IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 5th February 2017, 10:04 PM   #641
caveman1917
Philosopher

Originally Posted by MostlyDead View Post
According to your cite. There are others.
Feel free to provide these other cites.

Quote:
None are specific to the West Coast U.S.A. hommies at question in the OP. The century-old European history does not really apply to the current American practice of anarchism and use of the Bloc.
So say you.

Quote:
The Urban Dictionary definitions did. Did you read them?
The ones about how antifa are traitors for not standing up to anti-white racism? How exactly were these relevant again?

Quote:
Nope. We have anti-establishment anarchists that just want to watch the world burn, though.
And? We have them here too, the CCF just recently took responsibility for 6 arson attacks for example:

Originally Posted by CCF
We claim responsibility for the 6 following arson attacks.

– A bank at Petralona a few streetss next to the consumer neighborhood of Gazi.
– The security agency FALCON at the main and busy Kifisias Avenue, which is being advertised by the journalistic trash of the television.
– A post office Savings Bank at the seemingly police state Aleksandra’s Avenue.
– 3 diplomatic corps vehicles

Cities are history‘s theatre. They are the places where life performs disciplined social roles, played by law abiding citizens or happy slaves in the reflection of digital communication displays’ and storefronts of consumption, while walking predetermined paths from wage-slavery to paid entertainment. Each move we make is controlled by the vigilant eyes of thousands of cameras on the streets, roadblocks by uniformed police and cops’ motor patrols.

In the current conditions of economic crisis, the only currency with a constant value is the currency of fear in the hands of authority. The fear that nothing can change, that we are few and that prison is lurking for those who dare to question authority’s orders. However life is running fast and cannot wait for those who are afraid to live. LOOK FEAR IN THE FACE AND FEAR WILL FLINCH AND LEAVE.

We must turn the cities into battlefields and the nights into our allies in urban guerilla surprise attacks. We must lay mines of fire in all the symbols of this world that keeps us imprisoned. We know that burning a bank or setting an official state car on fire is not sufficient; however the real power of illegal anarchist actions is that they are like spare keys. Spare keys that release people’s strength of rebellion, the strength to strike authority and live dangerously free. This is why we create small militant groups ready for action, here and now. We can’t wait for the soulless crowd; we can’t seek after proletarians that are asking only for a better salary. We are not shepherds for the masses of people to follow, nor are we gravediggers for those who have buried their lives into silence.

{...}
So you're claiming that antifa in the US is primarily such anarchists? Then it seems that either you don't have a lot of antifa in the US, or your cities should be pretty much constantly burning, or you're talking out of your behind. I'm going to go with the latter here.

Originally Posted by MostlyDead
Observation.
Again, so say you.

Last edited by caveman1917; 5th February 2017 at 10:48 PM.
caveman1917 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2017, 10:57 PM   #642
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by caveman1917 View Post
Feel free to provide these other cites.
Why? The Euro citations you bring up have nothing to do with the U.S. Do you have anything to support your assertion that the Oakland crew is in any way affiliated with the groups and philosophies you cite? Cough 'em up, it is not up to me to support your claims.

Quote:
So say you.
Indeed. Much as you assert that articles from the last century and a different continent are relevant to the OP. My observations are at least continent and culture specific.

Quote:
The ones about how antifa are traitors for not standing up to anti-white racism? How exactly were these relevant again?
You seriously didn't read them.

Quote:
And? We have them here too, the CCF just recently took responsibility for 6 arson attacks for example:

So you're claiming that antifa in the US is primarily such anarchists?
ETA for your edit: No one except you claims that antifa must be burning all the time. They are just as their name implies: anti-fascists. That doesn't mean, as your edit suggests, that cities have to be burning all the time for them to exist. C'mon, dude. Getting silly now.

Of course not. Anarchists in the U.S. don't typically make press releases. Read carefully: they **** **** up. That's what they do, often employing a Bloc as a tactic. They do not rationalize or make up alternate definitions for what they are doing.

Better question: you assume that American anarchists have the same philosophy and motivation as Europeans. Why?

Quote:
Again, so say you.
You asked, I answered honestly. Observation and experience. You expect me to cite the website publications of the Oakland Black Bloc? Hint: (they don't have one)

Last edited by Thermal; 5th February 2017 at 11:07 PM.
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2017, 11:21 PM   #643
caveman1917
Philosopher

Originally Posted by MostlyDead View Post
Why? The Euro citations you bring up have nothing to do with the U.S. Do you have anything to support your assertion that the Oakland crew is in any way affiliated with the groups and philosophies you cite? Cough 'em up, it is not up to me to support your claims.
My claims have been sufficiently supported. You have so far made unsupported assertions about some purported "America is special" kind of thing in relation to antifa.

Quote:
Indeed. Much as you assert that articles from the last century and a different continent are relevant to the OP. My observations are at least continent and culture specific.
Or you're talking out of your behind, obviously.

Quote:
ETA for your edit: No one except you claims that antifa must be burning all the time. They are just as their name implies: anti-fascists. That doesn't mean, as your edit suggests, that cities have to be burning all the time for them to exist. C'mon, dude. Getting silly now.

Of course not.
Good, then we can put your appeals to "anarchists who want to watch the world burn" in relation to antifa at rest.

Quote:
Anarchists in the U.S. don't typically make press releases.
And? Neither do they in most places. You're really full of this American exceptionalism.

Quote:
Read carefully: they **** **** up. That's what they do, often employing a Bloc as a tactic. They do not rationalize or make up alternate definitions for what they are doing.
Again, so say you.

Quote:
Better question: you assume that American anarchists have the same philosophy and motivation as Europeans. Why?
By being at least somewhat familiar with it, as opposed to you apparently.

Quote:
You asked, I answered honestly.
Honesty combined with ignorance is still useless.

Quote:
Observation and experience. You expect me to cite the website publications of the Oakland Black Bloc? Hint: (they don't have one)
That's because there's no such thing as "the Oakland Black Bloc". A black bloc is a tactic and not a group. Furthermore, publications by anarchists in Oakland are only a google search away, as are anarchist publications on black blocs in the US.

Anyway, if you think the characterization of antifa as left-wing is wrong, feel free to refute it.

Last edited by caveman1917; 5th February 2017 at 11:25 PM.
caveman1917 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2017, 11:47 PM   #644
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

{Irrelevancies snipped}

Originally Posted by caveman1917 View Post
My claims have been sufficiently supported. You have so far made unsupported assertions about some purported "America is special" kind of thing in relation to antifa.
Your bald assertion is to claim the Oakland crew is politically aligned with European anarcho-whatever. You provide exactly ZERO support for this, except for similar fashion tastes. Again, what is your support that the Oakland crew has any of the political or philosophical views you repeatedly claim?

Quote:
Anyway, if you think the characterization of antifa as left-wing is wrong, feel free to refute it.
Already done. Antifa = anti-fascist. Anti-fascist = opposed to fascism. That does not demend that they are left-wing, just that they are against the ultra-right. A Libertarian or apolitical anarchist can easily be against fascists without identifying with the left.
Old 6th February 2017, 01:38 AM   #645
Sherkeu
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
Did the police manage to arrest any of the Berkeley protesters dressed in ninja outfits?
Seems they arrested just one person - for refusing to leave the area after dispersal. Not likely one of the antifa 'ninjas' since they try to scatter and blend.

An obvious question I would add:

Why is their presence tolerated? If so many protests are 'ruined' by the illegal actions of these antifa groups, why don't the real protesters protest THEM?? Tell them they are not welcome. Block their entrance. Swipe their masks. Surely they are obvious when they show up- signs and flags waving 'anarchists are here'. They are practically in uniforms.

In various videos the all-black-clad masked group members seem to go about the business of shoving people (and their cameras) aside, smashing windows, spray painting, setting fires, and all kinds of noisy vandalism - without interference. Many incidents now caused by different groups but with the same MO.

If they cannot be prevented from entering a protest area by other protesters, can't the police hit them with a luminous paint as they destroy things so they can be identified? If the all-black identifies them but also hides them, then why not take that tactic away and color them up into a walking rave party?
Wouldn't marking individuals be better than tear gas or rubber bullets that can affect the entire crowd?

There must be something I am missing that enables them to keep doing it. If I can think of a possible security tactic in a few minutes, there must be many other ones. Ones they don't seem to be using.
Sherkeu is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2017, 02:02 AM   #646
uke2se
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Puppycow View Post
Good grief.

First of all, I'll point out that I don't listen to either of them. I don't really know first-hand what their views are other than some second-hand information that gets reported in articles about them.

But first someone has to listen to them to even know that they shouldn't be listened to in the first place. And I am a skeptic, I do my own thinking, reach my own conclusions. I'm not going to take someone else's word for it because I prefer to think for myself. I should not be "pressured and harassed" for exercising my constitutional rights. Protesting is legitimate, "pressuring and harassing" is not, unless you also concede that they should have the right to "pressure and harass" you back. Do you concede that allies of Milo should be allowed to "pressure and harass" people?
Sure, bring it on. Lively discussion on the virtues of neo-Nazism in the public space would make it easier to see who's who.

Do you concede that they should be allowed to "punch in the face" people they don't like?
If they are Nazis, yes.

"If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. " Karl Popper, The Open Society and Its Enemies Vol. 1
uke2se is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2017, 02:33 AM   #647
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by uke2se View Post
Sure, bring it on. Lively discussion on the virtues of neo-Nazism in the public space would make it easier to see who's who.
So I did a little looking to find out more about these people, and found this (from The Stranger, I think it would be fair to call the a left-leaning site):

RETRACTION: Milo Yiannopoulos Is Not a White Nationalist

Yiannopoulos I see as a troll who tries to provoke "the left" by saying things that are calculated to make (lefty) people angry. He's a lot like Ann Coulter that way.

Spencer really is a hardcore racist. He can barely conceal (or barely tries to conceal) his hard-on for Hitler.

Quote:
If they are Nazis, yes.
Who gets to decide and where does one draw the line though. If this sort of thing is tolerated, it legitimizes the crackdown. It ultimately makes things worse for everyone. It may make you feel good, but to quote Nietzsche:

Quote:
“Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster... for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you.”
Old 6th February 2017, 02:56 AM   #648
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Sherkeu View Post
There must be something I am missing that enables them to keep doing it. If I can think of a possible security tactic in a few minutes, there must be many other ones. Ones they don't seem to be using.
Fear of violence/injury.
1. He'd never do that. 2. Okay but he's not currently doing it. 3. Okay but he's not currently technically doing it. 4. Okay but everyone does it. 5. He's doing it, we can't stop him, no point in complaining about it. 6. We all knew he was going to do it which... makes it okay somehow. 7. It's perfectly fine that's he's doing it.
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2017, 03:33 AM   #649
uke2se
Penultimate Amazing

So I did a little looking to find out more about these people, and found this (from The Stranger, I think it would be fair to call the a left-leaning site):

RETRACTION: Milo Yiannopoulos Is Not a White Nationalist

Yiannopoulos I see as a troll who tries to provoke "the left" by saying things that are calculated to make (lefty) people angry. He's a lot like Ann Coulter that way.

Spencer really is a hardcore racist. He can barely conceal (or barely tries to conceal) his hard-on for Hitler.
Yiannopolous is a stooge for racists and White supremacists. As such, he's the enemy.

Who gets to decide and where does one draw the line though. If this sort of thing is tolerated, it legitimizes the crackdown. It ultimately makes things worse for everyone. It may make you feel good, but to quote Nietzsche:
Anyone who gets caught after assaulting another person, Nazi or not, should stand before a court and answer for his crime.

At the same time, I believe it's morally right to punch any Nazi you can find. If you need help determining who's a Nazi and not, you should ask an adult.

"If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. " Karl Popper, The Open Society and Its Enemies Vol. 1
uke2se is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2017, 05:32 AM   #650
Belz...
Fiend God

Yiannopolous is a stooge for racists and White supremacists. As such, he's the enemy.
To the gas chambers!

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2017, 05:33 AM   #651
uke2se
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Argumemnon View Post
To the gas chambers!
A fist to the face works better.

Old 6th February 2017, 05:42 AM   #652
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
I feel like if you haven't been following the conversation so far, it's either because you can't or do you don't want to. Either way, I don't see how making the effort would be at all rewarding to me.
How very evasive. It would have taken fewer words to just answer the question. I'm left with the distinct impression that you're unable to answer because you're foisting BS.

Here again are your words:
Originally Posted by theprestige
I'm talking about people who responded peacefully to Obama's deportation raids a year ago, responded peacefully to several different supporters of Obama's policy who spoke in defense of that policy, and who responded violently to Milo.
It's a simple question. I'm not asking for an essay. Who are these people you refer to?

Last edited by varwoche; 6th February 2017 at 05:44 AM.
varwoche is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2017, 05:45 AM   #653
Giz
Philosopher

To the gas chambers!
It's amazing isn't it?

People are so worried about the return of political violence that they will sink into that mud first.

So worried about the erosion of democracy that they will try and figure out how to have a coup.

It makes me hope that this site reflects the more irrational folks in the population... Because this level of civic immaturity is terrible. "We can't afford to give our enemies due process, rights are being eroded!"
Giz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2017, 05:46 AM   #654
Belz...
Fiend God

A fist to the face works better.
I'm curious: what exactly do you think this would accomplish? If Milo's a troll, and he certainly is to a good degree, do you think this sort of attention wouldn't play exactly into his hands? He'd get publicity, a platform to claim -- with reason -- that violence is used to silence him, etc. You'd be helping him. Hell, even your rhetoric here ("a stooge for white supremacists", "he is the enemy") marks you as every bit as extreme and partisan as those you despise.

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2017, 05:49 AM   #655
uke2se
Penultimate Amazing

I'm curious: what exactly do you think this would accomplish? If Milo's a troll, and he certainly is to a good degree, do you think this sort of attention wouldn't play exactly into his hands? He'd get publicity, a platform to claim -- with reason -- that violence is used to silence him, etc. You'd be helping him. Hell, even your rhetoric here ("a stooge for white supremacists", "he is the enemy") marks you as every bit as extreme and partisan as those you despise.
He has a platform. He has publicity. He's even got a book deal. If people want to punch him in the face for his bigotry, I have no problem with it.

Old 6th February 2017, 05:52 AM   #656
uke2se
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Giz View Post
It's amazing isn't it?

People are so worried about the return of political violence that they will sink into that mud first.

So worried about the erosion of democracy that they will try and figure out how to have a coup.

It makes me hope that this site reflects the more irrational folks in the population... Because this level of civic immaturity is terrible. "We can't afford to give our enemies due process, rights are being eroded!"
Violence is a-ok when directed against anti-democratic bigots. Hell, the US has a long history of such violence.

Old 6th February 2017, 06:00 AM   #657
Giz
Philosopher

Violence is a-ok when directed against anti-democratic bigots. Hell, the US has a long history of such violence.
Violence is acceptable when in imminent personal danger. Otherwise, free speech and the law should be your weapons.

This is basic civic morality.
Giz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2017, 06:04 AM   #658
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

At the same time, I believe it's morally right to punch any Nazi you can find. If you need help determining who's a Nazi and not, you should ask an adult.
Sanctimony and condescension do not a rational argument make. Highly unimpressive.
Old 6th February 2017, 06:05 AM   #659
Belz...
Fiend God

He has a platform. He has publicity. He's even got a book deal. If people want to punch him in the face for his bigotry, I have no problem with it.
Remember when Spencer was punched and I thought it was funny? Yeah, it doesn't mean I think it's ok and that it should be legal.

If you can't stand freedom of speech, you could always move to a country where they don't have that problem.

Old 6th February 2017, 06:06 AM   #660
uke2se
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Giz View Post
Violence is acceptable when in imminent personal danger. Otherwise, free speech and the law should be your weapons.

This is basic civic morality.
Free speech works until your rights start to be taken away. As a rightist you should understand this.

People are feeling (the same as factually knowing in the current society) that their rights are about to be taken away. Thus, they punch Nazis. I have no problem with it.

Old 6th February 2017, 06:07 AM   #661
uke2se
Penultimate Amazing

Remember when Spencer was punched and I thought it was funny? Yeah, it doesn't mean I think it's ok and that it should be legal.

If you can't stand freedom of speech, you could always move to a country where they don't have that problem.
I don't think it should be legal either. You may note that I have said that the puncher should take his punishment.

I live in Sweden, by the way. We punch Nazis here too.

Old 6th February 2017, 06:15 AM   #662
Belz...
Fiend God

I don't think it should be legal either. You may note that I have said that the puncher should take his punishment.
Then you don't "have no problem with it". You at least think there's a little problem with it: it should be punished.

Quote:
Free speech works until your rights start to be taken away.
That sounds like a nice, blanket justification for treating others like crap.

Old 6th February 2017, 06:16 AM   #663
Belz...
Fiend God

People are feeling (the same as factually knowing in the current society) that their rights are about to be taken away. Thus, they punch Nazis. I have no problem with it.
Isn't that the exact same justification that the Nazis used to punch Jews?

Old 6th February 2017, 06:16 AM   #664
uke2se
Penultimate Amazing

Then you don't "have no problem with it". You at least think there's a little problem with it: it should be punished.
I still have no problem with it. I think it's morally justified. I just don't think it's legally justified. If you want to read that as me having a problem with it, it's up to you.

That sounds like a nice, blanket justification for treating others like crap.
Nope, just Nazis.

Old 6th February 2017, 06:18 AM   #665
uke2se
Penultimate Amazing

Isn't that the exact same justification that the Nazis used to punch Jews?
No, they thought Jews were genetically inferior 'untermench' who corrupted finances in a massive world wide conspiracy. That's something else altogether.

Old 6th February 2017, 06:20 AM   #666
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

I still have no problem with it. I think it's morally justified. I just don't think it's legally justified. If you want to read that as me having a problem with it, it's up to you.

Nope, just Nazis.
Letting the pedophiles, rapists and murderers just skate by? Have you no proper sense of self-righteous outrage?
Old 6th February 2017, 06:21 AM   #667
uke2se
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by varwoche View Post
Letting the pedophiles, rapists and murderers just skate by? Have you no proper sense of self-righteous outrage?
If you want to punch a pedo, go for it. I won't hold you back.

We're talking about Nazis here, though. Violence against Nazis is something of an American tradition. Nice of you to equate Nazis to rapists, murderers and pedophiles though. Your heart is in the right place.

Last edited by uke2se; 6th February 2017 at 06:22 AM.
Old 6th February 2017, 06:23 AM   #668
Belz...
Fiend God

It sounds like you're saying that the law is an impediment to morality, rather than a consequence of it. I find that more dangerous than anything Milo's ever said.

Quote:
Nope, just Nazis.
Milo's not a Nazi. Seems like you've expanded your list of untermensch.

Quote:
No, they thought Jews were genetically inferior 'untermench' who corrupted finances in a massive world wide conspiracy. That's something else altogether.
A conspiracy that was about to deprive them of their rights, hence the justification. It's pretty much the same thing: pretending that self-defense is the issue.

Old 6th February 2017, 06:25 AM   #669
uke2se
Penultimate Amazing

It sounds like you're saying that the law is an impediment to morality, rather than a consequence of it. I find that more dangerous than anything Milo's ever said.
Ok.

Milo's not a Nazi. Seems like you've expanded your list of untermensch.
He's a stooge for Nazis.

A conspiracy that was about to deprive them of their rights, hence the justification. It's pretty much the same thing: pretending that self-defense is the issue.
No, there's leagues of difference. I think it's kind of disgusting that you would compare the plight of Nazis being punched on TV in America with Jews being persecuted by Nazis during WWII.

Old 6th February 2017, 06:30 AM   #670
Belz...
Fiend God

He's a stooge for Nazis.
Oh, so not just Nazis, but stooges of Nazis and, I suppose, those who cut their hair as well.

Tell me, how exactly is he a stooge for Nazis? I want specific citations, not blanket statements, now. You've gotten away with making **** up enough now.

Quote:
No, there's leagues of difference. I think it's kind of disgusting that you would compare the plight of Nazis being punched on TV in America with Jews being persecuted by Nazis during WWII.
No less disgusting than you calling everybody you disagree with "Nazis". Can't believe you missed the irony.

Old 6th February 2017, 06:35 AM   #671
uke2se
Penultimate Amazing

Oh, so not just Nazis, but stooges of Nazis and, I suppose, those who cut their hair as well.

Tell me, how exactly is he a stooge for Nazis? I want specific citations, not blanket statements, now. You've gotten away with making **** up enough now.
What **** have I made up?

Milo Yiannapolis is a writer for white supremacist Breitbart, author of such pieces as “Birth Control Makes Women Unattractive and Crazy” and “Would You Rather Your Child Had Feminism or Cancer?” He's part of the "alt-right", a noted neo-Nazi congregation of internet warriors, and he's a huge part of the problem in the US right now.

Now you may begin defending the bigot if you wish.

No less disgusting than you calling everybody you disagree with "Nazis". Can't believe you missed the irony.
I don't. I call the Nazis Nazis. Do you want to defend comparing the plight of punching Nazis on TV in America to Nazis persecuting Jews during WWII?

Old 6th February 2017, 06:36 AM   #672
Newtons Bit
Penultimate Amazing

Anyone who gets caught after assaulting another person, Nazi or not, should stand before a court and answer for his crime.

And if people think your arguments are more nazi-like than the people already being punched, what then?
"Structural Engineering is the art of molding materials we do not wholly understand into shapes we cannot precisely analyze so as to understand forces we cannot really assess in such a way that the community at large has no reason to suspect the extent of our own ignorance." James E Amrhein
Newtons Bit is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2017, 06:37 AM   #673
uke2se
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Newtons Bit View Post
And if people think your arguments are more nazi-like than the people already being punched, what then?
Then they are welcome to outline their arguments for me being a Nazis. Would be fun to read.

Old 6th February 2017, 06:43 AM   #674
Belz...
Fiend God

What **** have I made up?

Milo Yiannapolis is a writer for white supremacist Breitbart, author of such pieces as “Birth Control Makes Women Unattractive and Crazy” and “Would You Rather Your Child Had Feminism or Cancer?”
None of this has anything to do with Nazis.

Quote:
He's part of the "alt-right", a noted neo-Nazi congregation of internet warriors, and he's a huge part of the problem in the US right now.
I'm still waiting for a citation of him saying anything Nazi-like.

Quote:
Now you may begin defending the bigot if you wish.
Ah, yes. Because if I say that your accusation is false, it automatically means that I agree with Milo's own claims.

Quote:
I don't. I call the Nazis Nazis.
Clearly not. You're using rfhetorical tricks to make people you despise look worse than they already are in order to justify violence against them. Just like the Nazis.

Then they are welcome to outline their arguments for me being a Nazis. Would be fun to read.
They can't punch you because they think you're a Nazi? How convenient!

Old 6th February 2017, 07:04 AM   #675
Ziggurat
Penultimate Amazing

When you're advocating violence in response to speech, it's hard to take seriously any claim that arguments have anything to do with your decisions anymore. At this point it's pretty clear that you're being guided by emotion, not logic.
"As long as it is admitted that the law may be diverted from its true purpose -- that it may violate property instead of protecting it -- then everyone will want to participate in making the law, either to protect himself against plunder or to use it for plunder. Political questions will always be prejudicial, dominant, and all-absorbing. There will be fighting at the door of the Legislative Palace, and the struggle within will be no less furious." - Bastiat, The Law
Ziggurat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2017, 07:08 AM   #676
OCaptain
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by willim View Post
Milo Yiannopoulos is Jewish, openly gay, and he was born in Greece.

That makes those who hate him and want to silence him anti-semitic, homophobic, and xenophobic.

This says a lot about the supposed "tolerance" of the left when they attack and silence a gay Jewish man who hails from a foreign country.

Hypocrites.

Except that you forgot the fourth, most critical, aspect of the man. He is a troll, targeting immature kids at colleges be aware he knows that they will rise to his bait.

For that reason, he should be ignored.
Old 6th February 2017, 07:16 AM   #677
uke2se
Penultimate Amazing

None of this has anything to do with Nazis.

I'm still waiting for a citation of him saying anything Nazi-like.
Associates with Nazis - check
Spews vile bigotry - check

I suppose you could make the argument that Milo's not technically a Nazi. Naziesque but no true Nazi.

Ah, yes. Because if I say that your accusation is false, it automatically means that I agree with Milo's own claims.
No, never said nor implied that you agreed with him. Simply that you defended him.

Clearly not. You're using rfhetorical tricks to make people you despise look worse than they already are in order to justify violence against them. Just like the Nazis.
"Rhetorical tricks"? Which ones?

They can't punch you because they think you're a Nazi? How convenient!
If they can justify a belief that I'm a Nazi, they are free to try to punch me. In fact, anyone's free to try to punch me. Happens to me often. I do punch back though.

Old 6th February 2017, 07:19 AM   #678
Belz...
Fiend God

Associates with Nazis - check
Citation needed.

Quote:
Citation needed. Your claims are not good enough.

Quote:
No, never said nor implied that you agreed with him. Simply that you defended him.
I'm countering your baseless accusation. Of course that makes you think I'm "defending" him.

Quote:
"Rhetorical tricks"? Which ones?
Here's one:

Quote:
At this point it seems like you're pretending to not understand what I'm telling you.

Quote:
If they can justify a belief that I'm a Nazi, they are free to try to punch me. In fact, anyone's free to try to punch me. Happens to me often.
Stop spewing vile bigotry and associating with NaAzis, then.

Quote:
I do punch back though.
Why? Are they Nazis?

Old 6th February 2017, 07:27 AM   #679
uke2se
Penultimate Amazing

Citation needed.
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...-party-w429967

Citation needed. Your claims are not good enough.
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Milo_Yiannopoulos

I'm countering your baseless accusation. Of course that makes you think I'm "defending" him.
My accusations aren't baseless.

Here's one:
No, that's a description of reality.

Stop spewing vile bigotry and associating with NaAzis, then.
I'm not.

Why? Are they Nazis?
No, they are mostly people who think attacking law enforcement officers is a good way to get out of trouble.

Any comment on your sickening comparison of the plight of Nazis being punched on TV in the US with Jews being persecuted by Nazis during WWII? You know, walking back that particular comment would be a good thing. You don't have to be right about everything.

Last edited by uke2se; 6th February 2017 at 07:28 AM.
Old 6th February 2017, 07:34 AM   #680
Belz...
Fiend God

I'm sorry, what is that supposed to prove?

Quote:
That isn't a quote. I can only surmise that, after at least three requests by me, you have no quote by him saying anything Nazi-like. I'll consider your claim retracted.

Quote:
No, that's a description of reality.
Based on **** all, apparently, since you're unable to support these claims.

Quote:
I'm not.
Then they wouldn't be punching you. You're not making any sense, here.

Quote:
Any comment on your sickening comparison of the plight of Nazis being punched on TV in the US with Jews being persecuted by Nazis during WWII?
I've already made the comment: I'm directly comparing your rhetoric to that of Nazis in order to highlight your sickening comparison of Milo to Nazis. Your outrage simply demonstrates that your argument comes entirely from emotion.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics