ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Old 12th July 2019, 04:43 PM   #1081
dmaker
Graduate Poster

Hehehe, good one.
dmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2019, 08:34 PM   #1082
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
And I wasn't. Just Trump's ReTweets. I always liked and supported Captain Swoop's efforts here. Perhaps I just never noticed Trump's ReTweets being posted here before.
I get that but it doesn't change my answer.

However, I accept the rest of your post.

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 12th July 2019 at 08:35 PM.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2019, 01:52 AM   #1083
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

(3 Link to Hannity with his comments)

“MUELLER’S PARTISAN WITCH HUNT!”

https://twitter.com/i/status/1149896948507430912

"EXPOSING THE REAL 2016 ELECTION SCANDAL!"

https://twitter.com/i/status/1149893888951369728

"BOOMERANG OF JUSTICE" @SeanHannity

https://twitter.com/i/status/1149889094664802311
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2019, 01:54 AM   #1084
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

I think his re-tweets are as important as his tweets.
They show who, and what is influencing him and where his mind is going.

Hannity for example shapes his policy as much as his official team.

People that post praise for his statements and policy strengthen his direction.
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2019, 06:08 AM   #1085
Tero
Graduate Poster

I tweeted to his witch hunt, but there is just so much traffic to Trump tweets that nobody really gets to your tweet anymore. It creates a hierarchy under his tweet.
Tero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2019, 06:51 AM   #1086
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Tero View Post
I tweeted to his witch hunt, but there is just so much traffic to Trump tweets that nobody really gets to your tweet anymore. It creates a hierarchy under his tweet.
I have placed several replies to his tweets. On very rare occasions I get a Thumbs-up response or some such from other readers. I'm not sure how that heirarchy works but I always seem to see the same posters at the top of the thread. Changing Twitter settings doesn't change that.
Old 13th July 2019, 07:03 AM   #1087
Tero
Graduate Poster

Yeah. I think it's based on likes or retweets.
Tero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2019, 08:07 AM   #1088
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

He has retweeted masses of 'Judicial Watch' crap today, not going to bother with most of them, but there are a few juicy ones which show how he views the world.
Old 13th July 2019, 08:08 AM   #1089
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Retweeted

The Trump Organization
‏Verified account
@Trump
Three of the most spectacular golf courses in the world @TrumpGolf
Tune into @GolfChannel next week during @TheOpen to catch our latest commercial #TheTrumpTriangle
Old 13th July 2019, 08:09 AM   #1090
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Retweeted

Vice President Mike Pence
‏Verified account
@VP
CNN is so dishonest. Today we took reporters to a detention facility on the border for families and children and all told us they were being treated well.

Leader McConnell
‏Verified account
@senatemajldr
It’s a fact: The Trump administration, hand-in-hand with the Senate has punched back hard at Russian election interference that happened on the Obama administration’s watch.
Old 13th July 2019, 08:11 AM   #1091
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Andy McCabe is a major sleazebag. Among many other things, he took massive amounts of money from Crooked Hillary reps, for wife’s campaign, while Hillary was under “investigation” by FBI!
Old 13th July 2019, 08:12 AM   #1092
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Retweeted

Judicial Watch
‏Verified account
@JudicialWatch
@TomFitton: “The president should direct the DOJ to re-open the Clinton investigation to reassure Americans that there was a fair, competent & unbiased investigation. It’s clear that there was a cover-up to protect Hillary that goes beyond misconduct relating to her emails.”

Hillary Clinton is not above the law, yet she has a record of contempt for the rule of law. Our leaders are bound by the rule of law, so Clinton must be held accountable. Sign JW's petition now to demand that Hillary Clinton answer for her corruption! http://jwatch.us/8mKmB4
Old 13th July 2019, 08:14 AM   #1093
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweeted

This is one of the most horrible abuses of all. Those texts between gaga lovers would have told the whole story. Illegal deletion by Mueller. They gave us “the insurance policy.”

HUGE Cover-up!? Special Counsel Mueller’s office DELETED texts of of corrupt FBI officials Lisa Page & Peter Strzok– the two anti-@RealDonaldTrump, pro-Clinton FBI lovers who were running the Clinton's Trump-Russia Spy Op.
@TomFitton
Old 13th July 2019, 08:31 AM   #1094
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump Retweeted

‏Verified account
@VP
CNN is so dishonest. Today we took reporters to a detention facility on the border for families and children and all told us they were being treated well.

Leader McConnell
‏Verified account
@senatemajldr
It’s a fact: The Trump administration, hand-in-hand with the Senate has punched back hard at Russian election interference that happened on the Obama administration’s watch.
I'm sure the inmates didn't complain about the conditions to Himmler when he visited his concentration camps either.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2019, 10:29 AM   #1095
GlennB
Loggerheaded, earth-vexing fustilarian

Trump Retweeted

‏Verified account
@VP
"The caged migrants were at the McAllen border patrol station. When detainees saw reporters arrive many began shouting, saying they had been there for 40 days or more and were hungry and wanted to brush their teeth. Agents guarding the cages were wearing face masks.

The press pool covering the vice-president was removed within 90 seconds.

In a tweet, Josh Dawsey of the Washington Post wrote: “VP saw 384 men sleeping inside fences, on concrete w[ith] no pillows or mats. They said they hadn’t showered in weeks, wanted toothbrushes, food. Stench was overwhelming. [Customs and Border Protection] said they were fed regularly, could brush daily [and] recently got access to shower (many hadn’t for 10-20 days).”

Dawsey’s reporting spread rapidly on social media, as did news coverage of the visit.

Michael Banks, the agent in charge of the McAllen station, said the men were allowed to brush their teeth once a day and were given deodorant after showering, but conceded many had not showered for 10 or 20 days. He also said the longest any man had been there was 32 days.

“Some men told CNN’s Pam Brown and me they had been there longer, Dawsey wrote.

He also wrote: “Heat was sweltering. CBP said it was air conditioned.”

The fenced cages were so crowded it was impossible for all the men to lie on the concrete, he added."

link
Old 13th July 2019, 11:18 AM   #1096
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
Trump Retweeted

‏Verified account
@VP
Uh, what?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8337c.jpg (104.9 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by alfaniner; 13th July 2019 at 11:23 AM.
alfaniner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2019, 12:39 PM   #1097
Delphic Oracle
Illuminator

I saw some NBC footage of him standing their talking to a uniformed official and then leaving after like a whole minute.

He literally never interacted with a single immigrant.
Delphic Oracle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2019, 02:19 PM   #1098
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Delphic Oracle View Post
I saw some NBC footage of him standing their talking to a uniformed official and then leaving after like a whole minute.

He literally never interacted with a single immigrant.
Well you know, brown people are dirty.

How this man lies like he does while feigning devout Christian-ness makes it all the worse.
Old 13th July 2019, 02:24 PM   #1099
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy is a far superior leader than was Lame Duck Speaker Paul Ryan. Tougher, smarter and a far better fundraiser, Kevin is already closing in on 44 Million Dollars. Paul’s final year numbers were, according to Breitbart, “abysmal.” People like.....

....Paul Ryan almost killed the Republican Party. Weak, ineffective & stupid are not exactly the qualities that Republicans, or the CITIZENS of our Country, were looking for. Right now our spirit is at an all time high, far better than the Radical Left Dems. You’ll see next year!
Old 13th July 2019, 02:30 PM   #1100
Stacyhs
Philosopher

I think most of Trumps tweets/retweets rightly belong in the "Trump mental illness" thread. That man just ain't right!

Dr. Bandy Lee predicted Trump would get worse. His incessant childish name calling and personal attacks, tweeting and need for approval from others indicated by his retweeting anything positive said about him show a deterioration. But you just keep on defending him and making excuses for him, Trumpers!

Last edited by Stacyhs; 13th July 2019 at 02:35 PM.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2019, 02:53 PM   #1101
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

Meh. In some of the latest news in the Trump Administration's war on Science...

State Department analyst resigns after his testimony on climate crisis is blocked by White House

Quote:
State Department intelligence analyst Rod Schoonover drafted a critical report on U.S. security issues, only to see half of that report cut away by officials from the Trump White House—the half of the report that dealt with threats caused by the climate crisis. In response to being asked to update Congress on national security, without discussing the biggest threat facing national security, Schoonover has resigned.
Old 13th July 2019, 04:57 PM   #1102
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

94% Approval Rating in the Republican Party, an all time high. Ronald Reagan was 87%. Thank you!
Old 13th July 2019, 04:59 PM   #1103
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

His numbers are high because the only people remaining in the GOP are dimwitted yokels and the grifters picking their pockets.
Old 13th July 2019, 05:09 PM   #1104
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

Trump Retweeted

Judicial Watch
‏Verified account
@JudicialWatch
@TomFitton: “The president should direct the DOJ to re-open the Clinton investigation to reassure Americans that there was a fair, competent & unbiased investigation. It’s clear that there was a cover-up to protect Hillary that goes beyond misconduct relating to her emails.”

Hillary Clinton is not above the law, yet she has a record of contempt for the rule of law. Our leaders are bound by the rule of law, so Clinton must be held accountable. Sign JW's petition now to demand that Hillary Clinton answer for her corruption! http://jwatch.us/8mKmB4
Sounds like Trump has only just started. All he has to do is find a loyal flunky to get all this moving.
For if a man pretend to me that God hath spoken to him supernaturally, and immediately, and I make doubt of it, I cannot easily perceive what argument he can produce to oblige me to believe it. Hobbes
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2019, 05:47 PM   #1105
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Well you know, brown people are dirty.

How this man lies like he does while feigning devout Christian-ness makes it all the worse.
Those brown people are Catholic, not Christian. If they convert to fundieism on their deathbeds, they'll be saved and that's all that matters.
Old 13th July 2019, 06:23 PM   #1106
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

Federal investigation into Trump Organization appears to have ended... and the timing is suspicious

How is it suspicious? Looks like the actual investigating was suddenly interrupted a while ago. Right about the time when Barr took over, no less, and it's just now that they're officially ending it. I don't think I need to point out the obvious implications.

Last edited by Aridas; 13th July 2019 at 06:27 PM.
Aridas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2019, 06:31 PM   #1107
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Now, this is clearly fake.

As if the President of USA would be so petty and sick as to tear up the Iran deal because it was Obama's.

Absurd.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-48978484
Old 13th July 2019, 06:40 PM   #1108
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Didn’t the president say he was going to immediately sign an executive order to gather citizenship information?

The Federal Register shows no such executive order.
Old 13th July 2019, 06:55 PM   #1109
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Atheist View Post

As if the President of USA would be so petty and sick as to tear up the Iran deal because it was Obama's.

Absurd.

Nah, the King of Petty would never, ever do such a thing.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2019, 06:58 PM   #1110
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

Trump, about the mainstream media: "To me, that’s very dangerous speech, and you become angry at it. But that’s not free speech.”
All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power & profit - Thomas Paine
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2019, 07:02 PM   #1111
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Nah, the King of Petty would never, ever do such a thing.
Pretty sure I made the comment 18 months ago that Trump would attempt to remove anything Obama enacted.

What's that name for people who call for the execution of innocent black men and wants to expunge the deeds of another black man from the historical record, after having peddled racist CT about him?

It's hard to imagine where he gets such deep racist hatred from. Nothing to do with genital jealousy, I'm sure.
Old 13th July 2019, 07:05 PM   #1112
Tero
Graduate Poster

Trump will erase Obamacare even if that loses him the election.
Old 13th July 2019, 08:05 PM   #1113
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Pretty sure I made the comment 18 months ago that Trump would attempt to remove anything Obama enacted.

What's that name for people who call for the execution of innocent black men and wants to expunge the deeds of another black man from the historical record, after having peddled racist CT about him?

It's hard to imagine where he gets such deep racist hatred from. Nothing to do with genital jealousy, I'm sure.
It's never been a secret. Trump is such a pathologic narcissist that being humiliated at the White House Correspondence Dinner when Obama made fun of Trump's birtherism is what set him on his mission of revenge.
Old 14th July 2019, 05:09 AM   #1114
Armitage72
Master Poster

At one point he asked the representatives from Alaska if they wanted him to change the name of Denali back to Mount McKinley and was confused when they said no. He literally couldn't understand why they wanted to keep something that President Obama did.
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2019, 06:13 AM   #1115
Cain
Straussian

Absurd.

Now you have egg on your face. Some of us warned you Barack Obama would be a bad influence on our politics.
Old 14th July 2019, 07:20 AM   #1116
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

The Russian Whore in Chief just told four Congresswomen to go back where they came from. The stupid bitch doesn't even know that only one of the four wasn't born here. He's not even smart enough to get being a filthy bigot right.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...sot-ip-vpx.cnn
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2019, 07:41 AM   #1117
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
The Russian Whore in Chief just told four Congresswomen to go back where they came from. The stupid bitch doesn't even know that only one of the four wasn't born here. He's not even smart enough to get being a filthy bigot right.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...sot-ip-vpx.cnn
I'm trying to follow this story. Where does he name the four or how did they get named?
BobTheCoward is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2019, 09:14 AM   #1118
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

So interesting to see “Progressive” Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly......

....and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run. Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how....

....it is done. These places need your help badly, you can’t leave fast enough. I’m sure that Nancy Pelosi would be very happy to quickly work out free travel arrangements!
Old 14th July 2019, 09:15 AM   #1119
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Friday’s tour showed vividly, to politicians and the media, how well run and clean the children’s detention centers are. Great reviews! Failing @nytimes story was FAKE! The adult single men areas were clean but crowded - also loaded up with a big percentage of criminals......

.....Sorry, can’t let them into our Country. If too crowded, tell them not to come to USA, and tell the Dems to fix the Loopholes - Problem Solved!
Old 14th July 2019, 09:17 AM   #1120
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump has posted masses of retweets today from random people that have praised him. Was the golf rained off?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics