ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Non-USA & General Politics

Notices

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Venezuela incidents , Venezuela issues , Venezuela politics

Old 19th June 2018, 07:41 AM   #121
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
Developing countries that respect private property and free markets get richer over time. The country and its population both. But poverty is never completely eradicated.
No, but it gets redefined to mean not destitution but a income below a certain percentage of median. Just because we call the long-term unemployed and largely unemployable Finn living on social security in a distinctly non-luxurious but well-equipped and modern public housing 'poor', doesn't mean he has anything in common with the orphan sifting through garbage for food in Bangladesh.
Old 19th June 2018, 07:55 AM   #122
Ron_Tomkins
Satan's Helper

Venezuela ended a long time ago. Or began to end (Probably since the late 70's after hitting its economical peak) It's been a very long collapse toward the very depth of Hell.

Carl Sagan
Ron_Tomkins is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Non-USA & General Politics