IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 25th September 2022, 02:38 PM   #201
Navigator
Philosopher

The post was self evident as related/connected to the original thread where I was ordered not to share the data of the Generated Messages because these were considered to be "Spam".

Other forums have not only accepted my Generated Messages to be 'other than spam" and allowed them to be published, but the upshot [as seen in the snapshots as evidence] is that the readership is consistent, indicating that the messages themselves are anything BUT the "Gobbledygook" [incoherent] nonsense that the hardnosed skeptics on this site deemed them to be and classified them as SPAM.

I thought I would pop in and share the evidence as I was interested in seeing how the evidence would be treated.

Since I have readership elsewhere, and the mindset hereabouts has made itself clear, the need for ya'll to accept my evidence is non-existent so it is not a case of feeling like anyone is conspiring against ME.

If anything, they who hide from such evidence, conspire against themselves.

I put it down to my generous loving nature of not wanting anyone to miss out on anything...

Apart from that, what else is there to say?

Atheism is not skepticism

Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors. ~ ISF disclaimer
Navigator is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th September 2022, 06:49 PM   #202
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Navigator View Post
The post was self evident as related/connected to the original thread ..<snip>
jI think perhaps we've found one bottleneck here. The post may have seemed self evident to you, but it was not to others, and I suspect that the idea of what it means to communicate an idea to others is not well understood. I sort of guessed it, but could hardly be sure, especially when so much of what you posted earlier in the thread was purposely and openly random and not at all self-evident. A little explanation might have helped the post avoid its sorry fate. It certainly does not help after.

I am happy for you that some others appear not to consider your random posts to be nonsense, though mere readership may not be too good an indication After all, many here would be on record as having opened your posts, whether or not they read them through or considered them relevant, or, for that matter whether or not they realized their awesome wisdom.

But, even to one resistant to the lure of logic, it would be wise to remember that the appeal to popularity is fallacious. Because, after all, if not, the opposite would also hold, and the near-universal dismissal of your ideas here would acquire a very unwelcome significance, wouldn't it?

"There is another world, but it's in this one." (Paul Eluard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th September 2022, 09:44 PM   #203
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

There are far more people who have never heard of cognitive biases, and do not possess the critical thinking skills necessary to recognise them and eliminate their effect, than there are people who have and do. If you have to wilfully ignore those in the second group and actively seek out those in the first in order to get your idea taken seriously, that surely tells you everything you need to know about that idea.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal