ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 21st February 2017, 10:23 AM   #161
pgimeno
Illuminator

The data that the real time graph is using is here:
http://www.formauri.es/personal/pgim...tition-log.txt

It's updated every 10 minutes. Times are in CET, and converted to EST for the graph. When Fonebone posted, it was already at 997. 24 hours before that, it was at 992.

I don't know what caused the streak that started on 2017-02-16T00:46:59+0100, but it seems it has lost all traction by now.
Old 21st February 2017, 10:29 AM   #162
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by pgimeno View Post
I don't know what caused the streak that started on 2017-02-16T00:46:59+0100, but it seems it has lost all traction by now.
Typical pattern - some website or newsletter links to petition, a couple hundred of the sectarians flock to it, activity peaks after 1 1/2 days and peters off after 4 days or so, usually. There is NEVER any organic development - one sectarian telling his friends and family and being taken serious.

Last edited by Oystein; 21st February 2017 at 10:36 AM.
Oystein is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st February 2017, 10:36 AM   #163
pgimeno
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Fonebone View Post
Four votes short of 1000.
--IOW-- just short of the one percent of the total required for the White House to acknowledge.
Where do you get that from? I see nothing about the Whitehouse "acknowledging" anything at 1%. I see this:
AS OF JANUARY 15, 2013:
To cross the first threshold and be searchable within WhiteHouse.gov, a petition must reach 150 signatures within 30 days.
To cross the second threshold and require a response, a petition must reach 100,000 signatures within 30 days.
The Terms of Participation were last updated on March 7, 2016.
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/about#terms

The 150 signatures threshold that allows it to be searchable has already been met. The next threshold is 100,000.

I used 1% as a mark just to emphasize the huge gap with the actual goal of 100,000, not because it is relevant to the petitions in any way, at least that I know of. If I'm proven wrong I'll be happy to admit it, though.
Old 21st February 2017, 10:43 AM   #164
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

I used 1% as a mark just to emphasize the huge gap with the actual goal of 100,000, not because it is relevant to the petitions in any way, at least that I know of. If I'm proven wrong I'll be happy to admit it, though.
Your graph, scaled to that goal of 100,000, ought to be shown again, for clarity:

img

(I assume you are fine with hotlinking the image from your own webserver)
Old 21st February 2017, 10:45 AM   #165
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Where do you get that from? I see nothing about the Whitehouse "acknowledging" anything at 1%.
I suspect you're just misreading him. I took him to mean 1% of (the total which would require a response) and not 1% of the total, (which would require a response).
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st February 2017, 10:45 AM   #166
pgimeno
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
Yes, I didn't do it because I thought it was a bit big and could be considered disruptive.
Old 21st February 2017, 10:49 AM   #167
pgimeno
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
I suspect you're just misreading him. I took him to mean 1% of (the total which would require a response) and not 1% of the total, (which would require a response).
Ah, maybe, thanks. Apologies if so.
Old 21st February 2017, 10:55 AM   #168
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Yes, I didn't do it because I thought it was a bit big and could be considered disruptive.
As long as it isn't wider than 600 px, it's fine.
It is very informative - the most informative content of this thread. This image says more than a thousand votes
Old 21st February 2017, 01:23 PM   #169
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!

999; Will the dream become reality?!!
----------------------------------------------
“That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.” -Christopher Hitchens-
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st February 2017, 05:29 PM   #170
Fonebone
persona non grata

Not true.
Only 21 hours ago, beachnut reported 994.
Now it's 997.

It's not frozen, just very very slow. Or, as you put it so aptly:

Why would anyone bother? Do you imagine that, say, 1.1% is significantly less embarrassing and pathetic than 0.996%?
The tally is, as of 06:14 EST, stands at 1001 signed/verified.
Yes 1.001 % of the total required to be worthy of consideration by
the White House.

Truth once elicited never dies -Bancroft

twoofers versus twidiots , twaitors , twusters and boil-thuckers
Fonebone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st February 2017, 05:54 PM   #171
Jimmy9
Scholar

I`m surprised but that number of signers.
Thought it would be much higher considering all the woo on Youtube.
Bunch of cowards.

Last edited by Jimmy9; 21st February 2017 at 05:55 PM.
Jimmy9 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st February 2017, 08:39 PM   #172
JohnG
Pedantic Bore

More skulduggery ?

More numbskullery.
Old 22nd February 2017, 06:50 AM   #173
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Onwards, ever onwards. 1% is no time to rest. The battle for 2% has only just begun. And who knows, perhaps one day the sunny uplands of getting as many signatories as AE911T claims to have members.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2017, 07:44 AM   #174
Thermal
Master Poster

Allright, it's game time. Only need to get those other 98,995 sigs on the scoreboard today. Couple of Hail-Marys and we got this. No-huddle formation, now. HUT!

Poster Fonebone, the petition you seem to be supporting claims that:

Quote:
The people who are responsible for the events of 911 did not perish in the plane crashes. Quite the contrary, they are still alive and many of them occupy positions of extreme power and influence right here in the US.
Presumably you know specifically who these people are, with the required evidence to demonstrate their guilt? I mean, since you advocate the petition with these claims included. Perhaps you could share this, as Cosmic Yak and others have requested? Maybe the results of your private investigation? Something with a little more teeth than quibbling over graph formats and spouting quotes.

Previously known as MostlyDead. Feeling better now.
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2017, 08:18 AM   #175
Whip
Muse

Originally Posted by MostlyDead View Post
Allright, it's game time. Only need to get those other 98,995 sigs on the scoreboard today. Couple of Hail-Marys and we got this. No-huddle formation, now. HUT!

Poster Fonebone, the petition you seem to be supporting claims that:

Presumably you know specifically who these people are, with the required evidence to demonstrate their guilt? I mean, since you advocate the petition with these claims included. Perhaps you could share this, as Cosmic Yak and others have requested? Maybe the results of your private investigation? Something with a little more teeth than quibbling over graph formats and spouting quotes.

heeeeeeey, wait a minute.....if they allegedly know who was involved etc, why is the bot calling for a new investigation? (PS: send money)
Whip is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2017, 09:24 AM   #176
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

The tally is, as of 06:14 EST, stands at 1001 signed/verified.
Yes 1.001 % of the total required to be worthy of consideration by
the White House.
Math, a skill if used debunks 9/11 truth claims, like the delusional lie petition.

Can you name the bad guys who survived?

How many lies can 9/11 truth nuts put in one petition?
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2017, 10:14 AM   #177
Myriad
Hyperthetical

Your graph, scaled to that goal of 100,000, ought to be shown again, for clarity:

img
http://www.formauri.es/personal/pgim...tion/graph.php

Let's not forget, as well, that even if the 100,000 online petition signatures goal were reached, the reward and effect are trifling. The White House "responds" -- that is, states its own opinion about the matter. Last time I checked, the present White House was rather fond of expressing its opinions on various matters with no prompting at all (while not seeming at all inclined to change any of those opinions based on any kind of public outcry).

When around 100,000 people show up for a live protest, that will make the news reports but still, historically, will have little or no impact on policy. Traveling to a place in person requires vastly more commitment than signing an online petition, so as a conservative estimate let's say it takes 2,000,000 online petition signers to equal 100,000 live protestors (a 20:1 ratio). Of course, live protests become politically impactful at closer to a million participants, so throw in another factor of 10.

Fonebone, you're being distracted by a feel-good goal of 100,000 signatures, which you still can't come close to reaching, for a meaningless result, when what you actually need is more like 20 million signatures to have a chance of achieving the goal you claim to be striving for. You're at .005%, not 1%.
Old 22nd February 2017, 04:33 PM   #178
Thermal
Master Poster

The petition is now closed. You all had your chance. Now the TruthTM may never be known.

Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2017, 04:35 PM   #179
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!

With barely 1% of the needed signatures and the petition now closed one wonders what the next failed idea is.
----------------------------------------------
“That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.” -Christopher Hitchens-
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2017, 05:45 PM   #180
Thermal
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
With barely 1% of the needed signatures and the petition now closed one wonders what the next failed idea is.
Petition to have minimum petition signatures lowered?

Old 23rd February 2017, 01:15 AM   #181
Cosmic Yak
Graduate Poster

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
The petition is now closed. You all had your chance. Now the TruthTM may never be known.
I'm sure there's some special reason why it's all our fault.
Old 23rd February 2017, 01:47 AM   #182
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

If only there were a mountain of evidence pointing to an international terrorist organisation which had proudly and repeatedly claimed to have carried out the 9/11 attacks and declared beforehand that it had the intention of doing that sort of thing, then we might at least have had a vague idea what really happened.

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2017, 05:42 AM   #183
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Please redo both graphs to reflect the actual date the petition
was created -- Monday Jan 23
Yes , the tally numbers are embarrassing and pathetic ...
Final redo.

The petition ran for 30 days.
It had a preliminary target of 100,000 votes (the minimum required to hope for a response - not action - from the White House administration).

To reach that target, an average minimum of 3,334 votes per day is needed.
The single best day (February 07 - counted in my time zone, CET) had 260 votes - 7.8% of the needed average.
The second best day (February 16) had half as many =130 votes - 3.9%. In scientific parlance among statisticians, anything under 5% is conventionally considered "insignificant".
This petition registered "statistically insignificant" on 29 of the 30 days it ran.

The total of 1,008 votes is 1.0 % of the target.

Embarrassing and pathetic indeed.

This is what it looks like - left scale is the target of 100,000 votes, right scale has a maximum of 3,000 (I relax the needed daily average of 3,334) votes per day:

Old 25th February 2017, 05:31 PM   #184
BasqueArch
Graduate Poster

Final redo.

The petition ran for 30 days.
It had a preliminary target of 100,000 votes (the minimum required to hope for a response - not action - from the White House administration).

To reach that target, an average minimum of 3,334 votes per day is needed.
The single best day (February 07 - counted in my time zone, CET) had 260 votes - 7.8% of the needed average.
The second best day (February 16) had half as many =130 votes - 3.9%. In scientific parlance among statisticians, anything under 5% is conventionally considered "insignificant".
This petition registered "statistically insignificant" on 29 of the 30 days it ran.

The total of 1,008 votes is 1.0 % of the target.

Embarrassing and pathetic indeed.

This is what it looks like - left scale is the target of 100,000 votes, right scale has a maximum of 3,000 (I relax the needed daily average of 3,334) votes per day:

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/...psw52mgjgq.gif
That reminds me. How much has Gage raked in recently. Couldn't find the posts with the past nonprofit IRS filings.
In Your Guts You Know They're Nuts. "There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true." -Kierkegaard . "The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. "- Marcus Aurelius
A Truther is a True Believer convinced by lies. You can't reason someone out of a thing they weren't reasoned into.There's a sucker born every minute-Barnum
BasqueArch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th February 2017, 06:18 AM   #185
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by BasqueArch View Post
That reminds me. How much has Gage raked in recently. Couldn't find the posts with the past nonprofit IRS filings.
I have not posted his 2015 IRS filing, because the Form 990 that I have contains at least a couple of gross errors. Haven't seen a correction yet (they would be 3 months late filing a correct form).

Anyway, I just now posted what I have in the appropriate thread.
Old 26th February 2017, 10:05 AM   #186
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

A post in the "Soundtrack" thread prompted me to look through the Facebook page of Pilots for 9/11 Twoof.

There I found a post by Rob Balsamo from January 26:
Originally Posted by Cptn Bob
Anyone who is being asked to sign their name to a new White House petition based on 9/11 research... DO NOT sign your name... it does not represent AE911T nor P4T. Delete it from your pages...
attn: Kelly David
To which Kelly David, AE911Twoof's chief admin, responded that "Yes, AE911Truth has not put out a petition nor are we endorsing any at this time."

But this gave Cptn Bob ideas!

On February 07, he created a WhiteHouse petition:
"Professional Pilots, Architects, Engineers, Scientists, and Military Demand answers for 9/11"
63 signatures as I write.

On February 12, he followed up with this petition:
"Data provided by the NTSB through the FOIA does not support the narrative offered by the 9/11 Commission."
26 signatures as I write!

Being frustrated with how few signatures he got (and noticing that new signatures take a short while to show up at the counter), he created a third petition on February 12:
"Why is it taking so long for the White House to fix Petition Counters?"
3 signatures thus far!

I love how Twoofers never tire to create and collect the evidence of their own utter irrelevance.
Old 26th February 2017, 10:16 AM   #187
Hokulele
Deleterious Slab of Damnation

Being frustrated with how few signatures he got (and noticing that new signatures take a short while to show up at the counter), he created a third petition on February 12:
"Why is it taking so long for the White House to fix Petition Counters?"
3 signatures thus far!

Good grief, that is the funniest thing I have seen this year.
Old 26th February 2017, 01:17 PM   #188
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Balsamo and CIT, nuts forever. Pilots for Ignorance and BS.
Quote:
We do not accept the 9/11 Commission Report -- a Commission admittedly "set up to fail" according to the Chairman himself, nor "hypothesis" as a satisfactory explanation for the continued gross violation(s) of the United States Constitution being committed by Government agencies, and the sacrifice every American has made and continue to make -- some more than others.

We stand with the numerous other growing organizations of Architects and Engineers, Pilots, Firefighters, Lawyers, Scholars, Military Officers, Religious and Political Leaders, along side Survivors, family members of the victims -- family members of soldiers who have made the ultimate sacrifice -- including the many Ground Zero workers who are now ill or have passed away, when we ask for a new independent investigation. https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...nd-answers-911
63 signed up for the BS, ignoring the FBI did the biggest investigation in history. Balsamo ignores the FBI, and reality.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th February 2017, 01:57 PM   #189
John Jones
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
Balsamo and CIT, nuts forever. Pilots for Ignorance and BS.

63 signed up for the BS, ignoring the FBI did the biggest investigation in history. Balsamo ignores the FBI, and reality.

Ha! 63 measly, miserable signatures out of 100,000 needed to get a response.

Pitiful.
Old 26th February 2017, 04:47 PM   #190
pgimeno
Illuminator

There I found a post by Rob Balsamo from January 26:
Originally Posted by Cptn Bob
Anyone who is being asked to sign their name to a new White House petition based on 9/11 research... DO NOT sign your name... it does not represent AE911T nor P4T. Delete it from your pages...
attn: Kelly David
To which Kelly David, AE911Twoof's chief admin, responded that "Yes, AE911Truth has not put out a petition nor are we endorsing any at this time."
Wait. So, Cptn Bob was asking people NOT to sign?

Why? Just because it was not him or AE911T who posted the petition?
Old 26th February 2017, 11:02 PM   #191
gerdbonk
Penultimate Amazing

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Quote:
We do not accept the 9/11 Commission Report -- a Commission admittedly "set up to fail" according to the Chairman himself, nor "hypothesis" as a satisfactory explanation for the continued gross violation(s) of the United States Constitution being committed by Government agencies, and the sacrifice every American has made and continue to make -- some more than others.

Wait... what? Did I sacrifice something? And I'm still sacrificing it? What is it? And who's sacrificing more than me? Is there a published list? How can I get to the top? Is there a prize?

Quote:

We stand with the numerous other growing organizations of Architects and Engineers, Pilots, Firefighters, Lawyers, Scholars, Military Officers, Religious and Political Leaders, along side Survivors, family members of the victims -- family members of soldiers who have made the ultimate sacrifice -- including the many Ground Zero workers who are now ill or have passed away, when we ask for a new independent investigation.

Growing. That's a word with a clear definition. Dwindling also has a clear definition. I'm not sure I understand how one of these words could be mistaken for the other, by any writer or speaker.
Old 27th February 2017, 08:36 AM   #192
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by gerdbonk View Post
Quote:
...growing organizations of ... firefighters...
Growing. That's a word with a clear definition. Dwindling also has a clear definition. I'm not sure I understand how one of these words could be mistaken for the other, by any writer or speaker.
LOL
Eric Lawyer's "Firefighters for 9/11 Twoof" died out years ago, after struggling to gather 100 fire fighting fools (not a single one active at GZ on 9/11).

In September 2015, Gage and Lawyer tried to re-animate the corpse, with the help of Hitler fanboy Rudy Dent. At the time (09/2015), Lawyer created a website "Firefighters for 9/11 Truth & Unity" (http://ff911.truthandunity.org/) which sported a statement of truth and unity that all visitors were asked to sign.
Just under year later, he had gathered an astounding 136 signatures.
Then the website expired and disappeared. It is still for sale today.

"Growing organization"?! Only in a language where "growing" is synonymous with "stone dead".
Old 27th February 2017, 09:41 AM   #193
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Growing moss, perhaps.
Old 27th February 2017, 07:21 PM   #194
Fonebone
persona non grata

LOL
Eric Lawyer's "Firefighters for 9/11 Twoof" died out years ago, after struggling to gather 100 fire fighting fools (not a single one active at GZ on 9/11).

In September 2015, Gage and Lawyer tried to re-animate the corpse, with the help of Hitler fanboy Rudy Dent. At the time (09/2015), Lawyer created a website "Firefighters for 9/11 Truth & Unity" (http://ff911.truthandunity.org/) which sported a statement of truth and unity that all visitors were asked to sign.
Just under year later, he had gathered an astounding 136 signatures.

"Growing organization"?! Only in a language where "growing" is synonymous with "stone dead".
Flapdoodle
Your 'Firefighters for 9/11 truth & unity " link corrupts to a dead-end
BUT The group appears alive and well at ff911truthandunity.org/

Fonebone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2017, 10:02 PM   #195
gerdbonk
Penultimate Amazing

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula
Flapdoodle
Why does an "alive and well" organization have a promotional graphic on their web site for an event dated a year and a half ago? You might want to check the dates on their blog posts as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ha.jpg (36.6 KB, 3 views)
Old 28th February 2017, 09:42 AM   #196
Fonebone
persona non grata

Originally Posted by gerdbonk View Post
Why does an "alive and well" organization have a promotional graphic on their web site for an event dated a year and a half ago? You might want to check the dates on their blog posts as well.
I don't know why a stale web page appears on their site.
My objection to Oystein's post is the following words :
Quote:
Perhaps the site is moribund but certainly at the present has not yet expired.

Old 28th February 2017, 11:13 AM   #197
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

9/11 truth expired over 15 years ago

I don't know why a stale web page appears ...
Websites for delusional claims about 9/11. Websites which celebrate ignorance, hate, and lies. Is there an expiration date for ignorance?
What great quote is next to be soiled while spreading and supporting lies and false claims about 9/11.
Old 28th February 2017, 12:38 PM   #198
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Flapdoodle
Flapdoodle yourself:

"Alive and well" only in a language where "alive and well" means "stone dead".
Check out the blog: Erik himself posted a few posts on September 01, 2015 - and then never another!

I don't know why a stale web page appears on their site.
My objection to Oystein's post is the following words :
Perhaps the site is moribund but certainly at the present has not yet expired.
Flapdoodle squared.
I was talking about his Statement Of Support (I wrote "statement of truth and unity" in my previous post) which is linked to on the page you just provided.
Have you clicked it yet?
it links to an expired website that is on sale.

I was 100% correct when I wrote:
"...a statement of truth and unity that all visitors were asked to sign. Just under year later, he had gathered an astounding 136 signatures.
Then the website expired and disappeared. It is still for sale today."
(except for the title of the statement)

Flapdoodle yourself, Fonebone. Your "movement" is pathetic and embarrassing, as is your desperate attempt to defend even the most pathetic and embarrassing members and failures of said pathetic and embarrassing "movement".
Old 28th February 2017, 05:11 PM   #199
Pinch
Critical Thinker

...alive and well at ff911truthandunity.org/
Alive and well in a Weekend at Bernie's kind of way. Still, don't know which would be preferable - a dead-as-a-doornail site like this Firefighter site or one that still hangs on to some stringy claims of legitimacy like the Pilots 4 9/11 Truth page, hanging on like some old prostitute, plying her corner, having the occasional old John come by and say "Yep!!@!! Those fires can't melt steel!!!!" which is the latest post there. Irrelevancy seems to be the one common denominator though, in both - or either - case.
Old 2nd March 2017, 06:41 AM   #200
Hungry81
Graduate Poster

Lol. Flapdoodle.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Hungry81 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories