ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Mueller investigation , Robert Mueller , Trump controversies , Trump-Russia connections , William Barr

Old 10th June 2019, 04:54 PM   #2161
Frank Newgent
Philosopher

Last edited by Frank Newgent; 10th June 2019 at 04:56 PM.
Frank Newgent is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2019, 05:55 PM   #2162
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by quadraginta View Post
Not really. What is critical is what Papadopoulos thought his identity was.
What's critical for tanabear is that the Steele Dossier be the sole basis for the original FBI investigation, which requires that Mifsud's identity (or even existence) be potentially an invention of Christopher Steele. Papadopoulos's thoughts, should he ever have any, are frankly irrelevant.

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th June 2019, 01:12 AM   #2163
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

Interviews with Papadopoulos and Downer right here.

https://www.abc.net.au/radio/program...rooms/11139210

Plus extended interviews. No transcript unfortunately due to budget cuts but really worth a listen. This was the start of the investigation. That's a fact.
For if a man pretend to me that God hath spoken to him supernaturally, and immediately, and I make doubt of it, I cannot easily perceive what argument he can produce to oblige me to believe it. Hobbes
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th June 2019, 05:57 AM   #2164
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

“Jerry Nadler’s Trump Bashing Show Is A Bust.” Headline, New York Post. @foxandfriends
The Greatest Witch Hunt of all time continues. All crimes were by the other side, but the Committee refuses to even take a look. Deleting 33,000 Emails is the real Obstruction - and much more!

“Mueller has spoken. He found No Collusion between the Trump Campaign and the Russians. The bottom line is what the Democrat House is doing is trying to destroy the Trump Presidency (which has been a tremendous success), and I can assure you that we’re done with the Mueller......

....investigation in the Senate. They can talk to John Dean until the cows come home, we’re not doing anything in the Senate regarding the Mueller Report. We are going to harden our Infrastructure against 2020!”
@LindseyGrahamSC

PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT!
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th June 2019, 07:28 AM   #2165
Delphic Oracle
Illuminator

Originally Posted by a_unique_person View Post
Interviews with Papadopoulos and Downer right here.

https://www.abc.net.au/radio/program...rooms/11139210

Plus extended interviews. No transcript unfortunately due to budget cuts but really worth a listen. This was the start of the investigation. That's a fact.
That meeting was May 2016.

The investigation was already underway by then.

That's a fact.
Delphic Oracle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th June 2019, 07:30 AM   #2166
Delphic Oracle
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump Tweets

“Jerry Nadler’s Trump Bashing Show Is A Bust.” Headline, New York Post. @foxandfriends
The Greatest Witch Hunt of all time continues. All crimes were by the other side, but the Committee refuses to even take a look. Deleting 33,000 Emails is the real Obstruction - and much more!

“Mueller has spoken. He found No Collusion between the Trump Campaign and the Russians. The bottom line is what the Democrat House is doing is trying to destroy the Trump Presidency (which has been a tremendous success), and I can assure you that we’re done with the Mueller......

....investigation in the Senate. They can talk to John Dean until the cows come home, we’re not doing anything in the Senate regarding the Mueller Report. We are going to harden our Infrastructure against 2020!”
@LindseyGrahamSC

PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT!
Graham is just mad because he tried to lecture Dean on Watergate one time and Dean had to repeatedly correct him until finally adding "you seem to not quite have a grasp of the details of that matter" to much snickering and embarrassment for Graham.
Delphic Oracle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th June 2019, 01:34 PM   #2167
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

The House votes to hold AG Barr and Don McGahn In civil contempt. Party line vote was: 229-191.
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th June 2019, 01:48 PM   #2168
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy

The House votes to hold AG Barr and Don McGahn In civil contempt. Party line vote was: 229-191.
Hold on. I need to go find my shocked face.
Old 11th June 2019, 04:53 PM   #2169
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Trump Tweets

The Greatest Witch Hunt of all time continues. All crimes were by the other side, but the Committee refuses to even take a look. Deleting 33,000 Emails is the real Obstruction - and much more!....
Just think if they would have found Clinton guilty and given her a wrist slap, that would have ended it. They could bitch her punishment was rigged but they couldn't go on and on and on about needing an investigation.
Old 11th June 2019, 04:57 PM   #2170
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Delphic Oracle View Post

That's a fact.
Could you please explain this post? Are you saying it wasn't Papadouplos' loose lips to the Aussie Ambassador that set the investigation off, or something else?
Old 11th June 2019, 09:29 PM   #2171
tanabear
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Elagabalus View Post
It's where you've apparently been getting your information.

And speaking of dossier. I've been going over yours. According to your posting history here you've gone from everybody in the US Government is evil* to everybody in the US Government is evil except Donald Trump since you were here last.

*well, they perpetrated 9/11 after all.
It isn't where I get my info from because I had no idea what Q-Anon was till you pointed it out. I still don't really.

*The 9/11 Cabal is very different from the US government.

Originally Posted by Aridas View Post
You keep trying to push this, despite being laughed at for how obvious it makes it that you either fell hard for dishonest talking points or are one of the people who are behind them. You're trying to demand completely nonsensical ways to determine the effects of the Russian efforts and complaining that we're not indulging your nonsense.
If there was a disinformation campaign by Russia why is it nonsensical to ask what the false information was and how many Americans believed it? I can do this with other disinformation campaigns by western media/intelligence. We can even do it for Trump-Russia collusion. But for some reason these other disinformation campaigns are like phantoms, often talked about but rarely seen.

Originally Posted by CapelDodger View Post
What's critical for tanabear is that the Steele Dossier be the sole basis for the original FBI investigation, which requires that Mifsud's identity (or even existence) be potentially an invention of Christopher Steele. Papadopoulos's thoughts, should he ever have any, are frankly irrelevant.
No, the basis for the FBI Crossfire Hurricane counter-intelligence investigation(starting July 31, 2016) was George Papadopoulos's meeting with Joseph Mifsud on April 26, 2016. The Steele Dossier was the basis for the FISA warrant on Carter Page. This was not granted till October 21, 2016. The Steele Dossier doesn't mention Joseph Mifsud at all.

I mean what an amazing coincidence. The Steele Dossier was attempting to show a Trump-Russia collusion conspiracy dating back 5 years. George Papadopoulos, whose expertise is in the Levant and has never been to Russia or met a Russian, announces on March 2016 that he will be working for the Trump campaign. Once he does his associates at the LCILP are very eager for him to meet this Maltese professor in Rome, Joseph Mifsud. Even though Mifsud has worked with western governments for years, he just happens to be a secret "Russian agent." However, all of Mifsud's other relations are never scrutinized or called into question. No, it us just PapaD and his interactions with Mifsud, a few meetings and some e-mail exchanges, that almost politically paralyze our nation for two years.

Undesired Walrus: "Why, Ron, Mark mentioned this on your very own show!"
tanabear is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th June 2019, 01:46 AM   #2172
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

Originally Posted by tanabear View Post
If there was a disinformation campaign by Russia why is it nonsensical to ask what the false information was and how many Americans believed it? I can do this with other disinformation campaigns by western media/intelligence.
Again, you're revealing that you simply don't understand what was going on in the first place. Take, for example, the many, many fake Facebook accounts that were portrayed as local people that were used to try to influence the people in that area to vote one way or well, not vote in another. What's the inherent disinformation there? That those people were actually real and speaking from a position of sincerity and honest caring, first and foremost, before getting to any specifics of what was posted onto those accounts. That's inherently different from the information that you're demanding and gets to the heart of much of the social media manipulation. A bunch of the stuff targeting blacks, specifically, was basically examples of police violence and brutality towards blacks, frequently combined with the Russian account claiming to be a black person taking a principled stand to abstain from voting in protest.

To address disinformation more specifically... given the state of the right-wing bubble and the frequent aversion there to paying attention to the whole picture in favor of cherry-picking facts to back up a specific narrative, it's frequently hard to distinguish between whether disinformation actually came from Russia and was then amplified by the right or came from propagandists on the right and was simply amplified by Russia. As was noted, your "some Facebook ads" claim was just one example of you pretty clearly repeating disinformation.

We can even do it for Trump-Russia collusion. But for some reason these other disinformation campaigns are like phantoms, often talked about but rarely seen.

No, it us just PapaD and his interactions with Mifsud, a few meetings and some e-mail exchanges, that almost politically paralyze our nation for two years.

Politically paralyze? Yeah, you really, really weren't paying attention. Sorry, but the "Party of NO!" just hasn't been putting forth any real effort to do actual governing for the last decade, even when they controlled the Presidency, the Senate, and the House. During that stretch, they killed pretty much everything themselves, even after making just about all of it way too odious for Democrats to agree to and showing off that all the principles they've been yammering about were nothing more than base excuses for partisanship. Democrats did offer compromise on many matters, but, well... Republicans refused. "It's my way or the highway" is usually not the most effective tactic when one doesn't have absolute power, for some strange reason.

Blaming the political paralysis in DC on Trump-Russia stuff is a pathetic joke, and nothing more. Well, unless you're actually claiming that the Republican Party is in Russia's pocket, which very sadly isn't actually far-fetched at all, after all the money from Russia that's been funneled into supporting them through, for example, the NRA, and how eager McConnell is to lift sanctions to accept money that has a serious risk of being mob money.

Last edited by Aridas; 12th June 2019 at 02:17 AM.
Aridas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th June 2019, 02:33 AM   #2173
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Now you're just being ridiculous. Are you telling me that Trump's behaviour is fake news? Are the various recordings of him saying what he says and doing what he does some sort of CGI deep fake?

What specific bit of fake news are you refering to? Do you deny that he admitted to firing Comey because of the Russia investigation? That's the behaviour of a guilty man. And that's one of hundreds of examples.

Where's the fake news, there? Your reflexive defense of Trump is ridiculous. Get off the cult train. You're the one who needs to get back to reality.

Many of us are not convinced that impeachment is a viable or preferable solution. You're talking out of your ass.
Hellooooo? Tanabear?

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th June 2019, 02:38 AM   #2174
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

“Someone should call Obama up. The Obama Administration spied on a rival presidential campaign using Federal Agencies. I mean, that seems like a headline to me?” @TuckerCarlson It will all start coming out, and the Witch Hunt will end. Presidential Harassment!
Old 12th June 2019, 11:27 AM   #2175
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Nunes' new word: The Mueller Dossier.

Old 12th June 2019, 11:44 AM   #2176
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

I didn't know Obama ran in 2016.
Does that mean he can run in 2020.
That's awesome, thanks Trump!
Old 13th June 2019, 04:04 AM   #2177
a_unique_person

That's a fact.

No, I don't think so.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossf..._investigation)
For if a man pretend to me that God hath spoken to him supernaturally, and immediately, and I make doubt of it, I cannot easily perceive what argument he can produce to oblige me to believe it. Hobbes
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2019, 04:04 AM   #2178
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

General Michael Flynn, the 33 year war hero who has served with distinction, has not retained a good lawyer, he has retained a GREAT LAWYER, Sidney Powell. Best Wishes and Good Luck to them both!
Old 13th June 2019, 04:08 AM   #2179
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Unrelated to Russia, Russia, Russia (although the Radical Left doesn’t use the name Russia anymore since the issuance of the Mueller Report), House Committee now plays the seldom used “Contempt” card on our great A.G. & Sec. of Commerce - this time on the Census. Dems play a.....

.....much tougher game than the Republicans did when they had the House Majority. Republicans will remember! “This has already been argued before the U.S. Supreme Court, but the House doesn’t want to wait. This is a common thread between all of the Committees - do whatever you...

....can to embarrass the Trump Administration (and Republicans), attack the Trump Administration. This is campaigning by the Dems.” Attorney David Bruno. So true! In the meantime they are getting NO work done on Drug Pricing, Infrastructure & many other things.
Old 13th June 2019, 04:09 AM   #2180
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

trump Tweets

“Congress cannot Impeach President Trump (did nothing wrong) because if they did they would be putting themselves above the law. The Constitution provides criteria for Impeachment - treason, bribery, high crimes & misdemeanors. Unless there is compelling evidence, Impeachment...

....is not Constitutionally Permissable.” Alan Dershowitz, Constitutional Lawyer
Old 13th June 2019, 04:34 AM   #2181
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Trump Tweets

General Michael Flynn, the 33 year war hero who has served with distinction, has not retained a good lawyer, he has retained a GREAT LAWYER, Sidney Powell. Best Wishes and Good Luck to them both!
wow. Flynn must be broke.
And insane.
Old 13th June 2019, 07:38 AM   #2182
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

When Senator @MarkWarnerVA spoke at length, and in great detail, about extremely negative information on me, with a talented entertainer purporting to be a Russian Operative, did he immediately call the FBI? NO, in fact he didn’t even tell the Senate Intelligence Committee of....

....which he is a member. When @RepAdamSchiff took calls from another person, also very successfully purporting to be a Russian Operative, did he call the FBI, or even think to call the FBI? NO! The fact is that the phony Witch Hunt is a giant scam where Democrats,...

....and other really bad people, SPIED ON MY CAMPAIGN! They even had an “insurance policy” just in case Crooked Hillary Clinton and the Democrats lost their race for the Presidency! This is the biggest & worst political scandal in the history of the United States of America. Sad!
Old 13th June 2019, 09:35 AM   #2183
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

He truly cannot help himself. He can't keep his mouth shut. On accepting a foreign offer of dirt on the other candidates in the 2020 election:

Politico: ‘I think I’d take it’: Trump says he might not report foreign help to FBI in 2020

He even said Wray was wrong that it should be reported.
Quote:
“It’s not an interference, they have information — I think I’d take it,” Trump said. “If I thought there was something wrong, I’d go maybe to the FBI — if I thought there was something wrong.”

“It’s called oppo research,” he added.

Stephanopoulos pointed out that FBI Director Christopher Wray told Congress that a candidate should offer that kind of information to the agency, but Trump flatly rebuffed the notion: “The FBI director is wrong.”
This is by itself an argument the Democrats should go ahead with impeachment proceedings. Trump believes there was nothing wrong with the Trump Tower meeting because Mueller couldn't prove a quid pro quo I guess. Because it's obvious Trump knew the information they were offering was obtained by hacking the DNC and Podesta's emails. Trump said it publicly at his rallies.
Old 13th June 2019, 11:32 AM   #2184
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Boomerang News: DOJ Bloodhounds on the Scent of John Brennan

Originally Posted by Ray McGovern
[...] With Justice Department investigators’ noses to the ground, it should be just a matter of time before they identify Brennan conclusively as fabricator-in-chief of the Russiagate story. Evidence, real evidence in this case, abounds, since the Brennan-Comey-Clapper gang of three were sure Hillary Clinton would become president. Consequently, they did not perform due diligence to hide their tracks.

Worse still, intelligence analysts tend to hang onto instructions and terms of reference handed down to them by people like Brennan and his top lieutenants. It will not be difficult for CIA analysts to come up with documents to support the excuse: “Brennan made me do it.”

The Times article today betrays some sympathy and worry over what may be in store for Brennan, one of its favorite sons and (anonymous) sources, as well as for those he suborned into making up stuff about the Russians.

The DOJ inquiry, says the Times, “has provoked anxiety in the ranks of the C.I.A., according to former officials. Senior agency officials have questioned why the C.I.A.’s analytical work should be subjected to a federal prosecutor’s scrutiny.” [...]

Happily, at least for those interested in the truth, some of the authors of the rump, misnomered “Intelligence Community Assessment” commissioned by Obama, orchestrated by Brennan-Clapper-Comey, and published on January 6, 2017 will now be interviewed. The ICA is the document still widely cited as showing that the “entire intelligence community agreed” on the Russia-gate story, but this is far from the case. As Clapper has admitted, that “assessment” was drafted by “handpicked analysts” from just three of the 17 intelligence agencies — CIA, FBI, and NSA.

U.S. Attorney Durham would do well to also check with analysts in agencies — like the Defense Intelligence Agency and State Department Intelligence, as to why they believe they were excluded. The ICA on Russian interference is as inferior an example of intelligence analysis as I have ever seen. Since virtually all of the hoi aristoi and the media swear by it, I did an assessment of the Assessment on its second anniversary. I wrote: [...]
Old 13th June 2019, 11:41 AM   #2185
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

That's absurd, CE.

And speaking of absurd, here's another GOP dodge of addressing Trump's outrageous statement he'd take information on his opponents from foreign governments: Steve Scalise, "It was just a hypothetical question."
Old 13th June 2019, 12:09 PM   #2186
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Do you think Flynn is bummed he copped a guilty plea when he sees everyone else getting away with it?

Michael Flynn hires fierce FBI critic as new lawyer
Old 13th June 2019, 12:20 PM   #2187
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
Given your long and well established history of posting crap news sources as being legitimate news sources, then I expect that this is just another of your crap news stories.
A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2019, 02:33 PM   #2188
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

@Skeptic Ginger
Quote:
Trump believes there was nothing wrong with the Trump Tower meeting because Mueller couldn't prove a quid pro quo I guess. Because it's obvious Trump knew the information they were offering was obtained by hacking the DNC and Podesta's emails.
Actually the expected dirt was supposed to be coming from official Russian government sources, and my inner George Smiley is satisfied that it concerned Browder and a $400 million contribution to the Clinton campaign and/or family vault. Remember that stuff? Childlike Empress does, if you need reminding.

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150

Last edited by CapelDodger; 13th June 2019 at 02:34 PM.
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2019, 02:40 PM   #2189
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Do you think Flynn is bummed he copped a guilty plea when he sees everyone else getting away with it?

Michael Flynn hires fierce FBI critic as new lawyer
The film-rights just got tastier. I wonder who they've got in mind to play this guy?

Old 13th June 2019, 03:10 PM   #2190
Paul2
Philosopher

@Skeptic Ginger
Actually the expected dirt was supposed to be coming from official Russian government sources, and my inner George Smiley is satisfied that it concerned Browder and a $400 million contribution to the Clinton campaign and/or family vault. Remember that stuff? Childlike Empress does, if you need reminding.
Do you mean the idea offered up by Putin? This one?

Aristotle, so far as I know, was the first man to proclaim explicitly that man is a rational animal. His reason for this view was one which does not now seem very impressive: it was, that some people can do sums. - Bertrand Russell
Paul2 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2019, 03:11 PM   #2191
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

If there was a disinformation campaign by Russia why is it nonsensical to ask what the false information was and how many Americans believed it? I can do this with other disinformation campaigns by western media/intelligence.
You can do what about what disinformation campaigns? How do you even recognise the existence of a disinformation campaign? They are deliberately hidden from low-input people exactly like you. You have no special insight.

Quote:
We can even do it for Trump-Russia collusion. But for some reason these other disinformation campaigns are like phantoms, often talked about but rarely seen.
They are not phantoms, they are figments of conspiracist imagination.

Quote:
No, the basis for the FBI Crossfire Hurricane counter-intelligence investigation(starting July 31, 2016) was George Papadopoulos's meeting with Joseph Mifsud on April 26, 2016. The Steele Dossier was the basis for the FISA warrant on Carter Page. This was not granted till October 21, 2016. The Steele Dossier doesn't mention Joseph Mifsud at all.
This flies in the face of what Trump has told us, based on all the inputs he has and his unfailingly stable genius, that everything is based on the Steele Dossier. You hve no basis for your claim that Georgie the Greek's drunken posturing is responsible for anything, let alone everything.

Quote:
I mean what an amazing coincidence. The Steele Dossier was attempting to show a Trump-Russia collusion conspiracy dating back 5 years. George Papadopoulos, whose expertise is in the Levant and has never been to Russia or met a Russian, announces on March 2016 that he will be working for the Trump campaign. Once he does his associates at the LCILP are very eager for him to meet this Maltese professor in Rome, Joseph Mifsud. Even though Mifsud has worked with western governments for years, he just happens to be a secret "Russian agent." However, all of Mifsud's other relations are never scrutinized or called into question. No, it us just PapaD and his interactions with Mifsud, a few meetings and some e-mail exchanges, that almost politically paralyze our nation for two years.
You've gone way too far off-reservation to be dealt with this late.

Here's how it has to be for your low-IQ President : the Steele Dossier is responsible for everything and Clinton paid for it! This he can grasp and take comfort in. He's not calling for this Mifsud stuff, and you're doing him no service by bringing it up.

Old 13th June 2019, 03:19 PM   #2192
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Paul2 View Post
Do you mean the idea offered up by Putin? This one?
Yeah, that whole general miasma. I think the shadow of it still informs Trump's "Crooked Hillary Dems real crimes!" verbal tic. Thinking of which, she's still not locked-up, from what I've heard this side of the Pond.

Old 13th June 2019, 03:42 PM   #2193
Delphic Oracle
Illuminator

"The investigation" I'm referring to is into foreign interference rather than into specific individuals working for the Trump campaign facilitating said interference.

I know some folks want it to start with Trump personnel so the "witch hunt" narrative sticks, but the world existed before Trump and so did these counterintelligence operations.
Old 13th June 2019, 05:22 PM   #2194
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

@Skeptic Ginger

Have you seen Nekrasov's documentary "Magnitsky Act - Behind the Scenes" yet? I just have to continue to recommend it to everyone (because Putin pays me to do it it is eye-opening in so many ways). You in particular could have a smug smile dying over it.

Still free to see here: http://magnitskyact.com/

Last edited by Childlike Empress; 13th June 2019 at 05:24 PM.
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2019, 11:44 PM   #2195
a_unique_person

"The investigation" I'm referring to is into foreign interference rather than into specific individuals working for the Trump campaign facilitating said interference.

I know some folks want it to start with Trump personnel so the "witch hunt" narrative sticks, but the world existed before Trump and so did these counterintelligence operations.

I was referring to the Trump specific investigation. Some folks want to think it was all about the dossier. Papadopoulos spilled the beans more than once. Like Trump he can't keep his mouth shut and has to boast.

Last edited by a_unique_person; 13th June 2019 at 11:46 PM.
Old 14th June 2019, 01:30 AM   #2196
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Five Eyes has been in operation since the late 1990s after ECHELON was revealed

I was referring to the Trump specific investigation. Some folks want to think it was all about the dossier. Papadopoulos spilled the beans more than once. Like Trump he can't keep his mouth shut and has to boast.
and his blabbing to Downer was a key trigger!

It just bears repeating, that our whinging & bleating Trump sycophants are just plain ignoring the established and indisputable facts.

Fact 1: The FBI received information from one of the Five Eyes co-operating allied foreign intelligence services who were spying on the Russians. During their own routine "SIGINT" surveillance of The Kremlin and Russian oligarchs, they noticed multiple members of the Trump campaign and other Trump associates kept repeatedly popping up in their investigations.

Fact 2: As a result, those intelligence partners informed the FBI about what they had observed. They were so concerned about what they had been told, that only THEN did the start the counter-intelligence investigation - it was their duty to do so.

Fact 3: The Steele Dossier had nothing whatsoever to to with the appointment of the Special Counsel. Far from being some fabricated, fake document, the Steele Dossier has turned out to be devastatingly accurate in almost every aspect. Many things in the dossier have been confirmed as absolutely correct, a number of things have been unable to be confirmed, but there is nothing in that document that has been shown to be wrong.

Fact 4: It was the firing of James Comey as head of the FBI, and Trump's own stated reasons for doing so, firstly because Comey would not protect Mike Flynn, and secondly, because Comey would not put a stop to "Crossfire Hurricane", the Russia probe, that led to Rod Rosenstein appointing Special Counsel Robert Mueller.

Last edited by smartcooky; 14th June 2019 at 01:39 AM.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th June 2019, 05:17 AM   #2197
IsThisTheLife
Thinker

From the linked-to article CE provided;

Quote:
One cannot escape the analogy with the fraudulent evidence of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. As in 2002 and 2003, when the mania for the invasion of Iraq mounted, Establishment media have simply regurgitated what intelligence sources like Brennan told them about Russia-gate.

No one batted an eye when Brennan told a House committee in May 2017, “I don’t do evidence.”
Old 14th June 2019, 05:46 AM   #2198
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by IsThisTheLife View Post
Really, it seems strange to you that the Director of the CIA would not disclose his evidence in an open hearing?

Of course, your quote is just a deflection from the report which does do evidence and to a great deal of detail.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th June 2019, 02:11 PM   #2199
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by IsThisTheLife View Post
Old 14th June 2019, 02:21 PM   #2200
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Five Eyes has been in operation since the late 1990s after ECHELON was revealed

and his blabbing to Downer was a key trigger!

It just bears repeating, that our whinging & bleating Trump sycophants are just plain ignoring the established and indisputable facts.

Fact 1: The FBI received information from one of the Five Eyes co-operating allied foreign intelligence services who were spying on the Russians. During their own routine "SIGINT" surveillance of The Kremlin and Russian oligarchs, they noticed multiple members of the Trump campaign and other Trump associates kept repeatedly popping up in their investigations.

Fact 2: As a result, those intelligence partners informed the FBI about what they had observed. They were so concerned about what they had been told, that only THEN did the start the counter-intelligence investigation - it was their duty to do so.

Fact 3: The Steele Dossier had nothing whatsoever to to with the appointment of the Special Counsel. Far from being some fabricated, fake document, the Steele Dossier has turned out to be devastatingly accurate in almost every aspect. Many things in the dossier have been confirmed as absolutely correct, a number of things have been unable to be confirmed, but there is nothing in that document that has been shown to be wrong.

Fact 4: It was the firing of James Comey as head of the FBI, and Trump's own stated reasons for doing so, firstly because Comey would not protect Mike Flynn, and secondly, because Comey would not put a stop to "Crossfire Hurricane", the Russia probe, that led to Rod Rosenstein appointing Special Counsel Robert Mueller.
Nunes is off on a new committee investigation into the Democrats spying on Trump.

When are those stupid Democrats going to recognize they need to counter this lie, not ignore it!

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics