ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , Andrew McCabe , donald trump , George Papadopoulos , Michael Cohen , Paul Manafort , Robert Mueller , Trump controversies , Trump-Russia connections

Old Yesterday, 09:54 PM   #1561
smartcooky
Philosopher

Originally Posted by varwoche View Post
Bizarre. Given his outspoken defense of Trump -- inexplicable to me, but INAL -- it's interesting to see the extent to which he's disconnected from reality, paranoid, and lightning quick to play the anti-semite card. What a tool.
Not surprising coming from Alan Douchewitz
As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
- Henry Louis Mencken - Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 09:58 PM   #1562
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by I Am The Scum View Post
Really weird twitter thread regarding a guy conversing with Alan Dershowitz, who doesn't seem to know what he's talking about. At some point, the race card gets thrown out. By whom? You'll have to see for yourself!
Interesting thread. But it doesn't surprise me one bit. Dershowitz is a prostitute and it has nothing to with his religion. I can think of more than a few WASPs that act the same way. Trump, Flynn, Manafort and others.

I have to wonder if Dershowitz was really thinking the person was truly anti-semitic or that he could hide behind that as people tend to be sensitive about discrimination.
Old Today, 12:15 AM   #1563
smartcooky
Philosopher

Anyone who thinks Flynn was just a good guy who was tricked into lying to Federal Investigators, and is only guilty of falling into a perjury trap damned well needs to watch tonight's Rachel Maddow Show. She reveals the indictment against Flynn's business partner,

Flynn was in this scheme up to his neck, and sold his country down the river for money. What a scumbag!

Worse yet, several high ranking officials (Trump, Pence, Priebus etc) knew exactly what Flynn was doing, knew that he was in the employ of the Turkish Government; knew that he was compromised by the Kremlin, and yet still appointed him National Security Advisor..... and if you thought it couldn't get any worse, there's more. Flynn's business partner (also in the employ of a foreign government) was on the Trump transition team, and was primarily responsible for assessing Mike Pompeo for the position of head of the CIA!!!

I mean, what the actual ****!!!

This is a link to the video from TRMS.

Its 27 minutes long, so as usual, those with short attention spans should avoid.

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/...-1400676931540
As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 12:19 AM   #1564
BadBoy
Graduate Poster

CNN
Old Today, 12:25 AM   #1565
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

Worse thing to happen to Trump was for him to win the Presidency. He may have lived his life free of consequences for his life of crime if he was never President.
All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power & profit - Thomas Paine
thaiboxerken is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 12:39 AM   #1566
Matthew Best
Philosopher

Originally Posted by thaiboxerken View Post
Worse thing to happen to Trump was for him to win the Presidency. He may have lived his life free of consequences for his life of crime if he was never President.
Matthew Best is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 12:46 AM   #1567
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Reports are out that Russia used social media to undermine the credibility of the Mueller investigation in the public eye.
So critics might want to double check that they didn't get their intel from Russian trolls
Old Today, 12:58 AM   #1568
smartcooky
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Matthew Best View Post

Jeff didn't get that right... he should have said "...radioactive narcissistic orange bastard"
Old Today, 01:00 AM   #1569
smartcooky
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
Reports are out that Russia used social media to undermine the credibility of the Mueller investigation in the public eye.
So critics might want to double check that they didn't get their intel from Russian trolls
I'm beginning to suspect that some of us actually do!!
Old Today, 01:00 AM   #1570
WilliamSeger
Illuminator

Originally Posted by BadBoy View Post
A Complete Guide to All 17 (Known) Trump and Russia Investigations

Originally Posted by Wired
While popular memory today remembers Watergate as five DNC burglars leading inexorably to Richard Nixon’s resignation two years later, history recalls that the case and special prosecutor’s investigation at the time were much broader; ultimately 69 people were charged as part of the investigation, 48 of whom pleaded guilty or were found guilty at trial.

After three weeks of back-to-back-to-back-to-back bombshells by federal prosecutors and special counsel Robert Mueller, it’s increasingly clear that, as 2018 winds down, Donald Trump faces a legal assault unlike anything previously seen by any president—at least 17 distinct court cases stemming from at least seven different sets of prosecutors and investigators. (That total does not count any congressional inquiries, nor does it include any other inquiries into other administration officials unrelated to Russia.)

While the media has long short-handed Mueller’s probe as the “Russia investigation,” a comprehensive review of the cases unfolding around the president and the question of Russian influence in the 2016 campaign harkens back to another lesson of Watergate: Deep Throat’s dictum, “Follow the money.”
Old Today, 01:42 AM   #1571
WilliamSeger
Illuminator

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Of course I read it.

I posted facts.

Not sure how that makes me the bad guy.
You also posted slanderous accusations and insinuations based on faulty logic applied to incomplete facts, and then it turned out that your major "fact" was simply wrong. As this slow-motion train-wreck continues, trumpers are actually very fortunate to be completely shameless.
Old Today, 02:43 AM   #1572
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Of course I read it.

I posted facts.
The kind of thing you've been doing over the last couple of days is exactly what Popehat describes as "****muppetting around the place playing pretend lawyer". You should take his advice and stop doing it.
Old Today, 02:46 AM   #1573
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Anyone who thinks Flynn was just a good guy who was tricked into lying to Federal Investigators, and is only guilty of falling into a perjury trap damned well needs to watch tonight's Rachel Maddow Show. She reveals the indictment against Flynn's business partner,

Flynn was in this scheme up to his neck, and sold his country down the river for money. What a scumbag!

Worse yet, several high ranking officials (Trump, Pence, Priebus etc) knew exactly what Flynn was doing, knew that he was in the employ of the Turkish Government; knew that he was compromised by the Kremlin, and yet still appointed him National Security Advisor..... and if you thought it couldn't get any worse, there's more. Flynn's business partner (also in the employ of a foreign government) was on the Trump transition team, and was primarily responsible for assessing Mike Pompeo for the position of head of the CIA!!!

I mean, what the actual ****!!!

This is a link to the video from TRMS.

Its 27 minutes long, so as usual, those with short attention spans should avoid.

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/...-1400676931540

I have seen current affairs and investigative jounalism shows that still manage to tell the story withouth all the histrionics.
For if a man pretend to me that God hath spoken to him supernaturally, and immediately, and I make doubt of it, I cannot easily perceive what argument he can produce to oblige me to believe it. Hobbes
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 02:59 AM   #1574
smartcooky
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
The kind of thing you've been doing over the last couple of days is exactly what Popehat describes as "****muppetting around the place playing pretend lawyer". You should take his advice and stop doing it.
Not only that, his judgement of character is completely ******-up. He holds up Mike Flynn as a hero, duped into lying by the eebil FBI Deep State Lackeys, while also having the sheer gall to slander and besmirch the good name of a real, actual, bonfide, life-long Republican and decorated war hero.

The reality is that Flynn is a scumbag, who sold out his country for money, while Mueller is a man of honour and dignity (words that do not appear in the Trump Sycophant's vocabulary). The only reason Flynn is unlikely to be sentenced to a long time behind bars is because he was smart enough to understand that he was caught, and there was no way out but to get in early and co-operate to the fullest extent possible. Its the old Police adage, the first to make a deal gets the best deal.
Old Today, 03:04 AM   #1575
smartcooky
Philosopher

Originally Posted by a_unique_person View Post
I have seen current affairs and investigative jounalism shows that still manage to tell the story withouth all the histrionics.
What you call "histrionics" I call entertaining presentation.

I happen to like Maddow's style of news story telling....a far more pleasant listen than Carlson, Hannity or any of the other lying & bigoted twerps over at Faux News.... you mentioned histrionics?
Old Today, 03:31 AM   #1576
WilliamSeger
Illuminator

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
What you call "histrionics" I call entertaining presentation.

I happen to like Maddow's style of news story telling....a far more pleasant listen than Carlson, Hannity or any of the other lying & bigoted twerps over at Faux News.... you mentioned histrionics?
I believe Maddow's "histrionics" are driven by genuine enthusiasm for her job. Maybe it's the same with Carlson and Hannity, but their job is turd polishing, not informing.
Old Today, 04:14 AM   #1577
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped

Originally Posted by WilliamSeger View Post
I believe Maddow's "histrionics" are driven by genuine enthusiasm for her job. Maybe it's the same with Carlson and Hannity, but their job is turd polishing, not informing.
She is explaining a bizarro world and has not been drawn into seeing and portaying the outrageous as normal. She cant believe the antics of this moron and doesn’t hide it.
Old Today, 04:47 AM   #1578
smartcooky
Philosopher

She is also painstakingly thorough and her reporting is extremely well researched. When she makes a mistake (which is rare) she owns up, and unconditionally retracts, unlike our local trump sycophants, and unlike Faux News, who actually allowed a correspondent to state that the so-called migrant caravan was bringing leprosy and smallpox to the US. Despite it being pointed out to them that not one of the caravan's members had been diagnosed with leprosy, and that smallpox is an eradicated disease that has not seen a case in over 40 years, they never, ever retracted that lie.
Old Today, 05:08 AM   #1579
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Judge Andrew Napolitano, right-wing whack job and and Trump shill, on Fox yesterday.

Originally Posted by Napolitano
There is ample evidence to indict the President
link
He speculates Trump might already be indicted, under seal. He says that's a proper procedure even as part of the Justice Dept's policy not to indict a sitting POTUS.

At least some of the rats realize the water is rising and the ship is listing.
Old Today, 05:26 AM   #1580
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

I recommend not falling into a tone troll trap.
Old Today, 05:41 AM   #1581
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by a_unique_person View Post
Histrionics? She teases her stories a bit too much for my taste, but provides the most comprehensive news show on tv.
Old Today, 05:48 AM   #1582
Fast Eddie B
Philosopher

I look forward to her shows.

Though missing the visuals, the podcast version is how I most often get the show. It flows a lot better without commercials.

For the most part, I enjoy her snark, and the forthrightness with which her mistakes are acknowledged and corrected. She’s often reporting on news that’s broken right before, or even during her show, so it’s understandable that mistakes get made.

She apologizes for her acting chops when reading court transcripts, but I find those segments particularly engaging.
Old Today, 06:16 AM   #1583
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Histrionics? She teases her stories a bit too much for my taste, but provides the most comprehensive news show on tv.
She has done some outstanding reporting. But the way she teases stories makes me want to throw objects at the tv. Phiwum summed her up nicely somewhere recently ... she tells us something is strange/bizarre/whatever repeatedly before we even know what she's talking about. Still, I watch.
Old Today, 06:47 AM   #1584
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Biggest outrage yet in the long, winding and highly conflicted Mueller Witch Hunt is the fact that 19,000 demanded Text messages between Peter Strzok and his FBI lover, Lisa Page, were purposely & illegally deleted. Would have explained whole Hoax, which is now under protest!

Good luck today in court to General Michael Flynn. Will be interesting to see what he has to say, despite tremendous pressure being put on him, about Russian Collusion in our great and, obviously, highly successful political campaign. There was no Collusion!

Russia Dossier reporter now doubts dopey Christopher Steele’s claims! “When you get into the details of the Steele Dossier, the specific allegations, we have not seen the evidence to support them. There’s good grounds to think that some of the more sensational allegations.....

...WILL NEVER BE PROVEN AND ARE LIKELY FALSE.” Thank you to Michael Isikoff, Yahoo, for honesty. What this means is that the FISA WARRANTS and the whole Russian Witch Hunt is a Fraud and a Hoax which should be ended immediately. Also, it was paid for by Crooked Hillary & DNC!

Michael Isikoff was the first to report Dossier allegations and now seriously doubts the Dossier claims. The whole Russian Collusion thing was a HOAX, but who is going to restore the good name of so many people whose reputations have been destroyed?
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 06:52 AM   #1585
plague311
Great minds think...

Jesus, that guy just reeks of desperation.

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 06:57 AM   #1586
The Shrike
Illuminator

Does the final tweet indicate when he's finally passed the turd he's working on?
The Shrike is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 06:59 AM   #1587
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

Not one allegation was proven false and much evidence has come about supporting parts of the Steele Dossier. Isikoff's opinion doesn't really hold much value in the face of facts.
All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power & profit - Thomas Paine
thaiboxerken is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 07:08 AM   #1588
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

The peepee tape is real, isn’t it?
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics