ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 10th June 2016, 08:15 AM   #2921
NoahFence
Psycho Kitty

Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
This took me 20 seconds to track down because I'm not an idiot:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB100014...14292502152144

20 Seconds? That's gotta be a record. Usually it takes between 10-15 seconds to prove something FF says is false.
Old 10th June 2016, 09:57 AM   #2922
skyeagle409
Master Poster

World Trade Center Developer Denied Right to Pursue $3.5B From Airlines

Real estate developer Larry Silverstein was denied the right to seek $3.5 billion from airlines whose planes were hijacked by terrorists and flown into the World Trade Center’s twin towers on Sept. 11, 2001.

http://www.newsmax.com/US/silverstei.../18/id/515852/

Last edited by skyeagle409; 10th June 2016 at 10:02 AM.
skyeagle409 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2016, 10:02 AM   #2923
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Originally Posted by FalseFlag View Post
Please post a link to a credible source that supports your claims.
WTC 7

http://www.911myths.com/html/wtc7_pulled.html

Larry Silverstein Lose Battle

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB100014...14292502152144

Last edited by skyeagle409; 10th June 2016 at 10:45 AM.
skyeagle409 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2016, 10:50 AM   #2924
Axxman300
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
20 Seconds? That's gotta be a record. Usually it takes between 10-15 seconds to prove something FF says is false.
I was at work doing something else at the same time.
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th June 2016, 03:44 PM   #2925
FalseFlag
Banned

This proves he lost a court case. Where is the proof that Silverstein lost billions?

I'm not an idiot.
So far, the evidence does not support your claim.
FalseFlag is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th June 2016, 03:46 PM   #2926
FalseFlag
Banned

Originally Posted by skyeagle409 View Post
Which link, and where in that link, does it say Silverstein lost billions? Losing a court case is not the same as losing billions.
FalseFlag is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th June 2016, 04:17 PM   #2927
skyeagle409
Master Poster

This proves he lost a court case. Where is the proof that Silverstein lost billions?

On the contrary, it's right there in black and while that Larry Silverstein lost the court battle with the airlines and failed to gain the billions of dollars he requested.

Larry Silverstein Insurance dispute

The insurance policies for World Trade Center buildings 1 WTC, 2 WTC, 4 WTC and 5 WTC had a collective face amount of $3.55 billion. Following the September 11, 2001, attacks, Silverstein sought to collect double the face amount ($7.1 billion) on the basis that the two separate airplane strikes into two separate buildings constituted two occurrences within the meaning of the policies.

The total potential payout, therefore, was capped at $4.577 billion for buildings 1, 2, 4, and 5.
Old 11th June 2016, 04:28 PM   #2928
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Which link, and where in that link, does it say Silverstein lost billions? Losing a court case is not the same as losing billions.
Larry Silverstein insured for too small an amount, he’d also failed to complete policy negotiations before the attacks occurred. As a result he’s been involved with legal fights with the insurers for years, and can only claim $4.6 billion instead of the $7 billion.
Old 11th June 2016, 05:57 PM   #2929
FalseFlag
Banned

Larry Silverstein insured for too small an amount, he’d also failed to complete policy negotiations before the attacks occurred. As a result he’s been involved with legal fights with the insurers for years, and can only claim $4.6 billion instead of the $7 billion.
Once again, your claims do not prove that he lost billions. Yes, he received a lower amount than what he wanted, but he did not actually lose money. He simply did not receive as much as he wanted.
Old 11th June 2016, 05:58 PM   #2930
Axxman300
Graduate Poster

Reading and reading comprehension are key to problem solving.

Why not post another video that undermines CD again, those are hilarious.
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th June 2016, 06:05 PM   #2931
Axxman300
Graduate Poster

Once again, your claims do not prove that he lost billions. Yes, he received a lower amount than what he wanted, but he did not actually lose money. He simply did not receive as much as he wanted.
No. Had he been properly insured he would have received over two BILLION dollars more. Since he did not, he received two BILLION dollars LESS.

Simple subtraction, not even physics, and you fail.
Old 11th June 2016, 08:56 PM   #2932
FalseFlag
Banned

Since he did not, he received two BILLION dollars LESS.
One does not lose when one receives more than one had to begin with. Is that so hard to comprehend?

Quote:
Simple subtraction, not even physics, and you fail.
How does "comprehension of an issue" equal "fail"?
Old 11th June 2016, 10:29 PM   #2933
skyeagle409
Master Poster

One does not lose when one receives more than one had to begin with. Is that so hard to comprehend?

How does "comprehension of an issue" equal "fail"?
Once again, Larry Silverstein not only lost the court battle, he lost the billions.

Last edited by skyeagle409; 11th June 2016 at 10:34 PM.
Old 11th June 2016, 10:30 PM   #2934
skyeagle409
Master Poster

You have to understand that Larry Siliverstein lost billions and it is history already.

Larry Silverstein Loses Billions

A federal judge on Thursday rejected developer Larry Silverstein's bid to recover billions of dollars from two airlines whose planes were used in the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, a significant setback in his nearly decadelong fight for more money to rebuild the World Trade Center.

Last edited by skyeagle409; 11th June 2016 at 10:33 PM.
Old 11th June 2016, 10:33 PM   #2935
Axxman300
Graduate Poster

You have to understand that Larry Siliverstein lost billions and it is history already.
Welcome to the board!

False Flag is a troll, he's not here for productive reasons.
Old 11th June 2016, 10:53 PM   #2936
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Welcome to the board!

False Flag is a troll, he's not here for productive reasons.
Thank you!

He throws reality out of the window.
Old 12th June 2016, 06:19 AM   #2937
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Show how he "received more then he had to begin with"?

Remember, he didn't own the Towers and none of that money went directly to him. He was responsible for replacing the asset.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th June 2016, 04:11 PM   #2938
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
Show how he "received more then he had to begin with"?

Remember, he didn't own the Towers and none of that money went directly to him. He was responsible for replacing the asset.
Bump.

I'm sure FF wants to set the record straight here.............

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th June 2016, 05:53 PM   #2939
FalseFlag
Banned

Bump.

I'm sure FF wants to set the record straight here.............
Let's make this easy - easy enough for a skeptic to understand.

Suppose I have no cookies. I ask my mommy for two cookies. My mommy gives me one cookie. I asked for two, but I got one. Did I lose anything? No. I simply did not receive as much as I wanted.

Now, suppose I have two cookies. I drop one, and the dog eats it. Now I have one cookie. I had two cookies, but now I have one. I lost a cookie.

Do you see the difference? Of course you do; it's simple enough for any skeptic to understand.
Edited by zooterkin:  <SNIP>
Edited for rule 0 and rule 12.

Last edited by zooterkin; 13th June 2016 at 06:00 AM.
Old 12th June 2016, 05:55 PM   #2940
FalseFlag
Banned

Once again, Larry Silverstein not only lost the court battle, he lost the billions.
How did he lose something he never had?
Old 12th June 2016, 05:57 PM   #2941
Axxman300
Graduate Poster

How did he lose something he never had?
He still had to replace the buildings, and since the insurance payment came in low he had to finance the difference himself.
Old 12th June 2016, 06:03 PM   #2942
FalseFlag
Banned

He still had to replace the buildings, and since the insurance payment came in low he had to finance the difference himself.
Proof?
Old 12th June 2016, 06:23 PM   #2943
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Let's make this easy - easy enough for a skeptic to understand.

Suppose I have no cookies. I ask my mommy for two cookies. My mommy gives me one cookie. I asked for two, but I got one. Did I lose anything? No. I simply did not receive as much as I wanted.

Now, suppose I have two cookies. I drop one, and the dog eats it. Now I have one cookie. I had two cookies, but now I have one. I lost a cookie.

Do you see the difference? Of course you do; it's simple enough for any skeptic to understand. Now, will you admit that you understand this? No. Why? Because you can't. Doesn't it suck to be someone else's bitch?
So you can show he profited from 9/11. Go for it. I will hand you your ass on a plate showing you are wrong. Go for it.

ETA: Your example is so disjointed I can't even think of a way to reply.........

Last edited by DGM; 12th June 2016 at 06:27 PM.
Old 12th June 2016, 06:37 PM   #2944
Axxman300
Graduate Poster

Proof?
Proof is the new World Trade Center complex. None of those buildings were free.

Thanks for playing.
Old 13th June 2016, 01:31 AM   #2945
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Didn't he make out like a Bandit?
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2016, 08:02 AM   #2946
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Didn't he make out like a Bandit?
No! He continued to pay rent in the millions of dollars on buildings that did not exist after 9/11, and remember, there was a 99-year least he signed before the 9/11 attack. He needed billions to rebuild and lost a court battle with the airlines.
Old 13th June 2016, 10:09 AM   #2947
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

No! He continued to pay rent in the millions of dollars on buildings that did not exist after 9/11, and remember, there was a 99-year least he signed before the 9/11 attack. He needed billions to rebuild and lost a court battle with the airlines.
'Made out like a Bandit' was the favourite phrase of one of our long time Truthers.
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2016, 06:13 PM   #2948
FalseFlag
Banned

So you can show he profited from 9/11. Go for it. I will hand you your ass on a plate showing you are wrong. Go for it.
You are implying Silverstein lost money. Please post your proof.

Quote:
ETA: Your example is so disjointed perfect I can't even think of a way to reply.........
FTFY
Old 13th June 2016, 06:15 PM   #2949
FalseFlag
Banned

Proof is the new World Trade Center complex. None of those buildings were free.

Thanks for playing.
True. Please explain how they financed.
Old 13th June 2016, 06:49 PM   #2950
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Do your homework and then, come back and tell us how much it cost to rebuild the World Trade Center?
Old 13th June 2016, 07:24 PM   #2951
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

You are implying Silverstein lost money. Please post your proof.

FTFY
You claim he profited. I'm not taking your shift of proof. He would have been much better off if 9/11 never happened.

I will give you a hint. Something happened in 2006, a deal between SSP and the NYNJPA that proves he could not have made a profit from the insurance payouts and took away all future profit from the tower site (that he would have made it 9/11 never happened)

Do your homework and try to support your claim. I will feed your ass to you on a platter.

Last edited by DGM; 13th June 2016 at 07:32 PM.
Old 13th June 2016, 07:47 PM   #2952
FalseFlag
Banned

Do your homework and then, come back and tell us how much it cost to rebuild the World Trade Center?
Why? I have already said I'm not going to do your busy work just so you can ignore facts.

You made the claim, you have the burden of proof.
Old 13th June 2016, 07:49 PM   #2953
FalseFlag
Banned

You claim he profited.
Where?

Go ahead and "hand my ass to me". Go ahead and post something I never said. I never said he profited. I only questioned the claim "he lost billions".
How can you consider yourself a credible skeptic if you make such blatant errors?
Old 13th June 2016, 07:50 PM   #2954
FalseFlag
Banned

Do your homework and try to support your claim. I will feed your ass to you on a platter.
Oh, just so you know, your frustration is showing, and the lurkers are amused.
Old 13th June 2016, 10:35 PM   #2955
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Why? I have already said I'm not going to do your busy work just so you can ignore facts.

You made the claim, you have the burden of proof.
Just to let you know, whenever a Truther fails to answer the question, it is an indication that he/she is on the ropes.
Old 13th June 2016, 10:36 PM   #2956
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Perhaps, amused at your inability to refute the facts with evidence.
Old 13th June 2016, 11:13 PM   #2957
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Just to let you know, whenever a Truther fails to answer the question, it is an indication that he/she is on the ropes.
In addition to the appeal to lurkers.

Funny how those "lurkers" never turn up, isn't it?

What prevents these "lurkers" from signing up and making themselves known?

Are these "lurkers" real? Who knows. Yet FF appeals to these mythical "lurkers".

After all, it is not difficult to sign up. I have a vision of these mythical "lurkers" being confounded by the concept of a keyboard. That's tricksy magic.
Old 14th June 2016, 12:10 AM   #2958
Mentalpygmy
Student

Observation from the Lurkers Gallery;

It looks like FF is tired of life. Almost on the verge of given up.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Mentalpygmy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th June 2016, 02:20 AM   #2959
Cosmic Yak
Graduate Poster

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
You claim he profited..
Where?

Go ahead and "hand my ass to me". Go ahead and post something I never said. I never said he profited. I only questioned the claim "he lost billions".
How can you consider yourself a credible skeptic if you make such blatant errors?
Sigh....
FF, this is too easy. You'll have to try harder if you want to impress your mythical fan club.
Old 14th June 2016, 03:19 PM   #2960
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Where?

Here:

But you did say he profited. I'm not sure how many but the use of "billions" is not out of the park considering how much he could have made if he still had the towers.

Show proof the "lurkers are amused" by my post. Yet another claim you can't back-up.

Proof?
I gave you this one. Look up the 2006 deal with the PANYNJ. Your laziness is biting you in the ass.

Last edited by DGM; 14th June 2016 at 03:25 PM.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories