IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Old 30th June 2021, 03:32 PM   #481
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by quadraginta View Post
He's still developing his style.

He's gradually working his way up to the mid-eighteenth century.
Even medieval paintings have more depth and proportions.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2021, 03:42 PM   #482
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
I love that even Garrison has so little faith in his own talent that he has to label everything on this cartoons.
Well, let's take the intelligence level of his target audience into account.
What amuses me is his constant denial of being a racist, while constanly drawing racial stereotypes in his cartoons.
He also makes a big deal about being a Libertarian..much to the horror of most Libertarians.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2021, 03:44 PM   #483
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
107 degrees and they still wanted to see him?

One more piece of evidence that they're idiots.
Sooner or later nature will gets its way, and a number of these idiots will be culled from the Human Race at a Trump event.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2021, 03:53 PM   #484
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

He's still developing his style.

He's gradually working his way up to the mid-eighteenth century.
I have to comment that sone 18th century cartoonist were brilliant.
William Hogarth..even today considered one of the most brilliant political cartoonist of all time..comes to mind.

Robert Heinlein.

Last edited by dudalb; 30th June 2021 at 03:54 PM.
Old 30th June 2021, 03:58 PM   #485
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
I have to comment that sone 18th century cartoonist were brilliant.
William Hogarth..even today considered one of the most brilliant political cartoonist of all time..comes to mind.

Sure.

And if Garrison had been drawing at the time ... he would not have been among them.

"Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation."
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2021, 04:10 PM   #486
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Sure.

And if Garrison had been drawing at the time ... he would not have been among them.
Garrison is a talentless hack.
The worst think about his cartoons is none of them are remotely funny. I can laugh at a cartoonist I don't agree with if it's witty enough, but Garrison could not get a laugh out of a laughing Hyena.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 30th June 2021, 04:57 PM   #487
Belz...
Fiend God

The worst think about his cartoons is none of them are remotely funny. I can laugh at a cartoonist I don't agree with if it's witty enough, but Garrison could not get a laugh out of a laughing Hyena.
Exactly. I've seen good political cartoons I disagreed with, or thought were a bit mean-spirited, but were funny. Garrison's are... nothing, really. Just rambling fantasies of a failed ideology.

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2021, 06:57 PM   #488
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
It seems Donald's rally in Alabama has been cancelled.
I wonder why.
Could it be the hundreds leaving halfway through the last rally?

Edit to add

It seems it was cancelled by commissioners of the USS Alabama Battleship Memorial Park who denied the permit under a longstanding ban on political events.
Commissioners said that the park ceased hosting political rallies after former Pennsylvania Sen Rick Santorum hosted a presidential campaign rally at the site in 2012.

The local Republican Party, they added, indicated that the event would be more geared towards Mr Trump’s political interests than a celebration of Independence Day.
I would e filled with amusement and Horror if I listened to Trump trying to talk about Independence Day.
Old 30th June 2021, 07:01 PM   #489
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
But misuses "complements".
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2021, 07:03 PM   #490
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

To me, he seems to be a junior grade school level sketcher who used to draw caricatures of the teachers with funny faces and snicker at them with his buddies at the back of the room. He hasn't moved on since then, either in drawing talent or sophistication of comment.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2021, 07:48 PM   #491
Beelzebuddy
Philosopher

but the memes tho

Beelzebuddy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2021, 03:35 AM   #492
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Armitage72 View Post
Except that Garrison would make him 30 years younger with a physique like Dwayne Johnson.
Two years ago an invitation for Garrison to attend an event at the trump White House was suddenly revoked. It was supposed to be Ben Garrison's chance to actually meet donald trump. I guess even trump decided, in spite of Garrison's constant praise and over-the-top fawning over trump, Garrison was basically a jerk. The Times of Israel reported:
Quote:
On Wednesday [July 10, 2019], Politico reported that Ben Garrison would no longer be attending a White House social media summit following complaints by the ADL and others that his Rothschilds cartoon from 2017 was anti-Semitic. In emails to the Jewish Telegraphic Agency late Tuesday and early Wednesday, Garrison said he “got kicked out” of the summit. Times of Israel link
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trump by garrison.jpg (122.3 KB, 13 views)
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2021, 04:18 AM   #493
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

I love that even Garrison has so little faith in his own talent that he has to label everything on this cartoons.
Well, let's take the intelligence level of his target audience into account.
What amuses me is his constant denial of being a racist, while constanly drawing racial stereotypes in his cartoons.
He also makes a big deal about being a Libertarian..much to the horror of most Libertarians.
I guess a significant minority of his audience can read his labels.

Every year since 1990 the US Public healthcare spending has been greater than the UK as a proportion of GDP. More US Tax goes to healthcare than the UK
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2021, 04:19 AM   #494
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Exactly. I've seen good political cartoons I disagreed with, or thought were a bit mean-spirited, but were funny. Garrison's are... nothing, really. Just rambling fantasies of a failed ideology.
Jack Chick in colour

Every year since 1990 the US Public healthcare spending has been greater than the UK as a proportion of GDP. More US Tax goes to healthcare than the UK
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2021, 04:48 AM   #495
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
Jack Chick in colour
Hell, even Chick found a way to actually write a story. Garrison's pics often don't even make any sense, and it's just one picture!

Old 1st July 2021, 04:53 AM   #496
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Hell, even Chick found a way to actually write a story. Garrison's pics often don't even make any sense, and it's just one picture!
Good point.

Imagine being less-talented than Jack Chick.

Old 1st July 2021, 02:18 PM   #497
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

Below is Ben's 'take' on the January 6th event. On the right is an image of Ben. I thought he was a 16-year-old high school kid, making the cartoons during study period and then uploading them to Facebook or Twitter. You mean, this is the work of an adult?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mindless propaganda.jpg (98.6 KB, 85 views)
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2021, 02:25 PM   #498
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by newyorkguy View Post
Below is Ben's 'take' on the January 6th event. On the right is an image of Ben. I thought he was a 16-year-old high school kid, making the cartoons during study period and then uploading them to Facebook or Twitter. You mean, this is the work of an adult?
Lie! I didn't see any Antifa or FBI agents in the crowd!

Good lord. What a fool. The only thing I liked about that is his putting a turtle shell of McConnell.
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2021, 03:25 PM   #499
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

He really, really, really, really wants Diaper Don to like him.

Dr. Brytney Cobia
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2021, 03:52 PM   #500
Armitage72
Philosopher

Lie! I didn't see any Antifa or FBI agents in the crowd!

That came later.

Consistency? What's that?
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2021, 04:01 PM   #501
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

The first casualty of the MAGA War is Truth...and intelligence...and common sense...and consistency...and rationality...and freedom. But not guns. Guns are good to go!
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2021, 04:12 PM   #502
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Armitage72 View Post
That came later.

https://i.imgur.com/xM7pi11.jpg

Consistency? What's that?
I don't get it.

Oh wait, is he saying the FBI lured that Dump mob to swarm the Capitol?

That's is indeed really bad. Maybe he's trying for the Tucker Carlson of political cartoons or something.

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 1st July 2021 at 04:14 PM.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2021, 04:21 PM   #503
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
I don't get it.

Oh wait, is he saying the FBI lured that Dump mob to swarm the Capitol?

That's is indeed really bad. Maybe he's trying for the Tucker Carlson of political cartoons or something.
Yeah, they're simultaneously saying that it was antifa, and also that it was orchestrated by the FBI.

Old 1st July 2021, 05:34 PM   #504
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Yeah, they're simultaneously saying that it was antifa, and also that it was orchestrated by the FBI.
We all know that there are Antifa in the FBI!!
Old 1st July 2021, 06:24 PM   #505
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

But also while it was antifa false flag and FBI trap it was also, according to the cartoon in #497, the righteous right doing the right thing. It's the insurrection for all seasons. Wait a year or so and it will have cured Covid and baked a loaf of bread.

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2021, 07:59 PM   #506
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
But also while it was antifa false flag and FBI trap it was also, according to the cartoon in #497, the righteous right doing the right thing. It's the insurrection for all seasons. Wait a year or so and it will have cured Covid and baked a loaf of bread.

Well, that's the Trumpian 37-degree checkers we keep hearing about. They tricked the FBI into using Antifa to force the Trumpers to do the right thing by trying to take over the government.
Old 4th July 2021, 11:44 AM   #507
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

Trumpers sink boats.
Quote:
t’s been a year since the Trump flotilla phenomenon swept through the nation’s lakes and bays. Law enforcement agents, rally organizers, and boaters spoke to The Daily Beast about how these events often got out of control, causing more crashes and near-misses than previously known. In Tennessee alone, the state’s database shows that Trump flotillas made up a third of all “congested water” accidents there last year.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/donald...-wake?ref=home
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th July 2021, 03:47 PM   #508
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster

Originally Posted by Bob001 View Post
A shallow lake grounds all boats.
Old 5th July 2021, 03:51 PM   #509
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster

Originally Posted by newyorkguy View Post
Are you kidding me? With outside temps over 100 degrees you're not allowed to bring a water bottle into a maga rally? What's the thinking behind that? At some point you might hurl it at trump?

The average trump fan seems so obedient, mindlessly obedient. Imagine...
Training, so they can wait in the long voting lines without water?
Old 5th July 2021, 04:46 PM   #510
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

At his rally last night in Sarasota, Trump basically admitted to Trump Organization tax violations
“They go after good, hard-working people for not paying taxes on a company car. I don't even know. Do you have to? Does anybody know the answer to that stuff?”

Remember when he said he knew more about taxes than any human being that God ever created?
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th July 2021, 05:39 PM   #511
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

At his rally last night in Sarasota, Trump basically admitted to Trump Organization tax violations
“They go after good, hard-working people for not paying taxes on a company car. I don't even know. Do you have to? Does anybody know the answer to that stuff?”

Remember when he said he knew more about taxes than any human being that God ever created?
Doe that include the company mansions and company tuition for employees' grandkids?

Someone should ask him if you need 2 sets of books when employees drive company cars.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th July 2021, 07:28 PM   #512
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Trump's Chief Financial Officer Weisselberg certainly. If he didn't, then Trump hired an idiot to run the finances of his organization. OH, wait....Trump is infamous for hiring incompetents who will just do his bidding unquestioningly.
Old 5th July 2021, 07:29 PM   #513
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Doe that include the company mansions and company tuition for employees' grandkids?

Someone should ask him if you need 2 sets of books when employees drive company cars.
Aw, come on SG! SMART people keep two sets of books!
Old 5th July 2021, 09:06 PM   #514
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

Aw, come on SG! SMART people keep two sets of books!
3 or more. Because more is better.
Old 5th July 2021, 09:28 PM   #515
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

I turned down a company car because the tax on it would have been more than I was choosing to spend to run one.
Old 5th July 2021, 11:03 PM   #516
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
I turned down a company car because the tax on it would have been more than I was choosing to spend to run one.
Silly....just have two books.
Old 6th July 2021, 06:36 AM   #517
Armitage72
Philosopher

That's always been the trend. He's the smartest person in the universe, so if he doesn't know something, then obviously nobody else does either.
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2021, 04:01 AM   #518
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

On a visit to Europe to mark the 100th anniversary of the end of the first world war, Donald Trump insisted to his then chief of staff, John Kelly: “Well, Hitler did a lot of good things.”

Nightmare Scenario review: Trump, Covid and a lasting national trauma
Read more
The remark from the former US president on the 2018 trip, which reportedly “stunned” Kelly, a retired US Marine Corps general, is reported in a new book by Michael Bender of the Wall Street Journal.

'Frankly, We Did Win This Election' has been widely trailed ahead of publication next week. The Guardian obtained a copy.

Bender reports that Trump made the remark during an impromptu history lesson in which Kelly “reminded the president which countries were on which side during the conflict” and “connected the dots from the first world war to the second world war and all of Hitler’s atrocities”.

Bender is one of a number of authors to have interviewed Trump since he was ejected from power.

He reports that Trump denied making the remark about Hitler.

But Bender says unnamed sources reported that Kelly “told the president that he was wrong, but Trump was undeterred”, emphasizing German economic recovery under Hitler during the 1930s.

“Kelly pushed back again,” Bender writes, “and argued that the German people would have been better off poor than subjected to the Nazi genocide.”

Bender adds that Kelly told Trump that even if his claim about the German economy under the Nazis after 1933 were true, “you cannot ever say anything supportive of Adolf Hitler. You just can’t.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...el-bender-book
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2021, 04:11 AM   #519
Belz...
Fiend God

The Reich economy was an illusion anyway. By the time WWII broke out the country was on the verge of economic collapse.

But don't let facts get in Trump's way.

Old 7th July 2021, 04:22 AM   #520
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

The Reich economy was an illusion anyway. By the time WWII broke out the country was on the verge of economic collapse.

But don't let facts get in Trump's way.
On the contrary - illusion of prosperity is exactly what Trump has been aiming for all his life.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics