ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 14th June 2016, 05:13 PM   #2961
ProBonoShill
Master Poster

Originally Posted by FalseFlag View Post
Oh, just so you know, your frustration is showing, and the lurkers are amused.
LOL, since your arrival 7 more lurkers have voted against you. Are they paid by the government too?

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...ht=9%2F11+poll
Old 14th June 2016, 07:26 PM   #2962
FalseFlag
Banned

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
But you did say he profited.
Where? Why can't you post the exact text you claim exists?
FalseFlag is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th June 2016, 08:07 PM   #2963
NoahFence
Psycho Kitty

Evidence he can't post it?
Old 14th June 2016, 08:41 PM   #2964
FalseFlag
Banned

Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
Evidence he can't post it?
2 of 50
FalseFlag is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th June 2016, 01:44 AM   #2965
Cosmic Yak
Graduate Poster

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
This has already been done, twice.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...5#post11332365

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...9#post11333509
Old 15th June 2016, 03:10 AM   #2966
Wolrab
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
He did ask for exact wording, not the exact same meaning! FF wins the internet's!!!11!!
"Such reports are usually based on the sighting of something the sighters cannot explain and that they (or someone else on their behalf) explain as representing an interstellar spaceship-often by saying "But what else can it be?" as though thier own ignorance is a decisive factor." Isaac Asimov
Wolrab is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th June 2016, 01:46 PM   #2967
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

The lurkers are laughing at your desperation:

One does not lose when one receives more than one had to begin with. Is that so hard to comprehend?
Does "receiving more" mean you did not gain (profit) in your world? Is this hard for you to comprehend or do words have diferant meanings where you live?

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41

Last edited by DGM; 15th June 2016 at 01:47 PM.
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th June 2016, 06:25 PM   #2968
FalseFlag
Banned

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
You still have not posted the text you claim exists.
Old 15th June 2016, 06:28 PM   #2969
FalseFlag
Banned

Does "receiving more" mean you did not gain (profit) in your world?
No.

Suppose I have no money whatsoever. I have a bill that is due in the amount of $1. Someone gives me $1. I use that $1 to pay my bill.

Did I profit? Did I lose money?
Old 15th June 2016, 06:33 PM   #2970
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

No.

Suppose I have no money whatsoever. I have a bill that is due in the amount of $1. Someone gives me $1. I use that $1 to pay my bill.

Did I profit? Did I lose money?
You profited by one dollar. That profit was taken and used to pay a debt, you are now ahead one dollar you previously owed but now you don't.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41

Last edited by DGM; 15th June 2016 at 06:36 PM.
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th June 2016, 07:22 PM   #2971
FalseFlag
Banned

You profited by one dollar. That profit was taken and used to pay a debt, you are now ahead one dollar you previously owed but now you don't.
OK. Using that same logic, please tell me how much Silverstein received from his settlements and how he used that money.
Old 15th June 2016, 07:33 PM   #2972
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

OK. Using that same logic, please tell me how much Silverstein received from his settlements and how he used that money.
Are able to do anything other than parrot 911 truth lies? Have you told the FBI you have failed to find evidence for your failed claims on 9/11?

Why do you apologize for the 19 murderers from UBL with idiotic claims based on nonsense? Are you of Islam?
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th June 2016, 07:34 PM   #2973
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

As far as the towers are concerned he did not get the payments. The PANYNJ that owned the asset would be the first payee on any settlement made. I told you to look at the 2006 agreement, this is explained. He lost money in the forfeit of the lease (he's still on the hook for other WTC buildings). On his own building (WTC7) he used the money to rebuild and after costs he had to reinvest about $100M in additional cash.

Last edited by DGM; 15th June 2016 at 07:36 PM.
Old 15th June 2016, 07:59 PM   #2974
ProBonoShill
Master Poster

I thought you were a twoofer and willing do whatever it takes?

Why don't you know this and so many other things related to 9/11?

How are you supposed to get your new investigation when you're so lazy?
Old 16th June 2016, 02:03 AM   #2975
Cosmic Yak
Graduate Poster

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
You still have not posted the text you claim exists.
You have to click on the links, mate.
Edited by Agatha:  Removed breach of rule 0. Be civil and polite

Last edited by Agatha; 17th June 2016 at 05:44 AM.
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th June 2016, 06:36 PM   #2976
FalseFlag
Banned

There have been more than 5500 posts in this thread and its predecessor, and no one has shown, by experiment, that Cole's conclusions are wrong.

It's time to put this conversation to bed.

Cole wins by default, and by virtue of his victory, the CD theory of the demolition of WTC1 and WTC2 is the most valid hypothesis.

+1 for Cole, Newton, firecrackers, and common sense.

Thanks for playing.

In case you arrived late to the party, here is a link to the video that started it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJNzaMRsN00

Last edited by FalseFlag; 17th June 2016 at 06:41 PM.
Old 17th June 2016, 07:13 PM   #2977
Crazy Chainsaw
Illuminator

There have been more than 5500 posts in this thread and its predecessor, and no one has shown, by experiment, that Cole's conclusions are wrong.

Cole wins by default, and by virtue of his victory, the CD theory of the demolition of WTC1 and WTC2 is the most valid hypothesis.

Thanks for playing.

In case you arrived late to the party, here is a link to the video that started it all.

Wrong you admitted Cole's experiments are intellectually dishonest, as you know MA<R collapse stops, MA>R Collapse is accelerated by gravity as per Newtonian physics.

You admitted as much, so your last post can be ignored as you and Cole, should be ignored as intellectually dishonest spam.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th June 2016, 07:18 PM   #2978
FalseFlag
Banned

Originally Posted by Crazy Chainsaw View Post
Wrong you admitted Cole's experiments are intellectually dishonest, as you know MA<R collapse stops, MA>R Collapse is accelerated by gravity as per Newtonian physics.

You admitted as much, so your last post can be ignored as you and Cole, should be ignored as intellectually dishonest spam.
5 of 50. No question.
Old 17th June 2016, 07:46 PM   #2979
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Apparently, experts do not agree with you because there is no CD evidence and you know it as well, which is evident by the fact you have not posted the video time lines that I have posted and requested from you.

The reason why you have not posted the video time lines is because you are well aware that there are no video time lines depicting CD explosions in any WTC video where explosions are heard as the WTC buildings collapsed.

In regard to your video at time line 6:30, it was lucky for my keyboard that I was not holding a cup of coffee when I saw that highly flawed experiment as he was addressing the pancake collapse and it was evident to me that he is totally ignorant of the way things are in the real world because structural supports would have continued to fail as each floor collapsed upon one another.

Last edited by skyeagle409; 17th June 2016 at 07:58 PM.
skyeagle409 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th June 2016, 08:11 PM   #2980
ProBonoShill
Master Poster

Thanks for playing.

Cole is a complete moron and only those lacking in a basic understanding of simple physics would be dumb enough to believe his idiocy.

Ohh wait....
Old 17th June 2016, 08:16 PM   #2981
Crazy Chainsaw
Illuminator

5 of 50. No question.
It is your duty to show Cole's experiments, have validity, you have failed miserably, you even admitted Cole was wrong, you just can't admit it to yourself, motion the same, impacts different, energy values change the experimental results.
Not a hard concept for anyone but you and Johnathan Cole to understand.
Cole's experiments are thous falsified, for stupidity of over simplification and lack of logical Validity.
If the experiment doesn't agree with Logic, and math the experiment is falsified.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th June 2016, 08:37 PM   #2982
ozeco41
Philosopher

Originally Posted by ProBonoShill View Post
Cole is a complete moron and only those lacking in a basic understanding of simple physics would be dumb enough to believe his idiocy.

Ohh wait....
Sadly from my perspective Cole is not a "complete moron". He is one of five engineers who I have encountered who post on the internet with the deliberate intention of using their professional knowledge to mislead. Not many after ~35K posts over ~8 years and about 5 forums but....that is five too many.

Two of them IMO "genuinely obsessed" truthers to the extent that their commitment to "the cause" overrides any thought of professional integrity.

One - from AU - a malicious troll but never active on this forum.
ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th June 2016, 08:44 PM   #2983
ozeco41
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Crazy Chainsaw View Post
It is your duty to show Cole's experiments, have validity, you have failed miserably, you even admitted Cole was wrong, you just can't admit it to yourself, motion the same, impacts different, energy values change the experimental results.
Not a hard concept for anyone but you and Johnathan Cole to understand.
Cole's experiments are thous falsified, for stupidity of over simplification and lack of logical Validity.
If the experiment doesn't agree with Logic, and math the experiment is falsified.
Cole's experiments - 4 out of 5 of them - are based on a wrong mechanism.

So they are falsified BEFORE we even get to the logic or maths.

Somewhat like my first comment about T Szamboti's claims:
Quote:
The paper referenced as Engineering Reality by Tony Szamboti is typical of many which look impressive in detail to the non-engineer. The complex calculations may even be correct but the base premises are faulty and the resulting conclusions can readily be demonstrated to be totally wrong.
That was late 2007. Long before "Missing Jolt" and all those other examples of T Sz's "false starting premises" SOP. Which it seems Cole has adopted also.

No point arguing about "which leaf" or "which tree" if you are in the wrong forest. And 4 out of 5 of Cole's experiments are in the wrong forest.
ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th June 2016, 09:11 PM   #2984
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Fascinating how so many cranks on so many different subjects feel a such an urge to declare victory.

Moon hoax cranks do it. Chemtrail cranks do it. Jfk cranks do it and so forth.

Those cranks seem to think that they are in some form of competition which must be won at all costs regardless of any facts. It seems to matter not a whit if the hoax du jour is even vaguely sane. Our reptilian overlords spring to mind. Or the notion the everything is a false flag. After all, not a single air crash exists that has not been claimed as fake. The inevitable consequence is that no air crash exists at all.
Old 17th June 2016, 09:34 PM   #2985
ProBonoShill
Master Poster

Originally Posted by ozeco41 View Post
Sadly from my perspective Cole is not a "complete moron". He is one of five engineers who I have encountered who post on the internet with the deliberate intention of using their professional knowledge to mislead. Not many after ~35K posts over ~8 years and about 5 forums but....that is five too many.

Two of them IMO "genuinely obsessed" truthers to the extent that their commitment to "the cause" overrides any thought of professional integrity.

One - from AU - a malicious troll but never active on this forum.
Well that leaves two options "Cole is a complete moron" or he's one of those "using their professional knowledge to mislead" either way, his credibility is sorely lacking. I've read some of his work, the engineers and scientists in various fields here at the ISF including yourself have taught me far more than he ever will.
Old 18th June 2016, 08:08 AM   #2986
Myriad
Hyperthetical

Thanks for playing.

Congratulations, you've won today's grand prize.

Which is... no new investigation, no political influence, no revision to history, no beautiful new bedroom set, and a fabulous vacation for Richard Gage in some exotic land, which you will pay for yourself.

Last edited by Myriad; 18th June 2016 at 08:10 AM.
Myriad is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th June 2016, 09:53 AM   #2987
BasqueArch
Graduate Poster

Thanks for playing.

In Cole’s experiment (3:30min.), he places (4) 1 /2” cement boards spanning 19” and places a 20# weight on them. Deflection is less than L/360. He drops the weight about 5 feet. It breaks through the first boards-floor and others that are about 4 inches apart. “In fact, dropping the steel weight on realistic supports always resulted in a deceleration and not acceleration, like we were led to believe.”

Cole’s experiment proves that if his weight drops = > 5 feet at each impact, the board-floors will not stop the weight from continuing to fall through the other boards-floor.
The tower floors dropped 12 feet at each collision, not 4 inches thus demonstrating, following his experiment’s conclusion, that the Tower’s accelerating falling floors could not have stopped the global progressive collapse.

This also shows that neither Cole’s experiment nor the natural global collapse of the Tower floors violate Newton’s laws of motion or engineering dynamics. It proves however that neither Cole nor FF know what they are talking about when they claim that this flawed experiment proves that the Towers floors were silently exploded.
In Your Guts You Know They're Nuts. "There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true." -Kierkegaard . "The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. "- Marcus Aurelius
A Truther is a True Believer convinced by lies. You can't reason someone out of a thing they weren't reasoned into.

Last edited by BasqueArch; 18th June 2016 at 10:07 AM.
BasqueArch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th June 2016, 06:00 PM   #2988
FalseFlag
Banned

Originally Posted by Myriad View Post
Congratulations, you've won today's grand prize.
Which is... no new investigation, no political influence,
...not yet.
Old 20th June 2016, 09:24 PM   #2989
Myriad
Hyperthetical

...not yet.

Well, come back tomorrow (or later today your time), and you can tomorrow's grand prize too. Care to guess what it is?
Old 21st June 2016, 03:21 AM   #2990
Wolrab
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Myriad View Post
Well, come back tomorrow (or later today your time), and you can tomorrow's grand prize too. Care to guess what it is?
A NEW CAR!*

*Matchbox because scale doesn" matter.
"Such reports are usually based on the sighting of something the sighters cannot explain and that they (or someone else on their behalf) explain as representing an interstellar spaceship-often by saying "But what else can it be?" as though thier own ignorance is a decisive factor." Isaac Asimov
Wolrab is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st June 2016, 06:36 PM   #2991
FalseFlag
Banned

Originally Posted by Wolrab View Post
A NEW CAR!*

*Matchbox because scale doesn" matter.
+1
Old 21st June 2016, 09:21 PM   #2992
skyeagle409
Master Poster

The reason why the Truthers CD theory wins is because:

1. No visible evidence of CD explosions

2. No audio evidence of CD explosions

3. No seismic evidence of CD explosions

4. No evidence of CD hardware

5. Structural experts have concluded that fire, not CD explosives, was responsible for the collapse of the WTC buildings

6. Firefighters have concluded that fire, not CD explosives, was responsible for the collapse of the WTC buildings

7. Demolition experts have concluded that fire, not CD explosives, was responsible for the collapse of the WTC buildings.

Other than that, what's left?! Truther CD victory surrounded by total lack of CD evidence after 15 years.
skyeagle409 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st June 2016, 09:24 PM   #2993
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Originally Posted by BasqueArch View Post

This also shows that neither Coleís experiment nor the natural global collapse of the Tower floors violate Newtonís laws of motion or engineering dynamics. It proves however that neither Cole nor FF know what they are talking about when they claim that this flawed experiment proves that the Towers floors were silently exploded.

I want to buy stock in the company that produces mufflers for CD explosives.
Old 22nd June 2016, 12:39 AM   #2994
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by skyeagle409 View Post
I want to buy stock in the company that produces mufflers for CD explosives.
Even at a safe range one can feel the shock wave of such explosives throughout the body. The muffler company will have to not only mask the sound but also the blast wave.

Methinks the twoofers have never been anywhere near an actual explosion.
Old 22nd June 2016, 01:03 AM   #2995
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Even at a safe range one can feel the shock wave of such explosives throughout the body. The muffler company will have to not only mask the sound but also the blast wave.

Perhaps, they should take a look at this video.

Demolition Explosion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfmNErY0FIU
Old 22nd June 2016, 04:26 AM   #2996
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by skyeagle409 View Post
Perhaps, they should take a look at this video.

Demolition Explosion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfmNErY0FIU
Yup, have seen that before. A good illustration of the blast wave. One would feel it even if blind and deaf.
Old 22nd June 2016, 04:31 AM   #2997
rwguinn
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post

The "blast wave" IS the sound, and vice versa...
I pointed out that his argument was wrong in every particular, but he rightfully took me to task for attacking only the weak points." Myriad http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?postid=6853275#post6853275
rwguinn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd June 2016, 04:56 AM   #2998
Crazy Chainsaw
Illuminator

Originally Posted by rwguinn View Post
When they shot my neibors Carbon test well, my whole freaking house shook and that was 8500 ft. Underground.
Old 22nd June 2016, 06:01 AM   #2999
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Yes but the twoofers equate any loud noise with a detonation. Therein rests the problem.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk
Old 22nd June 2016, 01:26 PM   #3000
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Which was absent during the collapse of the WTC buildings.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories