IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Coronavirus , Coronavirus conspiracies , diseases , medical conspiracies

Old 6th October 2021, 12:50 PM   #321
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

When somebody during a argument here brings up the death of a relative/spouse in support o fhis argument, my BS detector starts to buzz;the timing is just too convientent.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2021, 12:51 PM   #322
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
When somebody during a argument here brings up the death of a relative/spouse in support o fhis argument, my BS detector starts to buzz;the timing is just too convientent.
My uncle was killed by a BS detector. Have some sympathy.
Old 6th October 2021, 12:57 PM   #323
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Especially from something that is extremely rare.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2021, 01:00 PM   #324
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
It's probably best that we focus on shooting the messenger. Most importantly, (as if ya'all need reminding) do not even look at the Medicare and NIH data sheets, from Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Data servers, and from NIH in this presentation, brought to you by whistleblowers in government.

https://rumble.com/vn12v1-attorney-t...OeaM2mH1wOdPwo
When I yell at a dog that craps on my lawn, am I shooting the messenger? As it happens, the average dog is better at science than Renz, so maybe I should cut it some slack.
Old 6th October 2021, 01:20 PM   #325
marting
Master Poster

Repeat, do not look at the govt data sheets, cover your eyes.
Quote:
The Total number of American Citizens that died within 14 days of receiving the COVID-19 vaccine is 48,465 according to hard data revealed in the Medicare Tracking System.
Wow! only 48,465? Surprised it isn't more since around 80k Americans of medicare age die every two weeks from any arbitrary point in time including the last time they got a social security check. Apparently the atty. that thinks this is some sort of proof vaccines are killing people skipped his math classes.
Old 6th October 2021, 01:29 PM   #326
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
You do realise that with a 1.6% Infection Mortality Rate, and somewhere between 3-20% long-term Covid rate, that we all realise that most antivaxers would be OK anyway.

And that many antivaxers are actually claiming that those who are vaccinated only have months to live before the supposed bioweapon is activated and we're all killed off.

So that is actually 180-degrees out.
Example that springs to mind. I see that it's now up to ten years

https://twitter.com/Graham333888/sta...555849731?s=20

Screenshot 2021-10-06 212834.jpg

Every year since 1990 the US Public healthcare spending has been greater than the UK as a proportion of GDP. More US Tax goes to healthcare than the UK
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2021, 01:30 PM   #327
Armitage72
Philosopher

Originally Posted by marting View Post
Wow! only 48,465? Surprised it isn't more since around 80k Americans of medicare age die every two weeks from any arbitrary point in time including the last time they got a social security check. Apparently the atty. that thinks this is some sort of proof vaccines are killing people skipped his math classes.

At least it's two weeks this time. The claim going around back in July was 45,000 deaths within three days of getting the vaccine. THEY must have already killed the more susceptible people in the initial waves, so the deaths are slowing down.
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2021, 01:52 PM   #328
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Still doesn't understand correlation v causation due to being gulled by manipulative propaganda.

Dr. Brytney Cobia
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2021, 01:53 PM   #329
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

God, some people just don't know when to shut up:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...cid=uxbndlbing

Guaranteed, the Marvel Studio Depatment hates Wright's guts for creating a big headache for them.
I would bet her costars are not exactly crazy about her also.
Bad thing for her is she seems to be really invested in the Anti Vax crap, and she can't do a
i was misunderstood" back pedal on it.
And I think her charecter is NOT going to be the new Black Panther.....

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2021, 01:58 PM   #330
plague311
Great minds think...

Probably too late for that. Reports are saying the movie is half shot already. It would be a financial boondoggle to start it all over again.

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2021, 02:01 PM   #331
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
Probably too late for that. Reports are saying the movie is half shot already. It would be a financial boondoggle to start it all over again.
Realistically, I don't think her charecter was going to be the new BP..if there is one.
But I think the idea for recasting for the next film is crossing a lot of minds at Marvel.
And I suspect Kevin Feige is going to have a little talk with Wright.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 6th October 2021, 02:03 PM   #332
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

God, some people just don't know when to shut up:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...cid=uxbndlbing

Guaranteed, the Marvel Studio Depatment hates Wright's guts for creating a big headache for them.
I would bet her costars are not exactly crazy about her also.
Bad thing for her is she seems to be really invested in the Anti Vax crap, and she can't do a
i was misunderstood" back pedal on it.
From your link:

Quote:
Wright initially responded to the backlash by posting: “If you don’t conform to popular opinions. but ask questions and think for yourself….you get cancelled.”

Why is it that the anti-vaxers/anti-Covid vaccine supporters always seem to fall back on the "ask questions and think for yourself"/ "I'm not a sheep" line? That is a common sentiment among them that, imo, points to an already existing penchant for believing in conspiracy theories. It's a psychology you find in QAnon adherents and other conspiracy theorists.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2021, 02:07 PM   #333
slyjoe
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
From your link:

Why is it that the anti-vaxers/anti-Covid vaccine supporters always seem to fall back on the "ask questions and think for yourself"/ "I'm not a sheep" line? That is a common sentiment among them that, imo, points to an already existing penchant for believing in conspiracy theories. It's a psychology you find in QAnon adherents and other conspiracy theorists.
It goes way back before QAnon. I remember it from when the religious right pushed for at-home schooling and charter schools. And they are still doing it - parents know best so we should leave it in their hands. Ducey (AZ Gov.) just said that yesterday about mask mandates.

Who in the hell thinks parents are best qualified to teach their kids? Who in the hell thinks parents know best about medical treatment, or pandemic precautions?
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2021, 02:11 PM   #334
Axxman300
Philosopher

Almost six months since I got the COVID-19 vaccine. Still not dead. Just got my flu shot too.

Not being stupid is fun.
Old 6th October 2021, 02:50 PM   #335
dirtywick
Illuminator

From your link:

They also fall into the cancellation line because it’s a blanket dismissal of any criticism or consequences as simply unfair and validates their refusal of any responsibility for their own actions and decisions.
dirtywick is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2021, 02:56 PM   #336
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy

Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
Zero Hedge?

Quote:
Over time, Zero Hedge expanded into non-financial analysis, including conspiracy theories and fringe rhetoric associated with the US radical right, the alt-right, and a pro-Russian bias. Zero Hedge's non-financial commentary has led to a number of site bans by various global social media platforms, although its 2019 Facebook ban and 2020 Twitter ban were later reversed.
Hard pass.
Old 6th October 2021, 03:06 PM   #337
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Let's not forget the Q-nut adage, WWG1WGA: Where We Go 1, We Go All. They couldn't be more sheep-like.

Dr. Brytney Cobia
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2021, 03:24 PM   #338
gmanontario
Muse

Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
Almost six months since I got the COVID-19 vaccine. Still not dead. Just got my flu shot too.

Not being stupid is fun.
Me too but I have to wonder if not being stupid is fun, why are so many actively trying to be stupid? That must be fun too.

Red Green
gmanontario is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2021, 03:54 PM   #339
trustbutverify
Philosopher

My cousin's death is a cool story to you
Edited by zooterkin:  <SNIP>
Edited for rule 0 and rule 12.
?
Is this a real cousin, or a Bitcoin Billionaire best friend type of cousin?

Last edited by zooterkin; 7th October 2021 at 01:31 AM.
trustbutverify is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2021, 04:13 PM   #340
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Let's not forget the Q-nut adage, WWG1WGA: Where We Go 1, We Go All. They couldn't be more sheep-like.
That's the irony. They are the most sheep-like in that they swallow all these CT theories yet take great pride in not being sheep. They don't actually think for themselves; they just accept whatever they're being told by other CTers on CT websites.
Old 6th October 2021, 04:15 PM   #341
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Dude, get a grip. You're never right.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2021, 04:24 PM   #342
Tippit
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
You're literally a consumer of a subscription based immunity business model into perpetuity by your multi-billion dollar pharmaceutical and government masters, as the result of a lab-leaked coronavirus. Yet with only a .0026 infection fatality rate, we who do not want to be forced into consuming this "product" are the sheep. That is precious indeed.

Last edited by Tippit; 6th October 2021 at 04:28 PM.
Tippit is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2021, 04:43 PM   #343
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

You're literally a consumer of a subscription based immunity business model into perpetuity by your multi-billion dollar pharmaceutical and government masters, as the result of a lab-leaked coronavirus. Yet with only a .0026 infection fatality rate, we who do not want to be forced into consuming this "product" are the sheep. That is precious indeed.
Tippet, please take your vaccine misinformation and tin foil hat nonsense to the Conspiracy Theories forum where it belongs. You're convincing no one here with it.
Old 6th October 2021, 04:45 PM   #344
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

You're literally. . .
Nope. You are a silly CT-er, and a dangerous misinformant.
Edited by zooterkin:  <SNIP>
Edited for rule 0 and rule 12.

Dr. Brytney Cobia

Last edited by zooterkin; 7th October 2021 at 01:30 AM.
Old 6th October 2021, 05:06 PM   #345
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Where is the evidence for a lab leak? Chop, chop, make with the evidence like you've been told to do.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2021, 05:17 PM   #346
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Why you shouldn't get your medical science from faceplant or a silly CTer.
Quote:
July 19, 2021 -- There are lots of unfounded fears about the COVID-19 vaccines floating around, and one of the most pervasive is the idea that these new shots aren't really vaccines, but that they will somehow change your genes or insert themselves into the DNA of your cells.

You may see people posting on social media about the vaccines being a kind of gene therapy, and they're partly right, but in the end this idea often misses some important details about how the vaccines work. They can't change your genes, and they don't stay in your body for more than a few days.
Or.

Quote:
The Covid-19 mRNA vaccines are not gene therapy because they are not designed to alter or change your genes in any way. The U.S. National Library of Medicine (NLM) describes gene therapy as a technique that “may allow doctors to treat a disorder by inserting a gene into a patient’s cells instead of using drugs or surgery.” For example, doctors may be able to either inactivate or replace a mutated gene that isn’t functioning properly or place a new gene in your body that will do something to combat a disease.
No more derails from me. CT bull **** belongs in the CT forum where CT bull ******** can get their asses handed to them over and over and ovah!!

Dr. Brytney Cobia
Old 6th October 2021, 05:30 PM   #347
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

From your link:

It's the whole I Am Not A Sheep line that is funny,given that nobody marches in lockstep more then the Anti Vaxxers.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 6th October 2021, 06:28 PM   #348
ZiprHead
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Sure. You simply made it up.

Could it be real? Possibly, but your track record leads me to believe it is fantasy.

So actual evidence or who cares about whatever you make up.

My cousin died as a result of anal probing by aliens. Do you believe me?
Think he has a girlfriend but she lives in Canada?

IIDB is back, baby!
ZiprHead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2021, 06:28 PM   #349
Bubba
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Dude, get a grip. You're never right.

In other words I suppose, you'd agree it was accidental when they killed people with overdoses of HCQ in that published study which caused those top medical journals to retract "science" they published

IIRC it was Lancet and JAMA, retracting for the first time ever, HCQ articles published soon after HCQ was said to be effective.

Last edited by Bubba; 6th October 2021 at 06:33 PM.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2021, 06:59 PM   #350
carlitos
"más divertido"

Is there a rule of “In other words I suppose, you’d agree” because if not we could start one.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2021, 07:10 PM   #351
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by ZiprHead View Post
Think he has a girlfriend but she lives in Canada?
I dunno...but his 'cousin' doesn't live in the US
Old 6th October 2021, 07:12 PM   #352
Roger Ramjets
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Where is the evidence for a lab leak? Chop, chop, make with the evidence like you've been told to do.
Whether Covid-19 was a 'lab leak' or not is irrelevant. It's here regardless, and the origin doesn't change how we need to deal with it.

Originally Posted by Tippit
Why should I be forced to take an experimental therapy with unknown present and future risks for a disease that I have already survived?
You got Covid-19 and survived? 707,000 Americans didn't. ~10.1 million are suffering long term health issues from it. And the pandemic isn't over yet. If we were to rely totally on natural immunity those figures could easily be 10 times higher. But you would be fine with that, right? Because you survived, and you are the only person you care about.

But hey, there's still a chance karma will catch up with you...
Old 6th October 2021, 07:23 PM   #353
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Roger Ramjets View Post
Whether Covid-19 was a 'lab leak' or not is irrelevant. It's here regardless, and the origin doesn't change how we need to deal with it.

You got Covid-19 and survived? 707,000 Americans didn't. ~10.1 million are suffering long term health issues from it. And the pandemic isn't over yet. If we were to rely totally on natural immunity those figures could easily be 10 times higher. But you would be fine with that, right? Because you survived, and you are the only person you care about.

In addition, the immunity from having had original C 19 wanes more over time and may not protect against new variants like Delta. Vaccines, on the other hand, can be manipulated to protect against variants. Natural immunity can vary from person to person depending on how severe the original infection was whereas the vaccines produce a more predictable level of protection. Even those who were infected benefit from a boost in protection from the vaccine. But tell this to CTers who think they're 100% immune after having Covid.

https://www.immunology.org/coronavir...ection-vaccine
Old 6th October 2021, 08:05 PM   #354
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

In other words I suppose, you'd agree it was accidental when they killed people with overdoses of HCQ in that published study which caused those top medical journals to retract "science" they published

IIRC it was Lancet and JAMA, retracting for the first time ever, HCQ articles published soon after HCQ was said to be effective.
No, what I'd agree to is that you're just never right. Do we really need a rehash of your failings? Remember, I've ordered a throw rug from Wayfairer and got a throw rug. You're just always wrong. Your work is never good enough. Be better and then don't worry about me. Keep sucking and you're always worry about me.

Remember, I'm someone who might look at a room and think it needs a throw rug and you're not. You will never be me.

Last edited by Craig4; 6th October 2021 at 08:11 PM.
Old 6th October 2021, 09:32 PM   #355
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Just in the interest of improving the signal/noise ratio, actively removing those who pretend to be messengers when they are just liars seems to be a good idea.
Old 6th October 2021, 11:46 PM   #356
Axxman300
Philosopher

Originally Posted by gmanontario View Post
Me too but I have to wonder if not being stupid is fun, why are so many actively trying to be stupid? That must be fun too.
It's fun the way not washing your hands after going #2 is fun.
Old 7th October 2021, 02:57 AM   #357
KDLarsen
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Upchurch View Post
Zero Hedge?

Hard pass.
Even stranger, given that there are mainstream media outlets reporting the same thing. Sweden has paused its use until a reassesment in December, and Denmark will limit its use to those over the age of 18.

Denmark has taken a very cautious approach to vaccines, to the point that they stopped using both the AZ and J&J vaccines over potential sideeffects, so it's hardly surprising they're willing to limit the use of Moderna. Especially now that the major vaccine push is basically over.
KDLarsen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2021, 03:12 AM   #358
Tippit
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Roger Ramjets View Post

You would have to be a rube to believe the Covid mortality statistics. First of all, virtually every death listed with Covid carries Covid as the cause of death. In fact, hospitals are subsidized for Covid deaths, and even specifically for ventilator usage, so this behavior is incentivized. Aggregate Covid deaths also serve as the numerator for the Covid Infection Fatality Rate (IFR), so this rate is inflated as well. Second there is both a paucity of testing and reliability of Covid testing which overall deflates the denominator. The PCR tests are all but useless, especially if the cycle threshold is gamed to obtain a desired result.

This calls into question all Covid-related statistics.

As for the repugnant virtue signaling and guilt shaming, save it for yourself for the future ADE victims of the experimental gene therapy you promote.

Covid isn't nearly as deadly as everyone thinks, and it is treatable without undergoing gene therapies with unknown future risks.
Old 7th October 2021, 03:35 AM   #359
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming

What gene therapy is being used for Covid?

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint, when I ask why the poor have no food they call me a communist - Hélder Câmara
MarkCorrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2021, 03:40 AM   #360
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by MarkCorrigan View Post
What gene therapy is being used for Covid?
Well, when Mark Gene got Covid, he was given Remdesivir.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories