ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags robert kraft , sex scandals , sports incidents

Old 24th March 2019, 08:32 AM   #281
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
Apparently, he's both truly sorry and not guilty.
Old 24th March 2019, 08:55 AM   #282
Arcade22
Philosopher

Originally Posted by timhau View Post
He's sorry he got caught.
Freedom you all want, you want freedom. Why then do you haggle over a more or less? Freedom can only be the whole of freedom; a piece of freedom is not freedom. You despair of the possibility of obtaining the whole of freedom, freedom from everything - yes, you consider it insanity even to wish this? - Well, then leave off chasing after the phantom, and spend your pains on something better than the - unattainable. - Max Stirner
Arcade22 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th March 2019, 08:02 PM   #283
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Today Kraft pleaded not guilty to two counts of soliciting prostitution. He requested a trial by jury.
Old 27th March 2019, 03:08 AM   #284
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
So... what is he truly sorry about?
Old 27th March 2019, 05:49 AM   #285
Myriad
Hyperthetical

Location: A pocket paradise between the sewage treatment plant and the railroad
Originally Posted by timhau View Post
So... what is he truly sorry about?

He is sorry for not objecting or refusing when the licensed massage therapists whose kinesiological services he had paid for began performing gratis unsolicited additional acts of affection during the massage.

That's my guess, anyhow, for what his defense is going to be based on, assuming said acts themselves really are unambiguously recorded on the video as the police claim.

The state will have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that, contrary to that narrative, the sexual contact was explicitly solicited. That's not completely straightforward, which is why most people changed with soliciting are arrested in the act of soliciting instead of via voyeur photography of the act hypothetically solicited. "Aw, c'mon, everybody knows" may or may not be sufficient proof for a jury.

Kraft may also be sorry he did not pursue his affairs in a more respectable manner, such as by accepting the advances of some attractive thirty-something-year-old woman who pretends to be romantically interested in him with only the expectation of biweekly love gifts of expensive and easily resellable jewelry in return. Which is completely socially acceptable and legally sanctioned. Even though, aw, c'mon, everybody knows.

Last edited by Myriad; 27th March 2019 at 05:53 AM.
Myriad is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th March 2019, 07:03 AM   #286
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

His lawyer will take advantage of the fact that the video has no audio. He cannot be heard soliciting prostitution or accepting an offer of prostitution.

The defense will also argue that the cameras and the traffic stop were illegal, and that the sex trafficking idea is just a common entrenched myth.
Old 27th March 2019, 07:13 AM   #287
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Will the Patriots win several more Super Bowls without Gronk?
Old 27th March 2019, 09:56 AM   #288
applecorped
Rotten to the Core

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
Will the Patriots win several more Super Bowls without Gronk?
I'm sure they will pull it out
Old 28th March 2019, 12:44 PM   #289
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Kraft's lawyer is now conceding that sex happened in that spa between Kraft and a couple of Chinese grannies. But he is saying that it was consensual sex and not prostitution. This is probably in anticipation of the police releasing the videos of him getting a handjob on one day and a blowjob on the next day.

"Yep, that is some sex you are seeing there. Nope, that is not prostitution. By the way, those are lovable grannies who love Robert Kraft, but they are certainly not traffick grannies."
Old 28th March 2019, 01:21 PM   #290
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

CNN: Robert Kraft wants video of day spa session to be kept out of trial

"Your honor I object!"
"Why?"
"Because it's devastating to my case!"
"Overruled."
"Good call!"
JoeMorgue is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th May 2019, 06:48 AM   #291
Myles
Thinker

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post

The defense will also argue that the cameras and the traffic stop were illegal, and that the sex trafficking idea is just a common entrenched myth.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...cid=spartanntp

Good call.
Myles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events