IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 20th October 2021, 01:04 AM   #601
Susheel
Master Poster

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
It seems like you're choosing to misunderstand my point on purpose, and get outraged about something I'm not saying.
Wow...my irony meter just exploded...
Old 20th October 2021, 01:08 AM   #602
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Susheel View Post
Wow...my irony meter just exploded...
Welcome to the My Irony Meter Just Exploded Club.
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st October 2021, 10:10 AM   #603
Regnad Kcin
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Welcome to the My Irony Meter Just Exploded Club.
No URLs allowed.
Old 21st October 2021, 11:06 AM   #604
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

And it drifted outside that limitation some time ago. What you're doing is trying to restrict it to that limitation in order to declare it's "not that deadly'.
Not to mention Powell was most definitely a politician.

Merriam Webster: Politician
Quote:
Definition of politician
1: a person experienced in the art or science of government
especially : one actively engaged in conducting the business of a government
2a: a person engaged in party politics as a profession
boften disparaging : a person primarily interested in political office for selfish or other narrow usually short-sighted reasons
The definition of a politician is not only holding or running for a political office.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2021, 07:31 AM   #605
SuburbanTurkey
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Not to mention Powell was most definitely a politician.

Merriam Webster: PoliticianThe definition of a politician is not only holding or running for a political office.
The distinction here is that Powell did not do anything particularly dumb to cause his own demise. He's a conservative, he's a politician, but his cause of death was probably more to do with his frail health and age than any recklessness on his part.

I've not seen anywhere that Powell is acting like the raving covid cranks that have been featured on this thread.

Bad luck for Powell, and a reminder that some people don't really have a "choice" in this matter. Older people and sickly people can still die or otherwise suffer serious consequences when they are exposed to covid, which is something that is largely outside of their individual control, even if they are fully vaccinated.

Last edited by SuburbanTurkey; 22nd October 2021 at 07:32 AM.
SuburbanTurkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2021, 07:50 AM   #606
plague311
Great minds think...

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
The distinction here is that Powell did not do anything particularly dumb to cause his own demise. He's a conservative, he's a politician, but his cause of death was probably more to do with his frail health and age than any recklessness on his part.

I've not seen anywhere that Powell is acting like the raving covid cranks that have been featured on this thread.

Bad luck for Powell, and a reminder that some people don't really have a "choice" in this matter. Older people and sickly people can still die or otherwise suffer serious consequences when they are exposed to covid, which is something that is largely outside of their individual control, even if they are fully vaccinated.
I agree with this. Usually to qualify at being a dumbass you have to partake in some form of dumbassery. From everything I can tell, Powell did everything right. Hate him for whatever your reason, but I don't know that he belongs in this thread.

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2021, 08:00 AM   #607
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
I agree with this. Usually to qualify at being a dumbass you have to partake in some form of dumbassery. From everything I can tell, Powell did everything right. Hate him for whatever your reason, but I don't know that he belongs in this thread.
Me too, IMO he belongs in the "Famous people with Covid" thread, not here.
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2021, 08:02 AM   #608
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

I think the Iraq war is the part that satisfies dumbassery
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2021, 08:19 AM   #609
plague311
Great minds think...

Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
I think the Iraq war is the part that satisfies dumbassery
What does that have to do with COVID? I mean, whatever, I'm not going to argue with it. I just note that he did nothing to encourage others to avoid vaccination, wearing a mask or protecting themselves from COVID. Which is what I thought this thread was about.

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2021, 02:13 AM   #610
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

What does that have to do with COVID? I mean, whatever, I'm not going to argue with it. I just note that he did nothing to encourage others to avoid vaccination, wearing a mask or protecting themselves from COVID. Which is what I thought this thread was about.
It is.

OK..this one didn't die but if stupid were deadly, she'd be six feet under and pushing up daisies:

Quote:
"A Delaware Republican who said coronavirus vaccines were part of a satanic plan to cause "mass death" is recovering from COVID-19, she announced Thursday, saying the illness had caused her to lose "all of my senses."

Lauren Witzke, a self-styled "Christian nationalist" who embraced QAnon and support from white supremacists, was the Delaware GOP's candidate for Senate in 2020, receiving 186,000 votes in her failed run against Democratic incumbent Sen. Chris Coons.

In a post on Gab, a social network popular with right-wing extremists, Witzke claimed she was "recovering from this insane bio-weapon called Covid." The 33-year-old, who has worked as a political commentator for the right-wing Christian conspiracy site TruNews, said she had decided not to tell anyone earlier so as not to alert "the shitlibs in the media."

"This bio-weapon is demonic," she wrote. "I've lost all of my senses and struggle with constant indifference, brain fog, and I've lost my joy."

In posts shared on her Telegram channel, Witzke blamed TruNews for making her aware of the infection, insisting that nasal swabs were ultimately responsible for her getting COVID-19. "I'm an idiot for submitting to their demands and getting tested," she wrote, "and yes I know I need a good husband in my life to keep me from making bad decisions."

She left the company in September.

Prior to her departure, Witzke attributed a June outbreak of COVID-19 among TruNews staff to a "demonic attack" for having hosted far-right provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos, a former Breitbart writer who now claims to be "ex-gay."

"I don't think it's any coincidence that the TruNews crew all got deathly ill, got very sick, right after they brought Milo on," she said, as reported by PinkNews."
https://news.yahoo.com/ive-lost-joy-...215403731.html

I've highlighted my favorite line. It was difficult to choose just one out of the many really stupid things she said.
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2021, 02:15 AM   #611
Warp12
Master Poster

It is.

OK..this one didn't die but if stupid were deadly, she'd be six feet under and pushing up daisies:

https://news.yahoo.com/ive-lost-joy-...215403731.html

I've highlighted my favorite line. It was difficult to choose just one out of the many really stupid things she said.
Your highlighted portion may be the most sane thing she said, sadly.
Old 23rd October 2021, 03:46 AM   #612
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

Certainly saner than this comment-
Quote:
In December [2019], Witzke claimed to believe that the earth was flat in another episode of a podcast hosted by Michael Sisco, who has a history of making anti-Semitic statements. “I’m a flat earther,” Witzke said.

“Don’t say that,” said another podcast guest, identified as “Nick Leonard.” “I am such a flat earther,” Witzke insisted. “That’s so dumb,” Sisco said. Daily Beast link
Another pearl from the same Daily Beast article:
Quote:
“I was selling drugs for the cartels, I was selling people’s identities, as in their birth certificates, in exchange for drugs, in exchange for the Mexicans to come here and live here and basically take our identities,” Witzke said in a May 2019 podcast interview with Michael Sisco, a self-described monarchist who became her campaign manager in January.
Despite losing the election by twenty points, it is hard to believe someone like this actually won a Republican primary for a US Senate seat.
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2021, 04:21 AM   #613
Steve
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by newyorkguy View Post
Certainly saner than this comment-

Another pearl from the same Daily Beast article:

Despite losing the election by twenty points, it is hard to believe someone like this actually won a Republican primary for a US Senate seat.
Why is it hard to believe? He appears to be exactly what his party looks for in a candidate.
Old 23rd October 2021, 04:15 PM   #614
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

Lauren Witzke -- a she not a he -- won the 2020 Delaware Republican primary over James DeMartino with 57% of the votes cast, despite DeMartino, an attorney and former US Marine, having been formally endorsed by the Delaware Republican Party. Witzke termed DeMartino a "RINO." Jane Brady, the chair of the Delaware Republican Party at the time, said they wouldn’t ask Witzke to step aside, or disavow her campaign but that Witzke "needs to work on addressing" some of the harm she had caused. One incident was widespread condemnation when Witzke reposted a meme on Twitter immediately following the death of Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
Quote:
“Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s obsession with abortion overtly singled out blacks and minorities for extermination.”
Witzke said she would not back down, calling for president donald trump -- whom she enthusiastically supported -- to immediately name a pro-life justice to SCOTUS in Ginsburg's place. Witzke doubled down on the rhetoric, saying, "because Ruth Bader Ginsburg is dead millions of babies may have a chance to live."

It seems clear it was rank-and-file Republicans who supported the former drug-dealing, flat-earth believing, QAnon supporter, not the Party. Some Republican leaders are frankly worried that the Parry is losing control of its base. The danger is, as the rank-and-file get more extreme, opportunists like donald trump. Lauren Witzke, Josh Hawley and Marjorie Taylor Greene will emerge to take full advantage.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Scorched Earth GOPers.jpg (86.8 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by newyorkguy; 23rd October 2021 at 04:17 PM.
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2021, 12:42 AM   #615
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
Your highlighted portion may be the most sane thing she said, sadly.
Any man who would marry her would have already demonstrated his inability to make good decisions.
Old 28th October 2021, 06:35 AM   #616
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Another one bites the dust.

Realities diverge after Anchorage conservative activist dies from COVID

Quote:
About a dozen friends gathered around a wooden casket on a cold Monday in October for conservative activist William Topel’s burial at the Anchorage Memorial Park Cemetery.

In attendance were friends, state Sen. Roger Holland, R-Anchorage, and the city’s chief medical officer, Michael Savitt. Mourners placed their hands on Topel’s casket and wiped tears as his body was lowered into the earth. Topel died on Oct. 13 at age 68.

Friends remembered Topel for his kindness, generosity and love of chocolate cake from Leroy’s Family Restaurant.

They also said they saw Topel’s death as a call to action to oppose mask mandates and COVID-19 vaccines, and to promote the use of ivermectin to treat the virus, even though the U.S. Food and Drug Administration warns against it. Topel was a longtime attendee and testifier at Anchorage Assembly meetings and was deeply involved in a recent string of contentious meetings on a proposed mask mandate. He attended the meetings unmasked until he was hospitalized with COVID-19.

“God’s going to use this as a fulcrum to propel us into victory,” friend and fellow activist Dustin Darden told the crowd after Topel’s burial. “We’re going to take every square inch of Anchorage, everything that Bill stood for every time he was out there, it’s just been amplified 1,000 times.”
Quote:
It’s unclear how Topel contracted COVID-19, but many suspect it may have been at those crowded Assembly hearings. Several people, including members of Mayor Dave Bronson’s administration, were recently infected.

Michael Chambers, a friend of Topel’s for the last 15 years, said after Topel was hospitalized, he demanded ivermectin, an antiparasitic drug not approved for COVID treatment. Doctors denied his requests, he said, which some friends blame for his death. They see the problem as the medical establishment’s refusal to treat COVID patients with drugs like ivermectin, a drug used mostly to treat conditions caused by parasitic worms. The drug generally has few side effects, but the FDA has warned of illness caused by taking high doses usually from the drug in its form designed for animals.

I used to think that Republicans were just jerks. Now I'm convinced that they're all sick, evil, twisted pieces of [first of George Carlin's seven dirty words].

"Biden's a Commie, like the Rockefellers!" -- some idiot overheard
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2021, 07:38 AM   #617
dirtywick
Illuminator

Maybe someone can tell me, do doctors typically just administer whatever crazy medicine a patient asks for? Or is ivermectin supposed to be the exception?
dirtywick is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2021, 11:38 AM   #618
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dirtywick View Post
Maybe someone can tell me, do doctors typically just administer whatever crazy medicine a patient asks for? Or is ivermectin supposed to be the exception?
Among other things, Ivermectin is a human drug commonly prescribed for human ailments. It is sometimes prescribed "off label" for symptoms of Covid. Ivermectin is not a crazy medicine for humans. Off-label prescriptions are not an exceptional practice. Whether or not your doctor is comfortable prescribing Ivermectin off label to treat your Covid symptoms would be something you'd have to take up with your doctor. It's not really worth generalizing about.
Old 28th October 2021, 02:20 PM   #619
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
Among other things, Ivermectin is a human drug commonly prescribed for human ailments. It is sometimes prescribed "off label" for symptoms of Covid. Ivermectin is not a crazy medicine for humans. Off-label prescriptions are not an exceptional practice. Whether or not your doctor is comfortable prescribing Ivermectin off label to treat your Covid symptoms would be something you'd have to take up with your doctor. It's not really worth generalizing about.
Yeah, it sure is.

Heroin is a fabulous painkiller. That was its original purpose and use. It is still used "on prescription" today for very specific circumstances under the name diamorphine. Off-label prescription use has such bad outcomes that it is specifically legislated against. So you could say it has a giant "USE WITH EXTREME CARE, ONLY FOR SPECIFIC PURPOSE!" label on it.

Same with Ivermectin. It has specific uses which it is good at, and nobody has a problem with that. But used for something else in the wrong way for which it is known to be both ineffective and dangerous IS worth generalising about.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2021, 03:17 PM   #620
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Yeah, it sure is.

Heroin is a fabulous painkiller. That was its original purpose and use. It is still used "on prescription" today for very specific circumstances under the name diamorphine. Off-label prescription use has such bad outcomes that it is specifically legislated against. So you could say it has a giant "USE WITH EXTREME CARE, ONLY FOR SPECIFIC PURPOSE!" label on it.

Same with Ivermectin. It has specific uses which it is good at, and nobody has a problem with that. But used for something else in the wrong way for which it is known to be both ineffective and dangerous IS worth generalising about.
I agree.

Off label use for some drugs for specific conditions is quite common because they've been reliably found effective. For example Clomiphene (Clomid) is used to treat ovulatory problems in women, but is used off label to treat low sperm count in men with good result. Ivermectin, on the other hand, has not been shown to be an effective treatment for Covid 19 so using it just because a misinformed or delusional patient demands it is not a good reason to use it.
Old 28th October 2021, 05:30 PM   #621
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

I used to frequent a discussion group where that was a commonly heard attitude - it's my body and doctors need to use the treatment I want.

The usual response was something like, it's not Burger King. You can't just have it your way.
Old 29th October 2021, 12:55 AM   #622
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by pgwenthold View Post
I used to frequent a discussion group where that was a commonly heard attitude - it's my body and doctors need to use the treatment I want.

The usual response was something like, it's not Burger King. You can't just have it your way.
A doctor takes an oath to "do no harm". Giving ivermectin for no good medical reason could do harm.
Old 29th October 2021, 04:38 AM   #623
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by pgwenthold View Post

The same people are all on board for the War On Drugs...

...or are they...!
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2021, 06:54 AM   #624
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
If only he had lived in a swing state.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2021, 10:53 AM   #625
autumn1971
Illuminator

Worked for opioids! Give em out like candy, what's the harm.

Also all emergency departments should just go ahead and give the junkies whatever narcotic they specify.
'A knave; a rascal; an eater of broken meats; a base, proud, shallow, beggardly, three-suited, hundred-pound, filthy, worsted-stocking knave; a lily-livered, action-taking knave, a whoreson, glass-gazing, superservicable, finical rogue;... the son and heir of a mongral bitch: one whom I will beat into clamorous whining, if thou deniest the least syllable of thy addition."'
-The Bard
autumn1971 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2021, 11:23 AM   #626
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by autumn1971 View Post
Worked for opioids! Give em out like candy, what's the harm.

Also all emergency departments should just go ahead and give the junkies whatever narcotic they specify.
My sister was an ER nurse at the VA Hospital here. She said it didn't take long to be able to spot the addicts coming in for drugs.
Old 7th November 2021, 08:41 AM   #627
shemp

Yet another one bites the dust.

Anti-vaccine nurse, 58, dies of COVID after writing poetry urging people 'not to let them poke you' and calling the pandemic 'genocide'

Quote:
An anti-vaxxer Oklahoma nurse who wrote poetry about the 'plandemic' and 'healthcare genocide' died of complications from COVID-19, after claiming the vaccine killed people.

Steve Shurden, 58, from Tulsa, battled the virus for three weeks and eventually passed away on October 19.

Steve and his wife, Teresa, a vocational nurse, were very vocal on Facebook about their anti-vaccine stances, constantly sharing misinformation about COVID.

Steve also shared his right-wing, pro-Trump, politically charged poetry on a daily basis until his hospitalization on September 28.

After Steve's death, his wife did not seem regretful that her husband chose to refuse the vaccine, which could have increased his chances at survival while battling the illness.

Teresa shared that Steve had 'made it' to heaven and that she wished they had gone together.
Well, maybe she won't have to wait long.

And here's a sample of his poetry. Shakespeare he's not.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg poetry.jpg (76.7 KB, 11 views)

I used to think that Republicans were just jerks. Now I'm convinced that they're all sick, evil, twisted pieces of [first of George Carlin's seven dirty words].

shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2021, 09:26 AM   #628
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Canada's not immune (hee, hee).

COVID-19 denier and conspiracy theorist Mak Parhar dead at 48

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...t-48-1.6238751

Quote:
He was arrested in November 2020 and was scheduled to appear in court last week, but the dates were postponed. The Public Prosecution Service of Canada said Parhar informed the Crown he was too sick to start the trial.
At least now he will not have to go to jail.

Even better report here:

Opinion: Prominent B.C. COVID-19 denier died like he lived - senselessly

https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/o...ovid19-4728353

Quote:
B.C. Minister of Public Safety Mike Farnworth once called Parhar a "narcissistic, self-centred idiot," during an interview aired on Global News.

In the two weeks leading up to his death, the "flat earther" was displaying classic COVID-19 symptoms, yet continued running errands while live-streaming his thoughts to the internet. Some of those thoughts were that "CONvid" (his word for COVID-19) is not real, so he couldn't possibly have it.
So too now he will not have to worry about falling off the edge of the planet.
Old 7th November 2021, 09:49 AM   #629
shemp

Quote:
B.C. Minister of Public Safety Mike Farnworth once called Parhar a "narcissistic, self-centred idiot," during an interview aired on Global News.
So, did they actually measure his IQ and find it to be less than 40, or was it just obvious?

Either way, good riddance.

Old 7th November 2021, 10:19 AM   #630
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Gord_in_Toronto View Post
Canada's not immune (hee, hee).

COVID-19 denier and conspiracy theorist Mak Parhar dead at 48

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...t-48-1.6238751

At least now he will not have to go to jail.

Even better report here:

So too now he will not have to worry about falling off the edge of the planet.
Flat-earther, sov-cit, anti-mask, anti-vax, COVID denier . . . he had it all!

Dr. Brytney Cobia
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2021, 10:20 AM   #631
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by Gord_in_Toronto View Post
Even better report here:

I found some footage of his last moments!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee6-sI9rdtA
Old 7th November 2021, 11:30 AM   #632
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
I found some footage of his last moments!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee6-sI9rdtA
Purrfect!
Old 7th November 2021, 05:14 PM   #633
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

My best friend's Trumper, unvaccinated nephew (in his 30's) has Covid and is being treated with remdesivir. He's not doing well.

In the meantime, my best friend (68), who is fully vaccinated, has Covid, too. But she's home and says it's like a cold. She's on the mend and had no need for any medication.
Old 8th November 2021, 05:41 AM   #634
turingtest
Mistral, mistral wind...

Anti-vaccine nurse, 58, dies of COVID after writing poetry urging people 'not to let them poke you' and calling the pandemic 'genocide'

I love the way he apparently decided that "depleted" needed an "ea" spelling to rhyme with "defeated." Either that, or he was talking about medical staffs with no folds in their skirts.

Life was a short shelf that came with bookends- Stephen King
turingtest is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2021, 05:50 PM   #635
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

The Vogons would be the fourth worst poets in the galaxy is this stupid **** hadn't snuffed it.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2021, 06:29 PM   #636
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

I see that Singapore is now telling patients not vaccinated by choice will be responsible for their own medical bills.

https://news.yahoo.com/unvaccinated-...122406658.html
Old 8th November 2021, 09:13 PM   #637
shemp

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
I see that Singapore is now telling patients not vaccinated by choice will be responsible for their own medical bills.

https://news.yahoo.com/unvaccinated-...122406658.html
Starts Dec. 8? They better hurry up and die if they want to save money.

Old 9th November 2021, 09:05 AM   #638
shemp

California officer dies after missing vaccination deadline

Quote:
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — A police officer who was placed on leave for missing the city of San Francisco’s deadline to be inoculated has died after being stricken by COVID-19, the San Francisco Chronicle reported.

Officer Jack Nyce, 46, tested positive on Nov. 2 and died Saturday at a hospital in Manteca, his wife, Melissa Nyce, told the newspaper Monday.

The Chronicle said Melissa Nyce declined to say whether her husband was vaccinated but the vice president of the San Francisco Police Officers Association, Lt. Tracy McCray, said Jack Nyce was on a 30-day stint of paid administrative leave because he had not received the vaccination required by the city.
I guess he quit the job in his own way.

Quote:
The San Francisco Police Department said last week that as many as 70 sworn and civilian workers had been placed on leave for not meeting a Nov. 1 vaccination deadline. A press release said that as of Nov. 2, 97.5% of department employees were fully vaccinated.
Oh noes!!! Out of about 3,000 employees, 70 refused to comply and were put on leave! The city will be overrun by Antifa!!! Millions of law-abiding white people will die at the hands of BLM!!! BIDEN IS TO BLAME!!! BRING BACK TRUMP!!!

Old 9th November 2021, 09:09 AM   #639
SuburbanTurkey
Penultimate Amazing

California officer dies after missing vaccination deadline

I guess he quit the job in his own way.

Oh noes!!! Out of about 3,000 employees, 70 refused to comply and were put on leave! The city will be overrun by Antifa!!! Millions of law-abiding white people will die at the hands of BLM!!! BIDEN IS TO BLAME!!! BRING BACK TRUMP!!!
Comrade covid says defund the police, one dried up set of lungs at a time.
Old 10th November 2021, 07:35 PM   #640
zorro99
Graduate Poster

A North Dakota GOP lawmaker helped organize an anti-vaccine rally. Then he got covid and couldn’t attend.
Andrea Salcedo8:37 a.m. EST

Days ahead of an anti-vaccine rally he helped organize, North Dakota lawmaker Jeff Hoverson, a Republican, urged his social media followers to gather on the steps of the state capitol on Monday to oppose coronavirus vaccine mandates.

“Noon Monday capital steps Bismarck. We The People rally,” Hoverson wrote on Facebook. “Extremely important for freedom from mandates legislation.”

But he did not make it to the event.

On Sunday, a day before the rally, Hoverson announced he would be skipping the event because he had contracted the coronavirus. He said that he did not need to check into a hospital because he was taking ivermectin — a deworming drug that some people are using to prevent or treat covid, despite several public health agencies advising against it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...e-rally-covid/

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics