ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 9th November 2019, 06:48 PM   #601
jonesdave116
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Sol88 View Post

So ignorant.

See Io

That’s the giant lightning bolt that should be envisioned.

But if you want proper fair dinkum giant lightning see Earth electrical curcuit.

Get back to me when you understand... see you in a couple years....

Mmmm...jets...mmmmm....cometary jets....mmmm....cometary ionosphere....Electric breakdown....perihelion jet...
More gibberish. No science. What has the flux tube at Io got to do with comets? It is doing nothing to Io's surface, just as tail currents are doing nothing to comet nuclei. And the magnetosphere's cross-tail current is doing nothing to the surface of the Earth. We might notice that.

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
jonesdave116 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2019, 06:51 PM   #602
jonesdave116
Illuminator

See post above...

Double layers everywhere.
No there are not. And there is certainly zero possiblity of fusion happening in the chromosphere! Only an idiot (i.e. Scott) would even suggest such a thing! Gamma rays, bucko. Know what they do to delicate terrestrial beings? It ain't nice.

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
jonesdave116 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2019, 07:01 PM   #603
jonesdave116
Illuminator

Except SAFIRE have.

Tick that one off.

Nope. They have failed to show anything about the electric sun woo, have given up on it, and cannot even explain how it would work. They have now gone down the cheap energy scam route. Better con artists than that lot have tried that before.

Old 9th November 2019, 11:59 PM   #604
Lukraak_Sisser
Illuminator

Except SAFIRE have.

Tick that one off.

Wait.. wait wait..

SAFIRE have found a way to power their orb without plugging it into an external power source?
So in essence they have found a way to power things without burning any fuel?

Why are they not using that to save the world?

Or are you saying that they detected the power cord going into the sun?
Lukraak_Sisser is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 02:38 AM   #605
Sol88
Illuminator

Quote:
Why are they not using that to save the world?
Hope you do realise what they have discovered.

And I absolutely love how ignoramus are still looking for a power point to “plug” into.

Cracks me up every time.

“The 'electric comet' is physically IMPOSSIBLE to model using mainstream science! PERIOD! True story! End of story!” Indagator
Sol88 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 02:44 AM   #606
Sol88
Illuminator

Originally Posted by jonesdave116 View Post
No there are not. And there is certainly zero possiblity of fusion happening in the chromosphere! Only an idiot (i.e. Scott) would even suggest such a thing! Gamma rays, bucko. Know what they do to delicate terrestrial beings? It ain't nice.
What accelerates these fictitious gamma rays?

Tangled magnetic fields? Magnetic reconnection?

Idiot?

Are you saying that’s not how Birkeland currents work?

Why? Because you don’t understand?

Seems a cheap cop out.

“The 'electric comet' is physically IMPOSSIBLE to model using mainstream science! PERIOD! True story! End of story!” Indagator
Sol88 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 02:54 AM   #607
Sol88
Illuminator

Originally Posted by JeanTate View Post
Some questions for Sol88, on the electric comet model:

1) From which planet was the comet Tempel 1 ripped?
2) What was the other planet nearby at the time (the source of the giant lightning bolt)?
3) When did this happen?
4) What is the mass of the fulgarites left at the site of great ripping out?
5) When did Tempel 1 arrive in its present orbit?
6) How much mass has Tempel 1 lost, due to EDM, since it was created?
7) What is the electric field around Tempel 1, due to its position relative to the Sun?

So, so sad.

So so ignorant.

Good try though.

Old Yesterday, 03:53 AM   #608
Sol88
Illuminator

Originally Posted by tusenfem View Post
you still have not defined what you (and your EC friends) mean with "massive" electric currents, and how they show up in the data.
(not that I expect any sensible answer)

Quote:
Additionally, we find flux-rope-type structures in large numbers in the undisturbed plasma before and after the impact. Therefore, it seems as if flux-rope structures are a feature of the normal plasma at 67P and are not associated with the impact of an ICME in this case. A more detailed study of this is in preparation.
Unusually high magnetic fields in the coma of 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko during its high-activity phase

Flux ropes and in large numbers? Beauty!

No, Birkeland currents!

Last edited by Sol88; Yesterday at 03:55 AM.
Old Yesterday, 05:11 AM   #609
jonesdave116
Illuminator

What accelerates these fictitious gamma rays?

Tangled magnetic fields? Magnetic reconnection?

Idiot?

Are you saying that’s not how Birkeland currents work?

Why? Because you don’t understand?

Seems a cheap cop out.
Seems to me that, yet again, you haven't got a clue what you are talking about! Gamma rays are produced by fusion! They don't need to be accelerated by anything! They are photons! What accelerates the light from a light bulb when you turn it on? Dear me. You really should give up on this science lark, as you just make yourself look silly every time you try to understand it. Stick to the Velikovskian stuff.

Old Yesterday, 05:17 AM   #610
jonesdave116
Illuminator

So, so sad.

So so ignorant.

Good try though.
Translation: "I cannot answer the questions without showing that my belief system is a scientific failure. Therefore I'm going to run away. Again."

Old Yesterday, 05:21 AM   #611
Sol88
Illuminator

Seems to me that, yet again, you haven't got a clue what you are talking about! Gamma rays are produced by fusion! They don't need to be accelerated by anything! They are photons! What accelerates the light from a light bulb when you turn it on? Dear me. You really should give up on this science lark, as you just make yourself look silly every time you try to understand it. Stick to the Velikovskian stuff.
Is light a wave or a particle?

Silly jd116.

Last edited by Sol88; Yesterday at 05:23 AM.
Old Yesterday, 05:21 AM   #612
jonesdave116
Illuminator

No Birkeland currents. And you still haven't explained what you think these currents would do to explain your woo. Continually repeating, "Birkeland currents; double layers; plasma", is not a mechanism for anything. It just seems to be a required, quasi-religious incantation performed by EU wooists when they are unable to produce any science. Which is permanently.

Last edited by jonesdave116; Yesterday at 05:26 AM.
Old Yesterday, 05:27 AM   #613
jonesdave116
Illuminator

Is light a wave or a particle?

Silly jd116.
Both. However, that has nothing to do with you inserting your foot in your mouth by not even knowing that gammas are photons!

Old Yesterday, 05:31 AM   #614
Sol88
Illuminator

Translation: "I cannot answer the questions without showing that my belief system is a scientific failure. Therefore I'm going to run away. Again."

Do you know what a flux rope is, jonesdave116!

Flux ropes everywhere....
Quote:
Additionally, we find flux-rope-type structures in large numbers in the undisturbed plasma before and after the impact.
Quote:
In the high-density region, the suprathermal electron population increases significantly. This also implies that electron impact ionization is increased, but this could not be proven due to lack of data.
Unusually high magnetic fields in the coma of 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko during its high-activity phase

Oh dear....

Quote:
In the regions where the electron pressure gradient dominates a strong ambipolar electric field is present, e.g., near the outgassing cometary nucleus [43,44,49]. Here the electric field can do work and accelerate electrons parallel to the magnetic field towards the comet [Figs. 2(i) and 2(j)]. Hence, providing further evidence that the ambipolar electric field generates the suprathermal electron population close tothecomet
Building a Weakly Outgassing Comet from a Generalized Ohms law

Flux ropes(Birkeland currents), double layers, doing WORK.

Old Yesterday, 05:38 AM   #615
jonesdave116
Illuminator

Do you know what a flux rope is, jonesdave116!

Flux ropes everywhere....

Oh dear....

Building a Weakly Outgassing Comet from a Generalized Ohms law

Flux ropes(Birkeland currents), double layers, doing WORK.

More gibberish, no mechanisms. What work are they doing? How is that explaining volatile production? Show us some science.

Old Yesterday, 05:44 AM   #616
tusenfem
Master Poster

You’ve described the cross tail currents. I can understand.
do you really? Explain

You stayed the currents close at the head of the comet.
I did what now?

Do you know how far down the tail it closes?
The cross tail currents most likely close just like the Earth's cross tail currents ...

(Max Headroom)
follow me on twitter: @tusenfem, or follow Rosetta Plasma Consortium: @Rosetta_RPC
tusenfem is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 09:04 AM   #617
JeanTate
Master Poster

So, so sad.

So so ignorant.

Good try though.
I agree, it is so, so sad that after all this time you have not been able to show any evidence in support of the Electric Comet Theory (the topic of this thread).

But hope springs eternal! Maybe you can answer these questions:

1) From which planet was the comet 81P/Wild ripped?
2) What was the other planet nearby at the time (the source of the giant lightning bolt)?
3) When did this happen?
4) What is the mass of the fulgarites left at the site of great ripping out?
5) When did 81P/Wild arrive in its present orbit?
6) How much mass has 81P/Wild lost, due to EDM, since it was created?
7) What is the electric field around 81P/Wild, due to its position relative to the Sun?
JeanTate is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 09:10 AM   #618
JeanTate
Master Poster

Here's something I've been curious about for some time.

Back in 1994, I was looking at Jupiter, through my telescope. I knew, from many news reports, that pieces of the comet Shoemaker-Levy 9 were due to hit Jupiter. I now know that, in the Electric Comet Theory, such an impact will be accompanied by mighty lightning bolts, making the intergalactic Birkeland currents which power the Sun visible.

Yet I did not see any lightning bolts. Nor any filamentary Birkeland currents, across the whole sky, pointing to some far distant galaxy.

This, surely, illustrates the total failure of any electric comet model, doesn't it?
JeanTate is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 02:02 PM   #619
lauwenmark
New Blood

So, so sad.

So so ignorant.

Good try though.
Probably the most meaningful post of Sol88 in all those years - he finally admits he's totally unable to quantify anything in his EC 'theory', and considers any request to do so as "sad" and "ignorant".

Otherwise, his pattern of answers didn't change from last time I went here. It is always:
- Gratuitous personal attack;
- Random quotes of various papers, with usually out-of-context words outlined in bold;
- Random questions following a "why does the 'mainstream' model say this?" pattern;
- A smashing closing thought ("It's all EC when you look at all this!" style).

None of his posts ever contain the slightest trace of what EC is, or how one is supposed to apply it to real cases. I've never seen, il all those threads, a *single* quantified application of the EC to a physical, measured event.

Sol88, is there *any* mathematical formulation of *any* part of the EC theory that you can quote, however trivial it may be? One that is original work, and not yet another "See this paper (not written with EC in mind)" or "The mainstream is wrong" claim?
Is there a *single* such original mathematical development that you know about?
lauwenmark is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 02:28 PM   #620
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Exclamation The usual insane lies, delusions, insults, etc. addressed since 6 July 2009

The thousands of insane lies, delusions, insults, etc. since 6 July 2009 from Sol88 about his cult's electric comet and electric Sun dogma.

Sol88's usual insanity to derail from Sol88's insane religious dogma that comets are actual rock (no ices or a demented fantasy of "little ices") blasted from rocky planets by electric discharges between planets including recent times (witnessed by us!) and that these rocks discharge in a massive solar electric field. This insanely tears the rock apart and puts gas and dust into the coma and forms their insanity of jets as electrical discharges !

A weekend of Sol88's usual insane lies about mainstream science, posts and posters.
We have been telling him that plasma has electric currents and thus the plasma around comets has electric currents predicted by the mainstream science and matched by observations of comets.

What we do not detect is Sol88's cult's insanity of "massive electric currents".
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 02:29 PM   #621
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Exclamation The usual insane lies, delusions, insults, etc. addressed since 6 July 2009

Remember, we have no mechanism.
The thousands of insane lies, delusions, insults, etc. since 6 July 2009 from Sol88 about his cult's electric comet and electric Sun dogma.

Sol88's usual insanity to derail from Sol88's insane religious dogma that comets are actual rock (no ices or a demented fantasy of "little ices") blasted from rocky planets by electric discharges between planets including recent times (witnessed by us!) and that these rocks discharge in a massive solar electric field. This insanely tears the rock apart and puts gas and dust into the coma and forms their insanity of jets as electrical discharges !

Agreeing that Sol88's insane religious dogma has no mechanism !

Mainstream science does have mechanisms - solar wind, sunlight, and maybe the solar magnetic field interacting with real comets to form coma and tails and their observed properties.

Last edited by Reality Check; Yesterday at 02:33 PM.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 02:35 PM   #622
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Thumbs down The usual insane lies, delusions, insults, etc. addressed since 6 July 2009

Sol88's usual "old model" and "MHD" stupidity.
Old Yesterday, 02:38 PM   #623
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Thumbs down The usual insane lies, delusions, insults, etc. addressed since 6 July 2009

Ulysses...

Sol88's stupidly cites Ulysses which is a spacecraft that did not detect the "massive electric currents" needed by Sol88's insane religious dogma about the Sun !
Old Yesterday, 02:45 PM   #624
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Sol88's usual insanity that the Moon is a comet !
Nothing to do with Sol88's insane religious dogma. Sol88's usual insane lies about science - he quotes the presence of water ice on the Moon expected from the impact of water-bearing comets and other mechanisms
Lunar water
Quote:
Water may have been delivered to the Moon over geological timescales by the regular bombardment of water-bearing comets, asteroids and meteoroids [12] or continuously produced in situ by the hydrogen ions (protons) of the solar wind impacting oxygen-bearing minerals.[13]
Old Yesterday, 02:58 PM   #625
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Sol88's usual lies about science - gives no evidence of water ices on asteroids from the same mechanisms as the water ices we found on the Moon: "the regular bombardment of water-bearing comets, asteroids and meteoroids [12] or continuously produced in situ by the hydrogen ions (protons) of the solar wind impacting oxygen-bearing minerals.[13]"

Asteroids already have some water bearing minerals from when they formed. That is a possible mechanism for the sudden dust plumes seen on asteroid Bennu - water vapor from water bearing minerals suddenly escaping and ejecting dust. The impact of the solar wind might produce some tiny amounts of water but the issue is retaining that water. Unlike the Moon with its polar craters providing constant shadow where water can condense into ices, asteroids tend tumble erratically so that there can no such shadows.

We also have jonesdave116's 4th June 2015 post repeating a calculation done earlier for how much water the solar wind would produce. So we are looking at 9-10 orders of magnitude less protons than are necessary to account for the observed water production.
Old Yesterday, 03:01 PM   #626
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Sol88's usual insane lies about science - we measure water reproduction at comets. Sol88 believes in Sol88's insane religious dogma and is incapable of showing whether the measured water production is matched or not by the predicted water production from sublimating ices.
Old Yesterday, 03:06 PM   #627
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Sol88's usual insane lies about science. Like his demented cult, he cites an old press release and lies about it. First detection of molecular oxygen at a comet from 28 October 2015.
Quote:
ESA’s Rosetta spacecraft has made the first in situ detection of oxygen molecules outgassing from a comet, a surprising observation that suggests they were incorporated into the comet during its formation.
Back in 2015, we had a surprising observation of oxygen molecules and an explanation for their source !
  1. Sol88's next post is Sol88's and his demented cult's insane obsession with Birkeland currents citing obviously (to anyone with 2 brain cells Scott's) deluded paper: A summary of Donald Scott's EU delusions supplied from Sol88's posts.
  2. Sol88's next post is the insanity of asking questions irrelevant to Sol88's insane religious dogma.
  3. Sol88's next post is the insanity of asking questions irrelevant to Sol88's insane religious dogma.
  4. Sol88's next post is the insanity ignoring the contents of a post, Birkeland currents yet again, Don Scott insanity yet again.
    A summary of Donald Scott's EU delusions supplied from Sol88's posts.
  5. Sol88's next post is the insanity of asking questions irrelevant to Sol88's insane religious dogma.
  6. Sol88's next post is a lie that SAFIRE has made money when nothing from SAFIRE has been sold !
    Lukraak_Sisser wrote Except he seems to be unable to actually make money with science that could revolutionize everything
  7. Sol88's next post repeats the lie that SAFIRE has made money when nothing from SAFIRE has been sold ! Sol88's usual insane lie that double layers have been seen.
  8. Sol88's next post starts with the usual insults of posters.
    A deluded lie that Io's flux tube and plasma torus has anything to do with Sol88's insane religious dogma of "giant lighting bolts" between planets. A deluded lie that Earth's electrical circuit has anything to do with Sol88's insane religious dogma of "giant lighting bolts" between planets. Links to Sol88's demented cult and its insane religious dogma in yet another lying propaganda video !
  9. Sol88's next post is just irrelevant gibberish basically lying about JeanTate' post.
    JeanTate wrote Except that the giant inter-galactic current seems to have gone AWOL ... maybe it’s hiding under Scott’s bed?. This is about another (and unfortunately irrelevant to this thread) part of Sol88's demented cult's religious dogma. Back in the mid 1980's, the plasma physicist Anthony Peratt applied some plasma physics to the formation and evolution of galaxies. Peratt took an observation that some plasmoids in plasma experiments looked like galaxy images and did computer simulations that showed that some plasmoids in plasma simulations looked like what he thought galaxies structures actually were! Peratt got images of "spiral galaxies" with actual gaps between their arms (no stars). Real spiral galaxies are disks with the arms being brighter, star forming regions. He got that double lobed radio galaxies were shaped as double lobed galaxies. Around then or afterward it was found that double lobed radio galaxies are mostly elliptical galaxies with relativistic jets creating the lobes. Peratt coauthored a paper that implied his simulations were wrong - plug in typical values in his equation and gravity is 7 OOM more significant that plasma effects. Peratt has not published on his simulations in maybe 20 years and did not run then again with improved software and hardware.
  10. Sol88's next post is irrelevant gibberish.
  11. Sol88's next post is the insanity of more irrelevant questions lying about jonesdave116's post.
    No there are not. And there is certainly zero possiblity of fusion happening in the chromosphere! Only an idiot (i.e. Scott) would even suggest such a thing! Gamma rays, bucko. Know what they do to delicate terrestrial beings? It ain't nice
    This is clearly Sol88's demented cult's actual insanity of fusion happening in the chromosphere (ditto insanity for the photosphere). Fusion produces distinctive gamma rays. We do not detect these distinctive gamma rays ! There is an argument that the flux of these distinctive gamma rays would fry the Earth.
  12. Sol88's next post is insane incredibility and ignorance about textbook physics (flux ropes, etc.). Sol88's insane lies about science - flux tubes are not Birkeland currents.
  13. Sol88's next post is insane ignorance of fusion and an insane question about irrelevant textbook physics. Sol88's usual lies about posts.
    jonesdave116's wrote Seems to me that, yet again, you haven't got a clue what you are talking about! Gamma rays are produced by fusion!
  14. Sol88's next post is Sol88's usual insane lies about Birkeland currents, double layers, etc.

Last edited by Reality Check; Yesterday at 04:02 PM.
Old Yesterday, 06:08 PM   #628
Sol88
Illuminator

Originally Posted by lauwenmark View Post
Probably the most meaningful post of Sol88 in all those years - he finally admits he's totally unable to quantify anything in his EC 'theory', and considers any request to do so as "sad" and "ignorant".

Otherwise, his pattern of answers didn't change from last time I went here. It is always:
- Gratuitous personal attack;
- Random quotes of various papers, with usually out-of-context words outlined in bold;
- Random questions following a "why does the 'mainstream' model say this?" pattern;
- A smashing closing thought ("It's all EC when you look at all this!" style).

None of his posts ever contain the slightest trace of what EC is, or how one is supposed to apply it to real cases. I've never seen, il all those threads, a *single* quantified application of the EC to a physical, measured event.

Sol88, is there *any* mathematical formulation of *any* part of the EC theory that you can quote, however trivial it may be? One that is original work, and not yet another "See this paper (not written with EC in mind)" or "The mainstream is wrong" claim?
Is there a *single* such original mathematical development that you know about?
You seem, like others, that I’m here in this thread to “prove” the electric comet.

As as I know, mainstream can’t even prove the dirtyicysnowymuddball model, using real proper science, maths and all.

So....

I’m patient.

Mathematics, that’s your proof?

Old Yesterday, 06:50 PM   #629
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Sol88's actually tells the truth for once ! Sol88 is not here to defend Sol88's insane religious dogma. 10 years of Sol88's posts shows that Sol88 is here to further drag his cult into the mud. He is here to
  • Lie about mainstream science.
  • Lie about Sol88's insane religious dogma.
  • Insult astronomers by saying they are stupid enough to support Sol88's insane religious dogma.
  • Demonstrate and record forever Sol88's abysmal ignorance of high school level physics and even the ability to understand Wikipedia.
  • Waste posters time by asking ignorant, irrelevant questions.
  • "Troll" by asking the same ignorant, irrelevant questions again and again of every poster. It would be actual trolling if it was not pathetically obvious what Sol88 is doing.
Old Yesterday, 07:03 PM   #630
Sol88
Illuminator

sol88, again repeats the lie that comes are mostly rock,dirt, refractory material with little to no ice.

and

again we here squeals that A'Hearn, Patzold and Skorov are wrong and whipple is correct. albeit highly modified to some low percentage of ice hidden deep under a highly insulating cover of consolidated "dust".

Old Yesterday, 07:15 PM   #631
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

An insane "mainstream can’t even prove the dirtyicysnowymuddball model, using real proper science, maths and all" lie.
An imaginary "dirtyicysnowymuddball " model. Sol88 has been citing papers on the mainstream model of ices and dust comets with the proper science, mathematics and empirical evidence since 6 July 2009 !
Old Yesterday, 07:16 PM   #632
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Sol88 usual insane lies about posts and posters.
We are stating basic real world facts. All models are modified as new data comes in. Whipple's model from the 1950's has been modified for 70 years!
A'Hearn's opinion that ices and dust comets are evolving toward being treated as more dust than ices is not wrong - yet. The real world will show if A'Hearn was wrong or right. If we get a lot more data on comets and the majority of then are more dust than ices then A'Hearn was right. Otherwise A'Hearn was wrong.

Sol88's usual insanity of no sources for Patzold and Skorov.

Sol88's insane delusion of a "highly insulating cover" of dust pops up again.

Last edited by Reality Check; Yesterday at 07:29 PM.
Old Today, 12:31 AM   #633
steenkh
Philosopher

No your model has way over estimated the total water production.

Pissy little dribble just like at Ceres, Bennu and the moon.
You did not read what I wrote. I asked you to explain why the Moon has not tail, or why asteroids coming closer to the Sun than tail-exhibiting comets, do not have a tail.

You have pointed to the mechanisms. Now explain why they only produce "pissy little dribbles".

--
Jack of all trades - master of none!
steenkh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 06:32 AM   #634
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Still waiting for your answer to my question, Sol:

I'm asking you in what way does this water generation prove your general theory. And while you're at it, why and how does it make the "mostly icy comet" theory incorrect?
Still waiting for your answer, Sol.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 08:23 AM   #635
JeanTate
Master Poster

Go read up, then get back to us.

You could start here...Birkeland currents
I have a question about this, for Sol88 (please, tusenfem, RC, jd16, et al. do NOT try to answer it; my question is for Sol88 alone).

My question is about equation (44).

I do not understand it well, but it seems to me to imply that the giant intergalactic Birkeland currents which power the Sun (per SAFIRE, a key topic of this thread) should be emitting extraordinary quantities of electromagnetic radiation, from gamma rays to x-rays to UV to IR to microwaves to radio.

Yet we clearly do not see anything like this in the sky, even on the darkest of nights.

Can you please explain this apparent inconsistency?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology