ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 9th February 2017, 04:58 PM   #1
MicahJava
Graduate Poster

Footage from 9/10/2001 and 9/11/2001 showing WTC fuze boxes and thermal imaging?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5udh...ature=youtu.be

Can't find an exact source for this video. Is this from a FOIA?

The video appears to show fuse boxes from the WTC on September 10, 2001, followed by random footage of the burning Towers with a thermal imaging setting on the camera. What is the origin of this footage? There are seemingly dubious rumors in the comment section that this video was taken from an Israeli Mossad camcorder.
MicahJava is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th February 2017, 05:05 PM   #2
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
A camera only knows the date and time you tell it.
Old 9th February 2017, 05:20 PM   #3
Spindrift
Time Person of the Year, 2006

You said it yourself, "dubious rumors". Until there is real provenance, it's best to just ignore it and not go chasing wild geese.
Especially something that could be easily faked like that video.
Spindrift is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th February 2017, 05:32 PM   #4
Winterfrost
Scholar

Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
The video appears to show fuse boxes from the WTC on September 10, 2001
How are you identifying the footage of fuse boxes as having been taken in the WTC?
Winterfrost is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th February 2017, 06:05 PM   #5
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by Winterfrost View Post
How are you identifying the footage of fuse boxes as having been taken in the WTC?
It was PROVEN by YouTube. What else would he need?

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th February 2017, 06:05 PM   #6
Delphic Oracle
Graduate Poster

Never underestimate the power of a descriptive caption.

Note that visible light images are handheld (organic movement). The 'FLIR' footage is static, meaning either locked down on a mount or perhaps not video at all, but merely a (doctored) photo with an animated graphic overlay.

I notice, also, that the first few frames of each visible light recording is greyscale which rapidly transitions to full color. Like someone didn't quite get the timing right on the key frames for an after-effects filter.

As for the supposedly thermal imaging of the burning towers. Even if genuine, why is this significant? Yeah, it's hot on the floors where massive jet fuel fed fires are burning. And?

Last edited by Delphic Oracle; 9th February 2017 at 06:10 PM.
Delphic Oracle is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th February 2017, 06:22 PM   #7
Loss Leader
Would Be Ringing (if a bell)

Someone took video of a fusebox at the WTC on September 10, 2001?

That is just ...

L. Leader
Loss Leader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th February 2017, 06:44 PM   #8
Whip
Muse

Originally Posted by Loss Leader View Post
Someone took video of a fusebox at the WTC on September 10, 2001?

That is just ...
lol. exactly.

Whip is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th February 2017, 08:46 PM   #9
MicahJava
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Winterfrost View Post
Oh right. There is no evidence unless someone could maybe identify the exact kind of equipment shown in the video.

Does anybody know if this is from a NIST FOIA?
MicahJava is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th February 2017, 08:48 PM   #10
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

The video appears to show fuse boxes from the WTC on September 10, 2001,
What is it that indicates these fuse boxes are in the WTC complex?
Quote:
followed by random footage of the burning Towers with a thermal imaging setting on the camera. What is the origin of this footage? There are seemingly dubious rumors in the comment section that this video was taken from an Israeli Mossad camcorder.
Sounds like pure speculation, unless there is something that links these things.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th February 2017, 08:53 PM   #11
MicahJava
Graduate Poster

Found the original source.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld8rvA2OV8E

Release 27, 42A0189 - G26D48.

911conspiracy.tv says (see also release 14 with better audio)

The footage was taken by Carol Ciemiengo. Hardly sounds like Israeli Mossad.

Last edited by MicahJava; 9th February 2017 at 08:54 PM.
Old 9th February 2017, 08:59 PM   #12
MicahJava
Graduate Poster

Carol Ciemiengo, thermographer, actually wrote an article about her experience. On September 10th she was indeed hired to do some work in Lower Manhattan (she didn't say specifically the WTC). She wrote an article about it:

September 11, 2001: A Thermographer’s Experience at Ground Zero
Old 9th February 2017, 09:19 PM   #13
skyeagle409
Master Poster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5udh...ature=youtu.be

Can't find an exact source for this video. Is this from a FOIA?

The video appears to show fuse boxes from the WTC on September 10, 2001, followed by random footage of the burning Towers with a thermal imaging setting on the camera. What is the origin of this footage? There are seemingly dubious rumors in the comment section that this video was taken from an Israeli Mossad camcorder.

As to what caused the destruction at WTC ground zero from the conspiracy theorist folks, we have had thermite, nano-thermite, CD explosives, DEW, nukes, and now, fuse boxes. What's next?
skyeagle409 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th February 2017, 09:27 PM   #14
Delphic Oracle
Graduate Poster

Why would someone wire up all the explosives to a limited number of circuits?

Why would those circuits/fuses show massive current levels (evidenced by heat) going through them the day before they were supposedly activated?

I propose this is evidence of, yet again, people manufacturing evidence when they don't understand How Things Work.
Delphic Oracle is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th February 2017, 09:41 PM   #15
pgimeno
Illuminator

There's a discussion of this infrared camera in NCSTAR 1-5A p.140 (PDF Ch1-8 p.236) and a few more, e.g. there's an image that looks from that video in p.164 (PDF p.260).

ETA: I doubt that the fuses are from the WTC. NIST say the person was working on a nearby building.

Last edited by pgimeno; 9th February 2017 at 09:42 PM.
pgimeno is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th February 2017, 10:14 PM   #16
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Carol Ciemiengo, thermographer, actually wrote an article about her experience. On September 10th she was indeed hired to do some work in Lower Manhattan (she didn't say specifically the WTC). She wrote an article about it:

September 11, 2001: A Thermographer’s Experience at Ground Zero
Wow, research, and you still have the inside job fantasy, thermite, CD, and woo. oh my
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th February 2017, 10:21 PM   #17
MicahJava
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
It was PROVEN by YouTube. What else would he need?
I found this posted to Reddit.com/r/conspiracy with a few upvotes, there were a couple of comments (which literally cited another Youtube comment) claiming that this footage was actually confiscated from Israeli Mossad agents. Just one of many myths that clutters up the legitimate questions.
Old 9th February 2017, 10:27 PM   #18
MicahJava
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by skyeagle409 View Post
As to what caused the destruction at WTC ground zero from the conspiracy theorist folks, we have had thermite, nano-thermite, CD explosives, DEW, nukes, and now, fuse boxes. What's next?
I vaguely remember somebody theorizing that some kind of ultra-thin nanotubes were shot out of the sky into the Twin Towers. Saw it somewhere on reddit.com/r/conspiracy, can't find the original post.
Old 9th February 2017, 10:29 PM   #19
MicahJava
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
Wow, research, and you still have the inside job fantasy, thermite, CD, and woo. oh my
You know, I never actually said I believe in CD. I just find it a distinct possibility, and I think the WTC disaster totally deserves investigation into inside job.

A lot of conspiracy-related issues could have more light shed on them if a good amount of experts gave it a second look. Like the x-rays and skull photographs of JFK.

Last edited by MicahJava; 9th February 2017 at 10:35 PM.
Old 9th February 2017, 10:36 PM   #20
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

You know, I never actually said I believe in CD. I just find it a distinct possibility, and I think the WTC disaster totally deserves investigation into inside job.

A lot of conspiracy-related issues could have more light shed on them if more experts gave it a second look. Like the x-rays and skull photographs of JFK.
There was no inside job, and no CD, and your questions are BS because you fail to use evidence.

CD is a lie, not a possibility. There was no inside job, only evidence for 19 failed nuts associated with UBL. You can't figure out 9/11 after 15 years; how is the inside job going?
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th February 2017, 10:41 PM   #21
Loss Leader
Would Be Ringing (if a bell)

A video of a WTC fuse box on September 10, 2001. That's like finding a portrait of George Washington getting ready to sit for his portrait.

It's like taping the entire three hour pre-game show just in case the Super Bowl starts early.

L. Leader

Last edited by Loss Leader; 9th February 2017 at 10:44 PM.
Loss Leader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th February 2017, 11:26 PM   #22
skyeagle409
Master Poster

I vaguely remember somebody theorizing that some kind of ultra-thin nanotubes were shot out of the sky into the Twin Towers. Saw it somewhere on reddit.com/r/conspiracy, can't find the original post.
I can remember joking about government-engineered metal-eating termites as responsible for the destruction at WTC ground zero and amazingly, I had to convince a Truther that I was just joking.
skyeagle409 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th February 2017, 11:29 PM   #23
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Why waste time and money when countries around the world had warned the United States that Osama bin Laden and al-Qaeda would use airliners to carry out the attack?

Why waste time and money when there is absolutely no evidence that supports an inside job?
Old 10th February 2017, 04:56 AM   #24
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Originally Posted by Loss Leader View Post
A video of a WTC fuse box on September 10, 2001. That's like finding a portrait of George Washington getting ready to sit for his portrait.

It's like taping the entire three hour pre-game show just in case the Super Bowl starts early.
Not even a WTC fusebox.

http://www.irinfo.org/09-11-2001-ciemiengo/

Fuseboxes and switches in "a building situated on the corner of Church Street and Barclay Avenue – about a block north and across the street from the twin towers of the World Trade Center" according to the woman who shot the video. She just happened to be working there, taking IR images of electrical installations to reveal any poor connections or overloads, and she used the same camera to record the unfolding disaster she witnessed. So far, so explicable.

But then you drop it down the toilet that is YouTube comments and her video suddenly becomes footage confiscated from Mossad agents and reveals that the WTC buildings had a supply of electricity (who knew?) and electricity could be used to trigger thermite. You just follow the dots and it leads you to the inevitable conclusion: The world has no shortage of staggeringly stupid people.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th February 2017, 06:29 AM   #25
tinribmancer
NWO Templar Agent And Proud Of It!

Originally Posted by skyeagle409 View Post
A few bricks that look different from all the rest? I wouldn't be surprised if some nutter came up with something like that, tbh.

JC Denton

tinribmancer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th February 2017, 06:59 PM   #26
Redwood
Graduate Poster

Take up a career as a TV screenwriter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fonzie Jumps the Shark.jpg (36.7 KB, 4 views)
Redwood is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories