ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags ae911truth

View Poll Results: When will the AE911 petition reach juggernaut strength of 1%?
20 years 2 0.93%
50 years 2 0.93%
Never 79 36.74%
Who cares?.it's retarded anyway..... 132 61.40%
Voters: 215. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13th September 2011, 04:58 AM   #1
newton3376
The Truth Movement.....still not at 1%

When will the AE911 petition finally reach juggernaut strength of 1%?

So when will it happen?

Cast your vote in this historcial poll.....

Last edited by newton3376; 13th September 2011 at 05:01 AM.
newton3376 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2011, 05:00 AM   #2
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

1% of what? the 3 million+ engineers across the United States, Canada and Europe where AE911T draws it's members from?
Sword_Of_Truth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2011, 05:03 AM   #3
newton3376

Originally Posted by Sword_Of_Truth View Post
1% of what? the 3 million+ engineers across the United States, Canada and Europe where AE911T draws it's members from?

Who knows? It doesn't really matter.....

1% of Engineers and Architects......1% of plumbers.........1% of taxi cab drivers....

They have like 1500 or so "Architects and Engineers" right now.....so 1% of 3 million would be 30,000.....as we can see they are rapidly approaching 1% with their 1500....
Old 13th September 2011, 05:16 AM   #4
Dash80
Rave on, Not Fade Away

Originally Posted by newton3376 View Post

Who knows? It doesn't really matter.....

1% of Engineers and Architects......1% of plumbers.........1% of taxi cab drivers....

They have like 1500 or so "Architects and Engineers" right now.....so 1% of 3 million would be 30,000.....as we can see they are rapidly approaching 1% with their 1500....
It will only matter to truthers anyway, personally I couldn't give a ****. Reaching that milestone would cause them to orgasm in front of their computers as if 1% is some earth shattering achievement.
Old 13th September 2011, 05:21 AM   #5
newton3376

Originally Posted by Dash80 View Post
It will only matter to truthers anyway, personally I couldn't give a ****. Reaching that milestone would cause them to orgasm in front of their computers as if 1% is some earth shattering achievement.

I agree 100%.

I doubt it will ever happen anyway though.....but of course it doesn't matter cause it really is retarded.

Old 13th September 2011, 05:37 AM   #6
Dash80
Rave on, Not Fade Away

I agree 100%.

I doubt it will ever happen anyway though.....but of course it doesn't matter cause it really is retarded.
It is.

Basically it's like asking 10,000 people if they believe vampires are real... and 1% saying yes they do. Using truther logic they must be real if 1% believe it.

I watched a youtube video (it's gone now though) where some idiot ranted on about vampires being real because he was apparently attacked by one. Obviously insane but using truther logic it must be true, it's on yuuuutube!
Old 13th September 2011, 05:48 AM   #7
sheeplesnshills
Illuminator

So when will it happen?

Cast your vote in this historcial poll.....
They won't ever reach 0.1% or likely even 0.01% of people with relevent skill sets. most Architects know little of steel frame high rise construction and even most engineers would only have the basics.

The Prevalence Rate for schizophrenia is approximately 1.1% of the population over the age of 18 http://www.schizophrenia.com/szfacts.htm

so even if they reached 1% they still wouldn't even have all the crazy ones.....
sheeplesnshills is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2011, 05:49 AM   #8
newton3376

It is.

Basically it's like asking 10,000 people if they believe vampires are real... and 1% saying yes they do. Using truther logic they must be real if 1% believe it.

I watched a youtube video (it's gone now though) where some idiot ranted on about vampires being real because he was apparently attacked by one. Obviously insane but using truther logic it must be true, it's on yuuuutube!
Right.....well I use the "1%" to demonstrate just how much of a minority the truthers are....

1% being a milestone is actually quite pathetic, since that means 99% DIDN'T sign the stupid petition....

At this rate they will not have 1% 20 years after 9/11....or even 50 years after 9/11.....

1% should make it obvious to them just how ridiculously in the minority they really are
Old 13th September 2011, 05:49 AM   #9
Edx
Philosopher

I thought AE911 includes A+E from all over the world?
Edx is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2011, 05:51 AM   #10
newton3376

Originally Posted by sheeplesnshills View Post
They won't ever reach 0.1% or likely even 0.01% of people with relevent skill sets. most Architects know little of steel frame high rise construction and even most engineers would only have the basics.

The Prevalence Rate for schizophrenia is approximately 1.1% of the population over the age of 18 http://www.schizophrenia.com/szfacts.htm

so even if they reached 1% they still wouldn't even have all the crazy ones.....
True.....I'm just lumping "Engineers and Architects" together in one big group since if we count people with relevent skill sets it is even more pathetic....
Old 13th September 2011, 05:52 AM   #11
newton3376

Originally Posted by Edx View Post

Yes it does.....but to be fair I am looking at how many signed the petition WORLDWIDE and then comparing it to the number of Engineers in the US alone....

Again....they are so pathetic I am stacking the deck in their favor and they STILL do not have 1%.
Old 13th September 2011, 05:54 AM   #12
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Not quite. Using truther logic, vampires must be real if 1% sign a petition saying they exist, and less than 1% then sign a petition saying they don't.

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2011, 06:36 AM   #13
Dash80
Rave on, Not Fade Away

ah, i see.
Old 13th September 2011, 07:16 AM   #14
newton3376

ah, i see.
Sometimes it's hard to understand twoofer logic....
Old 13th September 2011, 10:15 AM   #15
Dash80
Rave on, Not Fade Away

Sometimes it's hard to understand twoofer logic....
I know, it gives me a headache trying to! Lol
Old 13th September 2011, 10:51 AM   #16
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

4 out of 4 members of my girl friend's family believe in homeopathy, life energy flowing from holograms and the healing power of shamans.

3 of them are rather ill, so I guess they are experts on these things.

Should I believe this strong majority?
Oystein is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2011, 11:15 AM   #17
newton3376

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
4 out of 4 members of my girl friend's family believe in homeopathy, life energy flowing from holograms and the healing power of shamans.

3 of them are rather ill, so I guess they are experts on these things.

Should I believe this strong majority?
?

I'm missing the point here......
Old 13th September 2011, 11:31 AM   #18
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

?

I'm missing the point here......
I conducted a poll among people I claim to be competent
Oystein is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2011, 11:34 AM   #19
Marokkaan
Graduate Poster

Would you laugh also, when richard gage in 2006 would say in 4 years time, i will have 1500plus architects and engineers on my side?

Yes i think
Marokkaan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2011, 11:37 AM   #20
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by Marokkaan View Post
Would you laugh also, when richard gage in 2006 would say in 4 years time, i will have 1500plus architects and engineers on my side?

Yes i think
Actually, We gave him the benefit of the doubt that he wasn't lying and would actually petition Congress. We all know how that has worked out.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2011, 11:42 AM   #21
Sam.I.Am
Illuminator

If it is 1% of the mentally ill yet somewhat functional A&E's I think that they may have already reached it.

About my avatar.
Sam.I.Am is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2011, 11:46 AM   #22
sheeplesnshills
Illuminator

Yes i think
On your side? they signed a petition asking for another inquiry, that's all, and only a few of them work or worked in a relevant field. 1500 is below irrelevant.
sheeplesnshills is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2011, 11:48 AM   #23
newton3376

I conducted a poll among people I claim to be competent
Gotcha Oystein
Old 13th September 2011, 11:50 AM   #24
djlunacee
Muse

Yes i think
YES!!!!! and he had to get landscape, irrigation, and sanitation engineers to make it happen. Heard he even recruited a couple of dead ones as well. BRAVO!!!!
djlunacee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2011, 12:03 PM   #25
newton3376

Yes i think
Marokkaan.....haven't you ever had this conversation with yourself....

Marokkaan: "Why do you think we don't even have 1% of the worlds experts after 10 years?"

Marokkaan: "I'm not sure Marokkaan....our evidence is so strong."

Marokkaan: "Do you think we need to publish more peer reviewed articles in professional journals?"

Marokkaan: "Nah...we don't need those journals....they are all controlled by the establishment.....just a bunch of shill journals. Well, except for Bentham of course. Youtube videos are just as good as peer reviewed articles."

Marokkaan: "Do you think maybe the experts just aren't convinced by the youtube videos"?

Marokkaan: "Dont be ridiculous....our youtube videos and presentations would convince any sane thinking person....those experts are either scared of losing their government jobs or are shills."

Marokkaan: "But we are talking about the vast majority of the worlds experts here...could they really all be scared of losing their jobs or shills?"

Marokkaan: "Well..not all....some are likely just stupid sheeple."

Marokkaan: "Why does the argument always come to this....calling people liars, shills, or sheeple? Are we so sure that maybe it's not our EVIDENCE that is the problem?"

Marokkaan: "What are you saying Marokkaan? Careful....you are sounding an awful lot like them!"

Marokkaan: "I'm just wondering if maybe....just maybe.....we need to rethink why the vast majority of the worlds experts (and people in general) think we are totally crazy.....maybe we are just wrong."

Marokkaan: "BUSTED! I had a feeling that you were actually a government plant! SHILL!"

Marokkaan: "....but I'm you...."

Marokkaan: "....."

Last edited by newton3376; 13th September 2011 at 12:06 PM.
newton3376 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2011, 12:43 PM   #26
newton3376

Originally Posted by djlunacee View Post
YES!!!!! and he had to get landscape, irrigation, and sanitation engineers to make it happen. Heard he even recruited a couple of dead ones as well. BRAVO!!!!
The dead ones add a nice touch........
Old 13th September 2011, 03:28 PM   #27
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

I did a cursory examination of their members list once, noticing primarily names from the US, Canada and Europe.

US Labor Dept. numbers show about 1.7 million engineers with a projected ten year growth of 11% of that number.

With the US and Europe having a population of roughly 300 million each, that gives us about 3 to 3.5 million total engineers between the two of them.

AE911T's humiliating defeat couldn't get much worse. But you're welcome to try if you want.
Sword_Of_Truth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2011, 03:39 PM   #28
newton3376

I did a cursory examination of their members list once, noticing primarily names from the US, Canada and Europe.

US Labor Dept. numbers show about 1.7 million engineers with a projected ten year growth of 11% of that number.

With the US and Europe having a population of roughly 300 million each, that gives us about 3 to 3.5 million total engineers between the two of them.

AE911T's humiliating defeat couldn't get much worse. But you're welcome to try if you want.
The words "EPIC FAIL" come to mind....

With 1.7 million Engineers in the US.....AE911 is not even 50% of the way to making 0.5%

If I was a truther I'd be just plain embarrassed....

Since I'm not a truther....I'm amused by it instead

Old 13th September 2011, 03:49 PM   #29
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

The words "EPIC FAIL" come to mind....

With 1.7 million Engineers in the US.....AE911 is not even 50% of the way to making 0.5%

If I was a truther I'd be just plain embarrassed....

Since I'm not a truther....I'm amused by it instead

Huh? What's your math?
They have about 280 licensed US engineers and close to 600 non-licensed "engineering professionals" from the USA. Make that 880 total.

That's 0,05% of 1.7 million. or 1 out of 2000.
Old 13th September 2011, 04:25 PM   #30
newton3376

Huh? What's your math?
They have about 280 licensed US engineers and close to 600 non-licensed "engineering professionals" from the USA. Make that 880 total.

That's 0,05% of 1.7 million. or 1 out of 2000.
1% out of 1.7 million is 17,000.
0.5% out of 1.7 million is 8,500.

Half of 8,500 is 4,250....

They claim to have a little over 1500 Engineers and Architects....so they are not even 50% of the way to making half of a percent....

Is there something there you don't agree with?
Old 13th September 2011, 04:29 PM   #31
alienentity
Illuminator

Yes i think
He doesn't! That's a fraudulent number.
alienentity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2011, 04:43 PM   #32
alienentity
Illuminator

Top 7 reasons AE911Truth is a fraudulent effort....
Here's their current website. Note the following:
'WTC Building #7, a 47-story high-rise not hit by an airplane, exhibited all the characteristics of classic controlled demolition with explosives:'

1. Rapid onset of collapse False. The onset required 7 or 8 seconds of internal collapse, much of the structure was already destroyed b4 the facade finally fell.

2. Sounds of explosions at ground floor – a second before the building's destruction Complete hearsay, not supported by any video or audio evidence we have.

3. Symmetrical "structural failure" – through the path of greatest resistance – at free-fall acceleration - unsupported by any proper scientific measures. Infact the progressive collapse was asymmetrical, starting on the E side and progressing West. thru the path of LEAST resistance (ie the weakest structure). Only a tiny portion of the overall collapse took place at 'free-fall', yet AE911Truth makes no mention of this. This is essentially pure deception on their part.

4. Imploded, collapsing completely, and landed in its own footprint False - unless its footprint included adjacent buildings, Fiterman Hall and the Verizon Bldg, and two streets. Over $1 billion damage was done to other buildings within WTC 7's footprint (according to AE911Truth! Their words)

5. Massive volume of expanding pyroclastic-like clouds Dishonest attempt to conflate the dust with some exotic, hot process which is unsupported by any evidence at all. The word 'pyroclastic' has no place here, except to misinform - else why do they back away from just calling it pyroclastic, not 'pyroclastic-like'? And since when (ie never) do CD's produce pyroclastic clouds????? Well, Mr. Gage?? Well??

6. Expert corroboration from the top European controlled demolition professional Who looked at a silent video for 5 minutes, and did not perform a detailed analysis. At best this is highly misleading, at worst it's basically fraudulent. The fact is that America's top demolition experts found the opposite - AE911Truth is too dishonest to mention this fact.

7. Foreknowledge of "collapse" by media, NYPD, FDNY - this is one of the scummiest parts of their disinformation campaign - to malign NYPD and FDNY by implying they were 'in on it'.

AE911Truth is pushing a fraudulent set of 'facts', and attempting to pin a lot of it on first responders. That's about as low as you can go......

This is a failed organization for failed ideas. Nothing more.

Last edited by alienentity; 13th September 2011 at 04:58 PM.
alienentity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2011, 04:53 PM   #33
alienentity
Illuminator

According to AE911Truth, the massive conspiracy to murder Americans was carried out in part by:

The media
FDNY
NYPD

In their own words 'Foreknowledge of "collapse" by media, NYPD, FDNY'

There IS NO OTHER interpretation of this statement but that Richard Gage and his organization are accusing first responders of being part of the conspiracy. The 'evidence' behind this accusation is a flimsy as the rest of Gage's CONspiracy Dog and Pony Show, and he has the temerity to fly all over the world infecting people's minds with his malicious brand of conspiramongering.

Just think: while FDNY professionals correctly figured out that WTC 7 would probably collapse, they are rewarded for this competence by being accused of being part of a conspiracy to destroy it. That's the kind of lowlife gutter-trolling mind that is informing the '9/11 Truth' movement.

Gage may have the appearance of a civilized, affable person, but his thoughts are low, dark and evil. His 'charisma' does not fool me for a second. He is a con man in the classic sense of the word.
Old 13th September 2011, 05:00 PM   #34
newton3376

Good summary alienentity...I agree with you about Gage.

In fact I see the whole lot of the "leaders" like that.

One thing I find really REALLY irritating (as an EE) is that STUPID phrase "the path of least resistance". I have asked truthers about this before and they try to use ELECTRICITY as an example (even KNOWING I am an EE).

I try explaining to them....electrical current doesn't *really* take the path of least resistance (otherwise parallel circuits wouldn't work the way they do) it actually takes every available path.....

Without going into this topic any deeper than that....I have tried and tried to explain this concept to them....but it's like they aren't registering my arguments or something. I can correct them 100 times and they just merrily repeat the same error as if I never said anything at all.

It's freaking bizarre....
Old 13th September 2011, 07:13 PM   #35
ozeco41
Philosopher

Another point which is rarely made about that 1%.

Take a poll of average citizens on just about any topic and include a bat crap crazy option in the poll options. You would expect 2-3% if not more to vote for the ratbag fringe option.

So there are far less supporting 9/11 so called truth than would support the extreme nut case version of just about any other topic you could name.
ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2011, 11:42 PM   #36
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Even if all this were true:

1. Rapid onset of collapse This is not a feature that distinguishes CD from natural collapse. It is not even clear what is meant by this. What's the alternative? Would it look less suspicious if the building started to collapse gradually? Why?

3. Symmetrical "structural failure" through the path of greatest resistance at free-fall acceleration This is not a feature that distinguishes CD from natural collapse. Both CDs and natural collapses can occur either symmetrically or asymmetrically.

4. Imploded, collapsing completely, and landed in its own footprint This is not a feature that distinguishes CD from natural collapse. In fact, most CDs are not meant to land in the building footprint. Both CDs and natural collapses can occur either into the footpint or not.

5. Massive volume of expanding pyroclastic-like clouds This is not a feature that distinguishes CD from natural collapse. All collapses of large buildings, both CD and natural, that contain large amounts of concrete and gypsum will exhibit great volumes of massively expanding dust clouds. None of these are pyroclastic.

7. Foreknowledge of "collapse" by media, NYPD, FDNY This is not a feature that distinguishes CD from natural collapse. Natural events can be predicted, too.
Old 13th September 2011, 11:45 PM   #37
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

1% out of 1.7 million is 17,000.
0.5% out of 1.7 million is 8,500.

Half of 8,500 is 4,250....

They claim to have a little over 1500 Engineers and Architects....so they are not even 50% of the way to making half of a percent....

Is there something there you don't agree with?
Well, your estimate is still unnecessarily high.

The 1.7 million is only engineers, not architects; and only US Amricans, not worldwide.
The 1500 contain both architects and Non-US engineers.

You are comparing apples and fruits.
Old 14th September 2011, 02:08 AM   #38
newton3376

The 1.7 million is only engineers, not architects; and only US Amricans, not worldwide.

Oh I see...

I agree that my figure is high....but that is my point....even when I stack the deck in their favor...they still come up with a pathetic hand.

Hopefully some truthers read this thread and get the hint...

I'm not holding my breath though...
Old 14th September 2011, 06:50 AM   #39
Edx
Philosopher

You're also forgetting that you need to add "retired" to all catagories, because they accept retired A+E in the 1.5k as far as I know, which makes the % even more pathetic.
Edx is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2011, 07:23 AM   #40
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

You're also forgetting that you need to add "retired" to all catagories, because they accept retired A+E in the 1.5k as far as I know, which makes the % even more pathetic.
They also accept dead people, as surely some of those who signed during 4 years have died in the meantime.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories