an evasive emotional response is coming from you, not an actual answer.
Bjarne is making the assumption that the engineers used a phenomenological model that had not truly been derived from relativity. The engineers in this view used an ad hoc expression with phenomenological parameters. They then used least squares criteria to determine the best fit phenomenological parameters.

The engineers in his view calibrated their measurements with a large confirmation bias. The 'relativistic formula' was induced from observations, not deduced from relativity. They calibrated the data using an empirical formula that was not uniquely mapped to relativity theory. There was no logical connection between relativity theory and the empirical expression.

Some engineers may have convinced themselves that they really used relativity. However, the empirical formula they used had too many adjustable parameters. So the is an infinite set of possible theories that could explain this empirical formula. 'Relativity' represents a subset of the many theories that could explain the empirical formula.

Some engineers were stupid in convincing themselves that they used relativity rather than an ad hoc expression. However, most engineers are bald faced liars.

The empirical formula used by the engineers is officially consistent with the experimental data. However, this official explanation is but a cover story. Relativity is internally inconsistent. So the engineers could not possibly have derived the empirical expression from relativity. Anyone can see that relativity is internally inconsistent, especially those with little education. So the engineers most probably lied when they said that they used relativity.

These liars either brainwashed or lobotomized all the other engineers and scientists. However, they probably lobotomized more scientists than they brainwashed. A brain washed person would still be smart enough to see all the 'obvious' contradictions in relativity theory.

Most engineers and physicists who insisted that there were contradictions in relativity were invited to several GPS workshops to help debug the software. Once in the room, they were strapped down. The prefrontal cortex of each scientist was cut out using dirty needles. Kaku did many of the lobotomy's with his own hand.

Some scientists were crippled. Stephen Hawking used to be one of the foremost critics of relativity before his lobotomy.

This drama of stupidity and corruption revolves the empirical formula used to calibrate the GPS formula. The empirical formula is the McGoffin and Bjarnes is the detective that no one believes.

The question you should ask yourself is whether the empirical formula can be uniquely mapped to relativity. We know relativity can be used to derive the calibration procedure. However, this doesn't mean that one can uniquely derive relativity from the calibration procedure. This sort of puzzle comes up regularly when one tries to 'invert' data. However, the engineers weren't trying to invert the data. Proving relativity was secondary. They just tried to make an accurate GPS system.

Many other conspiracy believers make the same assumption. They don't deny that the system works. They deny that the calibration technique has any connection with the general theory originally used to derive it.

Excuse me, I now have to adjust my aluminum foil hat!

Last edited by Darwin123; 8th September 2016 at 08:58 AM.
Darwin123 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th September 2016, 09:17 AM   #3027
Dancing David
Penultimate Amazing
 
Dancing David's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: central Illinois
Posts: 39,699
Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
According to the BW so called dark energy and dark flow make up 97% of the universe,
You don't know what that 97% of the universe is about right ?
In addition there is a hell lot of others huge mysteries , so lets say 99% of the universe you have no clues.

This is what I mean by a incoherent intolerant too narrow and still arrogant worldview.
made up statistics are made up statistics, cite your source...
__________________
I suspect you are a sandwich, metaphorically speaking. -Donn
And a shot rang out. Now Space is doing time... -Ben Burch
You built the toilet - don't complain when people crap in it. _Kid Eager
Never underestimate the power of the Random Number God. More of evolutionary history is His doing than people think. - Dinwar
Dancing David is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th September 2016, 09:58 AM   #3028
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster
 
The Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posts: 14,319
Originally Posted by Darwin123 View Post
Most engineers and physicists who insisted that there were contradictions in relativity were invited to several GPS workshops to help debug the software. Once in the room, they were strapped down. The prefrontal cortex of each scientist was cut out using dirty needles. Kaku did many of the lobotomy's with his own hand.
Ah so you've been to one of those workshops. Here are some pictures from the last one*.


https://www.google.com/search?q=cloc...uoiOAD-yiAM%3A








*lying engineer lies.
__________________
BRAINZZZZZZZZ
The Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th September 2016, 10:05 AM   #3029
Daylightstar
Philosopher
 
Daylightstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: hic.
Posts: 8,035
Originally Posted by halleyscomet View Post
...
The paper does not mean what Bjarne thinks it means. He's taking a fragment of a paper title and crowing it supports him without having bothered to even skim the paper. I can't tell if this is the laziness Bjarne keeps bragging about or the dishonestly he's displayed in the thread.
Usually, stuff is not what Bjarne thinks it is, Bjarne hasn't got a clue. I myself had not looked at a paper, just the image he posted.
I did not really expect any description of star image dispersion in a paper nor would I really have expected an intelligible and/or intelligent answer from Bjarne
__________________
homeopathy homicidium
Daylightstar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th September 2016, 10:07 AM   #3030
Daylightstar
Philosopher
 
Daylightstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: hic.
Posts: 8,035
Originally Posted by Darwin123 View Post
Bjarne is making the assumption that the engineers used a phenomenological model that had not truly been derived from relativity. The engineers in this view used an ad hoc expression with phenomenological parameters. They then used least squares criteria to determine the best fit phenomenological parameters.

The engineers in his view calibrated their measurements with a large confirmation bias. The 'relativistic formula' was induced from observations, not deduced from relativity. They calibrated the data using an empirical formula that was not uniquely mapped to relativity theory. There was no logical connection between relativity theory and the empirical expression.

Some engineers may have convinced themselves that they really used relativity. However, the empirical formula they used had too many adjustable parameters. So the is an infinite set of possible theories that could explain this empirical formula. 'Relativity' represents a subset of the many theories that could explain the empirical formula.

Some engineers were stupid in convincing themselves that they used relativity rather than an ad hoc expression. However, most engineers are bald faced liars.

The empirical formula used by the engineers is officially consistent with the experimental data. However, this official explanation is but a cover story. Relativity is internally inconsistent. So the engineers could not possibly have derived the empirical expression from relativity. Anyone can see that relativity is internally inconsistent, especially those with little education. So the engineers most probably lied when they said that they used relativity.

These liars either brainwashed or lobotomized all the other engineers and scientists. However, they probably lobotomized more scientists than they brainwashed. A brain washed person would still be smart enough to see all the 'obvious' contradictions in relativity theory.

Most engineers and physicists who insisted that there were contradictions in relativity were invited to several GPS workshops to help debug the software. Once in the room, they were strapped down. The prefrontal cortex of each scientist was cut out using dirty needles. Kaku did many of the lobotomy's with his own hand.

Some scientists were crippled. Stephen Hawking used to be one of the foremost critics of relativity before his lobotomy.

This drama of stupidity and corruption revolves the empirical formula used to calibrate the GPS formula. The empirical formula is the McGoffin and Bjarnes is the detective that no one believes.

The question you should ask yourself is whether the empirical formula can be uniquely mapped to relativity. We know relativity can be used to derive the calibration procedure. However, this doesn't mean that one can uniquely derive relativity from the calibration procedure. This sort of puzzle comes up regularly when one tries to 'invert' data. However, the engineers weren't trying to invert the data. Proving relativity was secondary. They just tried to make an accurate GPS system.

Many other conspiracy believers make the same assumption. They don't deny that the system works. They deny that the calibration technique has any connection with the general theory originally used to derive it.

Excuse me, I now have to adjust my aluminum foil hat!
And Bjarne could have thought of all of that?
__________________
homeopathy homicidium
Daylightstar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th September 2016, 10:08 AM   #3031
Daylightstar
Philosopher
 
Daylightstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: hic.
Posts: 8,035
Originally Posted by Dancing David View Post
made up statistics are made up statistics, cite your source...
Source = goo.
__________________
homeopathy homicidium
Daylightstar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th September 2016, 10:15 AM   #3032
Daylightstar
Philosopher
 
Daylightstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: hic.
Posts: 8,035
Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
I don't care, ...
But you cared about your claim of 'having made a 100% perfect prediction', which is why you removed that claim and replaced it with "double" so as to suggest the content of that post with the claim was different from the actual content, your having made a 100% perfect prediction claim.

You have demonstrated that you will attempt to obscure statements or claims made by you.
But then again, you went from curved space definitely existing to curved space definitely not existing which you express with hypered diatribes.

There's something else going on with you, right Bjarne?
__________________
homeopathy homicidium
Daylightstar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th September 2016, 10:41 AM   #3033
fuelair
Banned
 
fuelair's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 58,582
Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
I think that the staff in Chernobyl would have told you same kind of stories before the power plant was blown up.
Are you joking or do you actually believe there is even the slightest relation between the two??? If so (the latter) then everything I have said re: your posts has been unquestionably correct but vastly understated!!!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th September 2016, 10:43 AM   #3034
fuelair
Banned
 
fuelair's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 58,582
Originally Posted by Daylightstar View Post
We get nothing but stories from you, your emotional diatribes have no scientific value whatsoever, rather they are an embarrassment to humankind.
all of life!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th September 2016, 11:28 AM   #3035
halleyscomet
Penultimate Amazing
 
halleyscomet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 10,135
This thread reminds me an incident in an English class way back in my high school days. There was this guy, a real goober, who interrupted the teacher's lecture on literature in the age of enlightenment to enthrall us with his pet theory.

"See, that's what, like, gets me man. You see, it's like, all of a sudden this Newton guy comes along and all this stuff happens really really fast. We like went from stones and bronze to space ships in, like NOTHING. It was too quick man. I just don't understand how we went from Thomas Franklin (Yes, he said that) inventing electricity with the Founding Fathers to computers in, like, 100 years. It's like the Egyptians man. They had like axes and chariots. There's NOOO way they could have built the pyramids."

He paused a moment to look around. The teacher was doing her best not to laugh and stammered out, "What are you trying to tell us?"

"I don't see how man could have, like, done all that and so fast. I don't understand it. It HAD to be aliens. We got help from outside man. Aliens gave us all that technology. IT's like, too much for the human brain!"

One of the other kids chimed in and said, "So because you're too stupid to invent a microchip all humans are too stupid to invent a microchip?"

The class devolved into giggles for a few minutes after that as the teacher tried to regain order.
__________________
Look what I found! There's this whole web site full of skeptics that spun off from the James Randy Education Foundation!
halleyscomet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th September 2016, 12:08 PM   #3036
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing
 
MRC_Hans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 22,524
Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
I don't care, even if he had fall down from the moon


Quote:
He did further studies in Astronomy and Astrophysics at Heidelberg.
http://wiki.naturalphilosophy.org/wi...-henry-dowdye/

https://tallbloke.files.wordpress.co...ianspheres.jpg
Well, you are free to choose your friends, I just tried to help you. You see, frankly, I don't give a damn.

It IS, however still a fact that we have observational evidence of gravitational lensing far beyond any plasma rim, just like the picture I showed you (which is just one of many).

Hans
__________________
Experience is an excellent teacher, but she sends large bills.

Last edited by MRC_Hans; 8th September 2016 at 12:10 PM.
MRC_Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th September 2016, 12:11 PM   #3037
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing
 
MRC_Hans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 22,524
Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
GPS have anomalies,
well known anomalies,
and almost the whole world know about these
caused by as I said - perturbation, space weather , gravitational anomalies of the earth.
But no unexpected relativity anomalies. There are several articles available on the subject, but since you are not going to read them, I won't bother to link to them. If you are interested, find them yourself.

Hans
__________________
Experience is an excellent teacher, but she sends large bills.

Last edited by MRC_Hans; 8th September 2016 at 12:14 PM.
MRC_Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th September 2016, 12:13 PM   #3038
Daylightstar
Philosopher
 
Daylightstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: hic.
Posts: 8,035
Originally Posted by fuelair View Post
all of life!!!
Even all the amoebae, worms and in betweens reading this thread, having observed Man go to the Moon, sent probes to other planets and their moons and build computers, and seeing the op's posts, are saying among themselves, how does that exist?
__________________
homeopathy homicidium
Daylightstar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th September 2016, 12:24 PM   #3039
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing
 
MRC_Hans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 22,524
Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
99,999999999999999999999999999999999999 of the population of the planet is indoctrinated to believe, - there are no more reason to test GPS-relativity..
OK, since the population of Earth is about 7,000,000,000 individuals , it follows that approximately. 0.00000000000000000000000002 person believes in your model.

- Nice self assessment there, Bjarne,

Hans
__________________
Experience is an excellent teacher, but she sends large bills.
MRC_Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 8th September 2016, 01:11 PM   #3040
halleyscomet
Penultimate Amazing
 
halleyscomet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 10,135
Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post
OK, since the population of Earth is about 7,000,000,000 individuals , it follows that approximately. 0.00000000000000000000000002 person believes in your model.

- Nice self assessment there, Bjarne,

Hans
We already knew math wasn't his strong suit. He brags about topping out at Kindergarten math.
__________________
Look what I found! There's this whole web site full of skeptics that spun off from the James Randy Education Foundation!
halleyscomet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:03 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.