IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 4th October 2022, 07:23 PM   #81
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
Originally Posted by trustbutverify View Post
Why don't they just make violent head trauma a prerequisite for party membership and get it over with.
GQP policies give me head trauma.
Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2022, 10:06 PM   #82
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Tell your Trumpy friends that Walker is a secret Democrat trying to make all the GOP look bad by being so irresponsible and such a pathetic loser. See what happens then.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2022, 12:06 AM   #83
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Tell your Trumpy friends that Walker is a secret Democrat trying to make all the GOP look bad by being so irresponsible and such a pathetic loser. See what happens then.
Nah...tell them he's really BLM and Antifa plants.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2022, 01:52 AM   #84
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
More like a house plant.

But anyway...!
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2022, 02:02 AM   #85
welshdean
Michael McDonald 1967 - 2021

Originally Posted by trustbutverify View Post
Why don't they just make violent head trauma a prerequisite for party membership and get it over with.
Violent head trauma seems to be a common ailment for republicans.

For their spouses unfortunately.
"In science it often happens that scientists say, "You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken," and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion."
Carl Sagan 1934 - 1996 RIP
welshdean is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2022, 05:30 AM   #86
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...

I first read that as “tell them he’s really in BLM and Antifa pants.” Still works

Sent from my volcanic island lair using carrier pigeon.
Old 5th October 2022, 08:36 AM   #87
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

The recent issues with Walker have really exposed the GOP for who they are, though. They are going all in, and there are those who are saying, we don't care what he did, all that matters is that he is a republican and not a nasty democrat, and we need to retake the senate.

What slime.
Old 5th October 2022, 08:55 AM   #88
plague311
Great minds think...

Originally Posted by pgwenthold View Post
The recent issues with Walker have really exposed the GOP for who they are, though. They are going all in, and there are those who are saying, we don't care what he did, all that matters is that he is a republican and not a nasty democrat, and we need to retake the senate.

What slime.
The sad thing is, as Warp12 alluded to, it'll probably work. Most Georgians will vote for anyone with an (R) by their name. That's all it takes.
“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2022, 09:58 AM   #89
Regnad Kcin
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by pgwenthold View Post

What slime.
“The Moral Majority is neither.”
Old 5th October 2022, 10:09 AM   #90
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
The sad thing is, as Warp12 alluded to, it'll probably work. Most Georgians will vote for anyone with an (R) by their name. That's all it takes.
They didn't in the last Senate election. In fact they lost both of the last 2 Georgia US Senate elections.

You gotta love the cretins the GOP chooses to be government leaders. Let's see, they include a guy who totally lied about his military service. A carpet bagging television puppy killing grifter and a crazy ex football player who had multiple children out of wedlock and despite being anti-choice paid for abortions for his women.
Old 5th October 2022, 11:56 AM   #91
Gulliver Foyle
Muse

Originally Posted by Fast Eddie B View Post
We have an acquaintance in N GA that we met through dog rescue. She seems to be a bright, sensitive, caring individual. She’s a pretty rabid Trump supporter, but in our neck of the woods at least 3 out of 4 folks are, so that’s not surprising. I follow her on Facebook and was still surprised by this post and the followup:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...4fb28028_z.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...1c168a27_w.jpg

Check the number of likes and retweets!

It’s like a bizarre upside down world. The man is clearly mentally challenged and inarticulate and uneducated, but they see something very, very different. Just very weird to me.
He's their house negro. What they see is somebody who's only too happy to sit up, roll over and do tricks so as not to get whipped.

And frankly they're right.
Gulliver Foyle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2022, 11:59 AM   #92
Gulliver Foyle
Muse

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
Herschel's son Christian goes nuclear on his dad.

https://twitter.com/ChristianWalk1r/...84445367042049
As has been pointed in that thread Christian stayed silent for the two years when it was paying him. Now it's not, he's moved to a state where he's just another untermensch and he is no longer protected by his name and it starts "disgusting" him.

My heart bleeds.
Gulliver Foyle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2022, 12:07 PM   #93
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Location: Out back preparing the bunker for the next Civil War
Originally Posted by Gulliver Foyle View Post
He's their house negro. What they see is somebody who's only too happy to sit up, roll over and do tricks so as not to get whipped.

And frankly they're right.
That's exactly what I've been thinking, but I seem to remember using that term once and getting flack for it.*

*Edit: I just did a search and apparently my memory is failing me. Must have done it in a different universe, Mandela Effect you know.

Last edited by shemp; 5th October 2022 at 12:10 PM.
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2022, 12:13 PM   #94
Gulliver Foyle
Muse

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
That's exactly what I've been thinking, but I seem to remember using that term once and getting flack for it.*

*Edit: I just did a search and apparently my memory is failing me. Must have done it in a different universe, Mandela Effect you know.
Frankly that term shouldn't be an issue unless the boyos supporting the GQP are even bigger snowflakes than I think they are.
Old 5th October 2022, 05:11 PM   #95
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Walker seems to be tumbling in the polls today.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2022, 05:17 PM   #96
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
Stupid is as stupid does.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2022, 05:29 PM   #97
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

They have no shame:

Quote:
On her (Dana Loesch) radio show, the pro-life host said the race for Warnock’s seat is important above all else – including a single abortion from 2009.

So, does this change anything? Do you want my opinion? You’re listening. Not a damn thing. How many times have I said four very important words. These four words: winning is a virtue. What I’m about to say is in no means a contradiction or a compromise of a principle.

And, please keep in mind that I am concerned about one thing, and one thing only at this point. So, I don’t care if Herschel Walker paid to abort endangered baby eagles. I want control of the Senate.
Quote:
IF true, Walker paid for one broad’s abortion compared to Warnock who wants your tax dollars to pay for EVERY broad’s abortion-as-birth control with no limitations. This isn’t a difficult choice and conservatives shouldn’t look to the left to validate their vote. https://t.co/XS3QugXEgE

— Dana Loesch (@DLoesch) October 4, 2022
"Skanks" and "broad"...talking about a woman/women she has never met and knows nothing about. Try looking in a mirror, Dana, and see why it's true that women can be just as misogynistic as men.
Old 5th October 2022, 08:40 PM   #98
I Am The Scum
Illuminator

This is one hell of a tweet:
Quote:
Herschel Walker says he has no idea who this woman is who claims she had an abortion at his urging.

We can now reveal, with her permission, that the woman is actually the mother of one of his children. She has a lot to say:
Link here

To be fair, given Walker's brain damage, there is a distinct possibility that he has no idea who the mother of his own child is.
I Am The Scum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2022, 10:07 PM   #99
Leumas
Philosopher

Originally Posted by I Am The Scum View Post

Link here

To be fair, given Walker's brain damage, there is a distinct possibility that he has no idea who the mother of his own child is.

Apparently according to Newt Gingrich, it is one of his qualifications in order to be a great GQP senator along with being a christian... but he never mentioned the other qualification of being willing and grateful to imbibe all the excretions of Trump's nether regions.
Proverbs 26:11 As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly.

Last edited by Leumas; 5th October 2022 at 10:18 PM.
Leumas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2022, 10:11 PM   #100
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Link here

To be fair, given Walker's brain damage, there is a distinct possibility that he has no idea who the mother of his own child is children are
Plural - he has had 4 children out of wedlock.
Old 5th October 2022, 10:26 PM   #101
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Plural - he has had 4 children out of wedlock.
Well, there are four different mothers. But...he should know whose abortion he paid for...unless he paid for more than one woman's abortion. Which would not surprise me in the slightest.
Old 5th October 2022, 10:40 PM   #102
Leumas
Philosopher

They have no shame:

"Skanks" and "broad"...talking about a woman/women she has never met and knows nothing about. Try looking in a mirror, Dana, and see why it's true that women can be just as misogynistic as men.

If they did they would not be republicans...

Well, there are four different mothers. But...he should know whose abortion he paid for...unless he paid for more than one woman's abortion. Which would not surprise me in the slightest.

Report: Mom of Walker's child says he paid for her abortion
Quote:
A woman who said Herschel Walker paid for her 2009 abortion is the mother of one of his children.... Walker, who has expressed support for a national abortion ban without exceptions, vehemently denied the story, calling the abortion allegation a “flat-out lie,” threatening a lawsuit against the outlet he has yet to file and saying he had no idea who the woman might be.
Proverbs 26:11 As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly.

Last edited by Leumas; 5th October 2022 at 10:41 PM.
Leumas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2022, 10:54 PM   #103
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Who's the skank now.
Old 5th October 2022, 11:03 PM   #104
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Who's the skank now.
Now, now....only women are skanks. MEN who have multiple children with multiple women are called "studs","a man's man", "playboys", "smooth operators", etc .
Old 6th October 2022, 03:29 AM   #105
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Now, now....only women are skanks. MEN who have multiple children with multiple women are called "studs","a man's man", "playboys", "smooth operators", etc .
You are right. If they run away and fail to support their sprogs, and even actively threaten the mothers like Walker did or force them to have abortions because it is "inconvenient", they are not skanks, they are effing arse-wipes.
Old 6th October 2022, 05:33 AM   #106
Donal
Philosopher

If you reall want to drive away Republicans, point out the fact that he followed through on his promise to pay for it. A real Christian conservative would have told her he would and ghost her after she gets it done.
Old 6th October 2022, 05:55 AM   #107
Stellafane
Village Idiot.

Walker is the kind of candidate you get when your political views are shaped primarily by the things you hate.
Old 6th October 2022, 06:38 AM   #108
Donal
Philosopher

That's pretty much the whole GQP at this point. None of them express ideas about policy or solutions. tey just tell you why "the others" are your enemy.
Old 6th October 2022, 07:56 AM   #109
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Donal View Post
If you reall want to drive away Republicans, point out the fact that he followed through on his promise to pay for it.
That might work.

Remember, the current leader of the Republicans (Stubby Mcbonespurs) is well known for NOT paying his bills.

"You paid the promised amount for her abortion? A real man would have offered her pennies on the dollar,then declared bankruptcy to avoid paying anything"

Sent from my moto e using Tapatalk

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2022, 10:56 AM   #110
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

Walker just held a press conference. What a stupid man.
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2022, 11:09 AM   #111
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stellafane View Post
Walker is the kind of candidate you get when your political views are shaped primarily by the things you hate.
Excellent summation. That's why the GOP is primarily based on fear, which is the seed of most hate.
Old 6th October 2022, 11:25 AM   #112
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Bob001 View Post
I wonder if he is just basically stupid or if it's the result of all the brain injuries.

I found little on his childhood except that he was obese until about 11 or 12 and had a stutter. He did graduate high school but he was also the hero football player on the HS team. It's no secret that football is king in Georgia and I have no doubt that, as their star player, he would have 'graduated' whether he actually passed his classes or not.

From Wikipedia:

Quote:
In his 2008 autobiography, Walker wrote that during his stint in Johnson County High School, he was the Beta Club president (which required average "A" grades) and class valedictorian.[13] In December 2021, Walker's Senate campaign website claimed that he graduated as the valedictorian of the entire high school, but CNN found no evidence for this claim.[13] The claim on Walker's website was later removed and amended to state that Walker graduated high school "top of his class"
He also lied about his college grades:

Quote:
Starting in 2017, Walker has made the claim that he had graduated from University of Georgia "in the top 1% of his class".[13] In fact, he did not graduate, and left college to join the NFL.[19] He did not return to complete his degree.[20][13] In December 2021, Walker's senate campaign website deleted the assertions about his education after The Atlanta Journal-Constitution inquired about it, with Walker acknowledging in a statement that he left the university without graduating to play professional football.[21] Walker later asserted that he never said he graduated from the university.[22]
Old 6th October 2022, 11:35 AM   #113
plague311
Great minds think...

Originally Posted by Bob001 View Post
Can you be more specific? Because he held the press conference, what he said in the press conference, or what he did to require the press conference to be held?
“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2022, 12:40 PM   #114
trustbutverify
Philosopher

Link here

I couldn't care less about Walker's medical circumstances. The man is pure filth, as your link corroborates.
trustbutverify is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2022, 12:48 PM   #115
trustbutverify
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Stellafane View Post
Namely, themselves.
trustbutverify is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2022, 04:40 PM   #116
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Mike Erickson, the Republican running for the Senate in my state also paid for his girlfriend's abortion while proclaiming himself pro-life.

Hypocrisy, thy name is Republican!
Old 6th October 2022, 04:41 PM   #117
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

The only moral abortion is my abortion. - The GOP.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2022, 04:46 PM   #118
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
The only moral abortion is my abortion. - The GOP.
I didn't catch who said it because I had CNN on in the background while I was doing chores the other day. The speaker said, "Republicans oppose abortion except in the standard three instances. Rape. Incest. My daughter gets in trouble."
Old 6th October 2022, 04:48 PM   #119
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Walker is either getting really bad advice or he's not taking it. Calling the woman a liar is is just plan wrong. Say, we're all sinners. Say, it was a long time ago. Say I'm a different person. Don't call the person a liar. You're just giving the story legs if you call her a liar.
Old 6th October 2022, 04:48 PM   #120
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
I didn't catch who said it because I had CNN on in the background while I was doing chores the other day. The speaker said, "Republicans oppose abortion except in the standard three instances. Rape. Incest. My daughter/wife/girlfriend/mistress/casual hook up gets in trouble."
FTFY

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics