IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Economics, Business and Finance

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bitcoin , cryptocurrency

Old 1st July 2019, 11:58 PM   #121
psionl0
Skeptical about skeptics

Originally Posted by Samson View Post
Let bitcoin never be dull
Bitcoin price goes up. Bitcoin price goes down.
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Old 2nd July 2019, 04:13 AM   #122
Dr.Sid
Illuminator

Btw. most of the time people say how every new BTC bubble goes higher than the previous one. This one is clearly not the case. Has BTC really peaked ?
Dr.Sid is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd July 2019, 05:06 AM   #123
Samson
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Dr.Sid View Post
Btw. most of the time people say how every new BTC bubble goes higher than the previous one. This one is clearly not the case. Has BTC really peaked ?
Disclosure of interest.
I have never had any bitcoin, but as a complete believer with delivered proof on other threads here that price history alone is sufficient to deliver highly accurate predictions with concomitant certain profits, I can say that bitcoin is a sublime follower of technical fashion.

However my view is always coloured by the logic,
rat poison,
I think far less of it.

It is all bulldust, destined to be exterminated with the vermin.

I know I am being way too kind.
Samson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd July 2019, 05:21 AM   #124
psionl0
Skeptical about skeptics

I can't add much to what I said in post #115. NOBODY knows what will happen next and don't let anybody here tell you otherwise.
Old 5th July 2019, 07:22 AM   #125
The_Animus
Illuminator

Disclosure of interest.
I have never had any bitcoin, but as a complete believer with delivered proof on other threads here that price history alone is sufficient to deliver highly accurate predictions with concomitant certain profits, I can say that bitcoin is a sublime follower of technical fashion.
It's a good thing you didn't actually follow your own predictions on bitcoin. With how often you've been completely wrong you'd be dead broke.

You have never been highly accurate, you just champion the times you guess right and ignore all the times you guess wrong.

You're no different than people who claim to be psychic. The only person you're fooling is yourself.
The_Animus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th July 2019, 03:15 AM   #126
Samson
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The_Animus View Post
It's a good thing you didn't actually follow your own predictions on bitcoin. With how often you've been completely wrong you'd be dead broke.

You have never been highly accurate, you just champion the times you guess right and ignore all the times you guess wrong.

You're no different than people who claim to be psychic. The only person you're fooling is yourself.
Incorrect.
I have many times listed the specific predictions and actual outcomes on the TA threads, and faithful auditing shows a clearly non random profit profile.
Time and sales was the old way.

Bitcoin is highly predictable with TA, but rat poison fools even rats.
Samson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th July 2019, 06:27 AM   #127
trustbutverify
Penultimate Amazing

Incorrect.
He was being generous. You may actually be the worst make believe trader in internet forum history.

Quote:
Bitcoin is highly predictable with TA
Not for you it aint.
trustbutverify is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th July 2019, 03:20 PM   #128
Samson
Penultimate Amazing

In fact I said sell at 11717, went as high as 12250 then down to 9614

Since then there have been multiple iterations of the algorithm saying buy it, but my disgust at the entity precludes me saying it.
Old 8th July 2019, 07:13 PM   #129
psionl0
Skeptical about skeptics

In fact I said sell at 11717, went as high as 12250 then down to 9614
ie You failed.

Since then there have been multiple iterations of the algorithm saying buy it, but my disgust at the entity precludes me saying it.
If you say that there is something immoral about bitcoin then it must be the paragon of virtue.

Only a fool (or somebody with a vested interest) would say that one form of gambling is more moral than another.
Old 9th July 2019, 08:58 AM   #130
lomiller
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by psionl0 View Post
I can't add much to what I said in post #115. NOBODY knows what will happen next and don't let anybody here tell you otherwise.
This is about as harsh a criticism as you can get for a purported “investment”
Old 11th July 2019, 03:50 AM   #131
Samson
Penultimate Amazing

Bitcoin is poised to meet its doom.
Warren Buffet calls it rat poison and Charlie Munger says of bitcoin I like it a lot less than Warren.
Perfect.
The infinite supply of, say
Bitcoin 1, Bitcoin 2..................Bitcoin n

Means that Tyler and Cameron Winkelvoss should share the key and bail out.
Old 11th July 2019, 04:16 AM   #132
psionl0
Skeptical about skeptics

The infinite supply of, say
Bitcoin 1, Bitcoin 2..................Bitcoin n
Do you think that 40 days is long enough for everybody to forget that you tried this crap for the nth time and got your ass handed to you yet again?

Last edited by psionl0; 11th July 2019 at 04:18 AM.
psionl0 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2019, 05:56 AM   #133
Samson
Penultimate Amazing

Yes
Old 11th July 2019, 01:27 PM   #134
Samson
Penultimate Amazing

The algo just said go short

11147 last
Old 11th July 2019, 02:46 PM   #135
Mycroft
High Priest of Ed

The algo just said go short

11147 last
Can you clarify what that means? Does it mean you expect the price to fall? What time frame?

$11311.70 last.
Mycroft is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2019, 02:58 PM   #136
Samson
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
Can you clarify what that means? Does it mean you expect the price to fall? What time frame?

$11311.70 last.
Yes I expect it to fall over the next week, to around 10,000.
If it rallied above 12000 meantime I would call the trade a failure.
Old 11th July 2019, 09:24 PM   #137
psionl0
Skeptical about skeptics

It means that Samson is betting on tails.
Old 16th July 2019, 03:48 PM   #138
Samson
Penultimate Amazing

Libra is being designed with utility as the primary function, allowing instant transfer without cost. Bitcoin is declining accordingly. Libra can "suck the oxygen" from all other cryptos.
Old 16th July 2019, 04:57 PM   #139
Dr.Sid
Illuminator

Libra has no speculative potential, and other cryptos are not used for utility all that much. I don't see it.
Dr.Sid is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2019, 05:05 PM   #140
Samson
Penultimate Amazing

Libra has no speculative potential, and other cryptos are not used for utility all that much. I don't see it.
I watch Blocktv, just google it, goes all the time with very clever speakers.
Way above my paygrade so I listen for the most sensible sounding ideas, and that was one of them.

Think about it, blockchain is a thing, and facebook has 2.5 billion users, many with no access to bank accounts, who look for an easy way to remit or receive money. Bitcoin may have done the heavy lifting establishing protocols, but intrinsic value will be forever out of reach.
Old 16th July 2019, 05:56 PM   #141
jrhowell
Muse

And a significant portion of the non-speculative utility of bitcoin is in paying ransoms, money laundering, and buying illegal products. I suspect that Libra will be an inferior choice for those purposes. Bitcoin is safe for now.
jrhowell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2019, 10:36 AM   #142
The_Animus
Illuminator

Facebook has had repeated issues with data collection, breaches of privacy, and lying about those things.

Anyone with even half a brain shouldn't trust them with their own currency.
The_Animus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2019, 11:05 AM   #143
Belz...
Fiend God

I watch Blocktv
Sounds slightly biased towards cryptos.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2019, 03:34 PM   #144
Samson
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Sounds slightly biased towards cryptos.
Sort of, maybe more Fox than CNN or CNBC
Still, a subject that is more complex than I thought.
Old 22nd July 2019, 03:45 AM   #145
Samson
Penultimate Amazing

My last two time stamped predictions have afforded extravagant returns.

Don't mention it.

Sell right now for 8000, 12000 again the giddy limit.

Last 10484
Old 9th September 2019, 12:06 AM   #146
Samson
Penultimate Amazing

Locked in bear market, expect 6000

10210 last stop 11100
Old 9th September 2019, 12:29 AM   #147
psionl0
Skeptical about skeptics

Locked in bear market, expect 6000

10210 last stop 11100
You don't see the irony of posting this immediately after your July post? (The price never dropped below 9000 and has been sitting comfortably around the 10,000 mark for at least the last 3 months).
Old 9th September 2019, 03:27 AM   #148
Samson
Penultimate Amazing

You don't see the irony of posting this immediately after your July post? (The price never dropped below 9000 and has been sitting comfortably around the 10,000 mark for at least the last 3 months).
Not at all.
I made a prediction that worked, then one that entailed a far lesser loss.
I have made a new prediction that affords a 5 to 1 win ratio, and I plan to collect.
Old 9th September 2019, 04:06 AM   #149
psionl0
Skeptical about skeptics

I made a prediction that never worked
ftfy.
Old 10th September 2019, 04:16 AM   #150
Samson
Penultimate Amazing

ftfy.
Blocktv is great.
Bitcoin maximilists, hodlers, fomos, articulate pontificators, art of the chart is a highlight for those with appreciation of humour, fortunately it repeats and repeats, so it need not be a 24 hour addiction.
Old 11th September 2019, 02:00 AM   #151
Samson
Penultimate Amazing

The great crypto bearmarket is now underway, Winkelvoss twins should liquidate, this is the end of the line, nothing can be sustained by something that is fueled by abject greed.
Old 11th September 2019, 03:00 AM   #152
Dr.Sid
Illuminator

Add heavy bass line, and it would make for a nice rap.
Old 11th September 2019, 03:49 AM   #153
Samson
Penultimate Amazing

Thank you.
Old 11th September 2019, 04:21 AM   #154
Belz...
Fiend God

Not at all.
I made a prediction that worked
How did it work, exactly?

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2019, 09:52 AM   #155
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
How did it work, exactly?
Got some attention on a small forum on the outer edges of the internet ?
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2019, 01:42 PM   #156
ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator

I don't believe most people say every new bubble goes higher than the previous one. I think you are confusing a bubble with an ordinary price increase. There will come a time when BTC peaks above 20K, but when is the unknowable.....

Chris B.
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2019, 02:29 PM   #157
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

$11311.70 last.
Al told him to Go away.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2019, 03:49 PM   #158
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Hey, bitcoin is pretty much a cult now for the dumber wing of the Libertarians and Right Wingers in general,

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2019, 04:49 PM   #159
psionl0
Skeptical about skeptics

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Hey, bitcoin is pretty much a cult now for the dumber wing of the Libertarians and Right Wingers in general,
When and how did it become that way?
Old 11th September 2019, 05:37 PM   #160
Roger Ramjets
Philosopher

Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
I don't believe most people say every new bubble goes higher than the previous one. I think you are confusing a bubble with an ordinary price increase. There will come a time when BTC peaks above 20K, but when is the unknowable.....
Perhaps, but for John Mcafee's sake it needs to go much higher than $20k.

So far it's not looking good...

Bitcoin Price Prediction Tracker

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Economics, Business and Finance