ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Non-USA & General Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 6th July 2019, 06:13 AM   #41
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Harry is the gold digger? Nope. He is the direct descendant of the current and past monarch.

Meghan was only a support actress in a supporting role in a cable channel series.

Sh got rich by suing for a handsome divorce settlement from her last husband, Trevor. It's doubtful she had assets of more than $2m at most when she came to England looking for her next rich husband. These days, being a millionaire is commonplace and doesn't mean a vast amount of money in particular.
Well if you consider having to live on hand outs the same as earning your own money I'll leave you to it.
Old 6th July 2019, 06:40 AM   #42
Information Analyst
Philosopher

Originally Posted by bluesjnr View Post
That would be at New Register House in the custody of the Registrar General for Scotland for some of us (seeing as we're picking people up on a dropped "s") .

To be fair, I'm much more impressed by Scotland charging £3 for PDFs of certificates and them being available "immediately" from the Scotland's People website, than the GRO finally getting round to doing births and deaths (within a more limited range) for £6 on spec, so they still take several days to be delivered.

Last edited by Information Analyst; 6th July 2019 at 06:43 AM.
Information Analyst is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th July 2019, 01:57 PM   #43
Samson
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
I think you will find it is the other way around, apart from any salary earned when he was playing at being a soldier he simply lives of handouts and welfare payments. She's been a high profile actress probably easily pulling down a half a million dollars a year.
This is a rough appraisal

When Meghan Markle married into the royal family last year, her net worth was about $5 million. Prince Harry's net worth, on the other hand, is thought to hover somewhere between $25 million and $40 million.”May 7, 2019

So this suggests she has done rather better than an aging soap actor could be sure of, but it is the wardrobe extravagance that would compel me to loathe her as a taxpayer.
Samson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th July 2019, 03:37 PM   #44
commandlinegamer
Philosopher

With regard to the OP it's hardly surprising if Harry (and perhaps Meghan) is somewhat reticent in dealing with the press given that they killed his mother, or if that's too hyperbolic, the more recent media actions in trying to spread dirt around that the two duchesses don't get on.

Because allegedly, William was bonking someone else. Whether true or not, it was the perfect tittle-tattle that's the stock-in-trade of the tabloids and the several hundred gossip magazines that pollute the newsagent's shelves.

So, I'd hardly be surprised if the Royals told the papers to **** off, but almost certain it's pretty much a non-story, stirred up by the usual suspects.

Last edited by commandlinegamer; 6th July 2019 at 03:40 PM.
commandlinegamer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2019, 08:35 AM   #45
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by commandlinegamer View Post
With regard to the OP it's hardly surprising if Harry (and perhaps Meghan) is somewhat reticent in dealing with the press given that they killed his mother, or if that's too hyperbolic, the more recent media actions in trying to spread dirt around that the two duchesses don't get on.

Because allegedly, William was bonking someone else. Whether true or not, it was the perfect tittle-tattle that's the stock-in-trade of the tabloids and the several hundred gossip magazines that pollute the newsagent's shelves.

So, I'd hardly be surprised if the Royals told the papers to **** off, but almost certain it's pretty much a non-story, stirred up by the usual suspects.
Well, sorry but they set themselves up as the UK's family exemplar, setting an example to us all of family values, protocol, good etiquette and knowing one's place.

I for one can remember having my childhood comics filled with what the Royal children were doing - gymkhanas scouting and whatnot - and I promised to do my duty to God and the Queen.

Therefore, if they are bed-hopping, committing adultery, having nookie with the ex-girlfriend when the wife has just had the fourth child and is held up as an example of wondrous virtuous motherhood, then yeah, it's fairdos it's all over the press. We Brits love sniffing out hypocrisy, so let's have at it.
Old 7th July 2019, 09:35 AM   #46
bluesjnr
Professional Nemesis for Hire

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Well, sorry but they set themselves up as the UK's family exemplar, setting an example to us all of family values, protocol, good etiquette and knowing one's place.
Can't say as 'ow I noticed them doin' this, ....... sniff.

Quote:
I for one can remember having my childhood comics filled with what the Royal children were doing - gymkhanas scouting and whatnot - and I promised to do my duty to God and the Queen.
the Wizard and The Victor never mentioned them.... at all.....ever

Quote:
Therefore, if they are bed-hopping, committing adultery, having nookie with the ex-girlfriend when the wife has just had the fourth child and is held up as an example of wondrous virtuous motherhood, then yeah, it's fairdos it's all over the press. We Brits love sniffing out hypocrisy, so let's have at it.
Or not. Many Brits (more so Scots) could not give an actual ****.
bluesjnr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2019, 11:49 PM   #47
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

... Snip...

Especially about the minors like Harry.
Old 7th July 2019, 11:50 PM   #48
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing

"Gold digger", huh?

I suppose the same applies to Kate, too then?

Honestly, I don't understand why some people care so much.

If they wish to keep their privacy, and frustrate the tabloid press, then more power too them. Because honestly, **** the gossip rags.
Old 8th July 2019, 09:57 AM   #49
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Can't say as 'ow I noticed them doin' this, ....... sniff.

the Wizard and The Victor never mentioned them.... at all.....ever

My comics were of a better class than the Wizard and the Victor.
Old 8th July 2019, 10:00 AM   #50
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Puppycow View Post
"Gold digger", huh?

I suppose the same applies to Kate, too then?

Honestly, I don't understand why some people care so much.

If they wish to keep their privacy, and frustrate the tabloid press, then more power too them. Because honestly, **** the gossip rags.
It did seem Kate was making sure she was where he was (St Andrew's).

What I don't get is why people come to a thread to say, 'who cares?'

If I see a thread about cricket or golf, I don't drop by to say, 'who cares'?

It would be rude.
Old 9th July 2019, 01:09 PM   #51
toto
Muse

[quote=Vixen;12748703]It did seem Kate was making sure she was where he was (St Andrew's).

What I don't get is why people come to a thread to say, 'who cares?'

If I see a thread about cricket or golf, I don't drop by to say, 'who cares'?

It would be rude.[/QUOTE

But the opening poster clarified the point of his post in the third comment on this thread when he said:

"That's really the question I started the thread hoping for an answer to, or at least some context on. Is this really... a thing? Like on a street level does anyone really care?

So the post to which you took exception is of relevance.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Non-USA & General Politics