IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Coronavirus , Coronavirus conspiracies , diseases , medical conspiracies

Old 10th October 2021, 02:44 PM   #481
marting
Master Poster

Originally Posted by zooterkin View Post
You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means.
No, it doesn't, but it's clear from his use what he means.

One of the more interesting things so far is that all the increasingly fit variants have evolved from natural infection. While there have been some variants that seem to have better vaccine escape, at least from neutralizing antibodies, nothing has out competed Delta which originated in India prior to vaccine availability. Curious.
Old 10th October 2021, 02:55 PM   #482
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
We generally know the risks of Covid now. We know the Infection Fatality Rate of (let me repeat it) .0026..
Using your maths, that would require 230% of Peru's entire population to have been infected with SARS-COV-2.

And that calculation is very similar whether you use cumulative excess deaths or their official count of COVID-19 deaths.

You have been told this before, with links.

And you still have nothing beyond your own assessment that you actually had COVID-19.

Every year since 1990 the US Public healthcare spending has been greater than the UK as a proportion of GDP. More US Tax goes to healthcare than the UK
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2021, 03:03 PM   #483
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

We are now seeing a complete revolt against science and modern medicine, and the attempts of trying to shiled this by creating a "alternastive" science is a total fail. Woo dressed up as science is still woo.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2021, 03:07 PM   #484
Tippit
Illuminator

Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
Using your maths, that would require 230% of Peru's entire population to have been infected with SARS-COV-2.
It would not require that. It could also mean that either Peru's Covid mortality or Covid infection statistics, or both, be absolute ********. I would bet on both.

Covid mortality is also a function of a lot of other things. Maybe Peruvians are generally unhealthy. Maybe they have genetic predispositions that cause them to not survive infection at a higher rate than the rest of the world. The global Covid IFR, is still .0026. You can't wish it away.

Quote:

And that calculation is very similar whether you use cumulative excess deaths or their official count of COVID-19 deaths.

I've read numerous accounts of chicanery in the absolute mortality statistics coming out of the UK, too. I take them all with a grain of salt. My own instinct and anecdotal evidence is more important than the avalanche of lies, and official misinformation.

Quote:

And you still have nothing beyond your own assessment that you actually had COVID-19.
Whether or not you believe me, is not my concern. I live in Florida, and the only place I mask is the poker room where I play cards, for which it is required. If I haven't been exposed to Covid-19 on multiple occasions since I was sick back in June of 2020, then it is a miracle. I am not afraid of the disease, and I live my life as if it doesn't even exist, outside of pleading with irrational fools on forums to leave me the **** alone.

Last edited by Tippit; 10th October 2021 at 03:08 PM.
Tippit is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2021, 03:10 PM   #485
turingtest
Mistral, mistral wind...

I don't think you understand what virtue signaling means. However, I am not virtue signaling, I just want you to leave me the **** alone, and leave my health decisions to me.
It doesn't mean anything specific at all, that's the beauty of it for angry misanthropes- as FZ says, it's just a way for mindless contrarians to pretend that they belong to some special in-group- in your case, heroes leading a fight for truth, etc., against world-spanning conspiracies that (fortunately for them) they'll never have to actually confront. They're pathetic comic-book patriots, superstars in their own mind.

Life was a short shelf that came with bookends- Stephen King
turingtest is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2021, 03:10 PM   #486
Tippit
Illuminator

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
We are now seeing a complete revolt against science and modern medicine, and the attempts of trying to shiled this by creating a "alternastive" science is a total fail. Woo dressed up as science is still woo.
On the contrary, we're seeing a revolt against official government, corporate, and media misinformation, known liars, and would-be medical totalitarians who think they know everything, including what is best for everyone else. It will end in bloody revolution unless you back off.

At what point did you stop becoming Americans? At what point did you think that forcing experimental medicine on the entire population was a reasonable, rational approach to a disease with a .0026 IFR?
Old 10th October 2021, 03:29 PM   #487
junkshop
Critical Thinker

Location: Under the bed. Whose bed, you ask? That would be telling...sleep tight.
At what point did you stop becoming Americans?
Many of us never started. You are aware that this is the International Skeptics Forum, yes?
Old 10th October 2021, 03:32 PM   #488
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by junkshop View Post
Many of us never started. You are aware that this is the International Skeptics Forum, yes?
Then start now!

Why do you hate America?
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2021, 03:38 PM   #489
junkshop
Critical Thinker

Location: Under the bed. Whose bed, you ask? That would be telling...sleep tight.
Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Then start now!

Why do you hate America?
It took broke my model aeroplane.

ETA: No, sorry, that was Michael from the big school. Which one was America again?

Last edited by junkshop; 10th October 2021 at 03:40 PM. Reason: I got confused
junkshop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2021, 03:43 PM   #490
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

Originally Posted by junkshop View Post
There's an outside of America*? Now that's just crazy talk!

*Canada, Mexico and South America are urban myths.
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2021, 03:53 PM   #491
marting
Master Poster

At what point did you stop becoming Americans? At what point did you think that forcing experimental medicine on the entire population was a reasonable, rational approach to a disease with a .0026 IFR?
The IFR for polio is lower than that. Covid-19's IFR also higher in the USA because of the age skew in first world countries.

I must of missed the revolution.
Old 10th October 2021, 04:00 PM   #492
Axxman300
Philosopher

On the contrary, we're seeing a revolt against official government, corporate, and media misinformation, known liars, and would-be medical totalitarians who think they know everything, including what is best for everyone else.
No, we're seeing paranoid Man-Babies get their diapers in a twist because they have to eat their vegetables. Sorry pal, stupid people don't get to make the rules.

Quote:
It will end in bloody revolution unless you back off.
BS. You guys are cowards. One dipstick rioter was shot by Capital Police and your crowd cries murder.

Quote:
I got news for you, as an American I do not have the option of being a coward. Especially when nobody is asking me to storm Normandy Beach, capture Iwo Jima, fly a B-17 to bomb Schweinfurt in broad daylight, defend Khe Sanh, ration gasoline, ration food, or clear a two-story house in Fallujah. All I am being asked to do - as an American - is get vaccinated.

There is no financial cost and zero health risk. The COVID-19 is far better researched and tested than the flu shot I got three weeks ago. The average vaccine has 8 years of research, COVID-19's vaccine is based on a total 14 years starting back in 2004 with COVID-2 (SARS). The average vaccine has a team of five to eight scientists working on the project and part of the reason an average vaccine takes eight years to reach the public is it takes time to test due to access to only a small number of people willing to go through the process. COVID-19 had hundreds of scientists from all over the world working on the problem in the best labs on earth, and they had a test pool of subjects numbering in the hundreds of thousands.

All you and people like you are trying to is justify your unfounded fear by blowing smoke. It is your right as an American to be a paranoid chicken, just quit wiping your backside with my flag.
Old 10th October 2021, 04:48 PM   #493
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

ADE responses were observed in animal testing of mRNA, and animals died as a result. That fact probably puts the risk in humans a lot closer to likely than hypothetical, wouldn't you say?
Still no source, and some speculation. Source for the ADE/mRNA?
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2021, 06:11 PM   #494
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
BS. You guys are cowards. One dipstick rioter was shot by Capital Police and your crowd cries murder.
Indeed.

Quote:
All you and people like you are trying to is justify your unfounded fear by blowing smoke. It is your right as an American to be a paranoid chicken, just quit wiping your backside with my flag.
And quit humping it like Trump. That's not patriotism, it's pandering to the cement-heads.

Dr. Brytney Cobia
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2021, 06:11 PM   #495
surrogate
Critical Thinker

On the contrary, we're seeing a revolt against official government, corporate, and media misinformation, known liars, and would-be medical totalitarians who think they know everything, including what is best for everyone else. It will end in bloody revolution unless you back off.

Nobody is forcing you to take any vaccine. Not liking the repercussions of your choice isn't forcing. Any bloody revolution is going to end with your side being crushed like a bug, so bring it on.
surrogate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2021, 06:16 PM   #496
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by surrogate View Post
Nobody is forcing you to take any vaccine. Not liking the repercussions of your choice isn't forcing. Any bloody revolution is going to end with your side being crushed like a bug, so bring it on.
Anti-vax Mujahideen . . . not nearly as fierce as the real ones. They run away from a little needle for crissake!

Dr. Brytney Cobia
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2021, 07:18 PM   #497
Redwood
Graduate Poster

Deaths/one million Singapore: 27

Deaths/one million USA: 2,200

Source: Worldometer (https://www.worldometers.info/corona...mupQ#countries)
Redwood is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2021, 07:53 PM   #498
Tippit
Illuminator

Originally Posted by marting View Post
The IFR for polio is lower than that.
Then that makes the mandate response that much more irrational back then. There are two important differences, one, the polio vaccine actually offered sterilizing immunity, therefore little-to-no risk of escape mutation, and two the risks of polio weren't fully encapsulated in the IFR due to the disabilities that some survivors were left with, much more severe than those of Covid "long haulers".

It's also worth noting that numerous people died in the cutter event, when initial batches were treated with formaldehyde.

The MMR vaccines that I received as a child, without my consent, contained thimerosal, which itself contained a mercury compound. Mercury is highly neurotoxic. Why would anyone use these in vaccines? The hubris coupled with the abject ignorance and possible malfeasance of the people who made these decisions is astounding. Those decisions have tainted the legacy of otherwise sterilizing and beneficial vaccines. There is a loss of trust.

Quote:

Covid-19's IFR also higher in the USA because of the age skew in first world countries.
Probably true. The IFR is overstated still for reasons that Minnesota Senator Jenson specified in my other post.

Quote:
I must of missed the revolution.
It's looming. Whether it happens or not will depend on whether the medical tyrants back down.

Last edited by Tippit; 10th October 2021 at 07:54 PM.
Tippit is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2021, 07:58 PM   #499
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena
Pronouns: he/him

At what point did you stop becoming Americans?
At the point at which I was born and lived my whole life in Australia.

There is no experimental gene therapy.
Old 10th October 2021, 08:04 PM   #500
Tippit
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post

There is no financial cost and zero health risk.
Abject ignorance and stunning hubris, wrapped up in one sentence. Of course there is a financial cost. Do you think subscription immunity in perpetuity is going to come cheap? It will be born by taxpayers. Your inability to grasp this simple concept leads to your ridiculous claim that there is "zero health risk". You literally don't know what you're talking about. You're just parroting a cult. How about you take your experimental gene therapy, and leave me alone.

Maybe consider moving to Lithuania, or North Korea.
Old 10th October 2021, 08:08 PM   #501
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

There is no experimental gene therapy, Tippit. You are misunderstanding how an mRNA vaccine works.
Old 10th October 2021, 08:12 PM   #502
Tippit
Illuminator

Originally Posted by arthwollipot View Post
At the point at which I was born and lived my whole life in Australia.
Australia is a literal police state right now, having pursued a zero-Covid policy along with NZ up until recently. Admit it. You love the lockdowns. You've probably tattled on your neighbors for failing to wear a mask outside, haven't you.

Quote:

There is no experimental gene therapy.
Say that three times, like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz, and it will still be false. Synthetic mRNA molecules that program your ribosomes to create synthetic spike proteins that attempt to mimic those of the virus are gene therapy. Even the J&J "vaccine" which is an adenovirus "vaccine" uses a viral vector to deliver DNA instructions for your cells to produce a synthetic spike protein. All of this obviously qualifies as gene therapy.
Old 10th October 2021, 08:17 PM   #503
Tippit
Illuminator

New York, Los Angeles, and San Francisco all have mandates. The Federal Government also has mandates (for which Congress, et al have exemptions!), and Biden is using OSHA to threaten employers, which is causing mass firings. Air travel has recently been impacted because ATCs walked off their job.

I don't think you're going to fare as well as you believe in the revolution. You may want to rethink that, and back down from the medical tyranny. And if you do wish for such an outcome for your fellow Americans who don't want to be coerced into experimental treatments for an overhyped disease, then it just reveals what kind of psychopaths you people actually are (the mandaters, not the vaccinated)
Old 10th October 2021, 08:31 PM   #504
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

Australia is a literal police state right now, having pursued a zero-Covid policy along with NZ up until recently. Admit it. You love the lockdowns. You've probably tattled on your neighbors for failing to wear a mask outside, haven't you.
And our vaccination rates are much higher, and our death and hospitalisation rates much lower, than the so-called Land of the Free. I didn't even have a mask mandate or a lockdown order in 2020 at all. It was only when Delta arrived that I had to do that, for my safety and that of others. The other day when all those people in America protested on our behalf, we laughed. We laughed because it was just so ludicrous. By every measure, we're doing better than you are.

If that's what you call a "police state" then I say bring it on.

Say that three times, like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz, and it will still be false. Synthetic mRNA molecules that program your ribosomes to create synthetic spike proteins that attempt to mimic those of the virus are gene therapy.
No, it's not. Your genes are not being affected in any way at all.

Even the J&J "vaccine" which is an adenovirus "vaccine" uses a viral vector to deliver DNA instructions for your cells to produce a synthetic spike protein. All of this obviously qualifies as gene therapy.
It doesn't. Your genes are not being affected in any way at all. Gene therapy involves making modifications to your genes, via retrovirus or other vector.

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Gene therapy is a medical field which focuses on the genetic modification of cells to produce a therapeutic effect[1] or the treatment of disease by repairing or reconstructing defective genetic material.[2]
mRNA vaccines do not do that - can not do that.

However, I apologise for saying that you are misunderstanding how an mRNA vaccine works. Broad strokes, you've got it basically correct. You're misunderstanding what gene therapy is. You're also misunderstanding what "experimental" means. Personally, I think it's likely that you're deliberately misusing those terms in order to make it sound as scary and disturbing as possible for a purely rhetorical purpose, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt and say that you are simply ignorant, rather than malicious.
Old 10th October 2021, 08:33 PM   #505
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

And incidentally, no, I haven't "tattled" on my neighbours. They're all wearing masks because they are sensible. Today my territory reached 70% fully vaccinated, a statistic of which I am proud.
Old 10th October 2021, 08:34 PM   #506
Bubba
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Remember to bring your evidence that ex-president ***** -his-pants and his handler Putin were lying about taking the vaccine.

Resume.

Another failed attempt to put words in my mouth.

I did not say they were lying.
Perhaps you are, or you are confused.

The truth is that I pointed out how one cannot know whether or not Putin and Trump took the covid vaccine.(actual skeptics agree).

I did so by simply asking you "How do you know they took the covid vaccine?". (typical exercise in actual skepticism)

Quote:
Hey Bubba, are you gonna bring your silly CT here from the Are You Unvaccinated thread or not?...... Hey Bubba, please do not PM me with your nonsense again; take you CT arguments to this thread where I will respond to them.

For the record, I PM'd you after the fact, about:

(I will paraphrase, from memory):
You posted something about Putin and Trump were vaccinated for covid.
Seeing a chance of a learning moment, I asked you how you can know that is true.
I said all you have is faith in your source.
You replied and admitted you cannot know.
I replied and congratulated you for realizing you cannot know.
I also mentioned Pyrrho, and information cults.

When I replied, I saw you had edited your post.. If I recall correctly, it was one or two posts that you quickly edited to conceal your admissions.

Now you are doubling down.

Your little flurry of insulting posts here makes me wonder if you are a tad butthurt, after deleting your realization that your sources could be lying to you.

From memory, here are your (partial)(quickly deleted), admissions, in so many words, as I recall them:

"True, one cannot know if Putin and Trump really got vaccinated."

"Yes people do tell lies"
...again, I am paraphrasing, from memory.

A more accurate record of your words might be in my PM file, however I cannot access that for a while, apparently because you ran to Mods with:

"Mommy! Waaaa... Bubba PM'd me... " Did you do that? My notification indicated you did. Pity, we could have had a conversation.

Yes, Im thinking you are butthurt, because I saw you conceded my point, before you edited.

Nonetheless, congrats for admitting you cannot know if Putin & Trump got vaccinated. Like I said, there may be hope for you after all.

Will you triple down now?

Last edited by Bubba; 10th October 2021 at 08:36 PM.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2021, 08:48 PM   #507
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Bubba do I understand correctly that you think Trump pretended to get vaccinated, because he believed it was too risky to take?
In that case, Trump not only lied about it, he also told everyone to take a vaccine he thinks is dangerous.
Or, alternatively he is clueless berk.
Is it door 1 or 2 in your opinion?
Old 10th October 2021, 09:12 PM   #508
Tippit
Illuminator

And our vaccination rates are much higher, and our death and hospitalisation rates much lower, than the so-called Land of the Free. I didn't even have a mask mandate or a lockdown order in 2020 at all. It was only when Delta arrived that I had to do that, for my safety and that of others. The other day when all those people in America protested on our behalf, we laughed. We laughed because it was just so ludicrous. By every measure, we're doing better than you are.

If that's what you call a "police state" then I say bring it on.
No one in their right mind wants to live in AU right now. It's reverting back to what it originally was - an island penal colony. I live in Florida. Guess what, if I didn't have a television or an internet browser, the only evidence that I would have that there is a "pandemic" is the occasional mask wearing *******. That's it. I will take that standard of living over yours, and I will keep my guns.

Quote:
No, it's not. Your genes are not being affected in any way at all.

It doesn't. Your genes are not being affected in any way at all. Gene therapy involves making modifications to your genes, via retrovirus or other vector.

mRNA vaccines do not do that - can not do that.
Sorry, you're wrong. Gene therapy involves the use of genes to treat or prevent disease - which is exactly what the mRNA (and even adenovirus DNA) Covid experiments are doing:

What is gene therapy?
Quote:
What is gene therapy?

Gene therapy is an experimental technique that uses genes to treat or prevent disease. In the future, this technique may allow doctors to treat a disorder by inserting a gene into a patient’s cells instead of using drugs or surgery. Researchers are testing several approaches to gene therapy, including:

Replacing a mutated gene that causes disease with a healthy copy of the gene.

Inactivating, or “knocking out,” a mutated gene that is functioning improperly.

Introducing a new gene into the body to help fight a disease.

Although gene therapy is a promising treatment option for a number of diseases (including inherited disorders, some types of cancer, and certain viral infections), the technique remains risky and is still under study to make sure that it will be safe and effective. Gene therapy is currently being tested only for diseases that have no other cures.
Introducing synthetic mRNA molecules (genetic material) using lipid nanoparticles and graphene-oxide hydrogels for the purpose of programing cells to produce synthetic proteins that cause microscopic blood clots definitely qualifies as gene therapy, even if DNA isn't specifically altered. The fact that the mRNA can serve as a blueprint for any protein the pharmaceuticals want, coupled with the fact that they probably don't know the long term implications of causing the body to produce synthetic proteins, is cause for alarm. I suggest that you do not force me to consume this product.

Quote:
However, I apologise for saying that you are misunderstanding how an mRNA vaccine works. Broad strokes, you've got it basically correct. You're misunderstanding what gene therapy is. You're also misunderstanding what "experimental" means. Personally, I think it's likely that you're deliberately misusing those terms in order to make it sound as scary and disturbing as possible for a purely rhetorical purpose, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt and say that you are simply ignorant, rather than malicious.

I don't need your apologies, nor am I "malicious". I'm seeking to reassert control of the use of language for the specific purpose of differentiating important and possibly dangerous medical technologies that need differentiating. George Orwell knew all too well the importance of this.
Old 10th October 2021, 09:13 PM   #509
Tippit
Illuminator

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
Bubba do I understand correctly that you think Trump pretended to get vaccinated, because he believed it was too risky to take?
In that case, Trump not only lied about it, he also told everyone to take a vaccine he thinks is dangerous.
It's ironic that most jabtards are taking the gene therapy that was developed under Donald Trump's Operation Warp Speed, when I distinctly remember many of them refusing to do so at the time. Ahh, how things change.
Old 10th October 2021, 09:22 PM   #510
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

It's ironic that most jabtards are taking the gene therapy that was developed under Donald Trump's Operation Warp Speed, when I distinctly remember many of them refusing to do so at the time. Ahh, how things change.
Nope scepticism towards a vaccine that was so quickly developed was warranted, which is why the high-risk groups got it first. THEY lwere the Stage Four trial proving that any side effects were minor compared to the benefits.
After more than 5billion administered doses, we can be absolutely sure that there is nothing seriously wrong with the vaccine.
Old 10th October 2021, 09:25 PM   #511
marting
Master Poster

The MMR vaccines that I received as a child, without my consent, contained thimerosal, which itself contained a mercury compound. Mercury is highly neurotoxic. Why would anyone use these in vaccines? The hubris coupled with the abject ignorance and possible malfeasance of the people who made these decisions is astounding. Those decisions have tainted the legacy of otherwise sterilizing and beneficial vaccines. There is a loss of trust.
Gee. How horrible! I guess you avoid tuna fish sandwiches too. Imagine giving tuna sandwiches to kids? Call child protective services! Outrage!

I eat tuna. The mercury I've consumed from tuna in the last year greatly exceeds that from the MMR vaccines and it's in a more toxic form too. But then I'm not a snowflake.
Old 10th October 2021, 09:50 PM   #512
gypsyjackson
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by jimbob View Post

Peru, of course as I have noted before, being the country which was using ivermectin as a primary treatment because it couldn’t afford vaccine, and was held up as a success for the drug until it became clear that Peru had covered up more than 2/3 of deaths and in fact had the greatest Covid death rate in the world.

Indonesia was also mentioned earlier - there’s a trial due to report this month, but saying Indonesia is using Ivermectin successfully is a flat lie.
gypsyjackson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2021, 10:04 PM   #513
surrogate
Critical Thinker

New York, Los Angeles, and San Francisco all have mandates. The Federal Government also has mandates (for which Congress, et al have exemptions!), and Biden is using OSHA to threaten employers, which is causing mass firings. Air travel has recently been impacted because ATCs walked off their job.

I don't think you're going to fare as well as you believe in the revolution. You may want to rethink that, and back down from the medical tyranny. And if you do wish for such an outcome for your fellow Americans who don't want to be coerced into experimental treatments for an overhyped disease, then it just reveals what kind of psychopaths you people actually are (the mandaters, not the vaccinated)
Please explain how the vaccine mandates are forcing anyone to get vaccinated?
surrogate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2021, 10:26 PM   #514
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

No one in their right mind wants to live in AU right now.
I do. In fact, I wouldn't live in America right now if you paid me, especially Florida. Nothing could convince me. I want to go back to visit one day, because it's nice and there's some stuff I'd like to see, but to live there? Nope. Never in a million years. I'm much better off here with my police-state socialised medicine and my police-state lack of school shootings and my police-state beaches that I'll be able to go to again this summer. What did you do over summer, Tippit?

It's reverting back to what it originally was - an island penal colony.
You wouldn't know it to live here.

It amazes me that you feel that you can speak with such authority on what it's like to live in Australia when you don't. I live here, and I can say that even with the lockdowns, which I will admit have been tough, it's really nice. You have no clue and are speaking from a position of ignorance.

Do you want to know what it's really like to live here? You're welcome to ask. Here's one little fact I'll give you for free: my lockdown is being lifted at the end of this week. Lockdown in New South Wales - the state that was worst hit by Delta - was lifted yesterday. If this is a police state, then the police are setting everyone free.

I live in Florida. Guess what, if I didn't have a television or an internet browser, the only evidence that I would have that there is a "pandemic" is the occasional mask wearing *******. That's it. I will take that standard of living over yours, and I will keep my guns.
Spoken like a true American. Don't tread on me. I've got mine Jack. Did you know that America is the most individualistic and the least collectivist country on Earth? You don't care about anything unless it directly affects you. Community immunity? **** that. I'll take care of mine and screw the rest of you.

Sorry, you're wrong. Gene therapy involves the use of genes to treat or prevent disease - which is exactly what the mRNA (and even adenovirus DNA) Covid experiments are doing:
Nope. mRNA doesn't even contain genes.

Can you define what a gene even is, Tippit?

I don't need your apologies, nor am I "malicious". I'm seeking to reassert control of the use of language for the specific purpose of differentiating important and possibly dangerous medical technologies that need differentiating. George Orwell knew all too well the importance of this.
Wow. It's not often that someone openly admits to using Orwellian tactics to influence people. You do know that that's not generally understood to be a good thing, right? Orwell is not typically considered to be the most Utopian of social commentators.
Old 10th October 2021, 10:39 PM   #515
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

Wow. It's not often that someone openly admits to using Orwellian tactics to influence people. You do know that that's not generally understood to be a good thing, right? Orwell is not typically considered to be the most Utopian of social commentators.
Similarly, one would normally expect people to dislike villains. It's a sad comment about the state of the American Right, right now, that they're giving power to people who emphasize with and praise villains. Satan, Darth Vader, Senator Kelly... all fine role models, right? Also, it might be worth adding that much in the way of "Orwellian" tactics are those that Orwell was rather directly warning against, rather than promoting.

Last edited by Aridas; 10th October 2021 at 10:42 PM.
Aridas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2021, 11:08 PM   #516
Bubba
Philosopher

Please explain how the vaccine mandates are forcing anyone to get vaccinated?

Choose between jab or your job.

Technically not forcing anyone. (congrats, you win) Try convincing someone of that, who took the jab to stay employed/feed family.

Also if you choose (losing) your job, you will not be eligible for unemployment benefits in some places.

How cool is that.?

Last edited by Bubba; 10th October 2021 at 11:19 PM.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2021, 11:12 PM   #517
Bubba
Philosopher

[quote=arthwollipot;13625560]

Quote:
by Tippit View Post

Quote:
Wow. It's not often that someone openly admits to using Orwellian tactics to influence people.

R U sure he did that?
Old 10th October 2021, 11:18 PM   #518
Bubba
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Aridas View Post
Similarly, one would normally expect people to dislike villains. It's a sad comment about the state of the American Right, right now, that they're giving power to people who emphasize with and praise villains. Satan, Darth Vader, Senator Kelly... all fine role models, right? Also, it might be worth adding that much in the way of "Orwellian" tactics are those that Orwell was rather directly warning against, rather than promoting.

Newspeak 2021 is all the rage now, among the woke jab mongers.

Definitions of pandemic, herd immunity, and vaccine have changed, tailor made to suit the way they like it.

Orwellian indeed.
Old 10th October 2021, 11:20 PM   #519
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
R U sure he did that?
Yes.
Old 11th October 2021, 12:46 AM   #520
Bubba
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post

You assume too much. I dont claim to know enough to pick either of your doors 1 or 2.

I'd say that the BBC or ABC News or the Washing Post telling their audiences that Trump and Putin took the covid 'vaccine' is simply not proof it happened. That's all I would've said to Resume, especially when I saw his post agreeing that one cannot know if they took the vaccine.

BTW, the same goes for uncle Joe's televised jab the other day. I doubt his trainers would risk him fainting or keeling over on camera. Politically, it makes no sense that they would risk any unseemly reaction to a jab, on camera.

What do you think?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories