ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags ae911truth

View Poll Results: When will the AE911 petition reach juggernaut strength of 1%?
20 years 2 0.93%
50 years 2 0.93%
Never 79 36.57%
Who cares?….it's retarded anyway..... 133 61.57%
Voters: 216. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16th February 2012, 09:18 AM   #121
sheeplesnshills
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Scott Sommers View Post
One thing this points to is the lack of organic growth among the target audience. So what you say? Everyone knows that 9/11 Truth is for the mental rejects of our world. But it means more than that. It also means the existing members are not involved in internal discussion inside the profession.

This is a significant point, and I would like to hear what Gage has to say about it. Why is it that his 1500+ licensed landscape architects and mechanical engineers are not involved in or able to convince their peers? Why is it that only Gage with his ppts, speaking in church basements and coffee shops, is able to turn the minds of free?
It is curious that they do not line a real expert............They say they have 1500 to choose from.......... instead they stick with a 2nd 3rd rate former architect.....who does insane things like this....

sheeplesnshills is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2012, 09:45 AM   #122
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by sheeplesnshills View Post
It is curious that they do not line a real expert............They say they have 1500 to choose from.......... instead they stick with a 2nd 3rd rate former architect.....who does insane things like this....

http://i643.photobucket.com/albums/u...tos/BoxBoy.jpg
I don't think you give Gage enough credit. That demonstration was perfectly suited to his target audience.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2012, 10:43 AM   #123
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

One thing this points to is the lack of organic growth among the target audience. So what you say? Everyone knows that 9/11 Truth is for the mental rejects of our world. But it means more than that. It also means the existing members are not involved in internal discussion inside the profession.

This is a significant point, and I would like to hear what Gage has to say about it. Why is it that his 1500+ licensed landscape architects and mechanical engineers are not involved in or able to convince their peers? Why is it that only Gage with his ppts, speaking in church basements and coffee shops, is able to turn the minds of free?
Bingo.

What should be even more disturbing to them is the concurrent trend that the number of "Other Supporters" is growing relatively faster (exp. growth rate is about double that of A&E), and the decline of linear growth among these non-experts is not as pronounced. So apparently, it is specifically the trained professionals who Gage fails to reach, and fails more and more.

There seems to be a significant component of organic growth among the uneducated, but absolutely none among the educated.
Oystein is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2012, 09:16 PM   #124
Scott Sommers
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
Bingo.

What should be even more disturbing to them is the concurrent trend that the number of "Other Supporters" is growing relatively faster (exp. growth rate is about double that of A&E), and the decline of linear growth among these non-experts is not as pronounced. So apparently, it is specifically the trained professionals who Gage fails to reach, and fails more and more.

There seems to be a significant component of organic growth among the uneducated, but absolutely none among the educated.
I am going through their list of local organizers
http://ae911truth.org/en/component/c...ion-group.html
trying to find out what sort of person joins AE911T. I've only gone through about a quarter of them, but it appears to me that NONE of these people are architects or engineers. The Action Leaders are all drawn from "Other Supporters".
I've seen it here and in several other places that there is no Illuminati. That doesn't even make sense. There's a Wikipedia entry that talks about it. I'm not saying that everything on Wikipedia is true, but if you read it, it's just really clear how the Illuminati controls the world.
Scott Sommers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th February 2012, 04:48 AM   #125
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

I am going through their list of local organizers
http://ae911truth.org/en/component/c...ion-group.html
trying to find out what sort of person joins AE911T. I've only gone through about a quarter of them, but it appears to me that NONE of these people are architects or engineers. The Action Leaders are all drawn from "Other Supporters".
Starting at the end of the list, I found several of these names on the current list of 1660 A&E signatures
Oystein is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th February 2012, 06:55 AM   #126
Scott Sommers
Illuminator

Starting at the end of the list, I found several of these names on the current list of 1660 A&E signatures
Foreign chapters of AE911 are listed at the end of the list. I assumed these were more likely to be architects or something that counted, but that's not true.

Harun Altay, MS in Computer Eng, BS in Computer Sci
MS in Computer Eng, BS in Computer Sci
Istanbul, Istanbul – Turkey

Wico Valk, Architect
Ir., Architecture, TU Delft
Delft – The Netherlands

Hans De Jonge
Mechanical engineer (diploma 1966), structural engineer and civil engineer concrete and steel (diploma 1972). I have been working for 20 years as a structural engineer. Now I'm working as an adviser and technical controller on a house-building project.

Wibren Visser
Life-long career in civil aircraft design (University of Delft, Fokker, VFW, MBB & Airbus), as well as being an ambassador for those companies mentioned, having full responsibility leading world-wide projects for implementing non-military passenger and transport aircraft into existing aviation companies. Presently I am officially retired. But I am active...

Mike Bondi
Graduated from the University of Waterloo, Ontario in 1994. Worked from 1994 - 2002 as an electronic design engineer and project manager at several major Canadian high-technology companies. Joined Deloitte in 2003 as a consulting engineer and senior manager. Licensed as a professional engineer in the province of Ontario. Now continue to work as an engineering business consultant and director for a leading Ontario firm.

Canadians who are Action Group leaders - Sandra Jelmi, Darcy Wearing and David Long - are not listed on the AE9/11 petition. Although I understand Sandra is quite committed to promoting astrology in the Montreal area.

Apparently this is not an issue of national discrimination. Jo Anne Bonjukian from Port Orchard is also not on the petition, but she does have an interest in chemtrails.

I'm a little confused about how someone can be the local contact for AE9/11T and not be eligible to sign their petition. It makes me wonder if, as we discussed before, even the 'qualified' people are not really interested in the group.
I've seen it here and in several other places that there is no Illuminati. That doesn't even make sense. There's a Wikipedia entry that talks about it. I'm not saying that everything on Wikipedia is true, but if you read it, it's just really clear how the Illuminati controls the world.
Scott Sommers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th February 2012, 10:08 AM   #127
Scott Sommers
Illuminator

I got tired. Maybe I'll finish this tomorrow.
Not on the AE 911T petition
Donald Stahl
Sue Atkinson
Jared Weston
Tom Blankers
David Slesinger
Tony Taylor
Dick Atlee
Susan Serpa
Jonathan Mark
Joe D'Angelo
Richard Krushnic
Dennis Scar
Dave Rickerson
Mikie Smith
Phillip Block
Harold Saive
Bowen Roberts
Bruce Morgan
Don Plummer
Amanda Hall
John Meaders
Jeff Lostrie
Kathy Rogers
Nathan Flach
Knut MacCormack
Pamela Senzee
William Elwell
Mark Graham
Randy Shahbazian
Andrea Sharp
Raybob Bowman
Laila Selk
Tony Wicher
Tony Kellam
Jared Bedecarre
Johann Joseph

On the AE 911T petition
Steve Cohn (electrical engineer)
Peter D. Morse, P.E.(mechanical engineer)
Daniel A Noël (electronic engineer)
Rich Caragol (architect) I am primarily a residential/ small commercial architect
Dick W. Scar last worked as a powerplant engineer in 1972
Wayne Coste (electrical engineer)
Blake Shatto (civil engineer)
Jonathan H. Cole, P.E. (civil engineer)
Rich McCampbell, PE (chemical engineer)
Stan Beattie (generic engineer)
Old 18th February 2012, 10:44 AM   #128
ergo
Illuminator

Canadians who are Action Group leaders - Sandra Jelmi, Darcy Wearing and David Long - are not listed on the AE9/11 petition. Although I understand Sandra is quite committed to promoting astrology in the Montreal area.

I'm a little confused about how someone can be the local contact for AE9/11T and not be eligible to sign their petition. It makes me wonder if, as we discussed before, even the 'qualified' people are not really interested in the group.

Might help if Scott actually looked at the petition signatures. (Warning: they don't read like Facebook pages... )

And to address the underlying question: I've supported AETruth from the beginning, but I only recently signed the petition. Partly because they already have so many signatures, I didn't feel any urgency to add mine to the list.
Old 18th February 2012, 11:04 AM   #129
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by ergo View Post
And to address the underlying question: I've supported AETruth from the beginning, but I only recently signed the petition. Partly because they already have so many signatures, I didn't feel any urgency to add mine to the list.
"So many" as compared to what? You do realize that if 9/11 "truth" is a world issue, this list is smaller than insignificant?

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th February 2012, 05:46 PM   #130
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
Originally Posted by ergo View Post
So you agree that signing the petition was a waste of time.
Old 18th February 2012, 08:06 PM   #131
Scott Sommers
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Orphia Nay View Post
So you agree that signing the petition was a waste of time.
In spite of all the petty name calling that talk of AE911T generates, this thread has been very helpful to me. It appears that Gage was initially able to find pockets of interest for his ideas among architects and engineers, although most of them have questionable relevant expertise. The more noticeable problem is the apparent lack of professional interest. I can guess he thought that having a large enough number of people would start generating a professional discourse. That's a reasonable enough supposition. It's just that it's wrong.

AE911T has been unable to generate enough interest among the architects and engineers it was originally aimed at. Its return rate in terms of recruiting new 'qualified' members is dropping rapidly. Also, as an organization, it appears to be being run primarily by non-members - as if members are not interested enough to join in the administration of the group.

I'd like to ask Gage about this. And I'd like to see how far he goes with this and how he eventually responds. The Aum Shinrikyo was a peaceful meditation group. It was only after their leadership became frustrated with the groups expansion that they turned to the violence that spawned the Tokyo Gas Attacks. I wonder how far a frustrated Gage can take this.
Old 18th February 2012, 08:33 PM   #132
Orphia Nay
Tagger

In spite of all the petty name calling that talk of AE911T generates, this thread has been very helpful to me. It appears that Gage was initially able to find pockets of interest for his ideas among architects and engineers, although most of them have questionable relevant expertise. The more noticeable problem is the apparent lack of professional interest. I can guess he thought that having a large enough number of people would start generating a professional discourse. That's a reasonable enough supposition. It's just that it's wrong.

AE911T has been unable to generate enough interest among the architects and engineers it was originally aimed at. Its return rate in terms of recruiting new 'qualified' members is dropping rapidly. Also, as an organization, it appears to be being run primarily by non-members - as if members are not interested enough to join in the administration of the group.
Yes, this has been a helpful thread, especially your comments and Oystein's updates.

I'd like to ask Gage about this. And I'd like to see how far he goes with this and how he eventually responds. The Aum Shinrikyo was a peaceful meditation group. It was only after their leadership became frustrated with the groups expansion that they turned to the violence that spawned the Tokyo Gas Attacks. I wonder how far a frustrated Gage can take this.
Yes, he might think he's playing it safe (by being the only paid member of AE911T), but I think he's riding the ragged edge of disaster by allowing all sorts of contributors to post stories on his website, and by the following:

Yes, I think that's what happens. AE911T urges their supporters to bug Congressmen / politicians, and then random people ambush their Congressmen at meet'n'greets.

Who is Mark Phillips? (He's not on AE911Truth's Form 990 as a member of staff.) AE911T have uploaded his videos on this subject:

http://www.youtube.com/ae911truth#p/.../0/lfDdHpdvf3o

http://www.youtube.com/ae911truth#p/.../0/j1MiJuYJuEU

You can see that the politicians give the standard reply to all their constituents. But AE911T calls this "Mr/Ms X meets with AE911T". If they were truthful they would call them "AE911T groupie ambushes Mr/MsX".
Old 19th February 2012, 01:16 PM   #133
cantonear1968
Graduate Poster

Foreign chapters of AE911 are listed at the end of the list. I assumed these were more likely to be architects or something that counted, but that's not true.

Harun Altay, MS in Computer Eng, BS in Computer Sci
MS in Computer Eng, BS in Computer Sci
Istanbul, Istanbul – Turkey

Wico Valk, Architect
Ir., Architecture, TU Delft
Delft – The Netherlands

Hans De Jonge
Mechanical engineer (diploma 1966), structural engineer and civil engineer concrete and steel (diploma 1972). I have been working for 20 years as a structural engineer. Now I'm working as an adviser and technical controller on a house-building project.

Wibren Visser
Life-long career in civil aircraft design (University of Delft, Fokker, VFW, MBB & Airbus), as well as being an ambassador for those companies mentioned, having full responsibility leading world-wide projects for implementing non-military passenger and transport aircraft into existing aviation companies. Presently I am officially retired. But I am active...

Mike Bondi
Graduated from the University of Waterloo, Ontario in 1994. Worked from 1994 - 2002 as an electronic design engineer and project manager at several major Canadian high-technology companies. Joined Deloitte in 2003 as a consulting engineer and senior manager. Licensed as a professional engineer in the province of Ontario. Now continue to work as an engineering business consultant and director for a leading Ontario firm.

Apparently this is not an issue of national discrimination. Jo Anne Bonjukian from Port Orchard is also not on the petition, but she does have an interest in chemtrails.

You know, the ignorance and bias of these so-called professional engineers is astonishing! I can only assume that they are being deliberately vague with things that sound "sciencey" so they can deceive an uneducated audience. This from his Personal Statment:

Quote:
The impact of one airplane cannot damage this large structure very much because the support is instantly re-arranged to the undamaged support system. The total collapse is therefore technically impossible.
Claiming NIST concluded the WTCs collapsed from an airplane impact, and that this impossible, is so grossly simplistic and misleading I can only assume he is being deliberately deceptive as opposed to shear incompetence. It completely ignores the conditions that occurred AS A RESULT of the plane impacts. I assume that was Mr. de Jonge's intentions.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
-Good luck America with President Trump
cantonear1968 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th February 2012, 06:31 AM   #134
Scott Sommers
Illuminator

Yes, this has been a helpful thread, especially your comments and Oystein's updates.

Yes, he might think he's playing it safe (by being the only paid member of AE911T), but I think he's riding the ragged edge of disaster by allowing all sorts of contributors to post stories on his website, and by the following:
I'd like to talk to Gage about this. If there was an AE9/11T meeting near me, I'd go and ask him. Anyone want to volunteer?
Old 20th February 2012, 05:15 PM   #135
atavisms
Critical Thinker

They also accept dead people, as surely some of those who signed during 4 years have died in the meantime.
This is not uncommon, especially if a person has died in recent years and often times, even with someone long dead their affiliations often remain intact posthumously. And why wouldn't they? Death does not diminish one's accomplishments or what one stood or fought against while they were alive.

The idea (Ive seen repeatedly) that there is any significant statistical correlation between the number of architects/engineers who have signed the AE911TRUTH.ORG http://www2.ae911truth.org/signpetition.php petition, vs. those who have not, is fallacious because it compares two different sample groups as if they were one. These include those who have researched beyond the official conspiracy theory (and of these the majority realize that the anomalies far surpass anything we should expect; even with such unprecedented events, -vs the vast majority. who get their information from the corporate media and for the most part have never even heard of Building 7.

Last edited by atavisms; 20th February 2012 at 05:33 PM.
atavisms is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th February 2012, 05:44 PM   #136
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by atavisms View Post
...because it compares two different sample groups as if they were one. These include those who have researched beyond the official conspiracy theory (and of these the majority realize that the anomalies far surpass anything we should expect; even with such unprecedented events, -vs the vast majority. who get their information from the corporate media and for the most part have never even heard of Building 7.
Let me sort this out:

So you are saying that there is number of architects and engineers "who have researched beyond the official conspiracy theory" - let's denote this number as A. And you say that of those, there is a number, let's call it B, who "realize that the anomalies far surpass anything we should expect"; the rest of that number A, or A-B, is then those who do NOT "realize that the anomalies far surpass anything we should expect". And then you say that B is the "majority" of A.
Formally:
B > A-B

Ok, hands down. How do you know this? Have you evaluated these numbers? Do you know the numbers A and B? Or can you justify upper and lower limits for these numbers?

Please show your assumptions and work to prove that B > A-B!

Or, alternatively, admit that you made that "fact" up.
Old 20th February 2012, 06:54 PM   #137
Scott Sommers
Illuminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by atavisms
...because it compares two different sample groups as if they were one. These include those who have researched beyond the official conspiracy theory (and of these the majority realize that the anomalies far surpass anything we should expect; even with such unprecedented events, -vs the vast majority. who get their information from the corporate media and for the most part have never even heard of Building 7.
This is where the Truther dudes fall down. They're putting the cart before the horse. There is no professional outcry. The only voice that promotes this opinion is AE9/11T. Which, as Oystein clearly demonstrated is increasingly having to reply on the work of members who are neither architects, engineers, nor scientists in any sense.

Now I regularly see Truthers state that there are these vast numbers of construction professionals who believe this. Personally, I know a lot of architects and civil engineers who build large steel-framed buildings and they all laugh when I talk about 9/11 conspiracies. So, as Oystein asks in his previous post, where are all these construction professionals who aren't members of AE9/11T who support these conspiracy theories? I want to know where they are. I'd like to know why they're so quite. I want to know why their professional associations have said nothing about this for the last 11 years.
Old 20th February 2012, 07:25 PM   #138
Edx
Philosopher

This is not uncommon, especially if a person has died in recent years and often times, even with someone long dead their affiliations often remain intact posthumously. And why wouldn't they? Death does not diminish one's accomplishments or what one stood or fought against while they were alive.

The idea (Ive seen repeatedly) that there is any significant statistical correlation between the number of architects/engineers who have signed the AE911TRUTH.ORG http://www2.ae911truth.org/signpetition.php petition, vs. those who have not, is fallacious because it compares two different sample groups as if they were one. These include those who have researched beyond the official conspiracy theory (and of these the majority realize that the anomalies far surpass anything we should expect; even with such unprecedented events, -vs the vast majority. who get their information from the corporate media and for the most part have never even heard of Building 7.
As usual truthers claim that complete lack of support proves support.
Edx is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th February 2012, 09:17 PM   #139
Lenbrazil
Muse

Originally Posted by Oystein
They also accept dead people, as surely some of those who signed during 4 years have died in the meantime.

OMG it's amazing how many fallacies a Truther can squeeze into one post:

1) Oystein's point seems to have be that including dead As & Es exaggerates their total and relative numbers.

2) Truthers normally claim that the collapses obviously violate the laws of physics and engineering, IF that were true it should be especially obvious to As & Es.

3) Since at last count about 0.06% of US As & Es signed even if only 0.13% of them "have researched beyond the official conspiracy theory" then less than half of those who have done so signed. The % of foreign As & Es who've signed is massively smaller

4) Compare those infinitesimally small number to the 1 - 2% of NYC registered voters who physically signed similar petitions in a much shorter time frame.

5)The collapses were the most massive engineering failures of all time only a truther could believe that so few engineers would have examined them closely
Lenbrazil is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st February 2012, 09:03 AM   #140
Lenbrazil
Muse

Oh I forgot to include a point above:

6) According to a May 2006 Zogby poll 38% of Americans were aware of the collapse of 7 WTC. presumably 6 years later the % of As & Es aware of it would be higher, none the less, less than 0.1% of them signed the petition.

Last edited by Lenbrazil; 21st February 2012 at 09:05 AM.
Lenbrazil is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st February 2012, 09:19 AM   #141
tsig
a carbon based life-form

"Old Joe voted Democrat all his life so why should a little thing like death stop him now".

(Chicago ward boss)
tsig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th February 2012, 01:02 PM   #142
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Update near the end of the month:
A&E signatures:
jan 29: 1660
feb 14: 1664
4 new signatures in 16 days, which is 1 new A&E professional convinced by every one of the already existing 1660 A&E once every 18.2 years
feb 14: 1664
feb 28: 1671
7 new signatures in 14 days, which is 1 new A&E professional convinced by every one of the already existing 1664 A&E once every 9.1 years

Other Supporters:
jan 29: 14,288
feb 14: 14,374
86 new signatures in 16 days, which is 1 new Other Supporter convinced by every one of the already existing 14,288 OS once every 7.3 years
feb 14: 14,374
feb 28: 14,439
65 new signatures in 16 days, which is 1 new Other Supporter convinced by every one of the already existing 14,374 OS once every 8.5 years

So the A&E have been doing relatively well the last 2 weeks. Still fewer new signatures per week than a year ago.
Old 29th February 2012, 02:25 AM   #143
cjnewson88
Graduate Poster

I love these little updates Oystein does. It's some what comforting to watch an organisation as malicious as ae911 slowly die and shrivel further into insignificance..

Keep up the good work Oystein
cjnewson88 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th February 2012, 04:10 AM   #144
Scott Sommers
Illuminator

This is a brilliant calculation. Thank you for the effort.

Does anyone have the chance to ask Gage for a comment?
Old 29th February 2012, 05:42 AM   #145
Scott Sommers
Illuminator

Could you provide a graph showing the declining numbers over time?

I suspect what this is showing is that almost all the recruiting is done by a few or even one person. So as membership goes up, the ratio of existing members to newly recruited members goes down.
Old 29th February 2012, 03:27 PM   #146
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Could you provide a graph showing the declining numbers over time?

I suspect what this is showing is that almost all the recruiting is done by a few or even one person. So as membership goes up, the ratio of existing members to newly recruited members goes down.
I did a graphic two weeks ago:
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...&postcount=115

Does that help? Yes, the ratio of existing members to newly recruited members goes down all the time, but even the total number of new recruits per week or month has been going down significantly ther last two years. So not only does the membership base fail totally in recruiting, the central propaganda bureau is getting less and less effective, or perhaps they are getting closer to saturating their total potential.
Old 7th March 2012, 03:39 PM   #147
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Ahh on the homepage of ae911truth.org there is a new fundraiser:

Quote:
Ten-City Canada Tour

Raised $120 of $3,200
2 contributors | Ends Apr 8

Major tour from West to East to support the petition for a new 9/11 investigation in Canadian parliament - our best hope for a real WTC investigation. Donate today.
So it's
mar 07: $120 (2 contributors), ends Apr 8, $target 3,200
32 days to go, $3,080 missing
That would require $96.25 per day from now on. Last fundraiser started with an expectation of somnething like $1300 per day, but actually managed to collect only 10% of that. They are getting really careful with their expectations!
Who is going to bet they'll reach their target in time?

And why I am at it:

A&E - mar 07: 1,672 (1 new in 8 days)
OS - mar 07: 14,485 (46 new in 8 days)

So in the aftermath of NoI, non-professionals are growing nicely, prodessionals almost stall. As expected.
Old 12th March 2012, 10:11 AM   #148
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Ahh on the homepage of ae911truth.org there is a new fundraiser:

So it's
mar 07: $120 (2 contributors), ends Apr 8, $target 3,200
32 days to go, $3,080 missing
That would require $96.25 per day from now on. Last fundraiser started with an expectation of somnething like $1300 per day, but actually managed to collect only 10% of that. They are getting really careful with their expectations!
Who is going to bet they'll reach their target in time?

And why I am at it:

A&E - mar 07: 1,672 (1 new in 8 days)
OS - mar 07: 14,485 (46 new in 8 days)

So in the aftermath of NoI, non-professionals are growing nicely, prodessionals almost stall. As expected.
Oboyoboyoboyoboy...

5 days later:

- fundraiser still stuck at $120 (2 contributors)
- A&E still at 1672
- Other supporters increased by only 9, now 14,494

Seems like no one cares for the Canadian petition.
Seems like the departure of Brian Romanoff due to the NoI disagreement left their petition-check team seriously understaffed.
Or perhaps they are dying even sooner.
Old 15th March 2012, 03:26 AM   #149
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Ides of March.

Fundraiser still at $120 (2 contributors), goal 3200 till April 8
A&E 1674 (+3 in 16 days since feb 28th)

That's so far a really really bad month for AE911T!
Old 18th March 2012, 12:10 PM   #150
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

I just noticed a second current fundraiser on the AE911T homepage, this one for "BFT Digital Distribution": "Get 9/11: Blueprint for Truth on Netflix, iTunes, Blockbuster, Aggregator contracts".
http://widget.chipin.com/widget/id/882604da58b0c54e

Started: Mar 3
Target: $4,700 by Mar 24
Current: $879.11 (15 contributors)
At this pace ($58.60/day) they'll get there in 65 days and miss the target date by 2 months. They needed $223,81/day, nearly 4 times as much as they get.

The other numbers as of mar 18:[list][*]A&E: stuck at 1,674[*]OS: stuck at 14,507[*]Fundraiser "Eleven-City Canada Tour": $745 (15 contributors). Since mar 12, that's $104/day. They needed then $114/day, so that is almost on pace.[/LIST

With the singature numbers stuck, it seems like they are really feeling Brian Romanoff's departure
Old 19th March 2012, 02:06 PM   #151
Orphia Nay
Tagger

Thanks again for all your updates, Oystein. Always worth reading.
Old 20th March 2012, 04:13 AM   #152
Scott Sommers
Illuminator

With the singature numbers stuck, it seems like they are really feeling Brian Romanoff's departure
Great work. This is very interesting to me.

What is it that Brian Romanoff did to raise this money and recruit members? Since all this money comes from individual donations, what was he doing? Running around to coffee shops? Phoning up all the local crazies that he knows? Any ideas exactly what he did that could be missed?
Old 20th March 2012, 04:29 AM   #153
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

No no much more mundane than that: He was the main guy in charge of checking the validity of new signatures. You know, see if a professional engineer's license # matched the name on the application, such stuff. Or that the name is not "Darth Vader", or other silly crap that they had plenty of in the early days. When you sign the petition, it only shows up after approval by Brian, team or successor. Remember, a while ago I submitted a fake signature as "other supporter", iirc - using real name and everything, but made it clear in the "personal message" box that I actually think they are bunk and was only testing the system. A while later, maybe 2 weeks, I got a reply from Brian informing me courteously that my signature was rejected, but no harm done.

This reminds me actually - when I checked membership development after the NoI event, and there wasn't any, really, I forgot that any new signers might be delayed by days or weeks.

Last edited by Oystein; 20th March 2012 at 04:30 AM.
Old 22nd March 2012, 07:56 AM   #154
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

I just noticed a second current fundraiser on the AE911T homepage, this one for "BFT Digital Distribution": "Get 9/11: Blueprint for Truth on Netflix, iTunes, Blockbuster, Aggregator contracts".
http://widget.chipin.com/widget/id/882604da58b0c54e

Started: Mar 3
Target: $4,700 by Mar 24
Current: $879.11 (15 contributors)
At this pace ($58.60/day) they'll get there in 65 days and miss the target date by 2 months. They needed $223,81/day, nearly 4 times as much as they get.

The other numbers as of mar 18:
  • A&E: stuck at 1,674
  • Fundraiser "Eleven-City Canada Tour": $745 (15 contributors). Since mar 12, that's $104/day. They needed then $114/day, so that is almost on pace.

Nothing new on both fundraisers, both still stuck.
mar 22:
Two days to go on the latter. I see another TM target getting missed badly...
Old 26th March 2012, 12:24 AM   #155
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Nothing new on both fundraisers, both still stuck.
mar 22:
Two days to go on the latter. I see another TM target getting missed badly...
The end day for the BFT Digital Distribution fundraiser came and went without a single other dollar chipped in and only 18% of the target reached. They made $879.11 in 21 days = $42/day. Average contributor payed $58.60.

mar 26:
Old 26th March 2012, 03:11 AM   #156
minnemouse
Critical Thinker

Average contributor payed $58.60.
There is one born every second.....

Just to put the support of the A&E911 gang into context; the KKK has 3-4 times as many (official) members as the A&E911. I do think its easier to find engineers and architects than real racisist, so why are the A&E911 numbers so low?
Old 27th March 2012, 10:04 AM   #157
newton3376
The Truth Movement.....still not at 1%

I'm back

I stayed away for a few months to catch my breath.....the topic is just too interesting for me to completely give it up

Old 28th March 2012, 11:12 PM   #158
newton3376
The Truth Movement.....still not at 1%

Cmon truthers!

Gage has only $955 for his earth-shattering-new investigation generating Canada tour!

This is the best hope you have...........all the youtube videos......all the powerpoint slides.........all the truther papers that never quite made it to peer review........all the posts on internet forums....all the truther rallies that no one shows up for...

It all comes down to this!

The Canada tour.....donate now so Richard can upgrade to the king size bed in the hotel!
Old 29th March 2012, 01:28 AM   #159
Orphia Nay
Tagger

Welcome back, newton3376.
Old 29th March 2012, 01:29 AM   #160
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by newton3376 View Post
Cmon truthers!

Gage has only $955 for his earth-shattering-new investigation generating Canada tour!

This is the best hope you have...........all the youtube videos......all the powerpoint slides.........all the truther papers that never quite made it to peer review........all the posts on internet forums....all the truther rallies that no one shows up for...

It all comes down to this!

The Canada tour.....donate now so Richard can upgrade to the king size bed in the hotel!
Hehe yeah only $18 short of a decent room-service breakfast ^^

But - why do you have $955? I can Ctrl-F5 my heart out, the campaign is stuck at $745 on my computer

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories