IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 3rd May 2019, 10:52 PM   #281
Lambchops
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Venom View Post
If you display the Nazi swastika you tacitly approve of mass murder and extermination.

You deserve prison or exile, let alone being egged or cold-cocked. That's beyond white nationalism or even white supremacy.
Old 3rd May 2019, 10:58 PM   #282
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

Originally Posted by I Am The Scum View Post
How do you know? What exactly are you looking for when you classify one of these guys as a "gasbag?" If, a week prior to the Christchurch shooting, I had shown you a video clip of the guy, would you have been able to identify him as a murderer?
Well he only killed a few dozen people, so you don't get to compare him to the "real Nazis who carried out the genocide of millions", even though only a few dozen of the "real Nazis" themselves actually did the killing while the rest also just happened to be idiots carrying insignia who approved of the killings. But never mind that part.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2019, 11:48 PM   #283
bluesjnr
Professional Nemesis for Hire

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
Thankfully Nazis haven't been in power for sometime so they haven't been able to kill millions of our fellow citizens for sometime. I'm happy about that and I'd like that to remain the case.
Thank you for underlining my point in your own words. As I said, I think you and I will be fine. I'm fairly confident that our cousins across the pond will be too, once they stop identifying people who voted differently than they did as Nazi's right out of the hat.
bluesjnr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2019, 11:49 PM   #284
bluesjnr

Originally Posted by Checkmite View Post
Well he only killed a few dozen people, so you don't get to compare him to the "real Nazis who carried out the genocide of millions", even though only a few dozen of the "real Nazis" themselves actually did the killing while the rest also just happened to be idiots carrying insignia who approved of the killings. But never mind that part.
bluesjnr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2019, 11:55 PM   #285
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by bluesjnr View Post
Thank you for underlining my point in your own words. As I said, I think you and I will be fine. I'm fairly confident that our cousins across the pond will be too, once they stop identifying people who voted differently than they did as Nazi's right out of the hat.
What's that got to do with the topic of this thread? This thread is about a self identifying Nazi.
If only it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago
Darat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2019, 12:05 AM   #286
cullennz
Banned

What's that got to do with the topic of this thread? This thread is about a self identifying Nazi.
It has started intermingling tbf

The term Nazi seems to be rather freely thrown around

Even on here

And yes I know this dude is carrying the insignia so openly says he is one
cullennz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2019, 12:30 AM   #287
bluesjnr

If it's off topic then why did you bring it up in the first place?

I thought this thread was about throwing eggs at Nazi's (or dolling out other forms of violence), whether clearly identified or not?

There has been some drift for sure.
Old 4th May 2019, 01:24 AM   #288
Checkmite

Originally Posted by cullennz View Post
...but we're going to go ahead and make the discussion about misidentified Nazis anyway, I take it.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2019, 01:38 AM   #289
bluesjnr

...but we're going to go ahead and make the discussion about misidentified Nazis anyway, I take it.
Are we?
Old 4th May 2019, 01:55 AM   #290
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

It has started intermingling tbf

The term Nazi seems to be rather freely thrown around

Even on here

As are all words and labels people believe are pejorative. But we aren't talking about such an example in this thread.
If only it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago
Darat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2019, 01:55 AM   #291
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

If it's off topic then why did you bring it up in the first place?

I thought this thread was about throwing eggs at Nazi's (or dolling out other forms of violence), whether clearly identified or not?

There has been some drift for sure.
I didnt.
Old 4th May 2019, 01:55 AM   #292
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Are we?
Your comments indicate you are.
Old 4th May 2019, 02:28 AM   #293
cullennz
Banned

Well no

He is obviously an idiot who has a fixation with Nazism and waves flags around and says he is a Nazi.

I meant that people are starting to say anyone who voted for the wrong person in the US are now being labelled Nazi's. Or at the very least far right racists.

It is pathetic

Last edited by cullennz; 4th May 2019 at 02:40 AM.
cullennz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2019, 02:43 AM   #294
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Well no

He is obviously an idiot who has a fixation with Nazism and waves flags around and says he is a Nazi.

I said that people are starting to say anyone who voted for the wrong person in the US are now being labelled Nazi's. Or at the very least far right racists.

It is pathetic
It is pathetic but it's the topic for another thread. This thread is about a genuine certified Holocaust-denying racist Nazi. He got egged.

But I think you're forgetting that "there are bad people on both sides". Do you not recall the LaRoucheys money-raising posters of Obama as Hitler?

It ain't just the left, which you imply with your highlighted comment.

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2019, 02:55 AM   #295
cullennz
Banned

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
It is pathetic but it's the topic for another thread. This thread is about a genuine certified Holocaust-denying racist Nazi. He got egged.

But I think you're forgetting that "there are bad people on both sides". Do you not recall the LaRoucheys money-raising posters of Obama as Hitler?

It ain't just the left, which you imply with your highlighted comment.
I haven't implied anything of the sort.

If you had to classify my view at all it is that it is all getting pathetic.

US politics has zero actual influence on me. But I watch the split that is going on seemingly globally and it is starting to annoy me.

I'm sick of this you have to be this or you are automatically that.

Be it left. You must be a commie, or a snowflake SJW (Which we have with our PM)

Or if you voted Trump you must be a racist white nationalist
Old 4th May 2019, 03:06 AM   #296
cullennz
Banned

With the tosser in the video

I haven't read anymore about it, so don't know if he has mental issues or whatever.

If he doesn't he is an idiot, but the denial that throwing something at someones head is not an act of violence that has been on this thread is ridiculous imo.

I would probably do it too if he actually did something annoying, but a bit of realism
Old 4th May 2019, 03:49 AM   #297
dann
Penultimate Amazing

This comparing idiots carrying insignia to an actual genocidal group who carried out the genocide of millions, and making out it is similar in terms of seriousness is bordering on the ridiculous

There was a time, the 1920s and the early 1930s, when the soon-to-be "actual genocidal group who carried out the genocide of millions" were just "idiots carrying insignia". A few of those idiots may actually have believed that Hitler was never going to go through with it, but nowadays you can't use that excuse anymore. We know for a fact what the Nazis did, we know what they represent. We know what the swastikas symbolize in politics.
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2019, 03:55 AM   #298
cullennz
Banned

Originally Posted by dann View Post
There was a time, the 1920s and the early 1930s, when the soon-to-be "actual genocidal group who carried out the genocide of millions" were just "idiots carrying insignia". A few of those idiots may actually have believed that Hitler was never going to go through with it, but nowadays you can't use that excuse anymore. We know for a fact what the Nazis did, we know what they represent. We know what the swastikas symbolize in politics.
I am perfectly aware of that.

There was also no global internet coverage making note of every incident to keep it in check.

The what about the 20's and 30's argument is kind of irrelevant when you have 5 iPhones streaming anything that looks like a group of dodgy people.

Which is kind of a good thing
Old 4th May 2019, 03:57 AM   #299
dann
Penultimate Amazing

If he doesn't he is an idiot, but the denial that throwing something at someones head is not an act of violence that has been on this thread is ridiculous imo.

If you are seriously worried about his health, you could start by asking him if he's allergic to Gallus Gallus domesticus. If he isn't, no problem. You can't egg a Nazi without breaking eggs.
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx

Last edited by dann; 4th May 2019 at 03:59 AM.
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2019, 04:08 AM   #300
cullennz
Banned

If you are seriously worried about his health, you could start by asking him if he's allergic to Gallus Gallus domesticus. If he isn't, no problem. You can't egg a Nazi without breaking eggs.
Worried about his health?

Way to miss the point

I couldn't give a rats if the idiot got hit by a bus, managed to survive, only to be tramped on by a Clydesdale horse, miraculously be grazed and then be hit by the entire AB forward pack who happened to be doing scrum practice just waiting for everything to move out of the way. I was just pointing out saying that throwing anything at some ones head is not an act of violence is denial
Old 4th May 2019, 06:03 AM   #301
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
We go through this every time! Can we (the pro-eggers) agree that it's at least "Assault Light"?
This guy who was hit in the eye by an egg might take issue with the "light" part.

Anyone who favors assaulting nazis (in the scenario being discussed, that is, neo nazis in the US behaving within the law), I invite you to answer (or simply contemplate if you prefer) the following questions...

Should violence be a last resort? If there are peaceful means to the same end, are those means preferred? Do you agree with me violence should only be used when necessary?

I assume it's your goal to silence/suppress nazis. Do you think actions like this accomplish said goal? How confident are you?

Do you agree with me that an action that fails to accomplish anything is not necessary?

Have you worked to change the laws so that espousing nazi identity / ideology is illegal?
Old 4th May 2019, 08:04 AM   #302
I Am The Scum
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Venom View Post
If you display the Nazi swastika you tacitly approve of mass murder and extermination.

You deserve prison or exile, let alone being egged or cold-cocked. That's beyond white nationalism or even white supremacy.
In addition to this, there are some who want to warn us that this guy might not be a "real nazi," that he's only displaying the nazi symbols to get a rise out of people. To that I say... so what? I honestly see no reason why I should be bothered that people who admire nazis but are too cowardly to follow through might get caught in the egg crossfire.

Yes, we might toss out the edgelord baby with the nazi bathwater. Wake me up when something important happens.
I Am The Scum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2019, 08:09 AM   #303
dann
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by varwoche View Post
Should violence be a last resort? If there are peaceful means to the same end, are those means preferred? Do you agree with me violence should only be used when necessary?

That's a silly question, and obviously the Nazis will answer, "No."
Even Olaf Stapledon, in his grotesque 'novel' Star maker (Wikipedia), praises the kind of eugenics where 'inferior races' voluntarily stop reproducing to let the 'superior race' take over. I'm sure that the Nazis would have loved that peaceful way of exterminating the Jews and the Gypsies and that they only resorted to violence because they doubted that it would work. (The idiots who praise this book should reread those paragraphs and consider what was happening in Europe at the time of its publication, 1937.)
You won't get anybody to say that violence should be used even when it isn't 'necessary'.
Old 4th May 2019, 08:15 AM   #304
dann
Penultimate Amazing

I was just pointing out saying that throwing anything at some ones head is not an act of violence is denial

In the case of the guy with the Nazi medallion, the video seems to show that the egg isn't even shelled, so I would probably describe it as an act of soiling rather than violence. If they'd used pig's blood, I would have used the same phrasing - unless it was still in a bottle when it hit him.
Old 4th May 2019, 08:27 AM   #305
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by luchog View Post
Your constant harping on this "No True Nazi" nonsense would actually be laughable at this point, if it wasn't a tactic straight out of the Daily Stormer propaganda guide.

Since you're stuck on this "the only Nazis were card-carrying party members in post-Weimar Germany," please to be explaining how many of those were actively and knowingly involved in "gassing" Jews and other "undesirables". I'll wait.

By your standard, there have only ever been a few hundred Nazis, ever, regardless of how many proudly wore the label and promoted the ideology.
As usual, you are ignoring the point to pearl-clutch at a straw man.

Comparing modern white supremacist losers to the Nazi party in 1930's Germany is making mountains out of molehills. They're just not the same. The new crew are just racists, adopting older symbols. They show no sign of actual political aspirations beyond shouting 'Trump hurr durr'. Why treat them as anything but what they are?

The loser in the OP was not talking about political ends. He was strictly talking about social white supremacy trash, and that's how he appears to me. Typical all-talk edgelord. Worthy of contempt and ridicule, but lacking the power that you and so many others are so willing to give him. You can live in fear of his awesome strength if you want. I think he's a joke. And I don't think it's wise to pick fights with jokes. You actually give him the moral high ground, as perverse as that may seem.

You want to fight back against these guys? Make some balloon representations epresentations of a very small white flaccid penis and a powerful large black one. God, they wold hate that and the association would be pure poison to potential recruits.

But no- you want to frame them as a powerful enemy that dann near conquered the word. Smart move.
Old 4th May 2019, 08:42 AM   #306
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

In addition to this, there are some who want to warn us that this guy might not be a "real nazi," that he's only displaying the nazi symbols to get a rise out of people. To that I say... so what? I honestly see no reason why I should be bothered that people who admire nazis but are too cowardly to follow through might get caught in the egg crossfire.

Yes, we might toss out the edgelord baby with the nazi bathwater. Wake me up when something important happens.
Because it makes you the bad guy, or at least the legal aggressor. Which is fine, if you are going for the rouge cowboy who makes his own rules thing. Just own it.

Its funny to watch the losers get hit by eggs. They deserve it, right? Its also funny to watch a pearl clutcher get his ass handed to him for thinking he could assault someone without recourse. The whole thing ends up being a real laugh riot. Imma be over here being the adult, tho. Play nice kids.
Old 4th May 2019, 08:52 AM   #307
autumn1971
Illuminator

Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
Sure, I'll admit it as long as you admit that you're condoning someone literally ******* insulting other races merely because they "think" they're superior. Hate speech, while it may be protected, doesn't mean it's condoned.

This whiny ******** defense needs to stop.

Yes, I'm ok with people that are inherently racist getting egged. Maybe not physically assaulted, but this is pretty harmless. I noticed you and Thermal aren't ******* crying about the people that suffered emotionally from some ******* glorifying people that killed millions.

Get the **** out of here with that nonsense. It's weak as hell.
I’m perfectly fine with white supremacists being violently assaulted.

This is simply the last battle of WWII.
'A knave; a rascal; an eater of broken meats; a base, proud, shallow, beggardly, three-suited, hundred-pound, filthy, worsted-stocking knave; a lily-livered, action-taking knave, a whoreson, glass-gazing, superservicable, finical rogue;... the son and heir of a mongral bitch: one whom I will beat into clamorous whining, if thou deniest the least syllable of thy addition."'
-The Bard
autumn1971 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2019, 09:10 AM   #308
I Am The Scum
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
Because it makes you the bad guy
If you have an argument in favor of this claim, let's hear it.
I Am The Scum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2019, 09:21 AM   #309
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Because it makes you the bad guy, or at least the legal aggressor. Which is fine, if you are going for the rouge cowboy who makes his own rules thing. Just own it.

Its funny to watch the losers get hit by eggs. They deserve it, right? Its also funny to watch a pearl clutcher get his ass handed to him for thinking he could assault someone without recourse. The whole thing ends up being a real laugh riot. Imma be over here being the adult, tho. Play nice kids.
I'm sorry buy stopping just shy of murdering someone in the most brutal way possible makes you the good guy in comparison to any Nazi.

I agree about your legal agressor point and as I said I don't think someone being a Nazi is grounds for vigilantism. Nazis and those advocating Nazism should of course be put through the legal system and locked up until we can be reasonable certain they no longer identify as Nazis.
Old 4th May 2019, 09:26 AM   #310
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

If you have an argument in favor of this claim, let's hear it.
Did so repeatedly. You physically assault someone commiting no crime nor posing imminent physical threat, you have committed simple assault in the US of A. Pretty cut and dry. There's no exemption for ' but he was a Nazi twat'.

Again, I'm not saying it's beyond the pale to do so. I'm saying to be honest about what you are advocating. What I am arguing here is for people not to be cowardly and claim there is some exemption here. There is not.
Old 4th May 2019, 09:42 AM   #311
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

I'm sorry buy stopping just shy of murdering someone in the most brutal way possible makes you the good guy in comparison to any Nazi.

I agree about your legal agressor point and as I said I don't think someone being a Nazi is grounds for vigilantism. Nazis and those advocating Nazism should of course be put through the legal system and locked up until we can be reasonable certain they no longer identify as Nazis.
Agreed, for actual, real Nazis. For edgy posers, not so much. And to my eye, wearing a swastika does not make one an actual Nazi any more than wearing a cross makes one a fundy Christian. It would be great if symbols had absolute meanings, but they don't. Miki Dora sometimes wore one to shock. Tasteless, offensive, and childish, but not an actual endorsement of that ideology. What I refuse to do is give the weasels an ounce more credibility than they deserve. They are pathetic, not powerful, and they get nothing from me but laughter.
Old 4th May 2019, 10:19 AM   #312
Checkmite

The new crew are just racists, adopting older symbols. They show no sign of actual political aspirations beyond shouting 'Trump hurr durr'.
This is just a vastly ignorant statement. Really? You think white nationalists have no political aspirations beyond vocally praising Trump?

This guy:

https://egbertowillies.com/wp-conten.../artjones1.jpg

...won the Republican primary for Illinois' third congressional district House seat last year. He lost the general election, but 20,000 people voted for him.

ETA: Correction. 20,000 people voted for him in the Republican primary. In the general election, nearly 58,000 people voted for him - almost three times as many. He won 26 percent of the vote in that district.

Not only do "fake" nazis have political aspirations, they have thousands upon thousands of eager voters ready to support them.

Last edited by zooterkin; 5th May 2019 at 08:09 AM. Reason: Rule 5
Old 4th May 2019, 10:30 AM   #313
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

This is just a vastly ignorant statement. Really? You think white nationalists have no political aspirations beyond vocally praising Trump?
None of consequence that I have seen. Not seeing Dickless Spencer on the ballot lately.

Just look at them. They don't have world-dominating fascist motivations by and large anymore. They go for simple racist tripe. They are just not what you try so hard to frame them as. They are trolling for a rise out of you and succeeding, to the point of you actually advocating petty criminal assault against them. For the yuks, no less. Can't wait to see some kids following your ever so mature example and losing some teeth. Think you might reconsider your foolish position then?

Eta: regarding your edit, the circumstances of his getting elected seem to be understood by everyone but you. Dead people also get elected for similar reasons

Last edited by Thermal; 4th May 2019 at 10:33 AM.
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2019, 10:52 AM   #314
Checkmite

Eta: regarding your edit, the circumstances of his getting elected seem to be understood by everyone but you. Dead people also get elected for similar reasons
Another laughably ignorant statement. Sure, Jones ran unopposed in the 2018 primary, but as many Republican voters actually voted for him in that primary as voted for the winning candidate (who was opposed) in the 2012 GOP primary. Those voters had a choice. They could have not voted at all. That's what the GOP told them to do. They could have voted for a write-in candidate. But they didn't, they positively voted for this man. The fact that he was running unopposed at all wasn't an accident; the GOP literally couldn't find another person that the district's voters were willing to support over Jones. It's a symptom of the problem, not an excuse to dismiss the whole affair as a fluke.

And it wasn't just a few tens of thousands of GOP primary voters who robotically pulled the lever without knowing any better, because suddenly in the general election there were almost 60,000 voters lining up to put this guy in Congress, on a day when they actually had other choices on the ballot.

But none of this matters. You said these guys showed "no sign of having any political aspirations" outside of supporting Trump. This Nazi made a point of denigrating Trump as a "filthy Jew-lover" during his campaign and he still won the GOP spot.

Last edited by Checkmite; 4th May 2019 at 10:57 AM.
Old 4th May 2019, 11:06 AM   #315
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

That's a silly question, and obviously the Nazis will answer, "No."
Even Olaf Stapledon, in his grotesque 'novel' Star maker (Wikipedia), praises the kind of eugenics where 'inferior races' voluntarily stop reproducing to let the 'superior race' take over. I'm sure that the Nazis would have loved that peaceful way of exterminating the Jews and the Gypsies and that they only resorted to violence because they doubted that it would work. (The idiots who praise this book should reread those paragraphs and consider what was happening in Europe at the time of its publication, 1937.)
I didn't pose the questions to nazis. The questions were posed to posters who support assaulting nazis. I don't expect nazis to care about rule of law, or to object to vigilantism, or for them to otherwise be decent people.

Quote:
You won't get anybody to say that violence should be used even when it isn't 'necessary'.
Oh, I'm a bit surprised. I expected varying definitions for necessity, not this.
Old 4th May 2019, 11:34 AM   #316
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Agreed, for actual, real Nazis. For edgy posers, not so much. And to my eye, wearing a swastika does not make one an actual Nazi any more than wearing a cross makes one a fundy Christian. It would be great if symbols had absolute meanings, but they don't. Miki Dora sometimes wore one to shock. Tasteless, offensive, and childish, but not an actual endorsement of that ideology. What I refuse to do is give the weasels an ounce more credibility than they deserve. They are pathetic, not powerful, and they get nothing from me but laughter.
As I say a lot, if someone is stupid enough to be a Nazi by accident or without knowing what a Nazi is then tough, being a murderer by accident doesn't get you off the hook for the killing.
Old 4th May 2019, 11:40 AM   #317
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Another laughably ignorant statement. Sure, Jones ran unopposed in the 2018 primary, but as many Republican voters actually voted for him in that primary as voted for the winning candidate (who was opposed) in the 2012 GOP primary. Those voters had a choice. They could have not voted at all. That's what the GOP told them to do. They could have voted for a write-in candidate. But they didn't, they positively voted for this man. The fact that he was running unopposed at all wasn't an accident; the GOP literally couldn't find another person that the district's voters were willing to support over Jones. It's a symptom of the problem, not an excuse to dismiss the whole affair as a fluke.

And it wasn't just a few tens of thousands of GOP primary voters who robotically pulled the lever without knowing any better, because suddenly in the general election there were almost 60,000 voters lining up to put this guy in Congress, on a day when they actually had other choices on the ballot.

But none of this matters. You said these guys showed "no sign of having any political aspirations" outside of supporting Trump. This Nazi made a point of denigrating Trump as a "filthy Jew-lover" during his campaign and he still won the GOP spot.
That's the spin you're going with??? Your comedic interpretations never disappoint.

Let's keep that gag running, then, shall we? Which has happened as a result of your bogey man's election totally representing the will of the people: Are you soiling yourself as the Reich rises again in Illinois? Or has not a damn thing happened, nor will it? Lets bite our fingernails together.

Eta: also, nice job with your usual taking the time to snip out the point to soapbox on an irrelevant detail

Last edited by Thermal; 4th May 2019 at 11:43 AM.
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2019, 11:47 AM   #318
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

That's the spin you're going with??? Your comedic interpretations never disappoint.

Let's keep that gag running, then, shall we? Which has happened as a result of your bogey man's election totally representing the will of the people: Are you soiling yourself as the Reich rises again in Illinois? Or has not a damn thing happened, nor will it? Lets bite our fingernails together.
Quite seriously, have you read histories of the Nazis? They were ridiculous , they were laughing stocks, they were insane, they were powerless, they were impotent then they were in power and killed millions of their fellow citizens and millions more died to prevent these ridiculous, laughing stocks of powerless impotency staying in power.
Old 4th May 2019, 11:47 AM   #319
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

As I say a lot, if someone is stupid enough to be a Nazi by accident or without knowing what a Nazi is then tough, being a murderer by accident doesn't get you off the hook for the killing.
Agreed, lambaste the posers, too. Just stay on the happy side of law and morality whilst doing so. Posters here are actually trying to excuse criminal behavior, and recommend such criminality as mature. That's where we differ
Old 4th May 2019, 11:51 AM   #320
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Quite seriously, have you read histories of the Nazis? They were ridiculous , they were laughing stocks, they were insane, they were powerless, they were impotent then they were in power and killed millions of their fellow citizens and millions more died to prevent these ridiculous, laughing stocks of powerless impotency staying in power.
And their history and historical context were vastly different, as were their rise to power and the reasons for the support they ultimately generated. Posters here are enabling the very same rise to power by givi g them credibility. I say whip out the penis balloons. Different tact may have a different result, IMO

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events