IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 28th October 2010, 04:04 PM   #1
dvictr
Muse

Angry the Chilean mining collapse and rescue was a hoax

it was a financially engineered plan by goldman sachs bankers to appreciate the Chilean Peso- the currency of Chile and finance the reconstruction following the 8,1 earthquake earlier in the year.

[the linked article shows that the Peso is trading at 29 month highs against the USdollar] http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-...18-709319.html

the video footage of "trapped" miners was actually a hollywood production filmed in a bunker at Area 52 in northeast Nevada, using paid mexican actors. All the "family members" were in on the scheme and are looking to collect millions of dollars for there roles as extras.

it is important to note that only 1 broadcasting station had exclusive rights to the suported video feed, and the security around the area was potentially contracted to Xe Services LLc. the value of a currency appreciation of this maginitude is worth untold billions of dollars.

Last edited by dvictr; 28th October 2010 at 04:13 PM.
dvictr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2010, 04:16 PM   #2
dtugg
Banned

Cool story, bro.
dtugg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2010, 04:18 PM   #3
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming

Wow, that's pretty sick.

ETA: Sick that anyone could think that I mean.

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint, when I ask why the poor have no food they call me a communist - Hélder Câmara
MarkCorrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2010, 04:19 PM   #4
dvictr
Muse

Originally Posted by MarkCorrigan View Post
Wow, that's pretty sick.
yes, sick... ruthless but brilliant, they captivated millions of viewers while manipuling foreign currency markets.
dvictr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2010, 04:21 PM   #5
LightinDarkness
Master Poster

Ah, that good old conspiracy theorist failure to understand logic 101:

Correlation does not equal causation.

The reason why the Chilean currency is at an all time high versus the US dollar is because the US dollar has been through one round of quantitative easing and is about to go through round two, increasing the value of any basket of currencies against it. No gigantic conspiracy required.

You see, there is also evidence that people eat more ice cream during the fool moon. That does NOT MEAN the full moon causes people to eat more ice cream.

But...I guess thats just not as sexy as some made up conspiracy theory. Reality never is.
LightinDarkness is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2010, 04:22 PM   #6
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming

Originally Posted by LightinDarkness View Post
Ah, that good old conspiracy theorist failure to understand logic 101:

Correlation does not equal causation.

The reason why the Chilean currency is at an all time high versus the US dollar is because the US dollar has been through one round of quantitative easing and is about to go through round two, increasing the value of any basket of currencies against it. No gigantic conspiracy required.

You see, there is also evidence that people eat more ice cream during the fool moon. That does NOT MEAN the full moon causes people to eat more ice cream.

But...I guess thats just not as sexy as some made up conspiracy theory. Reality never is.
I'd have assumed a fool moon would make people more likely to tip ice-cream into people's trousers.

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint, when I ask why the poor have no food they call me a communist - Hélder Câmara
MarkCorrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2010, 04:53 PM   #7
LightinDarkness
Master Poster

Originally Posted by MarkCorrigan View Post
I'd have assumed a fool moon would make people more likely to tip ice-cream into people's trousers.
Aw, what a delightful slip on my part. Is it apparent what I think of the CTers yet?
LightinDarkness is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2010, 05:24 PM   #8
JimBenArm
Based on a true story!

Know what the difference between the Chilean miners and submarine sailors is?

After 69 days of no sunshine, breathing recycled air and not seeing your family, no one tells a third of the miners they have to go back down to stand duty.
Old 28th October 2010, 05:44 PM   #9
Cl1mh4224rd
Philosopher

But full moons do cause some people to transform into werewolves, and it's a well known fact that werewolves looove ice cream.
Cl1mh4224rd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2010, 06:21 PM   #10
TSR
Illuminator

Boring troll is ... boring.
TSR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2010, 07:16 PM   #11
geni
Anti-homeopathy illuminati member

Not bad failed to work in the attempt to rehabilitate "mission acomplished" but not bad.
geni is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2010, 07:38 PM   #12
fromdownunder
Philosopher

Originally Posted by dvictr View Post
[the linked article shows that the Peso is trading at 29 month highs against the USdollar] http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-...18-709319.html
So is the Australian Dollar. So is the Canadian Dollar. So is the New Zealand Dollar. So is the English pound. Don't know about the Euro. Hasn't it occured to these Einsteins that the USA $ is trading lower than before the crash pretty much everywhere?

Norm
fromdownunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2010, 09:18 PM   #13
Sledge
Grammaton Cleric

A compelling story, but missing one crucial detail: were the "miners" circumcised?

"Science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it would stop" ~ Dara O'Briain.
Sledge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2010, 12:46 AM   #14
kerikiwi
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
A compelling story, but missing one crucial detail: were the "miners" circumcised?
Well the one with the wife and the girlfriend in the camp was in danger of something a little more drastic.
kerikiwi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2010, 12:50 AM   #15
Juniversal
CIA + FBI + NWO Employee

it was a financially engineered plan by goldman sachs bankers to appreciate the Chilean Peso- the currency of Chile and finance the reconstruction following the 8,1 earthquake earlier in the year.

the video footage of "trapped" miners was actually a hollywood production filmed in a bunker at Area 52 in northeast Nevada, using paid mexican actors. All the "family members" were in on the scheme and are looking to collect millions of dollars for there roles as extras.

it is important to note that only 1 broadcasting station had exclusive rights to the suported video feed, and the security around the area was potentially contracted to Xe Services LLc. the value of a currency appreciation of this maginitude is worth untold billions of dollars.
What he said...^
Old 29th October 2010, 01:27 AM   #16
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Conspiracy Theory Generation 101:

(1) Pick a world event at random.
(2) Find some connection, however tenuous, to someone profiting from it who wasn't involved.
(3) Dream up some "anomaly" in the details of the event.
(4) Claim that (3) proves that the person in (2) orchestrated (1), even if there is no causal connection.
(5) Lather (at the mouth, usually), rant and repeat.

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2010, 01:30 AM   #17
Hans
Philosopher

WAIT this means nothing and I mean nothing happens in this world unless the bankers will it to happen.....how did anything happen before there were bankers???
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2010, 01:45 AM   #18
Aitch

Originally Posted by Hans View Post
WAIT this means nothing and I mean nothing happens in this world unless the bankers will it to happen.....how did anything happen before there were bankers???
Maybe banking is the REAL 'oldest profession'?
Aitch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2010, 02:31 AM   #19
Mashuna
Ovis ex Machina

Originally Posted by Aitch View Post
Maybe banking is the REAL 'oldest profession'?
Of course. How would the prostitutes get paid otherwise?
Old 29th October 2010, 02:35 AM   #20
Aitch

Originally Posted by Mashuna View Post
Of course. How would the prostitutes get paid otherwise?
Well, women are supposed to be better at multitasking.
Aitch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2010, 06:24 AM   #21
Sledge
Grammaton Cleric

Originally Posted by kerikiwi View Post
Well the one with the wife and the girlfriend in the camp was in danger of something a little more drastic.
Dear lord, the Jews want ALL the penis now?

"Science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it would stop" ~ Dara O'Briain.
Sledge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2010, 07:48 AM   #22
NoZed Avenger
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
Dear lord, the Jews want ALL the penis now?
THAT will hurt the conversion recruiting.
NoZed Avenger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2010, 04:47 PM   #23
dvictr
Muse

the evidence is in the footage and tapes, i am working with a filmaker and researcher preparing a documentary that will show video evidence from the purported "live" feed. they did a good job of cropping the scenes but i have evidence of a video where a teleprompter and a drawing board are clearly read from as a relextion and apparent director interaction. im putting the final touches now. media coverage to follow

Last edited by dvictr; 29th October 2010 at 04:58 PM.
Old 29th October 2010, 04:52 PM   #24
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

The mine only collapsed because Teh Lizards alien tractor beam sucked all the gold out of it and beamed it to their hollow moonbase.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2010, 04:56 PM   #25
caniswalensis
Master Poster

I knew it!

I noticed that one of the rocks in the footage had a capital letter "C" on it.

Dead give-away.

Last edited by caniswalensis; 29th October 2010 at 04:58 PM.
caniswalensis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2010, 04:57 PM   #26
dvictr
Muse

Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
The mine only collapsed because Teh Lizards alien tractor beam sucked all the gold out of it and beamed it to their hollow moonbase.
this is absolutely unrelated in the same sense (as the women that died 3 months after being run over by a 7 year old girl on a tricycle) later from 'unrelated' injuries.

goldman sachs has a special situation seeking alpha team that uses 'alternative' strategies like this and other fabricated/manipulated events.
Old 29th October 2010, 06:48 PM   #27
LizardLover
Student

Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
It's always the lizards who get blamed.
LizardLover is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2010, 11:29 PM   #28
Accidental Martyr
Master Poster

dvictr,
I thought you left a few months ago. Why are you back trolling here?
Old 30th October 2010, 02:38 AM   #29
TSR
Illuminator

Boring troll continues to be boring....
TSR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2010, 09:12 AM   #30
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

this is absolutely unrelated...
That's what they want you to think.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2010, 06:31 PM   #31
Reactor drone
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Accidental Martyr View Post
dvictr,
I thought you left a few months ago. Why are you back trolling here?
He's promoting his new movie, "Loose Pesos".
Reactor drone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2010, 10:09 PM   #32
jiggeryqua
Illuminator

You see, there is also evidence that people eat more ice cream during the fool moon.
Seriously? Got a link?

That does NOT MEAN the full moon causes people to eat more ice cream.
So what does it mean? Because if it's just a misleadingly worded comedy example, it does you no favours - and if it's actual honest to goodness 'evidence', what is it evidence of? A startling coincidence that needs no explanation?
jiggeryqua is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2010, 02:43 AM   #33
Mashuna
Ovis ex Machina

Originally Posted by jiggeryqua View Post
So what does it mean? Because if it's just a misleadingly worded comedy example, it does you no favours - and if it's actual honest to goodness 'evidence', what is it evidence of? A startling coincidence that needs no explanation?
It's evidence that correlation doesn't equal causation.
Old 31st October 2010, 04:18 AM   #34
SezMe
post-pre-born

it is important to note that only 1 broadcasting station had exclusive rights to the suported video feed, and the security around the area was potentially contracted to Xe Services LLc.
Ah, so "potentially contracted" means that it wasn't, right?

By the way, your CT can't be true; you didn't mention therm*te or Quantum Mechanics.
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2010, 06:09 AM   #35
jiggeryqua
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Mashuna View Post
It's evidence that correlation doesn't equal causation.
People eating more ice cream during a full moon is evidence that correlation doesn't equal causation? I'd still like clarification as to whether it's a fact or a poorly worded fiction, but if the former, what is the causation and how do you explain the correlation? If the latter, it's 'evidence' of nothing.
jiggeryqua is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2010, 10:09 AM   #36
Debaser
Muse

I was actually going to start a thread like this soon after the rescue as a joke, but thought it would be a parody beyond the most credulous Ickester, as well as being too soon.

Evidently not.

I mean, I'm sat in my front room in the UK and I'm supposed to believe I can see live TV pictures beamed to me from a mile underground? What is this. Science fiction?
Debaser is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2010, 03:48 PM   #37
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

Of course. Reconstructing Chile is vital to Goldman-Sachs' financial future.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2010, 07:23 PM   #38
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

goldman sachs has a special situation seeking alpha team that uses 'alternative' strategies like this and other fabricated/manipulated events.
Your evidence for this claim should be entertaining.

If you ever get around to posting it, that is. I won't be holding my breath.
Sword_Of_Truth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2010, 07:30 PM   #39
Thunder
Banned

this is a joke, right?
Thunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2010, 08:01 PM   #40
MIKILLINI
Incromulent Logic

The only evidence found in this OP is your imagination.

The conspiracist is not merely illogical: he assaults logic.~ Pomeroo
MIKILLINI is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories