IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Old 26th June 2021, 02:41 PM   #401
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

There's to many high-falutin' concepts and frankly big words for this discussion to be about Disaster Don any more.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th June 2021, 05:12 PM   #402
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Gotta love the visual of the two kids wearing cartoon prison stripes sitting directly behind Trump at the rally tonight.

(eta)
I only saw the first few minutes, went out to get groceries, and 90 minutes later came back and caught the last few minutes. I'm sure I didn't miss anything. I did also like the look of the very small crowd just appearing like they're at a county fair or something, to listen to a popular local band. Newsmax carried it but I don't think the other major/cable networks have even reported on it yet.

Trump did seem more animated than he has been in a long time. Must be all the extra golfing.

Last edited by alfaniner; 26th June 2021 at 06:48 PM.
alfaniner is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th June 2021, 05:34 AM   #403
zorro99
Graduate Poster

See new Tweets
Tweet

MeidasTouch.com
@MeidasTouch
·
16h
Donald Trump is gathering his unvaccinated supporters together in close quarters as the highly contagious and deadly Delta variant spreads in Ohio. What could go wrong?

https://mobile.twitter.com/MeidasTou...73671976833030
Old 27th June 2021, 05:46 AM   #404
zorro99
Graduate Poster

The act is getting old among Trump supporters. They are finding that there are better ways to spend a Saturday evening.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MeidasTou...95624570167304
Old 27th June 2021, 11:56 AM   #405
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by zorro99 View Post
The act is getting old among Trump supporters. They are finding that there are better ways to spend a Saturday evening.

I'd rather have a root canal than go to a Trump rally. Scientists need to find a vaccination for stupidity as it seems to be rampant in certain states.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th June 2021, 03:11 PM   #406
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

People were leaving while he spoke.

https://twitter.com/patriottakes/sta...626032641?s=21

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th June 2021, 04:32 PM   #407
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post

As noted in the Tweet, they sent the guy there to video it. Why didn't they have him ask questions of those people why they were leaving? Poor jounalism, if that's what it was.
Old 27th June 2021, 04:35 PM   #408
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Reading the comments on your link revealed that USAA is a sponsor of Tucker Carlson and Fox. I've had USAA car insurance for 50 years. I will be changing my insurance company if they do not pull their sponsorship.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th June 2021, 04:38 PM   #409
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Weird. The Republican commitee in Michagan not only tossed the Trumplican claims of voter fraud right out, it was so bad the invited they MI AG to investigate Trumplican attempts at fraud.

One might think that the Trumplicans might get the damn message, but no.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th June 2021, 04:39 PM   #410
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
As noted in the Tweet, they sent the guy there to video it. Why didn't they have him ask questions of those people why they were leaving? Poor jounalism, if that's what it was.
Skeptics shouldn't just believe everything they see on Youtube or the internet without further investigation.

After watching it and noting that it's dusk, I'm questioning if the rally wasn't just over and people are leaving. It's also possible that they're leaving because Trump had finished speaking and they didn't care about staying any other speaker.
Old 27th June 2021, 05:39 PM   #411
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Barr and McConnell confirmed this story:

McConnell urged Barr to speak out on Trump's election claims
Quote:
Then-Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) privately urged former Attorney General William Barr to refute unsubstantiated claims of widespread voter fraud in the 2020 presidential election, in part because he thought it would ensure GOP victories in two Georgia Senate runoff elections.

McConnell had not publicly criticized former President Trump's claims of fraud, in part because he believed it would enrage Trump to the point that he would sabotage the two Georgia runoffs.

But the Kentucky Republican had been telling Barr privately since mid-November that Trump's claims were damaging to the party and to the country, according to an excerpt of the upcoming book "Betrayal" by ABC News chief Washington correspondent Jonathan Karl published in The Atlantic on Sunday.
Quote:
The excerpt also details Barr's relationship with Trump in the final weeks of the administration when he decided to give prosecutors approval to investigate the fraud claims and opened his own unofficial inquiry into the matter.

“My attitude was: It was put-up or shut-up time,” Barr told Karl. “If there was evidence of fraud, I had no motive to suppress it. But my suspicion all the way along was that there was nothing there. It was all ************.”
https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...lection-claims

The only thing McConnell really cares about is getting his Senate Majority leadership back.

When Barr did speak to Trump:
Quote:
During the conversation, Trump reportedly lambasted Barr for his comment, asking him “How the f--- could you do this to me? Why did you say it?”

“Because it’s true,” Barr responded.

Trump then responded, “You must hate Trump. You must hate Trump.”
Notice the odd use of illeism.

Last edited by Stacyhs; 27th June 2021 at 05:48 PM.
Old 27th June 2021, 06:05 PM   #412
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Skeptics shouldn't just believe everything they see on Youtube or the internet without further investigation.

After watching it and noting that it's dusk, I'm questioning if the rally wasn't just over and people are leaving. It's also possible that they're leaving because Trump had finished speaking and they didn't care about staying any other speaker.
Dump was still speaking. You could hear him in the background.

'Scores of people left early': Trump supporters walked out of rally after his speech 'fell flat'

Maybe he wasn't getting a good feedback loop from the audience but he sounded fairly lackluster. Maybe he's experiencing a bit of depression as mentally ill people are known to do.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th June 2021, 06:13 PM   #413
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post

'Scores of people left early': Trump supporters walked out of rally after his speech 'fell flat'

Maybe he wasn't getting a good feedback loop from the audience but he sounded fairly lackluster. Maybe he's experiencing a bit of depression as mentally ill people are known to do.
I did mention I thought he was more animated than he used to be, but again, it was only the first few minutes and the last few minutes I saw.

Reading the comments on your link revealed that USAA is a sponsor of Tucker Carlson and Fox. I've had USAA car insurance for 50 years. I will be changing my insurance company if they do not pull their sponsorship.
If just advertising on a show is considered "sponsoring", they surely spend plenty at CNN also. In fact, when they go to commercial break I often involuntarily shout "AA!" because that's how their incessant commercials start.
Old 27th June 2021, 07:46 PM   #414
dirtywick
Illuminator

People are leaving because people like winners and he’s talking like a loser
dirtywick is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th June 2021, 08:17 PM   #415
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dirtywick View Post
People are leaving because people like winners and he’s talking like a loser
He's not talking any differently than he did in 2015. So I guess their idea of "loser" has changed?
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th June 2021, 12:17 AM   #416
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

You're right. I turned up the volume and Trump was still speaking. As usual, he never said anything new or of substance. He just recycled the same old crap he always does. No wonder people left. But the question is: why did they bother in the first place.? Just the same recycled crap.
Old 28th June 2021, 12:19 AM   #417
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

... But the question is: why did they bother in the first place.? Just the same recycled crap.
Because many of them still believe in the Dump dream. Slowly but surely however, the masses are fading away.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th June 2021, 12:31 AM   #418
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Because many of them still believe in the Dump dream. Slowly but surely however, the masses are fading away.
More fools they. I'd bet the combined IQ's of those there would be less than my dog. And she'll stand one foot away from the dog door she just went out a couple minutes before scratching at the door to be let in.
Old 28th June 2021, 05:01 AM   #419
zorro99
Graduate Poster

RSBN 🇺🇸
@RSBNetwork
·
8h
NEW: President Trump Releases Statement; Unleashes on Fmr. AG

https://mobile.twitter.com/RSBNetwor...53489579380740
Old 28th June 2021, 05:24 AM   #420
Fast Eddie B
Philosopher

Long, detailed account of the January 6 insurrection abd the events leading up to it from an upcoming book by Michael Wolff:

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/arti...&utm_medium=s1

(Should only be behind a paywall if you’ve exceeded some amount of free reads from New York Magazine)
Fast Eddie B is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th June 2021, 06:16 AM   #421
dirtywick
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
He's not talking any differently than he did in 2015. So I guess their idea of "loser" has changed?
Not really. The same talk takes on a different tone when it's coming from the mouth of a loser than it does from a winner.
dirtywick is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th June 2021, 06:19 AM   #422
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

RSBN 🇺🇸
@RSBNetwork
·
8h

Donald Trump Jr commented on the thread

@DonaldJTrumpJr
I wonder what else Trump will be proven to be right about?
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th June 2021, 06:30 AM   #423
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

RSBN 🇺🇸
@RSBNetwork
·
8h

I'd say whoever appointed him needs to be taken to task, and why wasn't he fired if he was so bad?
Old 28th June 2021, 07:09 AM   #424
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post

@DonaldJTrumpJr
Given that the letter was WAY more than 140 characters, is grammatically correct and spelled properly, and refers to copious details that he could never remember, it's dollars to donuts that the Mango Mussolini had nothing whatever to do with it. A lackey wrote this, probably prompted by a whine from a golf cart. That, or junior wrote it and passed it off as his dad's work. Either way, it's pompous horse-****.
Old 28th June 2021, 07:18 AM   #425
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

I'm convinced.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg trump world.jpg (106.0 KB, 13 views)
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th June 2021, 08:02 AM   #426
Delvo
Дэлво Δελϝο דֶלְבֹֿ देल्वो

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Originally Posted by dirtywick View Post
Not really. The same talk takes on a different tone when it's coming from the mouth of a loser than it does from a winner.
He's not saying the same stuff he said before the election. Now a large chunk, if not all, of any given "speech" he makes is whining about the loss.
Delvo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th June 2021, 11:18 AM   #427
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

RSBN ����
@RSBNetwork
·
8h

Reading Trump's statement about Barr just reinforces that he is mentally ill and totally delusional. Mary Trump and the other psychologists/psychiatrists were absolutely right when they said he would get worse. If this nut ever got back into the WH, we'd be up crap creek. He's insane.

Quote:
Tricia Flanagan (R-NJ)
@NewDayForNJ
·
Jun 27
BREAKING—
Sen Josh Hawley & Sen Kyrsten Sinema are now reportedly in possession of previously unseen Jan 6 film footage showing a ‘different narrative’ than what is being shared by Democrats & MSM.

@OANN
is covering additional in-depth details.
Reading other tweets like the one above in your link also confirms what Dr. Bandy Lee said about his followers :

Quote:
I have outlined two major emotional drives: narcissistic symbiosis and shared psychosis. Narcissistic symbiosis refers to the developmental wounds that make the leader-follower relationship magnetically attractive. The leader, hungry for adulation to compensate for an inner lack of self-worth, projects grandiose omnipotence—while the followers, rendered needy by societal stress or developmental injury, yearn for a parental figure. When such wounded individuals are given positions of power, they arouse similar pathology in the population that creates a “lock and key” relationship.

“Shared psychosis”—which is also called “folie à millions” [“madness for millions”] when occurring at the national level or “induced delusions”—refers to the infectiousness of severe symptoms that goes beyond ordinary group psychology. When a highly symptomatic individual is placed in an influential position, the person’s symptoms can spread through the population through emotional bonds, heightening existing pathologies and inducing delusions, paranoia and propensity for violence—even in previously healthy individuals. The treatment is removal of exposure.
https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...his-loyalists/

Last edited by Stacyhs; 28th June 2021 at 11:21 AM.
Old 28th June 2021, 11:23 AM   #428
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

RSBN 🇺🇸
@RSBNetwork
·
8h

He's obsessed with revenge on any and everyone he believes has aggrieved him. And I do mean obsessed literally.
Old 28th June 2021, 11:40 AM   #429
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post

@DonaldJTrumpJr
That you're an idiot.

Quote:
What struck me as I looked back and thought about that exchange between Don Jr. and his father was, first, that Mr. Trump had frequently told me and others that his son Don Jr. had the worst judgment of anyone in the world.
(Michael Cohen testified under oath the above)

Quote:
“He’s not the sharpest knife in the drawer,” the president reportedly said in 2017, after the full extent of Don Jr.'s haphazardly arranged Trump Tower Moscow meeting came to light.
Quote:
“Their father took some regular pleasure in pointing out that [Don Jr. and Eric] were in the back of the room when God was handing out brains,” Wolff wrote (in Fire and Fury).
Old 28th June 2021, 11:41 AM   #430
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

He's obsessed with revenge on any and everyone he believes has aggrieved him. And I do mean obsessed literally.
Donnie makes Nixon's "enemies list" look like a list of his best friends.
Old 28th June 2021, 11:45 AM   #431
Armitage72
Philosopher

Tricia Flanagan (R-NJ)
@NewDayForNJ
·
Jun 27
BREAKING—
Sen Josh Hawley & Sen Kyrsten Sinema are now reportedly in possession of previously unseen Jan 6 film footage showing a ‘different narrative’ than what is being shared by Democrats & MSM.

The footage will be released in two weeks.
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th June 2021, 11:58 AM   #432
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by Armitage72 View Post

It's probably video of a Proud Boy getting in a cop's face while shouting, "I'm not attacking you! I'm not attacking you!", which will of course be held up as proof that they weren't attacking the cops.

There's another guy in the background beating a cop with a Thin Blue Line flag.
Old 28th June 2021, 12:05 PM   #433
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Armitage72 View Post
The now iconic two weeks.

Hans
Old 28th June 2021, 12:31 PM   #434
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

What's melania up to, trump was asked. She's doing a great job, a really great job. And she's confident. The people love her. Yadda yadda yadda. See for yourself.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

When's the last time he actually saw her? Do they still have separate bedrooms?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Melania No clue.jpg (91.1 KB, 10 views)
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th June 2021, 12:36 PM   #435
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Worst thing of all is the shtick has gotten boring.

Only thing new is his turning on Barr and the Supreme Court.

Robert Heinlein.

Last edited by dudalb; 28th June 2021 at 12:38 PM.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th June 2021, 12:37 PM   #436
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Right now that includes over 50% of the US population.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th June 2021, 12:41 PM   #437
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Those against Trump feared his speeches because she was an impulsive brat, but one with Presidential powers. Those who loved him loved them for the same reasons. Now, out of power and only QAnon fantasies getting him back into it he’s just a rambling man bragging about ancient accomplishments that are mostly his delusions. There’s no fear factor any more, and that is boring his fans. He’s become a Harold Stassen with much fewer accomplishments.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th June 2021, 12:42 PM   #438
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by newyorkguy View Post
What's melania up to, trump was asked. She's doing a great job, a really great job. And she's confident. The people love her. Yadda yadda yadda. See for yourself.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Notice he never answered the question about what she is doing now except a single vague reference to "helping people".
Old 28th June 2021, 12:47 PM   #439
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by newyorkguy View Post

I AGREE

Trump never actually answered the question. He never mentioned what she's doing now; it was all about the past including her "very, very successful" modeling career. Which is another lie. She was a second rate model who mostly did nude or semi-nude jobs because that's all she could get. He repeatedly told us how 'confident' she is, how much she's beloved, and how the was badly treated by the press. But what's she doing now we still don't know. I'd bet top dollar she's not "helping other people" as he claims.
Old 28th June 2021, 12:56 PM   #440
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Those against Trump feared his speeches because she was an impulsive brat, but one with Presidential powers. Those who loved him loved them for the same reasons. Now, out of power and only QAnon fantasies getting him back into it he’s just a rambling man bragging about ancient accomplishments that are mostly his delusions. There’s no fear factor any more, and that is boring his fans. He’s become a Harold Stassen with much fewer accomplishments.
Almost every political anylist says that if he is serious about making another run in 2024, he has got to start winning back some of hte people he has alienated.he seems to have no interest in doing that.

Robert Heinlein.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics