IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Biden controversies , Donald Trump Jr. , Hunter Biden , rudy giuliani

Old 2nd May 2021, 02:31 PM   #81
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
According to Rudy's son, the only thing that the FBI didn't take was the laptop belonging to Hunter. Ummm, did he just claim that Giuliani has what would therefore be stolen property in his apartment?
No, because what Rudy has are only copies of HB's hard drives, not HB's actual laptop. That was already taken by the FBI long ago.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2021, 03:09 PM   #82
RecoveringYuppy
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
No, because what Rudy has are only copies of HB's hard drives, not HB's actual laptop. That was already taken by the FBI long ago.
Has it ever been established that the siezed laptop belonged to Hunter Biden?
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2021, 06:08 PM   #83
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by RecoveringYuppy View Post
I can't confirm that. All I can confirm is that the laptop at the repair shop that was reported to be HB's was seized by the FBI.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st March 2022, 07:16 AM   #84
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
You do know that none of this story is probably true, right? Giuliani most likely just made the whole thing up. So what should Hunter Biden say other than what he did?
Have I missed something? Isn't the laptop story still such an obvious piece of total ******** that absolutely everyone is free to just ignore it?
Hunter Biden’s infamous laptop confirmed in New York Times report
Old 21st March 2022, 07:34 AM   #85
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

If the FBI has the laptop, what's the story on it contents? Does a copy exist?
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st March 2022, 07:51 AM   #86
RecoveringYuppy
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Puppycow View Post
But that's a link to the NY Post not the NY Times and it is lying about what the actual situation is. Just go to Wikipedia for actual facts about the real world.
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st March 2022, 08:22 AM   #87
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

But that's a link to the NY Post not the NY Times and it is lying about what the actual situation is. Just go to Wikipedia for actual facts about the real world.
Pretty informative: Wiki: Biden–Ukraine conspiracy theory (Redirected from Hunter Biden laptop controversy).
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st March 2022, 09:17 AM   #88
eerok
Quixoticist

Looks like GOP propagandists are trying to squeeze some blood out of the corpse of a failed disinfo campaign. It's midterm year, so expect more of the same.
Old 21st March 2022, 12:42 PM   #89
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

The Four Seasons landscaping is having a spring sale.

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st March 2022, 03:34 PM   #90
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing

The NY Times article is behind a paywall for me.
Old 22nd March 2022, 12:23 AM   #91
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Puppycow View Post
This is the end for Biden. The Times never wanted him as President and they have finally decided to accept the evidence now. Amendment 25 time?

Last edited by Brainster; 22nd March 2022 at 12:26 AM.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2022, 12:34 AM   #92
EaglePuncher
Banned

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
This is the end for Biden. The Times never wanted him as President and they have finally decided to accept the evidence now. Amendment 25 time?
I'm sure this post will age well. At least we will get a huge pile of "Biden soon to be impeached because of his sons laptop" up to "Ukraine war because of Hunter Biden".

Will be very entertaining.
EaglePuncher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2022, 01:01 AM   #93
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Old 22nd March 2022, 04:27 AM   #94
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

As we used to say back in 2011: “This is the break the Romney campaign has been waiting for!”

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2022, 10:56 AM   #95
Bogative
Master Poster

In my opinion, this may be a little premature. Have you seen Heels-up Harris' public appearances lately? She makes Dotard Biden look like an intellectual powerhouse in comparison.
Old 22nd March 2022, 01:45 PM   #96
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
If the laptop is Hunter Biden's (as the Times is now confirming) then there are certainly some interesting questions to be asked about the identity of "the big guy" who was supposed to get 10%.

Quote:
Oneida would be split according to an email sent by James Gilliar to the group on May 13, 2017, laying out the distribution of shares.

“The equity will be distributed as follows,” wrote Gilliar, listing the shares in percentages.

“20 H [Hunter]

“20 RW [Walker]

“20 JG [Gilliar]

“20 TB [Bobulinski]

“10 Jim [Biden]

“10 held by H for the big guy.”
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2022, 01:54 PM   #97
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Bogative View Post
In my opinion, this may be a little premature. Have you seen Heels-up Harris' public appearances lately? She makes Dotard Biden look like an intellectual powerhouse in comparison.
I have a hard time seeing any other interpretation. Let's remember the laptop story was so explosive that the media buried it and Twitter blocked the NY Post from its account, despite the fact that nobody in the Biden camp ever denied that it was in fact Hunter's laptop. They even rounded up a bunch of "intelligence professionals" to sign a letter saying the laptop story was classic Russian disinformation. And now, some 16 months after the election, suddenly the Times gets interested in the laptop story?
Old 22nd March 2022, 01:54 PM   #98
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

If the laptop is Hunter Biden's (as the Times is now confirming) then there are certainly some interesting questions to be asked about the identity of "the big guy" who was supposed to get 10%.
Do you not build tithing into every deal you make?

Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2022, 02:04 PM   #99
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Bogative View Post
First "Pedo Biden" and now "Heels-up Harris". Frankly, the use of these terms says more about the user than either Biden or Harris.
Old 22nd March 2022, 02:30 PM   #100
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

The problem here is the chain of custody and lack of any control over faking the evidence.

In addition, there is not only no corroborating evidence, there is the opposite, evidence Hunter exerted no influence over his father's political actions. At most Hunter misled people who put him on their payroll/boards.

Obama said it looked bad, that was about it.
Old 22nd March 2022, 08:43 PM   #101
mgidm86
Philosopher

Hilarious.

In one corner we have the worst president in the history of the country. Tried to steal an election, supported a coup attempt, has no brain, surrounds himself with criminals. Dumb ones, at that.

In the other corner we have Biden. Something about a laptop, and Hunter did something or other.

I don't give a ****. Biden was the man that dethroned Trump, and if that's all it turns out that he's good for, I am 100% fine with that. I don't give a **** about the laptop.

There is no argument to be made against Biden when the alternative was the disaster that is Trump.

When people attack Biden like this as some of the braindead dorks in this forum do, I think to myself that they must like Trump better. How is that possible? Hate Biden, sure, be conservative, but gawdamn if you still carry a torch for Trump you're _________ (fill in the blank, I already got a warning)

Last edited by mgidm86; 22nd March 2022 at 08:48 PM.
mgidm86 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd March 2022, 12:17 AM   #102
Joecool
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
This was very interesting. Here's the guy in the flesh that we've mostly only heard soundbites about.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

He's written a book putting everything out in the open, or at least as out in the open as a person admitting to all their crack cocaine use can.

Oddly enough, he truly doesn't know if that is his laptop or not.

Compared to Donny Jr, Hunter Biden is pretty classy at the moment.
-
Now that Hunter was shown to be lying thru his teeth, none of the mainstream news has the integrity to fess up. The liberal NY times finally posted an article, although it wasn't in the headlines.
Joecool is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd March 2022, 01:00 AM   #103
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Joecool View Post
Now that Hunter was shown to be lying thru his teeth, none of the mainstream news has the integrity to fess up. The liberal NY times finally posted an article, although it wasn't in the headlines.
I would think Trump supporters would find that a positive.
Old 23rd March 2022, 06:15 AM   #104
RecoveringYuppy
Penultimate Amazing

What do you think was headline material??
Old 23rd March 2022, 07:09 AM   #105
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

What is the story here?
Didn't we already know the FBI have a laptop?
We haven't had any more news on whatever is supposed to be on it
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd March 2022, 07:11 AM   #106
RecoveringYuppy
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Didn't we already know the FBI have a laptop?
Uh, yeah. And that's as easy to figure out as going to the Wikipedia article on the matter.
Old 30th March 2022, 11:16 PM   #107
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

The Washington Post runs with a story about millions of dollars going from a Chinese company to accounts controlled by Hunter Biden:

Quote:
The Post analysis included forensic work by two outside experts who assessed the authenticity of numerous emails related to the CEFC matter. In addition, The Post found that financial documents on the copy of Hunter Biden’s purported laptop match documents and information found in other records, including newly disclosed bank documents obtained by Sen. Charles E. Grassley of Iowa, a senior Republican on the Senate Finance and Judiciary committees.

The potential energy projects Hunter Biden discussed with CEFC never came to fruition.

Nonetheless, accounts linked to Hunter Biden received at least $3.79 million in payments from CEFC through consulting contracts, according to bank records and joint agreements reviewed by The Post.
Remember that's the Washington Post, not the NY Post. The walls are closing in on Joe Biden!
Old 30th March 2022, 11:31 PM   #108
Lurch
Master Poster

The Washington Post runs with a story about millions of dollars going from a Chinese company to accounts controlled by Hunter Biden:

Remember that's the Washington Post, not the NY Post. The walls are closing in on Joe Biden!
I thought it was the "sins of the father" visited upon the son, not the other way round.

More seriously, though. If Hunter is taking advantage of his family name but is otherwise operating independently...
Lurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th March 2022, 11:31 PM   #109
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Why on Joe Biden? Did any of these show Pres. Biden was involved? The article doesn't say so. In fact it says "The Post did not find evidence that Joe Biden personally benefited from or knew details about the transactions with CEFC, which took place after he had left the vice presidency and before he announced his intentions to run for the White House in 2020."

From the article, it was James and Hunter Biden who were involved with this. Even then, there was no claim that either had done anything illegal.
Old 30th March 2022, 11:44 PM   #110
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
I thought it was the "sins of the father" visited upon the son, not the other way round.

More seriously, though. If Hunter is taking advantage of his family name but is otherwise operating independently...
But why is the WaPo running with it now, and the Times about 10 days ago? The laptop story was actually pretty much dead and buried, but now suddenly both of our biggest liberal mouthpieces greatest newspapers can't resist reporting on this 16-month-old timely story?

Last edited by Brainster; 30th March 2022 at 11:48 PM.
Old 30th March 2022, 11:45 PM   #111
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

But why is the WaPo running with it now, and the Times about 10 days ago? The laptop story was actually pretty much dead and buried, but now suddenly both of our
biggest liberal mouthpieces
greatest newspapers can't resist reporting on this crucial story?
"Crucial"? How is it crucial?
Old 31st March 2022, 06:17 AM   #112
RecoveringYuppy
Penultimate Amazing

But why is the WaPo running with it now, and the Times about 10 days ago?
Because they are reporting on something that is happening now.
Old 31st March 2022, 01:39 PM   #113
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Only if you are a lying Rump follower.
Old 1st April 2022, 12:06 AM   #114
Joecool
Master Poster

If people take off the CNN rose colored glasses, they will see that Biden and Hunter are far more corrupt than anything Trump did. If that laptop belonged to Donald Trump jr. would the mainstream news call it "Russian disinformation" or would it be on CNN and MSN, ABC, CBS and NBC 24/7?

Trump might be corrupt, but he made his money before entering politics while Biden and son made their money because they were in politics. Well, Hunter used Joke Biden to make his money. That much is clear. And Joke lied about not knowing about it,
Joecool is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st April 2022, 12:18 AM   #115
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
I find the fascination with politician's family members pretty gross.

One of the supposed benefits of a Biden admin is that he isn't staffing up the place with his dimwitted spawn like Trump did. There's no reason why the public should have to be familiar with these children of powerful people.

If I never have to hear about the failson Hunter ever again, that would be swell.
Yeah, there should be a rule in politics that unless you do more than the proforma support to your political family member, you're off limits. I've said the most awful things imaginable about Trump's nits who grew into lice. But I've never said anything about Tiffany and certainly not about Barron. The three oldest and the Kushner boy became part of Trump's political machine and are fair game. Hunter isn't really involved in his dad's political operation and should be left alone.
Old 1st April 2022, 01:07 AM   #116
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

No Proof the Laptop isn't just another Russian Fakes using some Real Emails from servers that were already known to be hacked long ago.
You have to prove more than just a couple of Emails when dealing with a Russian Disinformation campaign. This could simply be another salted well.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st April 2022, 01:55 AM   #117
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

If people take off the CNN rose colored glasses, they will see that Biden and Hunter are far more corrupt than anything Trump did. If that laptop belonged to Donald Trump jr. would the mainstream news call it "Russian disinformation" or would it be on CNN and MSN, ABC, CBS and NBC 24/7?
Oh, you mean like this?

Quote:
Federal investigation of Hunter Biden heats up
By Evan Perez and Katelyn Polantz, CNN
Quote:
"New York Times finally confirms Hunter Biden's laptop after dismissing it amid 2020 campaign"
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/new-york-times-finally-confirms-hunter-bidens-laptop-after-dismissing-it-amid-2020-campaign/ar-AAVcFRL?li=BBnb7Kz

ABC News’ Pierre Thomas debriefs on the latest details from a grand jury hearing testimony about the business dealings of the president’s son.
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Quote:
New details in Hunter Biden federal investigation
Multiple sources say the federal investigation into Hunter Biden's business practices is broader than previously known. The probe is exploring whether Biden and his associates violated tax, money laundering and foreign lobbying laws. Catherine Herridge takes a look.
https://www.cbsnews.com/video/new-details-in-hunter-biden-federal-investigation/

Quote:
NBC News

What once began as an investigation to see if Hunter Biden paid taxes, has now broadened with a growing number of witnesses called before a grand jury, according to people familiar with the investigation. The investigation is being run by the U.S. attorney in Delaware, a hold-over from the Trump Administration. Officials say it’s far from being over.

Trump might be corrupt,
MIGHT be? ROTFLMAO!!

but he made his money before entering politics while Biden and son made their money because they were in politics. Well, Hunter used Joke Biden to make his money. That much is clear. And Joke lied about not knowing about it,
I hate to burst your bubble, but everything on that laptop related to Hunter's dealings with China happened after Joe left the office of VP and before he ran for POTUS in 2020.

"The Post did not find evidence that Joe Biden personally benefited from or knew details about the transactions with CEFC, which took place after he had left the vice presidency and before he announced his intentions to run for the White House in 2020."

Yeah, Trump hasn't made any money from being in politics:

Quote:
Mr. Trump’s overall war chest entering 2022 stood at $122 million — more than double the cash on hand of the Republican National Committee itself — as he continued to solicit his online supporters with the same pace and intensity of the heat of the campaign.

While his $122 million are stored in federal accounts that legally cannot be spent on a presidential run, loose rules allow him to fully fund his political operation for now, including paying for rallies, television ads and even direct money to his own businesses.
This doesn't even account for the money his golf courses and hotels made during his presidency when those businesses charged the government (AKA tax payers) for rooms, banquet facilities, golf carts, etc. for his staff, secret service, etc.

Yeah, so tell us all again how Trump didn't make money off politics. Pull the other one , Joe. It's got bells on.
Old 1st April 2022, 03:57 AM   #118
Tero
Master Poster

If there is a laptop and there is an email in, that does not prove that the words in the email have any truth to them. You can't take an email to court. You need a paper trail to prove any $$ moved to Biden. Plus, it is all Hunter Biden. There is no proof of daddy Biden anywhere.

The conspiracy theory remains a conspiracy theory.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biden%...spiracy_theory

Politics blog: https://esapolitics.blogspot.com/
Parody: http://karireport.blogspot.com/
Poll: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...proval-rating/
Tero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st April 2022, 08:48 AM   #119
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Impeach Hunter Biden!

Old 1st April 2022, 08:54 AM   #120
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by Dr. Keith View Post
Impeach Hunter Biden!
For all his frailties, he'd still make a better president than Trump.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics