ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Reply
Old 16th May 2016, 07:43 PM   #2161
FalseFlag
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,706
Originally Posted by DGM View Post
You still have never actually backed up any of your assertions.
Example?
FalseFlag is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th May 2016, 08:07 PM   #2162
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing
 
jaydeehess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: 40 miles north of the border
Posts: 20,812
Originally Posted by FalseFlag View Post
For those that complain the picture is too small to read, go here -
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/sys...rHigherRes.jpg
Your playlist


Edited by Loss Leader:  Removed hotlinked picture.

Last edited by Loss Leader; 17th May 2016 at 04:32 PM.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th May 2016, 08:13 PM   #2163
FalseFlag
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,706
Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post
Your playlist
Can't you point out just one?
FalseFlag is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th May 2016, 08:27 PM   #2164
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian
 
LSSBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: An elusive house at Bachelors Grove Cemetery
Posts: 15,597
Originally Posted by FalseFlag View Post
Can't you point out just one?
Why should he, when you can do that yourself?

If you denied the existence of railroad ties, and someone refuted you and pointed to a pile of railroad ties, why would he have to pick one up and drop it on your head?

Go look at the pile yourself.

Of course I fully anticipate a response that will amount to further dragging on the conversation so you can avoid the inevitable concession of the point, which you apparently have a morbid fear of.
__________________
"Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have." (Eckhart Tolle, 2004)
LSSBB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th May 2016, 08:49 PM   #2165
ProBonoShill
Master Poster
 
ProBonoShill's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,125
Originally Posted by FalseFlag View Post
For those that complain the picture is too small to read, go here -
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/sys...rHigherRes.jpg

Calling a statement a logical fallacy does not mean it is one. You might want to spend a little time studying this poster. Then, go back and correct your errors. Have fun.

Oh, I almost forgot. Does anyone have an experiment proving Cole is wrong?
Cole's experiment is a joke and so is he.

You might want to look at the "Burdon of Proof" part of your little poster before embarrassing yourself further.
You seem to do that quite a bit so I'm sure the warning will go unheeded.

How's the new investigation coming? Have started that second job yet to help fund it?

I must say the lurkers don't seem very impressed with your dedication to the truth.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=174815


Edited by Loss Leader:  Edited for hotlinked image
__________________
"CD does not prove 9/11 was an inside job. It only proves CD"- FalseFlag

Last edited by Loss Leader; 17th May 2016 at 04:33 PM.
ProBonoShill is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th May 2016, 11:36 PM   #2166
Mentalpygmy
Student
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 35
Originally Posted by FalseFlag View Post

For those that complain the picture is too small to read, go here -
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/sys...rHigherRes.jpg

Calling a statement a logical fallacy does not mean it is one. You might want to spend a little time studying this poster. Then, go back and correct your errors. Have fun.

Oh, I almost forgot. Does anyone have an experiment proving Cole is wrong?
What would this hypothetical experiment look like?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Loss Leader; 17th May 2016 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Hotlinking
Mentalpygmy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2016, 01:05 AM   #2167
Tony Szamboti
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,965
Originally Posted by FalseFlag View Post
For those that complain the picture is too small to read, go here -
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/sys...rHigherRes.jpg

Calling a statement a logical fallacy does not mean it is one. You might want to spend a little time studying this poster. Then, go back and correct your errors. Have fun.

Oh, I almost forgot. Does anyone have an experiment proving Cole is wrong?
Nobody here will prove Jon Cole wrong. Those here who claim he is somehow wrong, without actually being able to say why, are clearly involved in a form of group think that is akin to group mental masturbation in the sense that nothing fruitful comes out of their discussions.

You are doing a good job holding their feet to the fire and making them deal with that which doesn't allow them to keep on stroking with nonsense.

Last edited by Loss Leader; 17th May 2016 at 04:33 PM. Reason: hotlinking
Tony Szamboti is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2016, 01:21 AM   #2168
Crazy Chainsaw
Illuminator
 
Crazy Chainsaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,738
Originally Posted by Tony Szamboti View Post
Nobody here will prove Jon Cole wrong. Those here who claim he is somehow wrong, without actually being able to say why, are clearly involved in a form of group think that is akin to group mental masturbation in the sense that nothing fruitful ever comes out of their discussions.

You are doing a good job holding their feet to the fire.
F=MA, MA<R, Collapse arrests, MA>R, Collapse is constantly accelerated though resistance, by Gravity. All Cole's models are MA<R the real events are MA>R. A real engineering professional would know that and would not be making an intellectually dishonest statement in support of Fraud.

Simple math that obviously you can't or refuse not to do proves him wrong.

Care to make another dishonest statement Tony, Cole Even admitted it in the Webinar he did.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2016, 01:23 AM   #2169
JSanderO
Master Poster
 
JSanderO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: nyc
Posts: 2,683
Originally Posted by Tony Szamboti View Post
Nobody here will prove Jon Cole wrong. Those here who claim he is somehow wrong, without actually being able to say why, are clearly involved in a form of group think that is akin to group mental masturbation in the sense that nothing fruitful comes out of their discussions.

You are doing a good job holding their feet to the fire and making them deal with that which doesn't allow them to keep on stroking with nonsense.
They have said why - SCALE... you can't scale mechanical interactions.
JSanderO is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2016, 01:28 AM   #2170
Tony Szamboti
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,965
Originally Posted by JSanderO View Post
They have said why - SCALE... you can't scale mechanical interactions.
Scaling is not necessary to explain the principle that deceleration is needed for amplified impact loading to occur.

Your arguments would also be good examples of group mental masturbation. They are painful to read.

Last edited by Tony Szamboti; 17th May 2016 at 01:32 AM.
Tony Szamboti is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2016, 01:50 AM   #2171
Crazy Chainsaw
Illuminator
 
Crazy Chainsaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,738
Originally Posted by Tony Szamboti View Post
Scaling is not necessary to explain the principle that deceleration is needed for amplified impact loading to occur.

Your arguments would also be good examples of group mental masturbation. They are painful to read.
Scaling Changes the Force's energy Value, and Cole himself admitted the energy values he is using are not representative of the real event, you haven't got a clue just like FF, a true believer in the woo.

I can prove Cole wrong by simply dropping a few hammers on a Diet Mt. Dew can, on 4 pounds , one 8 pounds, one sixteen pounds, the energy values change with scale, and energy
Values determine motion though resistance.

Would you like me to drop the hammers, and an excavator 44000 pounds on a mountain Dew can, and video tape it too show you that energy values matter, or are you done being intellectually dishonest Tony?
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2016, 01:58 AM   #2172
ozeco41
Philosopher
 
ozeco41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Moss Vale, NSW, Australia
Posts: 7,377
Originally Posted by Tony Szamboti View Post
Scaling is not necessary to explain the principle that deceleration is needed for amplified impact loading to occur.
Agreed. "Scaling" has been a "miss the main point" sidetrack taken by a lot of debunkers in their attempts at rebutting Coles models.
Originally Posted by Tony Szamboti View Post
Your arguments would also be good examples of group mental masturbation.
...except that Sander - like me - is not a signed and committed member of "The Group". We are both renegades - so distrusted by both sides.

Originally Posted by Tony Szamboti View Post
They are painful to read.
Disagree "painful".

Sander gets so much right then stops just short of "full truth"...so "slightly frustrating" BUT definitely NOT "painful".
ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2016, 02:47 AM   #2173
JSanderO
Master Poster
 
JSanderO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: nyc
Posts: 2,683
Originally Posted by ozeco41 View Post
Agreed. "Scaling" has been a "miss the main point" sidetrack taken by a lot of debunkers in their attempts at rebutting Coles models.
...except that Sander - like me - is not a signed and committed member of "The Group". We are both renegades - so distrusted by both sides.

Disagree "painful".

Sander gets so much right then stops just short of "full truth"...so "slightly frustrating" BUT definitely NOT "painful".
hahahaha and Sander is not interested in publishing or publicity or proving anything. Sander is interested in understanding and you and Cole and the other truthers have nothing to add to my understanding of the events related to the collapses at the WTC. Others can "prove" that truther pronouncements are wrong... And many "debunkers" appear to be wrong as well in many of their pronouncements.

Hell no... Sander is not part of any group... Most who think for themselves are not groupies.
JSanderO is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2016, 02:52 AM   #2174
ozeco41
Philosopher
 
ozeco41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Moss Vale, NSW, Australia
Posts: 7,377
Originally Posted by JSanderO View Post
Hell no... Sander is not part of any group... Most who think for themselves are not groupies.


Me2
ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2016, 02:54 AM   #2175
pgimeno
Illuminator
 
pgimeno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 3,259
Originally Posted by Tony Szamboti View Post
Nobody here will prove Jon Cole wrong.
Several people have already. Post 2109 is the latest instance I'm aware of.


Originally Posted by Tony Szamboti View Post
Scaling is not necessary to explain the principle that deceleration is needed for amplified impact loading to occur.
There was. Your point?
__________________
Ask questions. Demand answers. But be prepared to accept the answers, or don't ask questions in the first place.
pgimeno is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2016, 03:43 AM   #2176
pgimeno
Illuminator
 
pgimeno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 3,259
Originally Posted by pgimeno View Post
I'm sure he has been very busy but he will admit he was wrong any time now.

Hold your breath, it's almost there.
You seem to be turning purple... Just a bit more, he's about to admit it.
__________________
Ask questions. Demand answers. But be prepared to accept the answers, or don't ask questions in the first place.
pgimeno is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2016, 04:29 AM   #2177
rwguinn
Penultimate Amazing
 
rwguinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: 16 miles from 7 lakes
Posts: 10,853
Originally Posted by ozeco41 View Post
You didn't work for the Ministry of Transportation down there is Australia, did you?
__________________
"Political correctness is a doctrine,...,which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
"
I pointed out that his argument was wrong in every particular, but he rightfully took me to task for attacking only the weak points." Myriad http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?postid=6853275#post6853275
rwguinn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2016, 04:53 AM   #2178
NoahFence
Psycho Kitty
 
NoahFence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Patriot Nation
Posts: 21,113
Originally Posted by FalseFlag View Post
Example?
NIST's collapse time that you laughably think is on or around 6 seconds.
__________________
you to the ignorant, uneducated portion ofAmerica too short sighted to see what's right in front of your cheeto loving faces.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2016, 04:54 AM   #2179
NoahFence
Psycho Kitty
 
NoahFence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Patriot Nation
Posts: 21,113
Originally Posted by Tony Szamboti View Post
Nobody here will prove Jon Cole wrong. Those here who claim he is somehow wrong, without actually being able to say why, are clearly involved in a form of group think that is akin to group mental masturbation in the sense that nothing fruitful comes out of their discussions.

You are doing a good job holding their feet to the fire and making them deal with that which doesn't allow them to keep on stroking with nonsense.
Edited by Agatha:  Edited breach of rule 0 and rule 12
__________________
you to the ignorant, uneducated portion ofAmerica too short sighted to see what's right in front of your cheeto loving faces.

Last edited by Agatha; 18th May 2016 at 05:14 AM.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2016, 04:57 AM   #2180
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles
 
Dave Rogers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Cair Paravel, according to XKCD
Posts: 25,085
Originally Posted by Tony Szamboti View Post
Scaling is not necessary to explain the principle that deceleration is needed for amplified impact loading to occur.
Someone explained to me recently how deceleration wasn't necessary for collapse, though. Now who was that?

Dave
__________________
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2016, 05:07 AM   #2181
NoahFence
Psycho Kitty
 
NoahFence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Patriot Nation
Posts: 21,113
Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
Someone explained to me recently how deceleration wasn't necessary for collapse, though. Now who was that?

Dave
Tough to keep the story straight when it's so dependent on lying. This is why there is only one "official story" as they call it. Because it's the truth.

The rest of us call it reality.
__________________
you to the ignorant, uneducated portion ofAmerica too short sighted to see what's right in front of your cheeto loving faces.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2016, 06:43 AM   #2182
JSanderO
Master Poster
 
JSanderO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: nyc
Posts: 2,683
Originally Posted by ozeco41 View Post
Agreed Ozzie... What would be interesting would be to see some discussion of post strike to downward movement take place... like what WAS going on inside those tops?
JSanderO is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2016, 07:45 AM   #2183
Spanx
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,020
Originally Posted by Tony Szamboti View Post
Nobody here will prove Jon Cole wrong..
I personally think that the people who need to prove anything are the ones who claim explosives, arsonists, shills etc.

All this nonsense is just a distraction in the hope the money will keep coming IMO.
Spanx is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2016, 07:55 AM   #2184
Crazy Chainsaw
Illuminator
 
Crazy Chainsaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,738
Originally Posted by Spanx View Post
I personally think that the people who need to prove anything are the ones who claim explosives, arsonists, shills etc.

All this nonsense is just a distraction in the hope the money will keep coming IMO.
Distraction is not the word I would use, something that stinks and comes from the north end of a male bovine headed south would be more appropriate.

Tony, Cole, and Gage really need the money.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2016, 08:00 AM   #2185
ProBonoShill
Master Poster
 
ProBonoShill's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,125
Originally Posted by Tony Szamboti View Post
Nobody here will prove Jon Cole wrong. Those here who claim he is somehow wrong, without actually being able to say why, are clearly involved in a form of group think that is akin to group mental masturbation in the sense that nothing fruitful comes out of their discussions.

You are doing a good job holding their feet to the fire and making them deal with that which doesn't allow them to keep on stroking with nonsense.
How's your new investigation coming along champ? How does it feel to be a failure after almost 16 years?

Maybe you should get some those guys on your little petition who are actually qualified to speak on this matter because you're obviously not. Makes one wonder why all those engineers on your petition never do anything. Hmmmm
__________________
"CD does not prove 9/11 was an inside job. It only proves CD"- FalseFlag
ProBonoShill is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2016, 08:01 AM   #2186
ProBonoShill
Master Poster
 
ProBonoShill's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,125
Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
Someone explained to me recently how deceleration wasn't necessary for collapse, though. Now who was that?

Dave
LMAO
__________________
"CD does not prove 9/11 was an inside job. It only proves CD"- FalseFlag
ProBonoShill is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2016, 08:22 AM   #2187
WilliamSeger
Master Poster
 
WilliamSeger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,285
Originally Posted by Tony Szamboti View Post
Nobody here will prove Jon Cole wrong. Those here who claim he is somehow wrong, without actually being able to say why, are clearly involved in a form of group think that is akin to group mental masturbation in the sense that nothing fruitful comes out of their discussions.

You are doing a good job holding their feet to the fire and making them deal with that which doesn't allow them to keep on stroking with nonsense.
In the first experiment in the video, Cole drops an arbitrary weight on some planks of cement board, and when the weight stops falling after breaking only a few of them, he concludes that this experiment proves that "pancake" collapse is impossible. Are you seriously suggesting that "nobody here will prove" that there's something seriously wrong with that logic?
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2016, 08:36 AM   #2188
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles
 
Dave Rogers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Cair Paravel, according to XKCD
Posts: 25,085
Originally Posted by WilliamSeger View Post
In the first experiment in the video, Cole drops an arbitrary weight on some planks of cement board, and when the weight stops falling after breaking only a few of them, he concludes that this experiment proves that "pancake" collapse is impossible. Are you seriously suggesting that "nobody here will prove" that there's something seriously wrong with that logic?
Tony's in a bit of a bind when you say things like that. Deep down, he knows that the whole Newton's Third Jonathan Cole's made up law argument that each upper floor can only destroy one lower floor is complete and utter bollocks. However, he can't actually admit that, because Cole's on his side, and admitting that someone on his side is talking complete and utter bollocks may give the impression that everyone on his side is talking complete and utter bollocks. So he'll sidestep the issue of whether he agrees with the Newton's Third Jonathan Cole's made up law argument ad infinitum, because being honest enough to even discuss the issue is personally impossible for him. It must make him very uncomfortable, and lead him to say some quite abusive things to relieve the cognitive dissonance.

Dave
__________________
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2016, 08:51 AM   #2189
Crazy Chainsaw
Illuminator
 
Crazy Chainsaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,738
Originally Posted by WilliamSeger View Post
In the first experiment in the video, Cole drops an arbitrary weight on some planks of cement board, and when the weight stops falling after breaking only a few of them, he concludes that this experiment proves that "pancake" collapse is impossible. Are you seriously suggesting that "nobody here will prove" that there's something seriously wrong with that logic?
Please don't use the word logic in the same paragraph as one of Cole's Butchery of reason,
Fallacy is the most appropriate word we can use in a civil forum.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2016, 09:26 AM   #2190
WilliamSeger
Master Poster
 
WilliamSeger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,285
Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
Tony's in a bit of a bind when you say things like that. Deep down, he knows that the whole Newton's Third Jonathan Cole's made up law argument that each upper floor can only destroy one lower floor is complete and utter bollocks. However, he can't actually admit that, because Cole's on his side, and admitting that someone on his side is talking complete and utter bollocks may give the impression that everyone on his side is talking complete and utter bollocks. So he'll sidestep the issue of whether he agrees with the Newton's Third Jonathan Cole's made up law argument ad infinitum, because being honest enough to even discuss the issue is personally impossible for him. It must make him very uncomfortable, and lead him to say some quite abusive things to relieve the cognitive dissonance.

Dave
You'd think that a better strategy would be to focus on someone on his side who isn't talking complete and utter bollocks, huh.

But I can't find any, either.

Last edited by WilliamSeger; 17th May 2016 at 09:30 AM. Reason: sp
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2016, 09:47 AM   #2191
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing
 
Oystein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 15,163
Originally Posted by WilliamSeger View Post
In the first experiment in the video, Cole drops an arbitrary weight on some planks of cement board, and when the weight stops falling after breaking only a few of them, he concludes that this experiment proves that "pancake" collapse is impossible. Are you seriously suggesting that "nobody here will prove" that there's something seriously wrong with that logic?
The first problem in this model, and several others I have seen, is that the first drop is from a much greater height than all the following.
The first plank can break, because delta-PE is larger than what the plank can dissipate only on that first large drop. The next drops release far less PE - less than the planks dissipate - collapse is slowed and eventually stopped.

The WTC had equally spaced "planks" (floors; core beams) that were equally strong. If the first fails, then all the others must fail (as long as conditions stay within such bounds that the same mechanisms will be incurred), because all floors can dissipate the same amount of energy, while delta-PE increases from storey to storey as mass is acreted to the debris layer.

Any model that attempts to recreate the conditions for the real WTC collapse progression must make sure that drop heights are equal from first to last.
__________________
Thermodynamics hates conspiracy theorists. (Foster Zygote)
Oystein is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2016, 10:23 AM   #2192
Crazy Chainsaw
Illuminator
 
Crazy Chainsaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,738
Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
The first problem in this model, and several others I have seen, is that the first drop is from a much greater height than all the following.
The first plank can break, because delta-PE is larger than what the plank can dissipate only on that first large drop. The next drops release far less PE - less than the planks dissipate - collapse is slowed and eventually stopped.

The WTC had equally spaced "planks" (floors; core beams) that were equally strong. If the first fails, then all the others must fail (as long as conditions stay within such bounds that the same mechanisms will be incurred), because all floors can dissipate the same amount of energy, while delta-PE increases from storey to storey as mass is acreted to the debris layer.

Any model that attempts to recreate the conditions for the real WTC collapse progression must make sure that drop heights are equal from first to last.
Don't forget that Gravitational PE, must be maintained and structural strength duplicated, any model that neglects the proper energy values will fail to duplicate the motions produced in the real events.
Tony and Cole have to know this, a model can be made that duplicates the motions, but
It would require better engineering than we have seen from Cole or Tony.

It would have to be 60ft lower section, and roughly 20 ft upper section, weighted properly, and sufficiently weak connection strength. 1/4 inch standard bolts, connecting floors.
That's what I used to duplicate the motions to duplicate the chemical reactions in the fires.
Used a winch to lift the top section then pulled the pin on the cable.
My winch truck had 150ft of cable, and I added another 350ft to suspend the 20ft section above a Clift.

The outer curtain wall was wire mess and thin metal.

I wasn't interested in Cole's arguments at the time just the chemistry, Cole wasn't even considered, nor was Tony.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2016, 11:32 AM   #2193
tfk
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,454
Originally Posted by Tony Szamboti View Post
Scaling is not necessary to explain the principle that deceleration is needed for amplified impact loading to occur.
First thing, nice dodge. That is not the question under discussion.

The question is, “If you completely ignore Buckingham Pi-Theorem, scaling, & Dimensional Analysis (under the incompetent assertion that “only the direction of forces matter”, does your model produce reliable results?”

In other words, does Jonathan Cole possess some sort of Special Dispensation that allows him to ignore, in this one case, the same experimental procedures that every other competent experimenter has been required to follow for the past 150 years in order to make his experimental results be valid?

THAT is the pertinent question.

If (as I anticipate) you typically & incompetently assert that Cole is the one & only engineer on the planet who does get that Special "You Don't Have To Follow The Rules" Dispensation from Mother Nature, please, please explain to us WHY that is true.

And, in the process, shred the last remaining tatters of your mechanical engineering credibility?

Is it because he is so good looking?

Is it because he threatened Mother Nature that he would "hold his breath until he turned blue if she didn't give him his way"?

Is it because he's from Texas, & none of the rest of the world's rules apply there?

Can the rest of the world now also ignore the last 150 years of experimental procedures, the previously unyielding, inviolate requirement that we pay exquisite attention to scaling & dimensional analysis, and substitute the trivial-to-achieve "Cole's Law" that, "as long as your forces act in the correct direction, all experiments will give valid results, no matter how cluelessly conceived & executed."

Geeee, how much easier all those silly lab classes & annoyingly difficult-to-plan & bitch-to-execute experiments are going to be, now that we can build our models in any slip-shod manner, out of any material, and simply put linear bearings on our force applicators to make sure that those forces "act in the right direction".
__

As a related aside …

How long do you think that it will take before "Cole's Law” is enshrined on plaques hung on the walls of Engineering Labs across the globe?

Perhaps its arrival will be delayed because all those Plaque Engravers have been stymied, trying to figure out the graphic required to show a “moon-sized object serenely perched on top of a house” in order to memorialize “Bjorkman’s Law”?

By the way, when Cole, Bjorkman & you are fast-tracked into the National Academy of Engineering for your pioneering work on “the Special Theory of 9/11 Engineering”, will you be mounting a campaign to get Bazant tossed out on his keister?

While you’re taking care of that little issue, who is going to take on the job of getting him tossed from the US National Academy of Science? Who is going to take care of washing his stain from the National Academies of Engineering of Austria, England, Spain, Italy, Czechoslovakia & Europe?

How about getting his 7 honorary PhDs revoked? His von Karman medal, L’Hermite medal & his Timoshenko medal revoked?

You wouldn’t be so heartless as to strip him of his threeZdenek Bazant medals”, would you?? (Well, in all fairness, ONLY TWO of those medals are named after him. One is named after his grandfather. The POSEUR...!!)

I think that it’s fair to say that it’ll be a cold day in hell before he’s up for the Szamboti Prize, eh Tony. Or The highly coveted Bjorkman Medal. Based on the last post above, doesn't look good for the Ozeco Award, either...
__

LMAO at Delusions of Engineering Mediocrity.

What do you think are the odds that Cole is Just Spouting Crappola because he publishes only on YouTubez for the consumption of ignorant amateurs?

How about the odds that, if he were to submit his Special Dispensation in a paper destined for a peer reviewed engineering journal, he'd be laughed out of contention?

Ahhhh. Now I think we're getting back to reality ...

tom

PS. Regarding your other “thoroughly thrashed, 10-years expired, equine”, it has been explained to you at least 100 times, in 10 different ways, that there is absolutely no need for an "amplified impact loading” to occur in order for the collapse to continue to the ground.

So the rest of your statement is irrelevant.
tfk is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2016, 11:34 AM   #2194
tfk
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,454
Originally Posted by ozeco41 View Post
Agreed. "Scaling" has been a "miss the main point" sidetrack taken by a lot of debunkers in their attempts at rebutting Coles models.
O really?

Scaling is a "miss the main point sidetrack" in a thread whose title starts with the phrase, "If it doesn't agree with experiment, ..."

That's instructive to find out, oz.

You want to bet your "engineering credibility" on this assertion?

Last edited by tfk; 17th May 2016 at 11:39 AM.
tfk is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2016, 11:41 AM   #2195
GlennB
Loggerheaded, earth-vexing fustilarian
 
GlennB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pie City, Arcadia
Posts: 21,283
Originally Posted by tfk View Post
First thing, nice dodge. That is not the question under discussion.

The question is, “If you completely ignore Buckingham Pi-Theorem, scaling, & Dimensional Analysis (under the incompetent assertion that “only the direction of forces matter”, does your model produce reliable results?”

In other words, does Jonathan Cole possess some sort of Special Dispensation that allows him to ignore, in this one case, the same experimental procedures that every other competent experimenter has been required to follow for the past 150 years in order to make his experimental results be valid?....

So the rest of your statement is irrelevant.
Snipped for brevity. I'd nominate this if only we still bothered with a vote on these matters around here.

eta: And for bringing back fond memories of Heiwa and the "5 mile drop" (I think it was )
__________________
"Even a broken clock is right twice a day. 9/11 truth is a clock with no hands." - Beachnut

Last edited by GlennB; 17th May 2016 at 11:42 AM.
GlennB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2016, 12:02 PM   #2196
tfk
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,454
I'd like to point out an interesting point.
Well, "interesting to me", at least.

Originally Posted by ozeco41 View Post
... Sander - like me - is not a signed and committed member of "The Group". We are both renegades ...

Originally Posted by JSanderO View Post
Hell no... Sander is not part of any group... Most who think for themselves are not groupies.
Szamboti, Cole, Bjorkman & Gage are also extraordinarily proud of the fact that they "aren't influenced by the consensus of experts within the pertinent field", but rather "think for themselves" in a field completely outside of their own fields of expertise (just like structural engineering, engineering modeling & collapse dynamics are for you, Sander & oz).

Perhaps a little reining in of the old ego, perhaps a little more credence to the opinions of real experts, perhaps a little less consensus of complete amateurs, would be a wiser choice.
tfk is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2016, 03:00 PM   #2197
tfk
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,454
Originally Posted by JSanderO View Post
They have said why - SCALE... you can't scale mechanical interactions.
OF COURSE you can scale mechanical interactions.

You simply have to scale them ... correctly.
tfk is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2016, 03:31 PM   #2198
Crazy Chainsaw
Illuminator
 
Crazy Chainsaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,738
Originally Posted by tfk View Post
OF COURSE you can scale mechanical interactions.

You simply have to scale them ... correctly.
Exactly recreate the energy values of the real event in the model, one way is to lay the model on it's side and use mechanical energy equal to the gravitational PE.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2016, 04:50 PM   #2199
carlitos
"más divertido"
 
carlitos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 17,684
If it doesn't agree with experiment...

There is another guy out there with this same theory:

The article:
Man wants to recreate 9/11 in a field to see if it was a hoax or something

His fundraising website:
September 11th Redux

Maybe yankee451 can build his wing and crash it in the same field.

ETA - oops - there is already a separate thread about this. http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=307015

Last edited by carlitos; 17th May 2016 at 04:56 PM.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2016, 05:26 PM   #2200
MicahJava
Master Poster
 
MicahJava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,239
Originally Posted by WilliamSeger View Post
In the first experiment in the video, Cole drops an arbitrary weight on some planks of cement board, and when the weight stops falling after breaking only a few of them, he concludes that this experiment proves that "pancake" collapse is impossible. Are you seriously suggesting that "nobody here will prove" that there's something seriously wrong with that logic?
By "pancake collapse", do you mean the floors failing first and then dragging the core structure down with it? If so, how on earth can that still be a viable explanation with the North Tower antenna dropping before the perimeter?
MicahJava is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:42 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2014, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.
This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.