IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Coronavirus , Coronavirus conspiracies , diseases , medical conspiracies

Reply
Old 4th October 2021, 03:17 PM   #241
carlitos
"más divertido"
 
carlitos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: USA! USA!
Posts: 23,870
Originally Posted by surrogate View Post
Blood in his semen you say? I'm not so sure I would be up to having sex or jerking off after vomiting pints of blood and bleeding out my ass, but I've always been kind of soft. What a trooper.
Good catch. She "buried the lede" as they say.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2021, 03:18 PM   #242
turingtest
Mistral, mistral wind...
 
turingtest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Embedded and embattled, reporting from Mississippi
Posts: 5,083
Originally Posted by Chris_Halkides View Post
If it has not already been done, someone should put this into the VAERS system.
You'd certainly think that the doctor(s) at the ER her "friend" surely went to for what was plainly a serious, potentially life-threatening, reaction would have reported the incident to VAERS. Of course, that is assuming the first thing about the incident- namely, the "it happened" part.
__________________
I'm tired of the bombs, tired of the bullets, tired of the crazies on TV;
I'm the aviator, a dream's a dream whatever it seems
Deep Purple- "The Aviator"

Life was a short shelf that came with bookends- Stephen King
turingtest is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2021, 04:01 PM   #243
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft
 
Childlike Empress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ivory Tower
Posts: 19,587
__________________
Freimir Kron
waltet schon
unser Sohn
auf dem Thron

Last edited by Childlike Empress; 4th October 2021 at 04:08 PM. Reason: censor the f-word
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2021, 06:53 PM   #244
surrogate
Critical Thinker
 
surrogate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Somewhere within the Orion Arm (aka NJ, USA)
Posts: 486
Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
Good catch. She "buried the lede" as they say.
After rereading it a few times, I think "the AZ Jab" is code for having oral and anal sex with a horse.
surrogate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2021, 07:51 PM   #245
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker
 
kookbreaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 13,724
Today’s Facebook outage has dealt a harsh blow to anti-vaxxer research.
__________________
www.spectrum-scientifics.com <- My store of science toys, instruments and general fun!

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2021, 08:35 PM   #246
Resume
Troublesome Passenger
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 20,583
Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
Today’s Facebook outage has dealt a harsh blow to anti-vaxxer research.
If they can't view memes from their uncles's neighbor's brother's dog, they don't know what to believe.
__________________
“One of the last things they do before they’re intubated is beg me for the vaccine. I hold their hand and tell them that I’m sorry, but it’s too late.”

Dr. Brytney Cobia
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2021, 05:23 AM   #247
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"
 
jimbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 23,502
Originally Posted by Chris_Halkides View Post
If it has not already been done, someone should put this into the VAERS system.
The antivaxers are trying to set up a parallel system

https://www.covid19assembly.org/adve...ctions-report/

They accepted this entry of mine

FAJ6RteWUAEoszB.jpg

Yes the child was under 2 and at the time, the vaccination dates were in the future and I'm apparently their daughter.

They missed 15 days of school due to the vaccine
__________________
OECD healthcare spending
Public/Compulsory Expenditure on healthcare
https://data.oecd.org/chart/60Tt

Every year since 1990 the US Public healthcare spending has been greater than the UK as a proportion of GDP. More US Tax goes to healthcare than the UK
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2021, 05:52 AM   #248
The Traveler
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 198
An interesting link for interaction.

https://vaccine-police.com/
The Traveler is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2021, 05:59 AM   #249
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy
 
Upchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 32,626
Okay. Can someone explain to me like I’m five how requiring vaccinations or regular testing is oppressing people with authoritarian tyranny, even if one has already been vaccinated?
__________________
"There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact." -- Sherlock Holmes.
"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." -- Mark Twain, maybe.
Upchurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2021, 06:00 AM   #250
turingtest
Mistral, mistral wind...
 
turingtest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Embedded and embattled, reporting from Mississippi
Posts: 5,083
Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
The antivaxers are trying to set up a parallel system

https://www.covid19assembly.org/adve...ctions-report/

They accepted this entry of mine

Attachment 45394

Yes the child was under 2 and at the time, the vaccination dates were in the future and I'm apparently their daughter.

They missed 15 days of school due to the vaccine
"Dr Harold Shipman" was also a nice touch.
__________________
I'm tired of the bombs, tired of the bullets, tired of the crazies on TV;
I'm the aviator, a dream's a dream whatever it seems
Deep Purple- "The Aviator"

Life was a short shelf that came with bookends- Stephen King
turingtest is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2021, 06:02 AM   #251
junkshop
Critical Thinker
 
junkshop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Under the bed. Whose bed, you ask? That would be telling...sleep tight.
Posts: 469
Originally Posted by The Traveler View Post
An interesting link for interaction.

https://vaccine-police.com/
Christopher Key, reasonable human being:

Quote:
Staff at a Walmart in Springfield, Missouri, were confronted by a man who has called himself the “vaccine police” and threatened employees if they carried out vaccinations for Covid.
From the Independant
__________________
Not a Cockney.
junkshop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2021, 06:08 AM   #252
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man
 
JoeMorgue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 36,171
Originally Posted by Upchurch View Post
Okay. Can someone explain to me like I’m five how requiring vaccinations or regular testing is oppressing people with authoritarian tyranny, even if one has already been vaccinated?
Because trolls only care about freedom when it is the freedom to hurt other people. (Or the Freedom of Speech for racists or Nazis which amounts to the same thing.)
__________________
"If everyone in the room says water is wet and I say it's dry that makes me smart because at least I'm thinking for myself!" - The Proudly Wrong.
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2021, 06:29 AM   #253
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian
 
The Great Zaganza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 16,513
Originally Posted by Upchurch View Post
Okay. Can someone explain to me like I’m five how requiring vaccinations or regular testing is oppressing people with authoritarian tyranny, even if one has already been vaccinated?
You are looking at this the wrong way.
Vaccine and mask mandates would be totally fine if they came from the Right-wing.
The reason why they are tyrannical has nothing to do with what they are, but the fact that they are promoted by Democrats.
If Democrats suggested a free gun for everyone at the age of 18, Republicans would ban all guns.
Since Clinton, Republicans cannot let Democrats have a win if it kills them - and others.
__________________
“You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.”
-Anne Lamott
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2021, 06:30 AM   #254
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon
 
Foster Zygote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 19,065
Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
I'm still waiting to hear about all those people you personally knew who were killed or sickened by social distancing.

The thing is, most of the people in hospital with COVID-19 now, and most by far of those dying of it, are the unvaccinated.

I guess I just expected something a little more compelling and mature than a crappy cartoon meme from the smartest person I've ever encountered.
__________________
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2021, 06:31 AM   #255
W.D.Clinger
Illuminator
 
W.D.Clinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,124
Originally Posted by Upchurch View Post
Okay. Can someone explain to me like I’m five how requiring vaccinations or regular testing is oppressing people with authoritarian tyranny, even if one has already been vaccinated?
Do you remember how, immediately after five pagan justices overruled Dog's will, the holy institution of marriage vanished from the face of the earth?

It's the same general principle: Anything I don't like is immoral. If the government allows, encourages, or mandates it, it's even worse than immoral, it's communism authoritarian tyranny.
W.D.Clinger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2021, 07:15 AM   #256
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"
 
jimbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 23,502
Originally Posted by turingtest View Post
"Dr Harold Shipman" was also a nice touch.

I hope you also noticed the email address.
__________________
OECD healthcare spending
Public/Compulsory Expenditure on healthcare
https://data.oecd.org/chart/60Tt

Every year since 1990 the US Public healthcare spending has been greater than the UK as a proportion of GDP. More US Tax goes to healthcare than the UK

Last edited by jimbob; 5th October 2021 at 07:52 AM.
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2021, 08:34 AM   #257
Carrot Flower King
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 1,845
Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
No…but I can get you a good deal on a lovely mountain chateau in Nebraska.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Does it have a good view of Panorama Point? I'd hate to think that any of those other mountains were obscuring it.
Carrot Flower King is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2021, 09:05 AM   #258
dann
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 15,519
Originally Posted by Upchurch View Post
Okay. Can someone explain to me like I’m five how requiring vaccinations or regular testing is oppressing people with authoritarian tyranny, even if one has already been vaccinated?

If you are a true patriot and really want to stick it to the libs, there is nothing like dying of a preventable disease. The ones who do go straight to Republican Heaven.
__________________
/dann
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2021, 10:13 AM   #259
Tippit
Illuminator
 
Tippit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,800
Originally Posted by Upchurch View Post
Okay. Can someone explain to me like I’m five how requiring vaccinations or regular testing is oppressing people with authoritarian tyranny, even if one has already been vaccinated?
Because "leaky" experimental gene therapy that doesn't confer sterilizing immunity, which has the potential to induce antibody dependent enhancement, which has the potential to cause escape mutation such as in Marek's disease, which was issued under an emergency use authorization for a disease that boasts a .26% (that's .0026) Infection Fatality Rate, or about one fatality in every 365 people infected, and which is heavily skewed towards elderly and co-morbid people all for a disease which is treatable, isn't really a vaccine. This is not your grandfather's polio vaccine which offered sterilizing immunity, it's something else entirely.

Because mandating that people must have potentially harmful substances with unknown long term consequences injected into their bodies against their will is the essence of totalitarianism.
__________________
"Allowing human beings to create unlimited money out of nothing inevitably results in the most monstrous of conspiracies."
Tippit is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2021, 10:59 AM   #260
Delphic Oracle
Philosopher
 
Delphic Oracle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 5,941
Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
Because "leaky" experimental gene therapy that doesn't confer sterilizing immunity, which has the potential to induce antibody dependent enhancement, which has the potential to cause escape mutation such as in Marek's disease, which was issued under an emergency use authorization for a disease that boasts a .26% (that's .0026) Infection Fatality Rate, or about one fatality in every 365 people infected, and which is heavily skewed towards elderly and co-morbid people all for a disease which is treatable, isn't really a vaccine. This is not your grandfather's polio vaccine which offered sterilizing immunity, it's something else entirely.

Because mandating that people must have potentially harmful substances with unknown long term consequences injected into their bodies against their will is the essence of totalitarianism.
The SARS-CoV-2 virus fits this description. Perhaps worse because there are known immediate and long term consequences.

Resistance to vaccination essentially results in inflicting this upon everyone else.
Delphic Oracle is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2021, 11:07 AM   #261
tyr_13
Penultimate Amazing
 
tyr_13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 16,827
Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
Because "leaky" experimental gene therapy that doesn't confer sterilizing immunity, which has the potential to induce antibody dependent enhancement, which has the potential to cause escape mutation such as in Marek's disease, which was issued under an emergency use authorization for a disease that boasts a .26% (that's .0026) Infection Fatality Rate, or about one fatality in every 365 people infected, and which is heavily skewed towards elderly and co-morbid people all for a disease which is treatable, isn't really a vaccine. This is not your grandfather's polio vaccine which offered sterilizing immunity, it's something else entirely.

Because mandating that people must have potentially harmful substances with unknown long term consequences injected into their bodies against their will is the essence of totalitarianism.
Apart from the other nonsense trying to claim that the vaccines aren't vaccines, it's important to note that our grandparent's polio vaccine was between 60-70% effective.
__________________
Circled nothing is still nothing.
"Nothing will stop the U.S. from being a world leader, not even a handful of adults who want their kids to take science lessons from a book that mentions unicorns six times." -UNLoVedRebel
Mumpsimus: a stubborn person who insists on making an error in spite of being shown that it is wrong
tyr_13 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2021, 11:50 AM   #262
Venom
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 5,342
Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
Because "leaky" experimental gene therapy that doesn't confer sterilizing immunity, which has the potential to induce antibody dependent enhancement, which has the potential to cause escape mutation such as in Marek's disease, which was issued under an emergency use authorization for a disease that boasts a .26% (that's .0026) Infection Fatality Rate, or about one fatality in every 365 people infected, and which is heavily skewed towards elderly and co-morbid people all for a disease which is treatable, isn't really a vaccine. This is not your grandfather's polio vaccine which offered sterilizing immunity, it's something else entirely.
All of the ******* talking points rolled into one. Nice.

This keyboard warrior analysis is besides the point anyway. I suspect the real reason you oppose it is...

Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
Because mandating that people must have potentially harmful substances with unknown long term consequences injected into their bodies against their will is the essence of totalitarianism.
Opposition to going along with the group, even for something beneficial, is the essence of contrarianism and conspiracism.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2021, 12:13 PM   #263
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 22,865
Please stop spreading misinformation and rumors about the C 19 vaccine:

Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
Because "leaky" experimental gene therapy that doesn't confer sterilizing immunity

This comes straight from a CT site that claims "1,000 Lawyers and 10,000 Doctors Have Filed a Lawsuit for Violations of the Nuremberg Code". It has been debunked by fact checkers numerous times.

Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
which has the potential to induce antibody dependent enhancement,
Quote:
A baseless quote has been widely attributed to a Nobel Prize winner to claim people will die from antibody-dependent enhancement after receiving a COVID-19 jab. There is no evidence to back up this claim, nor was Reuters able to find any instance where the laureate made this comment.

The claim, made in a post that has been screenshot and shared on social media platforms, says French virologist Luc Montagnier “has confirmed that there is no chance of survival for people who have received any form of the vaccine”. (here , here and here).
Quote:
The 2-minute interview clip shows Montagnier claiming COVID-19 vaccines cause antibody dependent enhancement (ADE) – in other words, they cause worse disease than before. He says this is apparent by observing where “the curve of vaccination is followed by the curve of deaths”.

However, this is not accurate. While ADE was a concern initially contemplated by scientists creating COVID-19 vaccines (here), there have been no signs of cases happening during clinical trials or the roll-out (here , here and here).
https://www.reuters.com/article/fact...-idUSL2N2ND0WS

Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
which has the potential to cause escape mutation such as in Marek's disease,
There is no evidence of this and has been debunked. Again, this lie is spreading on social media. As the author of the paper on Marek's Disease and "leaky" viruses, Andrew Read, said about this claim:

Quote:
The study said this is often called a "leaky" vaccine. However, the posts attributed to Lindsay extrapolate the logic to apply to the today's Covid-19 vaccines and variants.

Read told AFP that this comparison is "irresponsible."

The study deals with chickens, not humans, and a herpes virus, not a coronavirus.

"Covid involves very different vaccines and viruses, and the biological details matter," Read said.
Quote:
Social media posts claim Covid-19 vaccines lead to virus mutations and say vaccinated people are responsible for variants, citing the case of a different disease that affects chickens as evidence. But experts say the analogy is flawed, and that vaccines reduce rather than enhance the risks posed by Covid-19.
https://factcheck.afp.com/http%253A%...m%252F9L24VY-1


Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
which was issued under an emergency use
Pfizer has now been fully approved and Moderna and J&J are fast approaching. Stop using this excuse.

Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
authorization for a disease that boasts a .26% (that's .0026) Infection Fatality Rate, or about one fatality in every 365 people infected, and which is heavily skewed towards elderly and co-morbid people
Over 700,000 people in the US alone have died from Covid 19 and over 4.5 MILLION people have died from it. Tell me again how low the death rate is.
What? The elderly and co-morbid people don't count?



Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
all for a disease which is treatable, isn't really a vaccine.
More CT nonsense. Yes, it's now treatable but how about PREVENTING serious and deadly symptoms instead of TREATING it? Your logic is no logic at all.

Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
This is not your grandfather's polio vaccine which offered sterilizing immunity, it's something else entirely.
The polio vaccine does create immunity while the current Covid 19 vaccines prevent serious infection and death. Is that not good enough for you?

Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
Because mandating that people must have potentially harmful substances with unknown long term consequences injected into their bodies against their will is the essence of totalitarianism.
There are no "long term consequences" from the Covid vaccine but there are certainly long term consequences from getting Covid. It's called "long Covid".

Your conclusion is based on nothing more than conspiracy theories, lies, and total misinformation. Frankly, it's the spreading of these lies that are causing more people to die. Stop it.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2021, 12:21 PM   #264
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 22,865
Originally Posted by tyr_13 View Post
Apart from the other nonsense trying to claim that the vaccines aren't vaccines, it's important to note that our grandparent's polio vaccine was between 60-70% effective.
Only if not given 3- 4 doses. With the full course, it is 99-100% effective.
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd/pol...rotection.html
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2021, 12:32 PM   #265
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man
 
JoeMorgue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 36,171
Well Grandpa should have died to tweak the libs.
__________________
"If everyone in the room says water is wet and I say it's dry that makes me smart because at least I'm thinking for myself!" - The Proudly Wrong.
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2021, 01:02 PM   #266
gypsyjackson
Graduate Poster
 
gypsyjackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posts: 1,483
Originally Posted by The Traveler View Post
An interesting link for interaction.

https://vaccine-police.com/
Is that a parody website? It certainly looks like it.

The rotating logo, the dated design, the photo. Is the policeman arresting him in that shot from Vaccine Internal Affairs?

“Important letters from some important people”…the important ‘people’ being him.

Edited to add: I just noticed that his settings button actually takes you to his blog.

Donate now!

Last edited by gypsyjackson; 5th October 2021 at 01:07 PM.
gypsyjackson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2021, 02:22 PM   #267
Tippit
Illuminator
 
Tippit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,800
Originally Posted by Delphic Oracle View Post
The SARS-CoV-2 virus fits this description. Perhaps worse because there are known immediate and long term consequences.
You're free to consume your corporate experimental gene therapy. The OP was about mandates (and testing).

Covid, which is caused by sars-cov-2, has about a 1 in 385 kill rate on infection, which is skewed by the elderly and co-morbid. That means if you're young and healthy, your risks are negligible. It's known that VAERS for the sars-cov-2 EGT (experimental gene therapies) have gone unreported, so who knows what the adverse events and mortality rates are for the vaccinated.

Quote:
Resistance to vaccination essentially results in inflicting this upon everyone else.
Nonsense. That was the original promise, which turned out to be a lie, given the high amount of breakthrough infections. There are some stats which show that vaccinated people actually carry even more virus, because they only produce antibodies for the spike protein, and not in response to the other antigens. Natural infection grants sterilizing immunity, which means the unvaccinated who have already been sick are your absolute lowest risk for spreading the disease.

At best, vaccination may reduce severe symptoms associated with the spike protein, but it may put individuals at risk of ADE for future strains, and populations at risk because of escape mutation (which is why coronavirus vaccines never really work, nor any "vaccine" that presumes to inoculate against a highly mutagenic virus). Read about Marek's disease to see why.
__________________
"Allowing human beings to create unlimited money out of nothing inevitably results in the most monstrous of conspiracies."
Tippit is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2021, 02:27 PM   #268
Tippit
Illuminator
 
Tippit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,800
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
All of the ******* talking points rolled into one. Nice.

This keyboard warrior analysis is besides the point anyway. I suspect the real reason you oppose it is...
These are not rebuttals.

Quote:

Opposition to going along with the group, even for something beneficial, is the essence of contrarianism and conspiracism.
Some of the risks of these EGTs are known (ADE, escape mutation), and others are still unknown. On the other hand, the risks of covid infection, and specifically your risk of dying, are well known.

Only innumerate people seek to take gene therapies for a disease that is very unlikely to kill you, with significant individual and population risks.

Innumerate people who seek to force others to take such "therapies" are totalitarians, and should be resisted with violent force, if necessary.
__________________
"Allowing human beings to create unlimited money out of nothing inevitably results in the most monstrous of conspiracies."
Tippit is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2021, 02:58 PM   #269
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 22,865
Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
You're free to consume your corporate experimental gene therapy. The OP was about mandates (and testing).
You brought up all the CT nonsense and disproved rumors about the vaccine.


Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
, which is caused by sars-cov-2, has about a 1 in 385 kill rate on infection, which is skewed by the elderly and co-morbid. That means if you're young and healthy, your risks are negligible. It's known that VAERS for the sars-cov-2 EGT (experimental gene therapies) have gone unreported, so who knows what the adverse events and mortality rates are for the vaccinated.
Citation for this (ridiculous) claim needed. Again, what does the fact that the elderly and co-morbid are more likely to die have to do with anything unless you think they're dispensable.

Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
Nonsense. That was the original promise, which turned out to be a lie, given the high amount of breakthrough infections. There are some stats which show that vaccinated people actually carry even more virus, because they only produce antibodies for the spike protein, and not in response to the other antigens. Natural infection grants sterilizing immunity, which means the unvaccinated who have already been sick are your absolute lowest risk for spreading the disease.
Complete and utter rubbish. Totally debunked:

Quote:
MYTH: The CDC director said that COVID-19 vaccines fail to protect against the delta variant of the COVID-19 virus and that vaccinated individuals can be superspreaders of the virus, because they have higher viral loads than the unvaccinated.

THE FACTS: This myth originated from a July 2021 article published by Natural News, a network of more than 400 websites promoting medical and non-medical conspiracy theories.
https://www.britannica.com/list/the-...reading-online

Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
At best, vaccination may reduce severe symptoms associated with the spike protein, but it may put individuals at risk of ADE for future strains, and populations at risk because of escape mutation (which is why coronavirus vaccines never really work, nor any "vaccine" that presumes to inoculate against a highly mutagenic virus). Read about Marek's disease to see why.
I've already cited why this is absolute rubbish. The author of the study you link to is Andrew Read who calls this erroneous comparison "irresponsible":

Quote:
Read told AFP that this comparison is "irresponsible."

The study deals with chickens, not humans, and a herpes virus, not a coronavirus.

"Covid involves very different vaccines and viruses, and the biological details matter," Read said.
Stop spreading lies that are killing people.

I've rebutted your posts twice now. Prove me wrong.

Last edited by Stacyhs; 5th October 2021 at 02:59 PM.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2021, 03:14 PM   #270
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 22,865
Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
These are not rebuttals.



Some of the risks of these EGTs are known (ADE, escape mutation), and others are still unknown. On the other hand, the risks of covid infection, and specifically your risk of dying, are well known.

Only innumerate people seek to take gene therapies for a disease that is very unlikely to kill you, with significant individual and population risks.


Only ignorant people claim something is gene therapy when it is not. Covid 19 vaccines are NOT 'gene therapy'. There is very little individual or population risk by getting vaccinated, but there is from actually getting Covid. Ask the 4.55 MILLION people who have died from it. NO ONE has died from being vaccinated.

Quote:

The mRNA chains from the vaccines only last for a couple of days before they break down and the pieces are swept away by the body's normal waste disposal system.

Messenger RNA is genetic material, so in that sense, the vaccines are genetically based therapy.

But the FDA classifies them as vaccines, not gene therapy.
https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/2021...t-gene-therapy


Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
Innumerate people who seek to force others to take such "therapies" are totalitarians, and should be resisted with violent force, if necessary.
Since no one is doing that, your statement is irrelevant. I suggest you go 'resist with force' the Supreme Court which upholds the right of vaccine mandates, which is what the Covid 19 VACCINE is.

STOP SPREADING LIES THAT ARE KILLING PEOPLE.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2021, 03:53 PM   #271
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing
 
dudalb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 53,290
If you are..like I am...a 007 fanboy,and am planning on seeing "No Time To Die" when it opens in the US this weekend, stop right here:






The big Macguffin in the film is a virus superweapon that has Nanotech in it.
Not putting this in spoilers since many reviews reveal this point.
A.The COnspiracy kooks will latch on to this and
B.It actually does tell us why NTTD was the first major movie to be put on the shelf because of the COvid virus, and why it had been postponed time and time again.
__________________
Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2021, 05:00 PM   #272
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: I live in a swamp
Posts: 24,451
Originally Posted by The Traveler View Post
An interesting link for interaction.

https://vaccine-police.com/
How is it possible this **** isn't in jail? His kind shouldn't be allowed to roam free. Why didn't the police arrest him? Congress needs to make a law so it's a federal offense under 18 USC to disrupt the distribution or administration of the COVID-19 vaccines. Preventing vaccinations is preventing America from ending the pandemic and is a crime against the nation. The life and liberty or the kind of scum who would disrupt a pharmacy giving the vaccine is a sacrifice I'm willing to make.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2021, 05:04 PM   #273
turingtest
Mistral, mistral wind...
 
turingtest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Embedded and embattled, reporting from Mississippi
Posts: 5,083
Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
I hope you also noticed the email address.
__________________
I'm tired of the bombs, tired of the bullets, tired of the crazies on TV;
I'm the aviator, a dream's a dream whatever it seems
Deep Purple- "The Aviator"

Life was a short shelf that came with bookends- Stephen King
turingtest is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2021, 05:05 PM   #274
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: I live in a swamp
Posts: 24,451
Originally Posted by gypsyjackson View Post
Is that a parody website? It certainly looks like it.

The rotating logo, the dated design, the photo. Is the policeman arresting him in that shot from Vaccine Internal Affairs?

“Important letters from some important people”…the important ‘people’ being him.

Edited to add: I just noticed that his settings button actually takes you to his blog.

Donate now!
The pretend vaccine police nutjob is real. It got covered in newspapers in the UK and Business Insider. When a deer ***** in my yard, at least it adds nitrogen back to the soil. When this guy goes and takes a **** at a Walmart pharmacy, he doesn't even do that. The animal waste in my lawn is more valuable the this vaccine police moron.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2021, 06:28 PM   #275
marting
Master Poster
 
marting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,900
Remember this? Apparently the nutty osteopath's blatherings has gotten some traction.

GOP Lawmaker Pushes Insane Claim ‘Octopus-Like Creatures’ Are in Vax
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...vax/ar-AAPaUon
Quote:
New Hampshire Gov. Chris Sununu called for a state lawmaker who’s repeatedly pushed COVID-19 misinformation to be stripped from his leadership position after he blasted out an email to colleagues suggesting that the coronavirus vaccine contains a “living organism with tentacles” and darkens the eyes of newborns.
...
he report also made claims that 5G technology had somehow been inserted into the vaccine to control people’s thoughts and called the pope and others “at the top” of the Roman Catholic Church “satanists” and “luciferans” for backing public health measures. The report additionally made the wild suggestion that the babies of vaccinated parents in Mexico were “transhuman”—born with “pitch-black eyes” and undergoing accelerated aging
__________________
Flying's easy. Walking on water, now that's cool.
marting is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2021, 08:52 PM   #276
Bubba
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 6,134
Remember when crooked mechanics and doctors etc. were exposed by investigative journalists with hidden cameras ?



Hidden camera exposes Pfizer scientists discussing vaccine...


Quote:

‘I feel like I work for an evil corporation’: Pfizer scientists unwittingly spill the beans in undercover video

The video exposes Pfizer’s profit-driven, surveillance-based corporate culture. It also reveals that scientists are fully aware that natural immunity is more powerful than COVID vaccines. The various comments by the scientists were riveting.


https://www.bizpacreview.com/2021/10...video-1144256/

Last edited by Bubba; 5th October 2021 at 09:11 PM.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2021, 08:55 PM   #277
Jim_MDP
Philosopher
 
Jim_MDP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: N.Cal/S.Or
Posts: 8,588
Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Remember when crooked mechanics and doctors etc. were exposed by investigative journalists with hidden cameras ?
What... no bitchute link?
I'll wait for the novel.
__________________
----------------------
Anything goes in the Goblin hut... anything.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2021, 09:40 PM   #278
Resume
Troublesome Passenger
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 20,583
. . . Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Quote:
Claim
Project Veritas "exposed" Pfizer via a secret video of scientist Nick Karl lauding "natural immunity."

Rating
Not True

On October 4 2021, Project Veritas — an organization that releases heavily misleadingly edited far-right propaganda videos and pretends they are journalistic “stings” — claimed to “expose Pfizer” through secret videos of “Pfizer scientist Nick Karl”:

In a piece with the headline, “Pfizer Scientist: ‘Your Antibodies are Probably Better than the Vaccination,'” the organization asserted:

[NEW YORK – Oct. 4, 2021] Project Veritas released the fourth video in its COVID vaccine investigative series today which exposed three Pfizer officials saying that antibodies lead to equal, if not better, protection against the virus compared to the vaccine.

Nick Karl, a scientist who is directly involved in the production of Pfizer’s COVID vaccine, said that natural immunity is more effective than the very vaccine he works on, and Pfizer produces.

“When somebody is naturally immune — like they got COVID — they probably have more antibodies against the virus…When you actually get the virus, you’re going to start producing antibodies against multiple pieces of the virus … So, your antibodies are probably better at that point than the [COVID] vaccination,” Karl said. Notwithstanding, Karl still believes that vaccine mandates are positive for society.

The written accompaniment to Project Veritas’ video contained a flawed premise right from the beginning. In its statement that “antibodies lead to equal, if not better, protection” against COVID-19 than any vaccine, it conveniently skimmed past the part where individuals would need to survive the virus to obtain said immunity.

On Wikipedia, Project Veritas is initially described as a biased organization engaging in bad faith practices to advance falsehoods for political purposes:

Project Veritas is an American far-right activist group founded by James O’Keefe in 2010. The group produces deceptively edited videos of its undercover operations, which use secret recordings in an effort to discredit mainstream media organizations and progressive groups. Project Veritas also uses entrapment to generate bad publicity for its targets, and has propagated disinformation and conspiracy theories in its videos and operations.

Overall, eleven citations appeared in the three short sentences above, documenting the group’s well-known deceptive tactics and practices.
Project Veritas . . . Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Gulled again! Over and over and Ovah!!


The cement-headed don't comprehend they'd have to contract the virus, and survive it to acquire the immunity first. Of course, the idiots don't understand that in doing so, they may have ****** their lungs, and could very well suffer long term neurological issues, though one would be hard pressed to notice.
Originally Posted by Bubba
Remember when . . .
Your media gulled you into believing (snicker) Q? The Kraken?

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!
__________________
“One of the last things they do before they’re intubated is beg me for the vaccine. I hold their hand and tell them that I’m sorry, but it’s too late.”

Dr. Brytney Cobia
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2021, 10:25 PM   #279
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: East Coast, US
Posts: 8,405
Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Remember when crooked mechanics and doctors etc. were exposed by investigative journalists with hidden cameras ?
You still don't want to accept that Veritas is extremely dishonest and untrustworthy? Even if you don't want to accept it, you should know by now that citing that particular organization earns you only ridicule.
__________________
So sayeth the crazy little dragon.
Aridas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2021, 11:57 PM   #280
Bubba
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 6,134
cherry picker....and what % survive and carry on with natural immunity.?
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:21 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.