ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 19th May 2016, 06:25 PM   #2481
ProBonoShill
Master Poster

Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
So as I suspected no video, let me know when you find one, you'll be the first.

Quote:
Already answered.
Your answer was laughably wrong, learn math.

Quote:
ProBonoShill, what do you think was the cause of the percussive noise heard in the CBS footage and the Ashleigh Banfield footage? Was it floors partially collapsing or did a bunch of oil transformers decide to blow up at that moment?
No idea, like I said it could have been many things, read and learn:

http://www.debunking911.com/explosions.htm

One thing it wasn't for sure was the telltale successive explosions of a CD.

What do you think it was?
Old 19th May 2016, 06:30 PM   #2482
MicahJava
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by ProBonoShill View Post
So as I suspected no video, let me know when you find one, you'll be the first.
Collapse or Explosion? A Discussion of the WTC “Sounds of Explosions” Issue by Adam Taylor

Quote:
Your answer was laughably wrong, learn math.
Your question is laughable wrong considering that you expect everyone to believe that fire did all of the work.

Quote:
No idea, like I said it could have been many things, read and learn:

http://www.debunking911.com/explosions.htm

One thing it wasn't for sure was the telltale successive explosions of a CD.

What do you think it was?
ProBonoShill, what do you think was the cause of the percussive noise heard in the CBS footage and the Ashleigh Banfield footage? Was it floors partially collapsing or did a bunch of oil transformers decide to blow up at that moment?

Last edited by MicahJava; 19th May 2016 at 06:30 PM. Reason: formatting
MicahJava is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th May 2016, 06:30 PM   #2483
ProBonoShill
Master Poster

It would seem that only eight stories worth of demolition devices in the core would be enough to destroy seven. So, size doesn't really seem to be that much of an issue.
It would seem eh? Why don't you explain it to us, show us the math and the amount required.

What about the other two, no explosives used there only in building 7?
Old 19th May 2016, 06:36 PM   #2484
ProBonoShill
Master Poster

??? That isn't a video. Do you not understand what a video is? There are hundreds if not thousands available, why can't you provide even one???

Quote:
Your question is laughable wrong considering that you expect everyone to believe that fire did all of the work.
So no math then? Good job! I'm sure that will help on your quest for a new investigation.

Quote:
Already answered, try reading for comprehension next time.

No what do you think it was?
Old 19th May 2016, 06:43 PM   #2485
MicahJava
Graduate Poster

It would seem eh? Why don't you explain it to us, show us the math and the amount required.

What about the other two, no explosives used there only in building 7?
Seismic signals of explosions are not needed if the explosives are not directly connected to the ground, as is the case with that Las Vegas demo. Obviously, anybody with foreknowledge of the airplane attacks would know that they would crash pretty high up in the buildings. Either way, according to NIST, "Neither the duration of the seismic records nor video evidence (due to obstruction of view caused by debris clouds) are reliable indicators of the total time it took for each building to collapse completely."

Last edited by MicahJava; 19th May 2016 at 06:47 PM. Reason: clarifications
MicahJava is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th May 2016, 06:44 PM   #2486
FalseFlag
Banned

Originally Posted by tfk View Post
I've told you that I've got >40 years experience as a mechanical engineer.
I don't believe you.
FalseFlag is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th May 2016, 06:48 PM   #2487
FalseFlag
Banned

Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
Was WTC7 collapsing the ONLY historical first that day?
Was the collapse of WTC7 the first time a steel-framed high-rise completely collapsed? Nope. It was the third.
FalseFlag is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th May 2016, 06:48 PM   #2488
Crazy Chainsaw
Illuminator

Explosive devices designed to rip through solid steel are probably factored out. They are too loud and they leave obvious damage on the steel which was not noticed or seen in photographs.

As for "shrapnel", a while back I gave some examples of shrapnel injuries by WTC victims/survivors.
There should have been shrapnel embedded in the steel.
You only have a few possible devices and no evidence of any.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th May 2016, 06:49 PM   #2489
JSanderO
Master Poster

Seismic signals of explosions are not needed if they are not directly connected to the ground, as is the case with that Las Vegas demo. Obviously, anybody with foreknowledge of the airplane attacks would know that they would crash pretty high up in the buildings. Either way, according to NIST, "Neither the duration of the seismic records nor video evidence (due to obstruction of view caused by debris clouds) are reliable indicators of the total time it took for each building to collapse completely."
This is true... so what is the significance of the total collapse times for the two towers? What can you tell from the time it took them to go from static to totally collapsed?
JSanderO is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th May 2016, 06:50 PM   #2490
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by FalseFlag View Post
I am not an expert. I never said I never had any education in the field of physics.

Your statement is the apotheosis of the skeptic's modus operandi: they take a statement, and then twist it to have a meaning that suits their purpose.
Your post show your level of physics education.

Everyone here can read.......

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th May 2016, 06:50 PM   #2491
MicahJava
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Crazy Chainsaw View Post
There should have been shrapnel embedded in the steel.
Why?
Old 19th May 2016, 06:56 PM   #2492
Crazy Chainsaw
Illuminator

Why?
Any thing that is energetic enough to cut the steel would have to have been energetic
Enough to introduce shrapnel inclusions into the steel.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th May 2016, 06:57 PM   #2493
MicahJava
Graduate Poster

Any thing that is energetic enough to cut the steel would have to have been energetic
Enough to introduce shrapnel inclusions into the steel.
I said before, typical cutter charges would not have been used to demolish the three buildings.
Old 19th May 2016, 06:59 PM   #2494
FalseFlag
Banned

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
Your post show your level of physics education.

Everyone here can read.......
Are you sure? I don't think you would post that if you had read the posts in this thread. I already passed the physics test. You don't get to use that argument anymore.

Just admit that you are a skeptic because you can't give up the fantasy that you fight so hard to cling to. That really is the root of the issue.

Last edited by FalseFlag; 19th May 2016 at 07:10 PM.
Old 19th May 2016, 07:08 PM   #2495
Crazy Chainsaw
Illuminator

I said before, typical cutter charges would not have been used to demolish the three buildings.
Then what are you suggesting?
Old 19th May 2016, 07:12 PM   #2496
MicahJava
Graduate Poster

Then what are you suggesting?
If it was a CD, perhaps explosive devices, combined with pre-weakening of the structure, designed to remove the structure by attacking the weld points, joints, or bolts.

Collapse or Explosion? A Discussion of the WTC “Sounds of Explosions” Issue by Adam Taylor

Last edited by MicahJava; 19th May 2016 at 07:12 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 19th May 2016, 07:14 PM   #2497
ProBonoShill
Master Poster

Seismic signals of explosions are not needed if the explosives are not directly connected to the ground, as is the case with that Las Vegas demo. Obviously, anybody with foreknowledge of the airplane attacks would know that they would crash pretty high up in the buildings. Either way, according to NIST, "Neither the duration of the seismic records nor video evidence (due to obstruction of view caused by debris clouds) are reliable indicators of the total time it took for each building to collapse completely."

What does that gibberish have to do with what I wrote?????

Please focus and answer the questions.

Try one at a time if it helps.

Do you think explosives were used to bring down the buildings?

How many pounds of explosives would it take to bring down WTC 1?

How many pounds of explosives would it take to bring down WTC 2?

How many pounds of explosives would it take to bring down WTC 7?

Show the math please. Once you calculate the amount of explosives required, tell us if they would register on a Seismic Recording device.

You do know readings were taken that day don't you?

http://www.ldeo.columbia.edu/LCSN/Eq...C_LDEO_KIM.pdf

Why can't you produce a video with the successive loud bands of a CD when hundreds exist?

What do you think was responsible for the explosion Ashley Banfield heard? Do you think that mirrors a controlled demolition in any way?

I mean if you can't answer these simple questions, how do expect anyone to support a new investigation?

The lurkers are watching and waiting for you to impress them. Show them what you got!
Old 19th May 2016, 07:15 PM   #2498
NoahFence
Psycho Kitty

Was the collapse of WTC7 the first time a steel-framed high-rise completely collapsed? Nope. It was the third.
Yep. The third that had massive fires raging unchecked after suffering irreparable damage.

Not too shabby! You're learning.
Old 19th May 2016, 07:17 PM   #2499
NoahFence
Psycho Kitty

Now you're an explosives expert?
Old 19th May 2016, 07:18 PM   #2500
ProBonoShill
Master Poster

Are you sure? I don't think you would post that if you had read the posts in this thread. I already passed the physics test. You don't get to use that argument anymore.

Just admit that you are a skeptic because you can't give up the fantasy that you fight so hard to cling to. That really is the root of the issue.
LOL You failed the physics tests badly and if I were you, I'd be hoping this thread and it's predecessor get buried deep in this sub forum never to be revived. Not understanding scale and simple gravity laws is excusable for an 8 year old, not a grown adult who purports to be studying the building collapses of 9/11.

Even the lurkers are embarrassed for you.
Old 19th May 2016, 07:19 PM   #2501
MicahJava
Graduate Poster

What does that gibberish have to do with what I wrote?????

Please focus and answer the questions.

Try one at a time if it helps.

Do you think explosives were used to bring down the buildings?

How many pounds of explosives would it take to bring down WTC 1?

How many pounds of explosives would it take to bring down WTC 2?

How many pounds of explosives would it take to bring down WTC 7?

Show the math please. Once you calculate the amount of explosives required, tell us if they would register on a Seismic Recording device.

You do know readings were taken that day don't you?

http://www.ldeo.columbia.edu/LCSN/Eq...C_LDEO_KIM.pdf

Why can't you produce a video with the successive loud bands of a CD when hundreds exist?

What do you think was responsible for the explosion Ashley Banfield heard? Do you think that mirrors a controlled demolition in any way?

I mean if you can't answer these simple questions, how do expect anyone to support a new investigation?

The lurkers are watching and waiting for you to impress them. Show them what you got!
I simply wouldn't know how to calculate how loud an explosive device would be if it was designed to knock off columns and girders by their welds/joints/bolts, nor how much explosives it would take. Why not ask somebody else?
Old 19th May 2016, 07:19 PM   #2502
ProBonoShill
Master Poster

Enlighten us, what do you think was used then?
Old 19th May 2016, 07:25 PM   #2503
MicahJava
Graduate Poster

Enlighten us, what do you think was used then?
Maybe that OEM engineer used his psychic powers to wish 8 stories away.
Old 19th May 2016, 07:26 PM   #2504
FalseFlag
Banned

Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
Yep. The third that had massive fires raging unchecked after suffering irreparable damage.
Massive? Your understanding of that word is disappointing. I hope I am not the only person you have disappointed after using that word.
Old 19th May 2016, 07:27 PM   #2505
ProBonoShill
Master Poster

I simply wouldn't know how to calculate how loud an explosive device would be if it was designed to knock off columns and girders by their welds/joints/bolts, nor how much explosives it would take. Why not ask somebody else?
Okay, so now we know you have no idea the amount of explosives it would take to bring down the buildings and what amount would show up on a seismograph. I suggest performing a search in this sub-forum, the answers are available, providing you want to stop being lazy and learn.

What about the other questions?

You missed a few:

Old 19th May 2016, 07:27 PM   #2506
Crazy Chainsaw
Illuminator

It would be loud, why not just over toque the bolts?
Old 19th May 2016, 07:27 PM   #2507
FalseFlag
Banned

You failed the physics tests badly
Please provide evidence to support your claim.
Old 19th May 2016, 07:28 PM   #2508
Axxman300
Graduate Poster

Yes, actually, they would be necessary. They would have been loud too.
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th May 2016, 07:29 PM   #2509
ProBonoShill
Master Poster

Maybe that OEM engineer used his psychic powers to wish 8 stories away.
Why do you have such trouble answering simple questions?

If you can't communicate clearly, how do you expect to get a new investigation?
Old 19th May 2016, 07:29 PM   #2510
FalseFlag
Banned

Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
Yes, actually, they would be necessary. They would have been loud too.
I'm sure they were. That's why Ashley Banfield's mic picked them up. That's also why they were edited out of the NIST videos.
Old 19th May 2016, 07:30 PM   #2511
waypastvne
Critical Thinker

"If the strategically placed charges had been detonated below ground, they would have delivered about the same amount of energy as a magnitude-1.1 earthquake, a small blip on a seismograph probably not strong enough to be felt by people.

But with the charges positioned above ground instead of within the crust -- where the release of strain results in powerful earthquakes -- the Aladdin implosion didn't even register on the nearby seismograph at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, according to geology professor Dave Weide."

https://web.archive.org/web/20121003.../10963838.html

No, It appears that all the explosions caught on video were also recorded in the seismic record.

In this video for instance :

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

The shadows in the video coincide with the time of 11:01:07 in the seismograph recording.

The position of the sun is approximately here in the video.

The angle of the sun at 11:01:07 is 137.96 deg. which matches the video.

This same explosion was was captured on three other videos and all explosions captured appear to coincide with the times 11:01:07 11:15:04 and 11:29:46.

The source of the explosions is most likely a gas leak originating from here:

The 11:29:46 explosion can defiantly be confirmed as a gas explosion because the people are running up the street yelling 'gas leak, gas leak" before the explosion occurs in two separate videos.

Now, would you like to show us where your pre collapse WTC 7 explosion was recorded in the seismic record ?
waypastvne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th May 2016, 07:31 PM   #2512
ProBonoShill
Master Poster

Please provide evidence to support your claim.
Here and here.

You're welcome!
Old 19th May 2016, 07:31 PM   #2513
FalseFlag
Banned

Please post links to the hundreds of videos of the collapse of WTC7 that you claim exist. If you actually find one where the explosions can clearly be heard, I promise the FBI will be knocking on your door soon.
Old 19th May 2016, 07:32 PM   #2514
FalseFlag
Banned

Here and here.

You're welcome!
I will say "thank you" when you actually complete the task.
Old 19th May 2016, 07:32 PM   #2515
MicahJava
Graduate Poster

Okay, so now we know you have no idea the amount of explosives it would take to bring down the buildings and what amount would show up on a seismograph. I suggest performing a search in this sub-forum, the answers are available, providing you want to stop being lazy and learn.

What about the other questions?

You missed a few:

As always, you are referring to commercial explosive devices designed to blow through solid steel and concrete. It's not really the holy grail argument against CD.
Old 19th May 2016, 07:34 PM   #2516
FalseFlag
Banned

Originally Posted by waypastvne View Post
No, It appears that all the explosions caught on video were also recorded in the seismic record.
LOL. It amazes me how far skeptics will go to try to debunk a fact.
Old 19th May 2016, 07:35 PM   #2517
FalseFlag
Banned

Originally Posted by waypastvne View Post
The 11:29:46 explosion can defiantly be confirmed as a gas explosion because the people are running up the street yelling 'gas leak, gas leak" before the explosion occurs in two separate videos.
Please post this video.
Old 19th May 2016, 07:36 PM   #2518
ProBonoShill
Master Poster

I'm sure they were. That's why Ashley Banfield's mic picked them up. That's also why they were edited out of the NIST videos.
There are hundreds of videos available, you were asked before to provide one with the extremely loud, successive bangs associated with a CD. You dodged that request like a champ, care to try again?

Remember the lurkers are watching.
Old 19th May 2016, 07:38 PM   #2519
FalseFlag
Banned

There are hundreds of videos available, you were asked before to provide one with the extremely loud, successive bangs associated with a CD. You dodged that request like a champ, care to try again?

Remember the lurkers are watching.
Why waste my time?
Old 19th May 2016, 07:39 PM   #2520
NoahFence
Psycho Kitty

Massive? Your understanding of that word is disappointing. I hope I am not the only person you have disappointed after using that word.
Anyone who doesn't use the word "massive" or a synonym of it to describe them is either suffering from a head injury or didn't get enough oxygen at birth.

That's science!

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories