IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Reply
Old 21st November 2022, 10:27 PM   #361
johnny karate
... and your little dog too.
 
johnny karate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 15,756
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
Great, let's step over the crushed pearls and address the issues, then.

So what specific points from stacy's quotes do you disagree with?
Moronic right wing culture war nonsense doesn’t interest me enough to bother.

All I ask is that you and everyone like you continues to think these are important issues that anyone else cares about. I like watching you guys lose elections.
johnny karate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st November 2022, 10:34 PM   #362
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian
 
The Great Zaganza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 18,985
so you are okay that Walker gets his definition of Male and Female from the Bible?
Not so Atheist now, are you Warp?
__________________
"The only true paradise is paradise lost"
Marcel Proust
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st November 2022, 10:37 PM   #363
Warp12
King of Kings
 
Warp12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 7,002
Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
so you are okay that Walker gets his definition of Male and Female from the Bible?
Not so Atheist now, are you Warp?

It doesn't matter to me where he gets it, so long as it is accurate.
__________________
Cancel my subscription to the resurrection.
Warp12 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st November 2022, 10:40 PM   #364
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian
 
The Great Zaganza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 18,985
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
It doesn't matter to me where he gets it, so long as it is accurate.
that explains a lot about you.
__________________
"The only true paradise is paradise lost"
Marcel Proust
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st November 2022, 10:42 PM   #365
Warp12
King of Kings
 
Warp12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 7,002
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
It doesn't matter to me where he gets it, so long as it is accurate.

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
that explains a lot about you.

I sure hope so.
__________________
Cancel my subscription to the resurrection.
Warp12 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st November 2022, 10:47 PM   #366
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian
 
The Great Zaganza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 18,985
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
I sure hope so.
yep, you don't care that your Representatives get their facts from the Bible.
As long as you agree with them.
__________________
"The only true paradise is paradise lost"
Marcel Proust
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st November 2022, 10:49 PM   #367
Warp12
King of Kings
 
Warp12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 7,002
Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
yep, you don't care that your Representatives get their facts from the Bible.
As long as you agree with them.

Why would I condemn truth? No matter the source, it is better than falsehood, right?

Odd argument.
__________________
Cancel my subscription to the resurrection.
Warp12 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st November 2022, 10:51 PM   #368
johnny karate
... and your little dog too.
 
johnny karate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 15,756
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
Why would I condemn truth? No matter the source, it is better than falsehood, right?

Odd argument.
Anti-science for the win!
johnny karate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st November 2022, 10:56 PM   #369
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian
 
The Great Zaganza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 18,985
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
Why would I condemn truth? No matter the source, it is better than falsehood, right?

Odd argument.
I see - you think that the Bible always holds The Truth, and so it's fine for Senators to be lead by it.
Just like any atheist would ...

the fact that you don't see the problem IS The Problem.
__________________
"The only true paradise is paradise lost"
Marcel Proust
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st November 2022, 11:03 PM   #370
Warp12
King of Kings
 
Warp12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 7,002
Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
I see - you think that the Bible always holds The Truth, and so it's fine for Senators to be lead by it.
Just like any atheist would ...

the fact that you don't see the problem IS The Problem.
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
Why would I condemn truth? No matter the source, it is better than falsehood, right?

Odd argument.

I never said "the bible always holds the truth".

I am not even a Christian, lol. I don't engage in such preposterous folly.

Can you tell me, what part of Walker's words, as quoted by stacy, you disagree with?
__________________
Cancel my subscription to the resurrection.

Last edited by Warp12; 21st November 2022 at 11:05 PM.
Warp12 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st November 2022, 11:12 PM   #371
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian
 
The Great Zaganza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 18,985
Warp, simple question, as simple as I can make it:

is it okay for WALKER to get his facts from the bible, or even just to declare that the bible is where he gets his facts from?
Don't you think that this is not only deluded, but also a direct violation of the church/state separation?
What makes you believe that, should the Bible be in contradiction to US laws (as it so often is), Walker would chose the Rule of Law over Holy Law?

Is that not something you would like to know before supporting someone for Senate?
__________________
"The only true paradise is paradise lost"
Marcel Proust

Last edited by The Great Zaganza; 21st November 2022 at 11:14 PM.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st November 2022, 11:16 PM   #372
Warp12
King of Kings
 
Warp12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 7,002
Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
Warp, simple question, as simple as I can make it:

is it okay for WALKER to get his facts from the bible, or even just to declare that the bible is where he gets his facts from?
Don't you think that this is not only deluded, but also a direct violation of the church/state separation?

So, you think that no person with religious beliefs should be able to hold office?

Very interesting.

And you still haven't told me what points he presented, from stacy's quotes, you disagree with.
__________________
Cancel my subscription to the resurrection.
Warp12 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st November 2022, 11:23 PM   #373
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian
 
The Great Zaganza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 18,985
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
So, you think that no person with religious beliefs should be able to hold office?

Very interesting.

And you still haven't told me what points he presented, from stacy's quotes, you disagree with.
again, you are evading, probably because you realize you are on thin ice.

we are talking FACTS, not believes.

and you can't tell the difference.
or, more precisely, chose not to when it suits you.

face it, you are a Christian fundamentalist in all but name.
__________________
"The only true paradise is paradise lost"
Marcel Proust
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st November 2022, 11:25 PM   #374
johnny karate
... and your little dog too.
 
johnny karate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 15,756
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
So, you think that no person with religious beliefs should be able to hold office?

Very interesting.

And you still haven't told me what points he presented, from stacy's quotes, you disagree with.
Yes, let’s all engage in Warp12’s very serious inquiry into the validity of Walker’s transphobic nonsense that he learned from the Bible.

After that, we can discuss the nuances of Walker’s policy stance he exprsssed regarding vampires and werewolves.
johnny karate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st November 2022, 11:37 PM   #375
Warp12
King of Kings
 
Warp12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 7,002
Since nobody has expressed one single point that they disagree with Walker on, from stacy's provided quotes, I have to assume this hate is based upon other issues. I mean, I have asked numerous times.

Some points have already been expressed, such as hatred of religion, that Walker is Christian.
__________________
Cancel my subscription to the resurrection.

Last edited by Warp12; 21st November 2022 at 11:41 PM.
Warp12 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st November 2022, 11:54 PM   #376
welshdean
Michael McDonald 1967 - 2021
 
welshdean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 4,208
And yet you were the only one to conflate his 'accent' with ignorant, southern, black folks.

I think I and others are taking far more from that, than you take from knowing that nobody here wants to play with you.
__________________
"In science it often happens that scientists say, "You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken," and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion."
Carl Sagan 1934 - 1996 RIP
welshdean is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st November 2022, 11:58 PM   #377
Warp12
King of Kings
 
Warp12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 7,002
Originally Posted by welshdean View Post
And yet you were the only one to conflate his 'accent' with ignorant, southern, black folks.

I think I and others are taking far more from that, than you take from knowing that nobody here wants to play with you.
"Ignorant Southern black folks????

Did you even read the posts? What would method of speech have to do with ignorance? That is exactly my point. Do you disagree with Stacy's quotes...if so, why?
__________________
Cancel my subscription to the resurrection.
Warp12 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 12:05 AM   #378
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian
 
The Great Zaganza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 18,985
Is Walker more Christian than Warnock, an actual Pastor?
__________________
"The only true paradise is paradise lost"
Marcel Proust
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 12:08 AM   #379
Warp12
King of Kings
 
Warp12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 7,002
Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
Is Walker more Christian than Warnock, an actual Pastor?

Does it matter? You were the one criticizing him getting his guidance from the bible.

I am just siding with truth, regardless.
__________________
Cancel my subscription to the resurrection.

Last edited by Warp12; 22nd November 2022 at 12:10 AM.
Warp12 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 12:17 AM   #380
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian
 
The Great Zaganza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 18,985
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
Does it matter? You were the one criticizing him getting his guidance from the bible.

I am just siding with truth, regardless.
The truth that a Werwolf could beat a vampire?
__________________
"The only true paradise is paradise lost"
Marcel Proust
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 12:40 AM   #381
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 27,719
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
What exactly is wrong with what he said, from your quotes?

What specific points are you disputing?

Or are you primarily mocking him for not speaking as articulately as an educated white from the north? I can easily cut through that and get to his points.
Let's get your not-so subtle attempt at throwing racism spaghetti at my wall out of the way:

"More brilliance from Walker:"

Would you please point out exactly in those four words I made a reference, or even a slight hint, to race or geography? Oddly, THAT was you. Revealing.

Now, as to your question as to what I'm 'disputing': I'm pointing out his incoherent babble. Since you don't seem to recognize it as incoherent babble, I'll explain to you why it is:

1.
Quote:
Do y’all know what the definition of an enemy is? A enemy is somebody that don’t like you.
No, an enemy is not someone you don't like. I don't like my neighbor down the street, but she's certainly not my 'enemy'.

2.
Quote:
But they been telling you they don’t know the definition of a woman either. So think about that either. They don’t know the definition of a woman.
Nope. We know the definition of a woman: an adult biological woman. What Walker obviously was referring to was Marsh Blackburn's attempted "gotcha" question to SC nominee Ketanji Brown Jackson. Just more dog whistling to all the transphobic bigots out there.

3.
Quote:
But I’m going to tell you the definition of a woman. Because it written in my great book. It said ‘a man and a woman.’ And there’s a difference between the two of them. So that’s the reason men shouldn’t be in women’s sport—here’s a difference.
By what stretch of the imagination is 'a man and a woman' a definition of woman? Then he tell us in all his brilliance that there's a 'difference' between men and women and men shouldn't be in women's sports. But his brain injury makes him incapable of complex thought.

4.
Quote:
But then, yet, they trying to tell you a man could get pregnant. Get that out of your head. No, he can’t. No, he can’t.
Um...no. Who is doing that? What little voice in his head is hearing that?

5.
Quote:
All they’re trying to do is take you down in that elevator, take you down in that elevator and lie to you. But I’m going to tell you right now, I’m not going to lie to you. I’m going to tell you, we’re in a mess. We’re in a mess because we put weak leaders in Washington. Weak leaders in Washington that not representing us.
He's not going to lie to us? Do I really need to explain to you why that is a lie itself?


Following me so far? OK? Let's move on....

6.
Quote:
“I’m going to tell you this, if we don’t support our military, we will have no strength. And I can guarantee we’ll have no peace. Because that what is happening right now.
What is happening right now? We don't have peace because we're not supporting our military?


7.
Quote:
They have talked about Senator Warnock not talked about bringing pronouns into our military.
Wot? It's hard to even parse that sentence. Our military doesn't use pronouns? Warnock doesn't want the military to use pronouns?

8.
Quote:
Pronouns. What the heck is a pronoun? I can tell you right now, grenades don’t know nothing about no pronouns. Bullets don’t know what color your skin is. But yet they talking about pronouns. I’m still doing pushups and sit ups. That’s what we need to have them doing. Pushups and sit ups, not pronouns.”
Walker doesn't know what a pronoun is? What the hell do grenades and bullets have to do with pronouns and the color of someone's skin? Hmmm...I didn't know one could 'do' pronouns.

So there ya have it, Warp. This man is not fit mentally to be a US senator. He's obviously been fed some talking points and he can't even make a cogent speech about them. Why do the Republicans want him in the Senate? Because they will be able to manipulate him like a child.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 12:42 AM   #382
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 27,719
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
Since nobody has expressed one single point that they disagree with Walker on, from stacy's provided quotes, I have to assume this hate is based upon other issues. I mean, I have asked numerous times.

Some points have already been expressed, such as hatred of religion, that Walker is Christian.
I've answered you in detail.

By the way, your act got old a long time ago. How about a new song and dance?
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 12:45 AM   #383
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 27,719
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
Does it matter? You were the one criticizing him getting his guidance from the bible.

I am just siding with truth, regardless.
No, you're pot stirring, Mr. Anton.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 12:46 AM   #384
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 27,719
Walker gets his guidance from the Bible about as much as "Two Corinthians" Trump.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 06:10 AM   #385
Fast Eddie B
Philosopher
 
Fast Eddie B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Lenoir City, TN/Mineral Bluff, GA
Posts: 7,355
Originally Posted by johnny karate View Post

After that, we can discuss the nuances of Walker’s policy stance he exprsssed regarding vampires and werewolves.
And then we can “think about” why there are still monkeys!
Fast Eddie B is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 06:36 AM   #386
Fast Eddie B
Philosopher
 
Fast Eddie B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Lenoir City, TN/Mineral Bluff, GA
Posts: 7,355
Re: Marsha Blackburn…

She’s one of my Senators. She routinely posts scripture, without comment, on Twitter.

My comments have ranged from “You are my Senator, not my pastor”, to “Now quote something for your Muslim, Hindu, Jewish and Sikh constituents”.

As an aside, Ronny Jackson, Marco Rubio and others do the same thing. It’s like they don’t know or don’t care a whit about their non-Christian constituents.
Fast Eddie B is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 07:17 AM   #387
arayder
Illuminator
 
arayder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,146
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
Does it matter? You were the one criticizing him getting his guidance from the bible.

I am just siding with truth, regardless.
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
No, you're pot stirring, Mr. Anton.
Here's the play by play:

Stacyhs posts a part of a Walker speech and bemoans the rambling and incoherent stump speech.

Wanting to change the discussion to anything else Warp infers that the criticism is racist.

Posters point out that Warp may well be projecting his own racism into this, his latest debate ploy.

Warp feigns indignation at the suggestion and says he's just getting at the facts. He insists that folks tell him exactly what is wrong with Walker's speech.

When nobody bites he tries the "Ya'll just hate Christians!" ploy even thought he is a self proclaimed atheist.

Stacyhs tells Warp, in detail, exactly what he doesn't like about Walker's speech, none of which is racially motivated.

With nothing left to stir Warp flees the thread.

Last edited by arayder; 22nd November 2022 at 08:25 AM.
arayder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 07:45 AM   #388
The Don
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Don's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Sir Fynwy
Posts: 35,467
Originally Posted by Fast Eddie B View Post
Re: Marsha Blackburn…

She’s one of my Senators. She routinely posts scripture, without comment, on Twitter.

My comments have ranged from “You are my Senator, not my pastor”, to “Now quote something for your Muslim, Hindu, Jewish and Sikh constituents”.

As an aside, Ronny Jackson, Marco Rubio and others do the same thing. It’s like they don’t know or don’t care a whit about their non-Christian constituents.
They don't. In part it's because to religious zealots, those from other religions or with no religion aren't really people. Another factor is that their scripture quoting is there to court the religious right and keep them on side and voting. non-Christians (or those of the wrong flavour) are a lost cause.
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 08:07 AM   #389
arayder
Illuminator
 
arayder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,146
Originally Posted by The Don View Post
They don't. In part it's because to religious zealots, those from other religions or with no religion aren't really people. Another factor is that their scripture quoting is there to court the religious right and keep them on side and voting. non-Christians (or those of the wrong flavour) are a lost cause.
I have tried to send Islamic religious and cultural quotes to my Muslim friends and they tell me it's clear I don't completely understand exactly what the quotes mean. It's the context of the quote that I struggle with.

I'd figure that it would help a congressional office sending out Muslim, Hindu, Jewish, or Sikh quotes to have a diverse staff or at least a source that would pick and edit the quotes.
arayder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 08:41 AM   #390
johnny karate
... and your little dog too.
 
johnny karate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 15,756
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
Since nobody has expressed one single point that they disagree with Walker on, from stacy's provided quotes, I have to assume this hate is based upon other issues. I mean, I have asked numerous times.

Some points have already been expressed, such as hatred of religion, that Walker is Christian.
Just did a quick search for the terms "hate" and "hatred" in this thread. No one has expressed hatred for Walker.

Interestingly enough, one of the posts that came up in the search was you celebrating hatred of Democrats:
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
The funny part is, so many voters hate the Dems that he still has a decent shot. It is almost unimaginable....until you look at how far out-of-touch the Dems are.

Let's follow the pattern here: A conservative delights in hatred towards their enemies, because hatred is apparently a good thing when directed at someone with whom they are ideologically opposed. But then that same conservative perceives any criticism directed at another conservative as "hatred", and positions that conservative as a victim.

Tracks perfectly. Absolutely textbook.
johnny karate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 08:45 AM   #391
johnny karate
... and your little dog too.
 
johnny karate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 15,756
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
Does it matter? You were the one criticizing him getting his guidance from the bible.

I am just siding with truth, regardless.
It wasn't "guidance from the Bible", it was using the Bible as a scientific text.

Even someone pretending to be an atheist should know how stupid that is.

Last edited by johnny karate; 22nd November 2022 at 09:20 AM.
johnny karate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 09:29 AM   #392
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing
 
thaiboxerken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 32,379
Trying to defend Walker's stupidity isn't a good idea.

If you touch poop, you get poop on yourself.
__________________
1. He'd never do that. 2. Okay but he's not currently doing it. 3. Okay but he's not currently technically doing it. 4. Okay but everyone does it. 5. He's doing it, we can't stop him, no point in complaining about it. 6. We all knew he was going to do it which... makes it okay somehow. 7. It's perfectly fine that's he's doing it.
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 09:32 AM   #393
Warp12
King of Kings
 
Warp12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 7,002
Originally Posted by thaiboxerken View Post
Trying to defend Walker's stupidity isn't a good idea.

If you touch poop, you get poop on yourself.

Yet oddly the race Is neck-and-neck.
__________________
Cancel my subscription to the resurrection.
Warp12 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 09:38 AM   #394
johnny karate
... and your little dog too.
 
johnny karate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 15,756
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
Yet oddly the race Is neck-and-neck.
Is your point that if enough people share the same opinion then that opinion must be correct? Or are you just marveling at the number of dumbass Republicans in this country?
johnny karate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 09:41 AM   #395
Warp12
King of Kings
 
Warp12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 7,002
Originally Posted by Stacyhs
So there ya have it, Warp. This man is not fit mentally to be a US senator. He's obviously been fed some talking points and he can't even make a cogent speech about them. Why do the Republicans want him in the Senate? Because they will be able to manipulate him like a child.

I have no problem understanding his points, but I don't want to turn this into a debate that revolves around gender. Too ugly, and there are other threads for it.

It still seems to me that you are primarily dogging his words because he is not as articulate as you would like. I'm sticking by that assertion.

As far as him being manipulated like a child....well there are further undertones there...but I'm going to let that go.
__________________
Cancel my subscription to the resurrection.

Last edited by Warp12; 22nd November 2022 at 09:45 AM.
Warp12 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 09:43 AM   #396
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian
 
The Great Zaganza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 18,985
They are not His Points - he is not allowed to talk without a Minder - for obvious reasons.
__________________
"The only true paradise is paradise lost"
Marcel Proust
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 09:46 AM   #397
Parsman
Muse
 
Parsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bonnie Scotland
Posts: 859
Seen from abroad, Walker is under educated and seems to have hit his head too often in the game of American Football. His speeches are rambling and largely incoherent. Like Trump he seems to show no curiosity about the real world, although he seems quite keen on imaginary beings like vampires, werewolves and god. The only reason anyone could vote for him is party affiliation, and unfortunately too many Georgia Republicans do follow that reason and make this senate race much closer than it should be in any sane political system.
__________________
I was not; I have been; I am not; I am content - Epicurus

When you're dead you don't know that you're dead, all the pain is felt by others....................the same thing happens when you're stupid.
Parsman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 09:47 AM   #398
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity
 
Crossbow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Charleston, WV
Posts: 14,308
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
Yet oddly the race Is neck-and-neck.
Temporary public support is a poor indicator of future performance.

For example, Hitler was very popular in Germany for a while, and look how that ended.
__________________
On 29JUL2022, 'Gaetan' said: "We all know here that the moderators are for the use of firearms and they don't mind if some people recieve a bullet in their head."

On 15FEB2019 'BobTheCoward' said: "I constantly assert I am a fool."

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 09:47 AM   #399
johnny karate
... and your little dog too.
 
johnny karate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 15,756
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
I have no problem understanding his points, but I don't want to turn this into a debate that revolves around gender. Too ugly, and there are other threads for it.

It still seems to me that you are primarily dogging his words because he is not as articulate as you would like. I'm sticking by that assertion.

As far as him being manipulated like a child....well there are further undertones there...but I'm going to let that go.
The guy you're defending as articulate and intelligent gave a speech about vampires and werewolves at a campaign stop last week.

But sure, racism is the real reason he's being criticized.
johnny karate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 09:53 AM   #400
Warp12
King of Kings
 
Warp12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 7,002
Originally Posted by johnny karate View Post
The guy you're defending as articulate and intelligent gave a speech about vampires and werewolves at a campaign stop last week.

You have to admit that the speech was oddly amusing. I knew the movie references he was making, but it did drag on for a bit.

I have never accused Walker of being brilliant, or even sane. But I can still decipher when he is making a valid point. I don't automatically mock him because of his speaking style; I have known plenty of reasonably intelligent people who are not very articulate.
__________________
Cancel my subscription to the resurrection.
Warp12 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:40 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.