IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Old Today, 09:55 AM   #2281
slyjoe
Illuminator

This suit has nothing to do with CNN - it's another money raising scheme.

Quote:
(Bloomberg) -- Less than 24 hours after filing suit against CNN, former President Donald Trump is asking his supporters to donate to his cause.

“I am SUING the Corrupt News Network (CNN) for DEFAMING and SLANDERING my name,” the potential 2024 presidential candidate said in a fund raising email Tuesday that encouraged supporters to contribute $5 or more. “Remember, when they come after ME, they are really coming after YOU.”
https://news.yahoo.com/trump-uses-cn...143932468.html
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 10:12 AM   #2282
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

Originally Posted by slyjoe View Post

That, and probably also an attempt to distract the public, especially the MAGAts, from the boiling hot water that he's jumped into.
Old Today, 05:25 PM   #2283
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by slyjoe View Post

How stupid do you have to be to send $5 to a self-proclaimed billionaire who is filling a defamation suit?
Even if they thought he had very little cash because his wealth was tied up in long-term assets, don’t they know that if the case were winnable, then lawyers would step forward on a contingency basis?

I guess when one’s identity is tied up in only-Trump-can-save-us-from-those-people, then no request for money can be ignored.
Old Today, 05:49 PM   #2284
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post
How stupid do you have to be to send $5 to a self-proclaimed billionaire who is filling a defamation suit?
Even if they thought he had very little cash because his wealth was tied up in long-term assets, don’t they know that if the case were winnable, then lawyers would step forward on a contingency basis?

I guess when one’s identity is tied up in only-Trump-can-save-us-from-those-people, then no request for money can be ignored.
Oh, about this stupid:

Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 05:50 PM   #2285
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post

Just a couple of million rank MAGA idiots would be enough.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 05:53 PM   #2286
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Pacal View Post
Ryszard Kapuscinski's book is a great read but it is basically fiction. Anything it has to say about the declining days of the Ethiopian Empire should not be taken seriously in any sense.
I have heard similar allegations about some of his other work, and suspect much of that is true, but he is an engaging writer, and I thought the parallel in this case interesting.

If you do like Kapusckinski as a writer, I heartily recommend Travels with Herodotus, which I found quite interesting and fun to read, though one does sometimes suspect that his kinship to Herodotus might indeed reveal something about his kinship to strict history.

"There is another world, but it's in this one." (Paul Eluard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics