IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Amanda Knox , Italy cases , Meredith Kercher , murder cases , Raffaele Sollecito

Old 6th December 2020, 01:21 PM   #241
schmidt61
Scholar

Originally Posted by TomG View Post
Hmmm! I can't get anything but the home page. It's been like that for a couple of weeks. I'm reduced to going to TMofMK for resources. It would be a pity to see the wiki be abandoned since it represents a lot of hard work to put it together.

Hoots
try www.amandaknoxcase.net
schmidt61 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th December 2020, 07:41 PM   #242
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

Killer to finish out 16 year sentence on the outside

Meredith Kercher's killer will finish his 16 year sentence on the outside, doing community service.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...FSeLR0fS4ihRis
Old 6th December 2020, 08:52 PM   #243
Numbers
Philosopher

the

Originally Posted by schmidt61 View Post
I can see the home page, but when I click on a link within the wiki, I get a 404 Not Found error message and a URL not found on the server message.

Are you able to access the pages of the wiki through the links on the home page?
Numbers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th December 2020, 10:11 PM   #244
schmidt61
Scholar

Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
I can see the home page, but when I click on a link within the wiki, I get a 404 Not Found error message and a URL not found on the server message.

Are you able to access the pages of the wiki through the links on the home page?
I start with www.injusticeinperugia.org click on wiki it sometimes take 2 goes to work. You
can't enter dicussion but some links still work.

Last edited by schmidt61; 6th December 2020 at 10:16 PM.
schmidt61 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2020, 01:01 AM   #245
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Bill Williams View Post
Meredith Kercher's killer will finish his 16 year sentence on the outside, doing community service.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...FSeLR0fS4ihRis
This must really upset Meredith's brother and sister. I'm glad her parents don't have to see this. And no, Vixen, I'm not mocking her family before you make that insane accusation again.

From the aritlce:

"Knox and Sollecito were acquitted in 2011 before being convicted again in 2014 by an appeals court in Florence, which ruled that the multiple injuries inflicted on Kercher’s body proved that Guede could not have acted alone."

I'm still trying to figure out the logic in that one when...what was it? Six out of seven medical experts disagreed with that?
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2020, 01:27 AM   #246
Planigale
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
This must really upset Meredith's brother and sister. I'm glad her parents don't have to see this. And no, Vixen, I'm not mocking her family before you make that insane accusation again.

From the article*:

"Knox and Sollecito were acquitted in 2011 before being convicted again in 2014 by an appeals court in Florence, which ruled that the multiple injuries inflicted on Kercher’s body proved that Guede could not have acted alone."

I'm still trying to figure out the logic in that one when...what was it? Six out of seven medical experts disagreed with that?
I thought that the argument that there had to be more than one assailant was based on the fact that the victim had done karate for a year? I thought that the court did not rely on the expert forensic pathology opinions but said that this judgement was based on other 'facts'.

*Spelling correction mine.
Planigale is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2020, 01:32 AM   #247
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Which court? The Florence appeals court or the Guede fast track court where it was originally established that there were multiple assailants?

ETA: Karate or martial arts isn't mentioned in the Nencini motivation report.

Last edited by Stacyhs; 7th December 2020 at 01:48 AM.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2020, 05:53 AM   #248
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Speaking of criminals, at the time of the 2009 Sollecito/Knox trial, Mignini himself stood provisionally convicted of criminal abuse of office.

Subsequent to that trial, Mignini was censured by his own professional association for violating Sollecito's rights at interrogation.

He also charged all and sundry with various degrees of defamation, all of which got dropped, except for the acquittal granted Amanda Knox in her allegation that she'd been slapped at interrogation.

Mignini's lawsuits against The West Seattle Herald as well as against Knox's parents lapsed. What is of note about the last one is that Mignini did not include either the publisher or the reporter of the liable. Could that be because the reporter was John Follain, a British tabloid hack who wrote nothing but glowing stuff about him?

Both Mignini's lawsuit and parallel criminal trial brought against Sollecito and Gumbel were laughed out of court.

Mignini also did not get very far in his lawsuit against Maori et al. (This isn't even an exhaustive list!)

Right. This is just a prosecutor "doing his job".
As a result of Italy's tough anti-mafia laws, the police, prosecutors and judges are compelled by law to sue for calunnia. It was and is a favourite mafia strategy to smear the reputation of the authorities they hate and to undermine public trust in them.

The populist magazine OGGI has been hit with calunnia suits several times as it seems sympathetic to the mafia and often prints favourable stories about it.

vilken tröst, vad än som kommer på!
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2020, 06:03 AM   #249
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Perhaps we can also agree that any one source, no matter how reputable, cannot be read alone. More than one journalistic source is essential.

I'm just reading about the Pamela Smart debacle in New Hampshire in the 90s. It seemed that every news outlet joined in to slut-her-up, where her only real crime (rather than accessory to murder) was that she'd had an affair with the teenager who'd pulled the trigger. That was a crime, but she was never charged with it.

All four teenage boys are now out of prison. She's due out (sic) 99/99/9999.

But back to our point - each news outlet told essentially the same story, the tarted-up one. That has direct relevance to this thread.

The best thing that happened with the Jackie story was that other outlets covered it too and forced a retraction from The Rolling Stone.
The Amanda Knox 'railroaded' story was supplied to the writer by Madison Paxton, who was touting Knox' story around all the press ATT and he appears to have had a crush on her.

I used to subscribe to ROLLING STONE when it was a genuinely hipster/alternative publication. Nowadays it's lost its way and thinks glamorising killers, such as Dzhokhar Tsarnaev (the Boston Bomber) who featured on their front page as a 'pin up' and ridiculous stories of tag teams of twelve bullying Knox over 53 hours with no food or drink in the misguided belief this is trendy and cool.

Let's face it, it is not a news outlet, it is a commercial magazine that relies on advertising revenue.

Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2020, 06:17 AM   #250
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

From the aritlce:

Having been imprisoned since 2008, he has served twelve years which is on a par with what a life sentence prisoner (young adult category) would have got in the UK. He did the crime he served the time. Why would Stephanie, John or Lyle Kercher be upset? It is more upsetting for the victims of crime to see the perpetrator get away with it, earning big bucks from book sales and charging US$ '000's as a speaker on 'innocence projects'.

Old 7th December 2020, 06:21 AM   #251
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Planigale View Post
I thought that the argument that there had to be more than one assailant was based on the fact that the victim had done karate for a year? I thought that the court did not rely on the expert forensic pathology opinions but said that this judgement was based on other 'facts'.

*Spelling correction mine.
The protocol in a criminal court case is for the prosecution to present their evidence and the defence theirs. The court then decides which evidence it prefers. It preferred the evidence of the prosecution of multiple attackers and it gives its reasons in the Motivations Report, which can be found here.

Old 7th December 2020, 08:04 AM   #252
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
As a result of Italy's tough anti-mafia laws, the police, prosecutors and judges are compelled by law to sue for calunnia. It was and is a favourite mafia strategy to smear the reputation of the authorities they hate and to undermine public trust in them.

The populist magazine OGGI has been hit with calunnia suits several times as it seems sympathetic to the mafia and often prints favourable stories about it.
This is completely untrue, and an invention from start to finish.
Old 7th December 2020, 08:12 AM   #253
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

The Amanda Knox 'railroaded' story was supplied reported to the writer by Madison Paxton, who was touting Knox' story around all the press ATT and he appears to have had a crush on her.
"Supplied"? Even if this puerile narrative is accurate, you've avoided the question of the story's basic accuracy.

Let's face it, it is not a news outlet, it is a commercial magazine that relies on advertising revenue.
Laugh out loud. Wow. Why didn't you say so earlier? Can you name one American news outlet that doesn't operate this way?

"It's not a news outlet."

"It's a commercial magazine."

Laugh out loud.
Old 7th December 2020, 08:14 AM   #254
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

Having been imprisoned since 2008, he has served twelve years which is on a par with what a life sentence prisoner (young adult category) would have got in the UK. He did the crime he served the time. Why would Stephanie, John or Lyle Kercher be upset? It is more upsetting for the victims of crime to see the perpetrator get away with it, earning big bucks from book sales and charging US$ '000's as a speaker on 'innocence projects'.
And you know this...... how? It is upsetting for the victims of crime to have strangers expropriation their voice.
Old 7th December 2020, 08:43 AM   #255
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

And you know this...... how? It is upsetting for the victims of crime to have strangers expropriation their voice.
I was rather correcting Stacyhs' belief that the family would be upset by Guede's release on licence but not by Knox and Sollecito walking around like celebrities.

Old 7th December 2020, 08:46 AM   #256
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

This is completely untrue, and an invention from start to finish.
From wiki:

Quote:
Historically, the Italian legal system has treated calunnia as detrimental to the interests of the State and the correct administration of justice. This is evidenced through the crime of calunnia being included among other crimes against the administration of justice in the Italian Penal Code

Old 7th December 2020, 08:48 AM   #257
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

I was rather correcting Stacyhs' belief that the family would be upset by Guede's release on licence but not by Knox and Sollecito walking around like celebrities.
No you weren't.
Old 7th December 2020, 08:51 AM   #258
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

From wiki:
..... which does not bolster your fabrication that: "the police, prosecutors and judges are compelled by law to sue for calunnia..."

Once again you provide a citation that does not address the specious claim made.

Last edited by Bill Williams; 7th December 2020 at 08:52 AM.
Bill Williams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2020, 08:57 AM   #259
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

..... which does not bolster your fabrication that: "the police, prosecutors and judges are compelled by law to sue for calunnia..."

Once again you provide a citation that does not address the specious claim made.
It's a tenet of law in most countries that if a crime is reported or becomes apparent, the police have a duty to investigate it.

Old 7th December 2020, 09:26 AM   #260
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

It's a tenet of law in most countries that if a crime is reported or becomes apparent, the police have a duty to investigate it.
Sigh. None of your random etchings address, at all, your original claim: ..... "the police, prosecutors and judges are compelled by law to sue for calunnia..."

Bad me for getting sucked down the latest Vixen rabbit hole.
Old 7th December 2020, 09:41 AM   #261
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Sigh. None of your random etchings address, at all, your original claim: ..... "the police, prosecutors and judges are compelled by law to sue for calunnia..."

You keep making out Mignini sued for the Italian Criminal Offence of Calunnia out of spite, when he was professionally bound to do so. Both Sollecito and Knox paid a lot of money to smear the Italian police and prosecutor in the media, in a blatant attempt to pervert justice. West Seattle Herald and Doug Preston were some of the parties involved.

Old 7th December 2020, 10:11 AM   #262
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

You keep making out Mignini sued for the Italian Criminal Offence of Calunnia out of spite, when he was professionally bound to do so. Both Sollecito and Knox paid a lot of money to smear the Italian police and prosecutor in the media, in a blatant attempt to pervert justice. West Seattle Herald and Doug Preston were some of the parties involved.
<snore>

None of your random etchings address, at all, your original claim: ..... "the police, prosecutors and judges are compelled by law to sue for calunnia..."

Last edited by Bill Williams; 7th December 2020 at 11:28 AM.
Bill Williams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2020, 01:04 PM   #263
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Citation needed.

Would you care to explain then why Amanda's parents were charged with calunnia for merely repeating what Amanda told them about being smacked on the back of the head but neither prosecution friendly reporter Follain who wrote the story nor the paper that printed this "calunnia" was charged?
Old 7th December 2020, 01:36 PM   #264
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

You're as predictable as rain in India during the monsoon season.

He was sentenced to 16 years in prison... until 2024. Last I looked this is 2020.
Community service isn't "doing the time". He's going to be living in an apartment in Viterbo, not in a prison cell. Yes, it is more upsetting for victims of crime to see the perpetrator getting away with it. Which, in this case didn't happen as the perpetrator didn't get away with it...he just got off very easily earning a college degree paid for by the state, getting to spend a lot of his lenient sentence in work release and then doing community service living in an apartment also paid for by the state.
Old 7th December 2020, 01:41 PM   #265
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

"Correcting my belief"

Old 7th December 2020, 02:12 PM   #266
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

May I remind you of this "calunnia" spoken by Lumumba and printed in the Daily Mail in early 2008 against the police? So, did the police investigate this as required by law and find it to be true which explains why Lumumba was not sued which you say they would have been compelled to do? Or, did they fail in their duty and not investigate it at all? Which is it, Vix?

Quote:
"I was questioned by five men and women, some of whom punched and kicked me," he claims. "They forced me on my knees against the wall and said I should be in America where I would be given the electric chair for my crime. All they kept saying was, 'You did it, you did it.'
"They said, 'Oh, so now you've remembered' and told me that if I confessed I'd only get half the 30-year sentence."
Old 7th December 2020, 02:15 PM   #267
Methos
Muse

Fascinating.
Even after all this time, some people still don't get the difference between calunnia (Art. 368 cp) and diffamazione (Art. 595 cp)...

The highlighted part above is an interesting way to interpret the highlighted parts of Art. 368 cp below...
Quote:
Chiunque, con denuncia [c.p.p. 333], querela [c.p.p. 336], richiesta [c.p.p. 342] o istanza [c.p.p. 341], anche se anonima o sotto falso nome, diretta all'Autorità giudiziaria o ad un'altra Autorità che a quella abbia obbligo di riferirne o alla Corte penale internazionale(1), incolpa di un reato taluno che egli sa innocente(2), ovvero simula a carico di lui le tracce di un reato(3), è punito con la reclusione da due a sei anni.
... but of course completely irrelevant, since you and Bill are obviously talking about the "diffamazione" sattelites...

Mignini is simply a public prosecutor doing his job amongst a powerful freemason and mafia society. (MOF case.)

I always think it rather cute criminals always blame the prosecutor.
Speaking of criminals, at the time of the 2009 Sollecito/Knox trial, Mignini himself stood provisionally convicted of criminal abuse of office.

Subsequent to that trial, Mignini was censured by his own professional association for violating Sollecito's rights at interrogation.

He also charged all and sundry with various degrees of defamation, all of which got dropped, except for the acquittal granted Amanda Knox in her allegation that she'd been slapped at interrogation.

Mignini's lawsuits against The West Seattle Herald as well as against Knox's parents lapsed. What is of note about the last one is that Mignini did not include either the publisher or the reporter of the liable. Could that be because the reporter was John Follain, a British tabloid hack who wrote nothing but glowing stuff about him?

Both Mignini's lawsuit and parallel criminal trial brought against Sollecito and Gumbel were laughed out of court.

Mignini also did not get very far in his lawsuit against Maori et al. (This isn't even an exhaustive list!)

Right. This is just a prosecutor "doing his job".
AFAIK none of the "diffamazione" sattelites Dottore Mignini wasn't "compelled by law to sue for" resulted in any conviction.
Bill is quite right about this.

When it comes to "calunnia", what's left is "calunnia I "(Lumumba), where we are still waiting for "Italy" to come up with a solution regarding the ECHR decision and "calunnia -bis" (Mignini, police, interpreter) that ended with:
Quote:
"assolve Knox Amanda Marie dal reato attribuitole al capo a), perché i fatti non sussistono, e dal reato attribuitole al capo b), perché i fatti non sussistono e perché il fatto non costituisce reato, quanto alle accuse rivolte al dr. Giuliano Mignini
Just for the record...

Last edited by Methos; 7th December 2020 at 02:17 PM.
Methos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2020, 02:35 PM   #268
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Mignini used lawsuits as a form of intimidation. This is from the Committee to Protect Journalists Attacks on the Press in 2011 - Italy, 22 February 2012:

Quote:
In Perugia, prosecutor Giuliano Mignini used Italy's harsh defamation laws to intimidate journalists, authors, and media outlets – in Italy and the United States – that reported critically about his performance in two high-profile cases.
Quote:
Italy recently fell back into the “partly free” speech category, according to Freedom House, because of limitations by courts and libel laws, and increased intimidation of journalists.
(Washington Post, May 16, 2011)

Mignini is well known to harass any journalist...or anyone...who dares criticize him. He's a freaking narcissist who fancies himself an Italian Sherlock Holmes right down to the pipe. He used Italy's stringent laws to his own advantage whenever it suited him and ignored them whenever it didn't as in the examples of Lumumba and Follain that I mentioned earlier.
Old 7th December 2020, 02:40 PM   #269
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

double post

Last edited by Stacyhs; 7th December 2020 at 02:53 PM.
Old 7th December 2020, 02:53 PM   #270
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Methos View Post

AFAIK none of the "diffamazione" sattelites Dottore Mignini wasn't "compelled by law to sue for" resulted in any conviction.
Bill is quite right about this.

When it comes to "calunnia", what's left is "calunnia I "(Lumumba), where we are still waiting for "Italy" to come up with a solution regarding the ECHR decision and "calunnia -bis" (Mignini, police, interpreter) that ended with:

Just for the record...
Let's not forget his lawsuit against Raffaele and Gumbel which he also lost. His record for winning is as good as Trump's!
Old 7th December 2020, 03:02 PM   #271
Methos
Muse

Let's not forget his lawsuit against Raffaele and Gumbel which he also lost. His record for winning is as good as Trump's!
Wait a minute... Aren't we still waiting for this?
Quote:
Breaking news. In statement publishable in due course Sollecito & Gumbel admit that passages in “Honor Bound” claiming Dr Mignini was pressing RS to sell out Amanda Knox were in fact lies. Prosecution in Florence court stated aggravated defamation was definitely committed, but Dr Mignini is said to be satisfied and drops criminal lawsuit (his choice, no acquittal). Augers bad for serial defamer Knox and publishers of both books.
Old 7th December 2020, 03:41 PM   #272
whoanellie
Graduate Poster

Amanda's take
https://lawandcrime.com/crazy/amanda...mpression=true

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
whoanellie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2020, 03:49 PM   #273
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Methos View Post
Wait a minute... Aren't we still waiting for this?

It's coming right after the 2015 SC acquittal itself is overturned for being illegal. Any minute now....aaaaaaannnyyyyyy minute...........
Old 8th December 2020, 10:13 AM   #274
Welshman
Muse

Numerous abuses were committed by the police/prosecution as detailed in the links which consisted of violating the rights of Amanda and Raffaele during the interrogations by denying access to lawyers, not taping the interrogations, broke numerous Italian laws during the interrogation, fed false information to the media, committed perjury, lied to Amanda she had HIV, suppressed and destroyed evidence. Could Vixen explain why would Amanda and Raffaele need to smear the prosectuion when the prosecution did a perfectly good of this themselves?

http://www.amandaknoxcase.com/raffaeles-kitchen-knife/
http://www.amandaknoxcase.com/contam...bwork-coverup/
http://www.amandaknoxcase.com/meredi...ry-corruption/
http://www.amandaknoxcase.com/evidence-destroyed/
http://www.amandaknoxcase.com/blood-...irs-apartment/
https://knoxsollecito.wordpress.com/...ele-sollecito/
http://www.injusticeinperugia.org/myths.html
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...4#post11071314
https://amandaknoxauguriesofinnocenc...om/2014/06/11/

Last edited by Welshman; 8th December 2020 at 11:46 AM.
Welshman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2020, 11:29 AM   #275
TomG
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Welshman View Post
Numerous abuses were committed by the police/prosecution as detailed in the links which consisted of violating the rights of Amanda and Raffaele during the interrogations by denying access to lawyers, not taping the interrogations, broke numerous Italian laws during the interrogation, fed false information to the media, committed perjury, lied to Amanda she had HIV, suppressed and destroyed evidence. Could Vixen explain why would Amanda and Raffaele need to smear the prosectuion when the prosecution when the prosecution did a perfectly good of this themselves?

http://www.amandaknoxcase.com/raffaeles-kitchen-knife/
http://www.amandaknoxcase.com/contam...bwork-coverup/
http://www.amandaknoxcase.com/meredi...ry-corruption/
http://www.amandaknoxcase.com/evidence-destroyed/
http://www.amandaknoxcase.com/blood-...irs-apartment/
https://knoxsollecito.wordpress.com/...ele-sollecito/
http://www.injusticeinperugia.org/myths.html
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...4#post11071314
https://amandaknoxauguriesofinnocenc...om/2014/06/11/
Sorry to have to tell you this Welshy but half of your links are redundant. The Amanda Knox case Wiki is not functioning anymore.

Hoots
Old 8th December 2020, 11:58 AM   #276
Welshman
Muse

Originally Posted by TomG View Post
Sorry to have to tell you this Welshy but half of your links are redundant. The Amanda Knox case Wiki is not functioning anymore.

Hoots
I found this after I posted.
Welshman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2020, 12:08 PM   #277
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Did Knox and Sollecito pay the Court of Cassation a lot of money to find that the investigation by the police led by Mignini was the result of "stunning flaws, or amnesia" that led to "omissions in the investigative activity"?

Did Knox and Sollecito pay the C of C to find that "The international spotlight on the case in fact resulted in the investigation undergoing a sudden acceleration, that, in the frantic search for one or more guilty parties to consign to international public opinion, certainly didn’t help the search for substantial truth"?

Did Knox and Sollecito pay the C of C to find that the prosecution had failed miserably to prove that they had participated in the murder and that, "In fact, in the presence of a scenario marked by many contradictions, the
referral judge should not have come to a verdict of guilt, but - as previously observed – should have reached a verdict of not guilty, given Article 530, section 2, Italian Code of Criminal Procedure"?
Old 8th December 2020, 04:50 PM   #278
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

Did Knox and Sollecito pay the Court of Cassation a lot of money to find that the investigation by the police led by Mignini was the result of "stunning flaws, or amnesia" that led to "omissions in the investigative activity"?

Did Knox and Sollecito pay the C of C to find that "The international spotlight on the case in fact resulted in the investigation undergoing a sudden acceleration, that, in the frantic search for one or more guilty parties to consign to international public opinion, certainly didn’t help the search for substantial truth"?

Did Knox and Sollecito pay the C of C to find that the prosecution had failed miserably to prove that they had participated in the murder and that, "In fact, in the presence of a scenario marked by many contradictions, the referral judge should not have come to a verdict of guilt, but - as previously observed – should have reached a verdict of not guilty, given Article 530, section 2, Italian Code of Criminal Procedure"?
All I know is that THEY NEVER PAID ME!!!!
Old 8th December 2020, 05:14 PM   #279
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

All I know is that THEY NEVER PAID ME!!!!
Did you ask nicely? I paid my kid's way through uni on their dime.
Old 9th December 2020, 01:16 AM   #280
Antony
Graduate Poster

Comments section has its usual share of haters:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1767832.html
Antony is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors