IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Reply
Old 22nd November 2022, 09:58 AM   #401
johnny karate
... and your little dog too.
 
johnny karate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 15,756
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
You have to admit that the speech was oddly amusing. I knew the movie references he was making, but it did drag on for a bit.

I have never accused Walker of being brilliant, or even sane. But I can still decipher when he is making a valid point. I don't automatically mock him because of his speaking style; I have known plenty of reasonably intelligent people who are not very articulate.
The guy you're defending as "reasonably intelligent" gave a speech about vampires and werewolves at a campaign stop last week.
johnny karate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 10:19 AM   #402
wareyin
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Georgia, USA
Posts: 10,573
Originally Posted by johnny karate View Post
The guy you're defending as articulate and intelligent gave a speech about vampires and werewolves at a campaign stop last week.

But sure, racism is the real reason he's being criticized.
Quite literally, Republicans only rallied behind him because of 2 things: football player in Georgia, and they thought being black would translate to siphoning off enough black voters to win. Republicans honestly think that all they need to do to appeal to black voters in Georgia is nominate a black candidate, no matter how obviously an idiot that candidate is.

Plus, like our resident "conservatives", they think Walker being black gives them ammo to accuse anyone who is critical of Walker's positions, history, ability, or honesty as only taking that position because racists
wareyin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 10:23 AM   #403
Warp12
King of Kings
 
Warp12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 7,002
Originally Posted by wareyin
Plus, like our resident "conservatives", they think Walker being black gives them ammo to accuse anyone who is critical of Walker's positions, history, ability, or honesty as only taking that position because racists

Both parties use such tactics; the Dems a lot more than the GOP.
__________________
Cancel my subscription to the resurrection.
Warp12 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 10:24 AM   #404
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 13,362
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
You have to admit that the speech was oddly amusing.
And, pathetically, this is what it boils down to in the GOP. Will he make a good senator? Who cares, he's amusing. Does he possess the intelligence to work for the people he represents? No, but he's amusing! Can he saying Person, Woman, Man, TV, Camera? Yes! Good, he's amusing, sign him up to represent us!
__________________
“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 10:25 AM   #405
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 13,362
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
Both parties use such tactics; the Dems a lot more than the GOP.
Warp12, using the solid debate tactic of "Nuh uh, you are". Well, well done. Right on par with your standard quality.
__________________
“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 10:27 AM   #406
wareyin
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Georgia, USA
Posts: 10,573
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
Both parties use such tactics; the Dems a lot more than the GOP.
You know, I'm never sure if the whole "you called me a racist for calling that n-word a monkey, but you're just as racist as me if you say Herschel Walker is inarticulate!" thing is an act, or if the person making that argument is literally unable to see the difference.
wareyin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 10:30 AM   #407
Fast Eddie B
Philosopher
 
Fast Eddie B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Lenoir City, TN/Mineral Bluff, GA
Posts: 7,355
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
You have to admit that the speech was oddly amusing.
I don’t have to admit that. It made me sad - both for him and that that’s the level we’re apparently at for what constitutes a viable candidate for Senate.
Fast Eddie B is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 11:19 AM   #408
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!
 
Mike!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
Posts: 47,800
A mind is a terrible thing.
__________________
"Never judge a man until you’ve walked a mile in his shoes...
Because then it won't really matter, you’ll be a mile away and have his shoes."
Mike! is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 12:51 PM   #409
SteveAitch
Muse
 
SteveAitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: St Aines
Posts: 680
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
And, pathetically, this is what it boils down to in the GOP. Will he make a good senator MP? Who cares, he's amusing. Does he possess the intelligence to work for the people he represents? No, but he's amusing! Can he saying Person, Woman, Man, TV, Camera? Yes! Good, he's amusing, sign him up to represent us!
Well, it got Boris into Parliament and No 10.
__________________
If this board is too exciting for you, try my Flickr pages. Warning: may cause narcolepsy!

Some people call me 'strange'. I prefer 'unconventional'. But I'm willing to compromise and accept 'eccentric'...

Last edited by SteveAitch; 22nd November 2022 at 12:52 PM.
SteveAitch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 01:48 PM   #410
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 27,719
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
I have no problem understanding his points,
He had no points. He has been given "points" to talk about that he does not understand. That's why he rambles on with word salads that make no sense. He's a brain damaged man who believes he had multiple personalities, has told numerous lies about his 'accomplishments' in business and academics, is delusional about being a deputy, has fathered multiple children by multiple women while being married and accused by two women of paying for abortions. He is being used by Republicans... or do you think Graham, Cruz, Kemp, Huckabee, Scott, Cotton, et al really believe he is fit to be a US Senator?

Quote:
but I don't want to turn this into a debate that revolves around gender. Too ugly, and there are other threads for it.
I never mentioned "gender". In truth, you don't want to continue this at all because you backed yourself into a corner that you can't get out of.

Quote:
It still seems to me that you are primarily dogging his words because he is not as articulate as you would like. I'm sticking by that assertion.
A perfect example of someone just digging in on being wrong rather than admit he's wrong. You either saw what you wanted to see or your mischaracterizing what I said as 'racism' was done with intent. I know which one I suspect.

Quote:
As far as him being manipulated like a child....well there are further undertones there...but I'm going to let that go.
You just do that. Because your 'further undertones' don't exist any more than your accusation that I was "mocking him for not speaking as articulately as an educated white from the north".
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 01:59 PM   #411
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 27,719
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
You have to admit that the speech was oddly amusing. I knew the movie references he was making, but it did drag on for a bit.

I have never accused Walker of being brilliant, or even sane. But I can still decipher when he is making a valid point. I don't automatically mock him because of his speaking style; I have known plenty of reasonably intelligent people who are not very articulate.
OK... go on and decipher what points he was making in that incoherent speech.

No one was mocking him for his speaking style regardless of how often you repeat that. It was the content, or rather lack of, and lack of cogency that is being discussed.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 02:02 PM   #412
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 27,719
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
Both parties use such tactics; the Dems a lot more than the GOP.
Ah. The "both sides do it" resort. OK...name a brain damaged candidate with similar symptoms and history to Walker's that the Dems have nominated as a Congressmember.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 02:04 PM   #413
mgidm86
Philosopher
 
mgidm86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 7,922
Originally Posted by arayder View Post
Here's the play by play:

Stacyhs posts a part of a Walker speech and bemoans the rambling and incoherent stump speech.

Wanting to change the discussion to anything else Warp infers that the criticism is racist.

Posters point out that Warp may well be projecting his own racism into this, his latest debate ploy.

Warp feigns indignation at the suggestion and says he's just getting at the facts. He insists that folks tell him exactly what is wrong with Walker's speech.

When nobody bites he tries the "Ya'll just hate Christians!" ploy even thought he is a self proclaimed atheist.

Stacyhs tells Warp, in detail, exactly what he doesn't like about Walker's speech, none of which is racially motivated.

With nothing left to stir Warp flees the thread.
I see it this way:

- Warp says anything at all.

- Everyone on the forum has to jump in for an easy target or gotcha.

- Nobody can bring themselves to do anything but complain about trolling as they reply to him. Hello?

Every time someone replies they support this. My complaint is to everyone but Warp. Warp just does what he does.

The threads are way too long because of it....it was like one month of normalcy then bam, pages and pages of attention whoring.
__________________
Thanks and bye.
mgidm86 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 02:44 PM   #414
Warp12
King of Kings
 
Warp12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 7,002
Originally Posted by wareyin View Post
Plus, like our resident "conservatives", they think Walker being black gives them ammo to accuse anyone who is critical of Walker's positions, history, ability, or honesty as only taking that position because racists
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
Both parties use such tactics; the Dems a lot more than the GOP.
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Ah. The "both sides do it" resort. OK...name a brain damaged candidate with similar symptoms and history to Walker's that the Dems have nominated as a Congressmember.

I was speaking about the tactic that wareyin mentioned. Which is to pick a minority candidate (of any variety) for a role, because that provides a degree of armor when it comes to criticisms. You know how that goes, "you are criticizing this person because they are xyz...not because of their policies". It is common.

Remember, I am not saying Walker is a good candidate. But I think there legitimate criticisms, and then there is just pure mockery. And as I stated before, it is just wild that the Dems are despised so much that people will vote for Walker rather than see one in office.
__________________
Cancel my subscription to the resurrection.
Warp12 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 02:48 PM   #415
arayder
Illuminator
 
arayder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,146
Originally Posted by mgidm86 View Post
I see it this way:

- Warp says anything at all.

- Everyone on the forum has to jump in for an easy target or gotcha.

- Nobody can bring themselves to do anything but complain about trolling as they reply to him. Hello?

Every time someone replies they support this. My complaint is to everyone but Warp. Warp just does what he does.

The threads are way too long because of it....it was like one month of normalcy then bam, pages and pages of attention whoring.
He came here to entertain himself and instead is the entertainment.

The irony is too funny. LOL!!!
arayder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 02:55 PM   #416
arayder
Illuminator
 
arayder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,146
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
You just do that. Because your 'further undertones' don't exist any more than your accusation that I was "mocking him for not speaking as articulately as an educated white from the north".
But Walker went the to University of Georgia!

Well, maybe not the library.
arayder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 02:58 PM   #417
Warp12
King of Kings
 
Warp12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 7,002
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
I never mentioned "gender". In truth, you don't want to continue this at all because you backed yourself into a corner that you can't get out of.

I didn't say you did. But you are asking me to explain Walker's points, or what i might agree with, and I can't do that without heavily expanding on that topic. He is the one making those points. And to debate those points would end up in a total derail. Better for other threads, where the points are already being debated.
__________________
Cancel my subscription to the resurrection.
Warp12 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 03:01 PM   #418
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 13,362
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
I didn't say you did. But you are asking me to explain Walker's points, or what i might agree with, and I can't do that without heavily expanding on that topic. He is the one making those points. And to debate those points would end up in a total derail. Better for other threads, where the points are already being debated.
You seem to mention how well "other threads" will be for your arguments but never seem to go to those threads to make your points. Funny, that.

This is a thread about Herschel Walker. It's on-topic to defend what he's saying, which you're obviously doing here. So make your ******* point already or other people should stop engaging. You obviously aren't interested in debating anything. You just want to defend walker, get replies, rinse, repeat. It's ******* annoying.
__________________
“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 03:32 PM   #419
Gulliver Foyle
Muse
 
Gulliver Foyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Cork baaaiii
Posts: 659
Originally Posted by Fast Eddie B View Post
Re: Marsha Blackburn…

She’s one of my Senators. She routinely posts scripture, without comment, on Twitter.

My comments have ranged from “You are my Senator, not my pastor”, to “Now quote something for your Muslim, Hindu, Jewish and Sikh constituents”.

As an aside, Ronny Jackson, Marco Rubio and others do the same thing. It’s like they don’t know or don’t care a whit about their non-Christian constituents.
Frankly they don't care about their christian constituents either.
Gulliver Foyle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 04:59 PM   #420
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing
 
thaiboxerken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 32,379
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
I didn't say you did. But you are asking me to explain Walker's points, or what i might agree with, and I can't do that without heavily expanding on that topic. He is the one making those points. And to debate those points would end up in a total derail. Better for other threads, where the points are already being debated.
He's not making any coherent point other than "democrats are bad." He isn't saying why they are bad, or maybe he is. It's hard to know what his points are because he's incoherent. No one is asking you to explain Walker's points, they're asking you what his points are. You seem to now know what his points are as well.
__________________
1. He'd never do that. 2. Okay but he's not currently doing it. 3. Okay but he's not currently technically doing it. 4. Okay but everyone does it. 5. He's doing it, we can't stop him, no point in complaining about it. 6. We all knew he was going to do it which... makes it okay somehow. 7. It's perfectly fine that's he's doing it.
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 05:14 PM   #421
Warp12
King of Kings
 
Warp12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 7,002
Originally Posted by thaiboxerken View Post
He's not making any coherent point other than "democrats are bad." He isn't saying why they are bad, or maybe he is. It's hard to know what his points are because he's incoherent. No one is asking you to explain Walker's points, they're asking you what his points are. You seem to now know what his points are as well.

I see his commentary, as quoted, as driving home some points about the ludicrous nature of transgenderism. And the silliness of focusing on such things as pronouns in the military, when it is more important to have a well-conditioned force. When he says an enemy is someone that doesn't like you, in colloquial terms he is 100% correct. Also, he is referencing The Bible. These themes appeal to many conservatives.

Now, you may not agree with him...but I feel his comments are easily interpreted. I find it surprising, and very unlikely, that many here are so perplexed. That is why I am fairly confident that people are focused on mocking his use of language, as opposed to his beliefs.

Of course some are happy to do both. It is to be expected.
__________________
Cancel my subscription to the resurrection.

Last edited by Warp12; 22nd November 2022 at 05:19 PM.
Warp12 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 05:54 PM   #422
johnny karate
... and your little dog too.
 
johnny karate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 15,756
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
I see his commentary, as quoted, as driving home some points about the ludicrous nature of transgenderism. And the silliness of focusing on such things as pronouns in the military, when it is more important to have a well-conditioned force. When he says an enemy is someone that doesn't like you, in colloquial terms he is 100% correct. Also, he is referencing The Bible. These themes appeal to many conservatives.

Now, you may not agree with him...but I feel his comments are easily interpreted. I find it surprising, and very unlikely, that many here are so perplexed. That is why I am fairly confident that people are focused on mocking his use of language, as opposed to his beliefs.

Of course some are happy to do both. It is to be expected.
Who said they couldn't interpret what he was trying to say? I think the general consensus is that what he said is stupid. And just because you agree with his stupidity doesn't make it less stupid.
johnny karate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 06:01 PM   #423
Warp12
King of Kings
 
Warp12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 7,002
Originally Posted by johnny karate View Post
Who said they couldn't interpret what he was trying to say?
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
OK... go on and decipher what points he was making in that incoherent speech.

I'm just saying.
__________________
Cancel my subscription to the resurrection.
Warp12 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 06:17 PM   #424
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 27,719
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
I didn't say you did. But you are asking me to explain Walker's points, or what i might agree with, and I can't do that without heavily expanding on that topic.
Then why bring it up in your reply to me?

Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
But you are asking me to explain Walker's points, or what i might agree with, and I can't do that without heavily expanding on that topic. He is the one making those points. And to debate those points would end up in a total derail. Better for other threads, where the points are already being debated.
And yet:


Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
Or are you primarily mocking him for not speaking as articulately as an educated white from the north? I can easily cut through that and get to his points.
Apparently not.


Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
He is the one making those points.
No, as I said before HE is making no points in that incoherent mish mash.


Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
And to debate those points would end up in a total derail. Better for other threads, where the points are already being debated.
So that's the excuse you're going with after clearly stating that you "can easily cut through that and get to his points."

Okey-dokey........
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 06:19 PM   #425
Warp12
King of Kings
 
Warp12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 7,002
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
...

So that's the excuse you're going with after clearly stating that you "can easily cut through that and get to his points."

Okey-dokey........

I addressed his points and motivation. Literally a few posts up from yours.
__________________
Cancel my subscription to the resurrection.
Warp12 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 06:37 PM   #426
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 27,719
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
I see his commentary, as quoted, as driving home some points about the ludicrous nature of transgenderism. And the silliness of focusing on such things as pronouns in the military, when it is more important to have a well-conditioned force. When he says an enemy is someone that doesn't like you, in colloquial terms he is 100% correct. Also, he is referencing The Bible. These themes appeal to many conservatives.
Nah...you're not getting that from what Walker said; you're getting that from comments made by other GOP who spoon fed Walker those points that he has no clue about . Why do I know that? Because none of Walker's comments make sense unless you're already familiar with those talking points.

In "colloquial terms"? Go on, pull the other one there, Warp! You might as well say that when Walker said "I spent time at Quantico, up at the FBI training school. Y’all didn’t know I was an agent? I probably shouldn’t tell you all that. Y’all don’t care. Anyway – hey I’ve been in law enforcement before. So I grab my gun…” it's just "colloquial terms" for "I was never an FBI agent and I never had FBI training".


Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
Now, you may not agree with him...but I feel his comments are easily interpreted. I find it surprising, and very unlikely, that many here are so perplexed. That is why I am fairly confident that people are focused on mocking his use of language, as opposed to his beliefs.
There's nothing to agree with or not agree with in his quoted statements because he makes no coherent points.

No one is perplexed by Walker. What is perplexing is your continued attempt to gaslight us, Mr. Anton.


Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
Of course some are happy to do both. It is to be expected.
Something is to be expected here, but it has nothing to do with us. Just stop.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 06:41 PM   #427
Warp12
King of Kings
 
Warp12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 7,002
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Why do the Republicans want him in the Senate? Because they will be able to manipulate him like a child.
Originally Posted by stacyhs
you're getting that from comments made by other GOP who spoon fed Walker those points that he has no clue about

You know what this sounds like to me? It sounds a lot like:

Originally Posted by Paraphrasing
Walker is just a simple-minded negro from the south. He is too dumb to have his own opinion, or make his own decisions.

Which coincidentally sounds a lot like the position of the party leader:

Originally Posted by Joe Biden
If you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black

How about we don't imply minorities are dim-witted, and unable to make their own decisions? Intentionally or otherwise. Seems to me that Walker is in a deadlocked race for the Senate...and the rest of us are sitting here at the ISF pecking our keyboards.
__________________
Cancel my subscription to the resurrection.

Last edited by Warp12; 22nd November 2022 at 08:19 PM.
Warp12 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 06:41 PM   #428
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 27,719
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
I addressed his points and motivation. Literally a few posts up from yours.
Nope. As I said: Walker has no points. If one were to read Walker's comments alone, without benefit of previous knowledge, neither you nor anyone else would have a clue what the hell he was talking about.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 06:43 PM   #429
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 27,719
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
You know what this sounds like to me? It sounds a lot like:




Which coincidentally sounds a lot like the position of the party leader:




How about we don't imply minorities are dim-witted, and unable to make their own decisions? Intentionally or otherwise. Seems to me that Walker is in a deadlocked race for the Senate...and the rest of us are sitting here at the ISF pecking our keyboards.
You know what? I'm done feeding you. Buh-bye.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2022, 06:06 AM   #430
wareyin
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Georgia, USA
Posts: 10,573
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
I was speaking about the tactic that wareyin mentioned. Which is to pick a minority candidate (of any variety) for a role, because that provides a degree of armor when it comes to criticisms. You know how that goes, "you are criticizing this person because they are xyz...not because of their policies". It is common.
Still pretending to not grok the difference between "Walker is incoherent" and "black people are dumb", I see.
wareyin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2022, 06:15 AM   #431
wareyin
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Georgia, USA
Posts: 10,573
Should we really have a Senator who doesn't know the difference between an election and an erection?
wareyin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2022, 06:21 AM   #432
arayder
Illuminator
 
arayder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,146
Oh, please. . .We are getting a lesson in racial justice from Warp?

The guy who doesn't want latinos, middle easterners and Muslims replacing the European culture in the U.S.?

This is too funny. Par for the course. LOL!!!

Last edited by arayder; 23rd November 2022 at 06:30 AM.
arayder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2022, 07:14 AM   #433
johnny karate
... and your little dog too.
 
johnny karate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 15,756
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
I'm just saying.
That was in response to a post referencing Walker’s speech about vampires and werewolves, that you also defended because there is no bottom.

The primary criticism of Walker is and always has been that he says stupid things in a stupid way. And you claiming that you understand and relate to the stupid things he says is one of your better self-owns.
johnny karate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2022, 07:42 AM   #434
ToddH
Critical Thinker
 
ToddH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 435
Am I the only one that knows the ignore feature exists?
ToddH is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2022, 08:17 AM   #435
wareyin
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Georgia, USA
Posts: 10,573
Originally Posted by ToddH View Post
Am I the only one that knows the ignore feature exists?
As JoeMorgue likes to point out, ignoring the trolls got us Trump. I don't want to risk a man who has an erection for the people in the Senate because I imagine that somehow this time letting dishonest people spout trivially wrong propaganda without anyone pushing back on that won't result in giving power to someone who is clearly incapable of handling it.
wareyin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2022, 08:34 AM   #436
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing
 
varwoche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Puget Sound
Posts: 16,267
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
... How about we don't imply minorities are dim-witted, and unable to make their own decisions? Intentionally or otherwise. Seems to me that Walker is in a deadlocked race for the Senate...and the rest of us are sitting here at the ISF pecking our keyboards.
How about recognizing that an imbecile is an imbecile regardless of race? What happened to color-blindness?

You're cynically injecting race where it doesn't belong.
I don’t want to speak badly of him, because he’s black, but I have to admit, he’s observably stupid.
- Dave Chappelle
__________________
To survive election season on a skeptics forum, one must understand Hymie-the-Robot.
varwoche is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2022, 08:48 AM   #437
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing
 
thaiboxerken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 32,379
Originally Posted by wareyin View Post
Still pretending to not grok the difference between "Walker is incoherent" and "black people are dumb", I see.
To be fair, Walker is the stereotype of black person that conservatives celebrate. They think black men are (or should be) big and dumb and subservient to the conservative cause. Walker is all of those things and they love him for it because he's their black guy and their black guy supports the white supremacist cause while at the same time Walker reinforces the stereotype they want to be true.
__________________
1. He'd never do that. 2. Okay but he's not currently doing it. 3. Okay but he's not currently technically doing it. 4. Okay but everyone does it. 5. He's doing it, we can't stop him, no point in complaining about it. 6. We all knew he was going to do it which... makes it okay somehow. 7. It's perfectly fine that's he's doing it.
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2022, 09:49 AM   #438
johnny karate
... and your little dog too.
 
johnny karate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 15,756
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
How about we don't imply minorities are dim-witted, and unable to make their own decisions?
You are actually the only person here who implied that Walker's dimwittedness can be attributed to his race.
johnny karate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2022, 10:03 AM   #439
arayder
Illuminator
 
arayder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,146
I'd point out that Walker is running against a perfectly intelligent, well educated, well spoken black man, but I am afraid Warp would accuse me of saying that exactly half of adult black males are imbeciles.
arayder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2022, 10:06 AM   #440
bruto
Penultimate Amazing
 
bruto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Way way north of Diddy Wah Diddy
Posts: 33,253
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
You know what this sounds like to me? It sounds a lot like:




Which coincidentally sounds a lot like the position of the party leader:




How about we don't imply minorities are dim-witted, and unable to make their own decisions? Intentionally or otherwise. Seems to me that Walker is in a deadlocked race for the Senate...and the rest of us are sitting here at the ISF pecking our keyboards.
It would sound a lot more like your odd bit of paraphrasing if Walker's opponent were not, so incredibly obviously, also a Black man from the south. This is not about being a Black man from the south. Given the considerable support many have shown for Warnock, it's pretty obviously not about some made-up idea of yours that too many people believe that a Black man from the south cannot think. It's about Walker being a liar and an idiot, and the dubious political stratagem of a party supporting someone they must, if they have two brain cells to rub together, know to be incompetent.

To suggest that Walker is a lying fool, suggestible and manipulable, is not about his race or his education or his geographical origins. It is about him, and the fact that he's a serviceable villain.

e.t.a. I see Arayder has snuck up the nightingale stairs ahead of me, with greater dispatch.
__________________
I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)

"There is another world, but it's in this one." (Paul Eluard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:13 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.