ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 2nd June 2020, 05:52 PM   #761
tazanastazio
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Matthew Ellard View Post
Pssst......your video on quantum fluctuation proved the exact opposite. You just shot down your own "little bouncing balls" religion again.
Pssst.... get out of your non-dimensional nothingness box and mentally unbox the Universe from the box you have boxed it in with your mind , and apply the concept of quantum fluctuation to infinity.

Last edited by tazanastazio; 2nd June 2020 at 06:10 PM.
tazanastazio is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd June 2020, 06:08 PM   #762
Matthew Ellard
Master Poster

Originally Posted by tazanastazio View Post
Pssst.... get out of your non-dimentional (dimensional) nothingness box and mentally unbox the Universe from the box you have boxed it in with your mind wide-eyed, and apply the concept of quantum fluctuation to infinity.
1) The correct spelling is "dimensional" not "dimentional".

2) You are denying that quantum fluctuation is real and caused the big bang, while simultaneously claiming it is real and supports your "everything is infinite little bouncing balls" religion....which it doesn't.

Where in your you tube link does it say quantum fluctuations are occurring infinitely? (You haven't actually watched the video and read the article, have you?)
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd June 2020, 06:29 PM   #763
tazanastazio
Critical Thinker

1) The correct spelling is "dimensional" not "dimentional".

2) You are denying that quantum fluctuation is real and caused the big bang, while simultaneously claiming it is real and supports your "everything is infinite little bouncing balls" religion....which it doesn't.

Where in your you tube link does it say quantum fluctuations are occurring infinitely? (You haven't actually watched the video and read the article, have you?)
1)Thanks for the spell check! Told you before you'd do well in a spelling bee contest.

2) Long before the quantum fluctuation was a you tube sensation among the aficionados of science, "a thing" to put it colloquially, since 2009 if I recall correctly, I've been telling you that THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS ABSOLUTE NOTHING AND VOID! And you were till recently in this very thread denying it. I was telling you about Infinitely minute particles (both in size and in reference to their extend), I had brought the example back then of the tv screen dot phenomenon (the one when your tv is not getting a signal) and how you get out of three colors an infinite number of different pictures. I have already told you how I conceived the concept back in 2001, while walking home from work one night, which concept soon later I discussed with people in person because blogging was not available yet (I believe I can find some of these people if ever I needed to provide proof about this).

Let me spell it to out to you using an analogy,

The quantum is the energy that fluctuates (the mind and the energy that moves the brush), the quantum form particles of matter from infinite manute to subatomic which in turn form objects (colors creating infinite pictures) in space (canvas). All of which is the Infinite which was, is and always will be.

Last edited by tazanastazio; 2nd June 2020 at 06:36 PM.
tazanastazio is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd June 2020, 06:42 PM   #764
Matthew Ellard
Master Poster

1)Thanks for the spell check! Told you before you'd do well in a spelling bee contest.
You can't even spell dimension, which is the main framework of your insane religious claim

Originally Posted by tazanastazio
I've been telling you that THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS ABSOLUTE NOTHING AND VOID! And you were till recently in this very thread denying it.
Nope. You specifically claimed light didn't travel as everything was made up of little bouncing balls. Everyone laughed at you.
Originally Posted by tazanastazio in November 2019
Light does not travel, and as such it is neither a particle nor a wave; only perhaps in the traditional sense. Think water waves and particle to particle interaction we see and understand as water waves or ripples. In terms of light:As soon as a photon is generated for a brief amount of time, it in turn "energizes the particle next to it, and that particle the particle next to it, and so on in a wave fashion.
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...&postcount=368

You also didn't know that magnets existed or had magnetic fields.

You also didn't know that polarised glass existed that could reduce light wave according to the wave's angle.

You also denied evolution was real and claimed an external force caused humans to evolve.

It was hilarious.
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd June 2020, 06:48 PM   #765
Matthew Ellard
Master Poster

The quantum is the energy that fluctuates (the mind and the energy that moves the brush), the quantum form particles of matter from infinite manute to subatomic which in turn form objects (colors creating infinite pictures) in space (canvas). All of which is the Infinite which was, is and always will be.

Oh dear,you poor confused man..... quantum in quantum mechanics, means the package of wave/particle duality.

You really should stop making this up as you post. You are embarrassing yourself.
Old 2nd June 2020, 06:57 PM   #766
Matthew Ellard
Master Poster

I had brought the example back then of the tv screen dot phenomenon (the one when your tv is not getting a signal) and how you get out of three colors an infinite number of different pictures.
1) You were already informed that you can't get infra-red or ultraviolet light pictures from the Red-Green-Blue of a TV screen.

2) You were already informed that you can't get an infinite number of different pictures from red-green-blue because of pixel definition.

You keep shooting down your own silly infinities of infinity religion.
Old 2nd June 2020, 06:57 PM   #767
tazanastazio
Critical Thinker

Oh dear,you poor confused man..... quantum in quantum mechanics, means the package of wave/particle duality.

You really should stop making this up as you post. You are embarrassing yourself.
Again think from an infinite perspective, at what point energy (wave) turns into matter (particle) and vice versa!

But first solve this 0 + 0 = ?

In the meantime I'm gonna go and put together a tune on the guitar or the piano.

Last edited by tazanastazio; 2nd June 2020 at 06:59 PM.
Old 2nd June 2020, 07:06 PM   #768
Matthew Ellard
Master Poster

You posted a video on quantum fluctuation which examples how a particle and its anti-particle can come into existence from "0" (in a vacuum).

Did you forget you posted this video?

Are you now admitting you never watched the video you posted as your evidence?
Old 4th June 2020, 10:09 AM   #769
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Again think from an infinite perspective, at what point energy (wave) turns into matter (particle) and vice versa!

In the meantime I'm gonna go and put together a tune on the guitar or the piano.
I don't think I have ever posted in this thread but I do occasionally drop in for a good giggle or two.

Solve 0 + 0 = ?

How about 0 + 0 = (-1) + (+1)

We are living in the (+1). Our doppelgangers live in the other one.

Bring us together and we are nothing.
Old 5th June 2020, 04:20 AM   #770
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Am I supposed to answer "0 + 0 = The Infinite"?
Old 5th June 2020, 05:10 AM   #771
Steve
Philosopher

In the words of the philosopher Billy Preston:

Nothing from nothing leaves nothing.
Old 8th June 2020, 09:44 PM   #772
Nakani
Muse

2) Long before the quantum fluctuation was a you tube sensation among the aficionados of science, "a thing" to put it colloquially, since 2009 if I recall correctly, I've been telling you that THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS ABSOLUTE NOTHING AND VOID! And you were till recently in this very thread denying it. I was telling you about Infinitely minute particles (both in size and in reference to their extend), I had brought the example back then of the tv screen dot phenomenon (the one when your tv is not getting a signal) and how you get out of three colors an infinite number of different pictures. I have already told you how I conceived the concept back in 2001, while walking home from work one night, which concept soon later I discussed with people in person because blogging was not available yet (I believe I can find some of these people if ever I needed to provide proof about this).
Hello,
Let me say, you have incredible patience.

I forgot all about this thread, I tried to read all of it but by about page ten I had to skip ahead a bit.

Absolute Nothing isn't a big empty space, it isn't tainted by things. Take what you consider Nothing to be and put it between some things. Now press the things together until they touch, that is the Void.

Last edited by Nakani; 8th June 2020 at 09:48 PM.
Nakani is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2020, 03:47 AM   #773
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Originally Posted by Nakani View Post
Hello,
Let me say, you have incredible patience.

I forgot all about this thread, I tried to read all of it but by about page ten I had to skip ahead a bit.

Absolute Nothing isn't a big empty space, it isn't tainted by things. Take what you consider Nothing to be and put it between some things. Now press the things together until they touch, that is the Void.
Or a deeply unsatisfying sandwich.
Old 10th June 2020, 01:05 PM   #774
Nakani
Muse

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
Or a deeply unsatisfying sandwich.
Bacon, lettuce and taomato? Sounds delicious!
Nakani is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2020, 04:02 PM   #775
Nakani
Muse

Tazanastazio,
Instead of tiny balls I see vibrations. I look at the space like your guitar strings. If you give it a strum then tap the string above the 12th fret you cut the wave in half, you can do it again on the 6th,3rd and so on until it is too small. I would consider this the Planck length of your guitar.

I see the universe consisting of intersecting vibrations at the Planck length. The intersections being the still points and the length is the vibration. I am still unsure of the configuration of this matrix though. I started with tetrahedron, went full circle and now I'm back to tetrahedron again. The other day I thought maybe the reason for the first vibration is the flaw in the way tetrahedrons fit together.

Regardless the configuration, in my universe light travels via shock wave through this matrix, just like sound through the air.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy