IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , bigfoot

Old 28th December 2017, 06:03 AM   #961
Drewbot
Philosopher

Here is an article that looks to be making the play that the Eastern Bigfoot or Skunk Ape is different than the regular Bigfoot of the PNW. http://frontiersofzoology.blogspot.c...pe-tracks.html

You might recognize Gordon Mullett, I did, from the Leigh Hart video of the Ohio Bigfoot Conference, when Mullet said, he never saw one of those in a Walmart, as he squeezed and offered Leigh a bag of Bigfoot feces.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Pmlm_GiVX6...13816464_n.jpg

Here is the Leigh Hart video , at 10:46 the Gordon Mullet part starts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY0_SWjqAB8
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th December 2017, 09:29 AM   #962
The Shrike
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
You might recognize Gordon Mullett,
Um, it's pronounced "Moo-lay."
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th December 2017, 01:22 PM   #963
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

I'd just like to pop in and say that Northern Lights has kept his word and held up his part of the bargain.

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Usage: 'Go 'ed, lad, get us an ale in, nice one.'
Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th December 2017, 04:43 PM   #964
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Gilbert Syndrome View Post
I'd just like to pop in and say that Northern Lights has kept his word and held up his part of the bargain.
Good for him.

WS
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2017, 12:18 PM   #965
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Good for him.
God bless us, everyone.

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Usage: 'Go 'ed, lad, get us an ale in, nice one.'
Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2018, 12:26 AM   #966
Bubba
Banned

Wouldnt surprise me if it is on day found to have been kept under the kibosh.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2018, 09:25 AM   #967
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Wouldnt surprise me if it is on day found to have been kept under the kibosh.
You funny.

WS
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2018, 08:48 AM   #968
AlaskaBushPilot
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Pterodactyl View Post
Similarly, I don't care for the "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence."
That is an example of a Chiasm, which is a literary device, not logic.

It is the strongest form: A-B-B-A. Another example, with a weaker form is A-B-A-C: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Chiasms are like poetry or a song, and are used by charlatans like preachers. An augmented form has rhymes like the A-B-A-C form "The Bible says Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve".

Anyone can make them up. Control your emotions, before your emotions control you. A-B-B-A.

Harry, you made me laugh thanks in a post above. Hello to everyone.

I'm in the promised land on another Roger Patterson re-creation and it's already one for the record books. When I get back I'm taking my 'dozer 38 miles into the wilderness hauling fuel, ATCO units, and equipment for the gold miner I expedited for last winter. He's into the gold. So hopefully we'll see bigfoot.

Why people have to BLAARG is beyond me. I'm gonna be back out where an outfit abandoned a quarter million dollars of stuff, a whole turnkey operation a few miles from my buddy just because the main dude died getting it out there. And in the meantime, I'm going to stay out of a third world hell-hole prison for my mom, but just barely. The trick is, like black holes, riding the event horizon without being sucked in and stretched out like a noodle.

The excitement, the glory, romance, the risks and bone-chilling fear in BLAARGING like NL's story of X and Y with the bones and all...

too much for an old man.
AlaskaBushPilot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2018, 10:00 AM   #969
Drewbot
Philosopher

ABP are you in Thailand? Where are you? Last I heard you were in the Philippines fighting ISIS or something.
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2018, 07:59 AM   #970
The Shrike
Philosopher

Originally Posted by AlaskaBushPilot View Post
Control your emotions, before your emotions control you. A-B-B-A.
ABBA has been controlling my emotions for decades. Frida, specifically.
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th January 2018, 12:41 PM   #971
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by AlaskaBushPilot View Post
Harry, you made me laugh thanks in a post above. Hello to everyone.

I'm in the promised land on another Roger Patterson re-creation and it's already one for the record books. When I get back I'm taking my 'dozer 38 miles into the wilderness hauling fuel, ATCO units, and equipment for the gold miner I expedited for last winter. He's into the gold. So hopefully we'll see bigfoot.

Why people have to BLAARG is beyond me. I'm gonna be back out where an outfit abandoned a quarter million dollars of stuff, a whole turnkey operation a few miles from my buddy just because the main dude died getting it out there. And in the meantime, I'm going to stay out of a third world hell-hole prison for my mom, but just barely. The trick is, like black holes, riding the event horizon without being sucked in and stretched out like a noodle.

The excitement, the glory, romance, the risks and bone-chilling fear in BLAARGING like NL's story of X and Y with the bones and all...

too much for an old man.
Greetings to you and welcome back to the promised land (say compared to third world prisons). Your sense of humor is one of the things I've really missed. Stick around if you can but first get the hell out of Dodge Phnom Penh Mindanao.
HarryHenderson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2018, 10:38 AM   #972
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Due to the latest Deep South deep freeze, shouldn't there be frozen footies turning up all over the place? Maybe the deep state is hiding them.

WS
Old 18th January 2018, 02:05 PM   #973
Squatchy McSquatch
Thinker

The Southern Yahoo's bones shatter into dust at the first sign of frost.

Duhhhh....

Keep up will ya?
Squatchy McSquatch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2018, 03:02 PM   #974
jerrywayne
Graduate Poster

NAWAC is reporting that Dr. Bindernagel has died.
jerrywayne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2018, 04:50 PM   #975
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by jerrywayne View Post
But he was so young. I bet it was from a broken heart for having never found the beast. If only he coulda held on a little longer to look a little further. RIP guy who's terrible at hide and seek.
HarryHenderson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2018, 07:46 PM   #976
The Shrike
Philosopher

Originally Posted by jerrywayne View Post
Seemed like a nice enough chap. Farewell, Doctor.
Old 19th January 2018, 04:42 PM   #977
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

He left us with a book telling how science is misbehaving because science should be chasing down Bigfoot.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/09682...40_FMwebp_QL65
Old 20th January 2018, 03:12 PM   #978
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
He left us with a book telling how science is misbehaving because science should be chasing down Bigfoot.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/09682...40_FMwebp_QL65
When I was 12 the 'scientist talks Bigfoot' books were required reading. John Napier was a big one then. What is it these present day clowns want all the other not-Bigfoot-scientists-but-scientists-nonetheless to do exactly? Foolishly look past their own judgements of reality and science (amongst other obviousness) and buy into some folklore fantasy simply because they're scientists? Wow! Meldrum et al aren't asking for more regular folk to come drink the Kool-Aid, just more "science" people. How antithetical should a scientist be about their own profession?
Old 1st February 2018, 10:42 AM   #979
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

This is now my favorite bigfoot footprint cast.

http://www.bfro.net/images/whatis/fi...%20caption.jpg

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th February 2018, 05:45 PM   #980
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

Here we go. It's an 18 minute Youtube¹ video titled "12 people observe Bigfoot for combined 14 minutes Uinta Mountains" by the Rocky Mountain Sasquatch Organization. Hmmm, 12 people for 14 minutes as explained in an 18 minute video and not a single in or out of focus Bigfoot picture in the bunch. It's 18 minutes of generic video of the (I think) Uinta mountains countryside as the voice-over guy tells Bigfoot sighting stories. "So hot right now." But that's not the funniest part (maybe beyond contemplating what the 12 excuses were for not using their cell phones in any way).

The sixth comment down a guy (landl47) writes:
"Showing scenery while telling a story isn't evidence. Where's..."

The very first direct reply to that comment is from the RMSO honcho:
"What are you doing to help get clear open footage of a bigfoot? Not to be a troll, but right now I do not know who you are & I am hearing all talk & no action. Really? Are you donating time or a few bucks on a bigfoot project? Are you spending the time & money it takes to get into bigfoot sighting locations so that you have an actual small chance of finding the creature if it happens to exist?..."

I bet I laughed for 10 minutes. Just sharing.

¹ The stupidest thing you can do on any one day is get started watching YT videos.
Old 24th February 2018, 06:46 PM   #981
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

Previously we've posted about our favorite creep in the "Seen today in Blue Ridge, GA" thread, but anything further on him probably belongs here. Hence.

Amongst his much creepiness is also a condescending *** wipe. Here's one of his Internet vlogs. He states in it clearly, it's Feb. 1, 2018 3:55 PM. And for the next 15:41 he raves on and on about how stupid everyone is. Oh and rants again (using those creepy pointing fingers) about everyone needing to devote their lives to watching ALL of his videos starting at the bottom <pointing down> and working your way up <pointing up> so as to become ultra educated about every last one of even his most minor thoughts. In this video there's not a cut, an edit, he doesn't cough, sniff, LAUGH, take a bong hit, nothing. He simply basks in the love he has for listening to himself speak about how important it is to listen to him speak.

So the video ends and now it's 4:10:41 in his world. What do you think he does at 4:15:00, a whopping 4 minutes and 19 seconds later? Yep, makes another 5 minute and 16 second video with a different shirt. This time REALLY berating everyone for being stupid and not praising him enough for being the gawd that he is. Something something about homework so how dare they ask questions he already answered in 1969 <scroll down scroll down scroll down>. Did he have the shirt already picked out? Did he even go upstairs? He couldn't have taken a ****, there's no time. Probably didn't pet the dog either. Praise gawd!

I've been laughing about this one for probably two weeks.
Old 25th February 2018, 03:03 PM   #982
The Shrike
Philosopher

30 seconds in: States that he will delete all rude, crude comments.
1:50: Starts a weird anti-millennial tirade about snowflakes who need safe spaces from dissenting opinions.
Old 25th February 2018, 03:58 PM   #983
Pterodactyl
Graduate Poster

Watched both videos.
Why do I do this?
Pterodactyl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2018, 04:22 PM   #984
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by The Shrike View Post
1:50: Starts a weird anti-millennial tirade about snowflakes who need safe spaces from dissenting opinions.
I'm sure there's a whole bunch of rude comments regularly too. He's too freaky not to point and giggle at. And that snowflake rant came out of nowhere. Dissenting opinions? As opposed to dissenting evidence? It's like he runs with the idea the genuine existence (or not) of Bigfoot is determined by opinion. Which makes some sense because beyond the anecdote diarrhea that spews out of his mouth every time he realizes he's got a camera on his phone, he's not offered up a single piece of hard, tangible evidence of anything anywhere from anyone. And yet he's already trademarked numerous items in his come-here-and-wet-dream-with-me arsenal: Night Sits™, Gifting Bowls®, Xanue™, Treykon™, Zorth®, The®.

And once again these mofos never dare come here to discuss it further because of our most intimidating factor, being sticklers for the truth.
Old 25th February 2018, 04:23 PM   #985
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Pterodactyl View Post
Watched both videos.
Why do I do this?
To see how the other half lives.
Old 25th February 2018, 07:05 PM   #986
GT/CS
Illuminator

That’s the exact point I turned it off. He makes me sad.
Old 18th March 2018, 11:18 AM   #987
The Shrike
Philosopher

Finally clicked on one of the [I]Mountain Beast Mysteries[/i] videos that show up in my YouTube feed.

Hmm. Decent production value. Nice overhead (drone?) shots of boreal forest. Leads off with an evidently very talented taxidermist (Ken Walker?) speaking with authority and clarity on some things that hunters and trappers have shared with him. This is pretty compelling stuff and it would be powerful testimony to the uninitiated.

Then there this dude walking around in the forest. He's apparently solo in the woods and he pitches a lean-to, collects some firewood, and prepares to spend the night out there looking for some bigfoots. Okay. That's nice. At least you're outside getting some exercise and enjoying nature.

We return to Mr. Rational Bigfoot-Taxidermy-Guy, and he begins to spew a cavalcade of cra-cra that builds to a fever pitch by the end of the production: He saw one once, Meldrum, Patty-breaks, Bindernagel, misunderstood evolutionary biology, Ketchum, Smeja, missing hikers eaten by bigfoots, electromagnetic force fields, etc.

Meanwhile, Mr. Solo-hiker is still out there, not finding bigfoot.

Alrighty then.
Old 21st March 2018, 03:47 PM   #988
River
Illuminator

Seemed like a nice enough chap. Farewell, Doctor.
He was indeed a kind fellow. Our correspondence was brief but insightful. Though we greatly disagreed, remained on civil terms. I can say the same for the other bigfoot endorsees as well. Only a couple of the novice's have been nasty to me over the years. I received an email from John Bindernagel on Jan 7th 2018 regarding his failing health and treatments. Sad to hear of his passing, and hope that he was at peace during those moments.

"I've observed 1 creature eating bark from a pine tree and enjoying like it was cotton candy." ― ChrisBFRPKY
River is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st March 2018, 03:58 PM   #989
River
Illuminator

With many years passing, the PGF believers should revisit this. Also people that say no hard proof is available of the hoax. http://pgfhoax.blogspot.com/

"I've observed 1 creature eating bark from a pine tree and enjoying like it was cotton candy." ― ChrisBFRPKY
River is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th March 2018, 07:07 AM   #990
showmevegas
Scholar

The big footed one is sexually frustrated

Over at BFF one poster SWWASAS puts forward the hypothesis that certain males are sexually frustrated and prone to homosexuality and resort to inter species copulation
showmevegas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th March 2018, 07:57 AM   #991
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by showmevegas View Post
Over at BFF one poster SWWASAS puts forward the hypothesis that certain males are sexually frustrated and prone to homosexuality and resort to inter species copulation
Is he speaking from personal experience?

WS
Old 25th March 2018, 01:06 PM   #992
showmevegas
Scholar

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Is he speaking from personal experience?
Not sure if the poster has personal experience but, when someone comments a bit negatively, "well that's how science works it's just a hypotheses" It was just a waste of good hot Starbucks outta my nose
showmevegas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th March 2018, 04:47 PM   #993
GT/CS
Illuminator

There is a new bigfoot movie coming out soon that is most likely more their speed. It’s called Son of Bigfoot. Rotten Tomatoes gives it a high rating.
Old 26th March 2018, 09:59 PM   #994
GT/CS
Illuminator

Originally Posted by GT/CS View Post
There is a new bigfoot movie coming out soon that is most likely more their speed. It’s called Son of Bigfoot. Rotten Tomatoes gives it a high rating.
Forgot the link.
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/son_of_bigfoot
Old 27th March 2018, 05:00 AM   #995
Drewbot
Philosopher

Here is actual evidence of Bigfoot raping.
Not once, not twice, but thrice...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf2GM1fEDs0
Old 27th March 2018, 01:36 PM   #996
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by showmevegas View Post
He also has a history of fantasizing that boot prints are Bigfoot tracks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (56.6 KB, 8 views)
Cervelo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th March 2018, 02:37 PM   #997
dmaker
Graduate Poster

That was hilarious!
dmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th March 2018, 03:11 PM   #998
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

Ahhhh.....wow....so many questions, that I really don't want answers to.
Cervelo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th March 2018, 12:26 PM   #999
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by dmaker View Post
That was hilarious!
Here's a guy who swears the Bigfoot that raped him was a female because he's not gay. He's not. Please pray.
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Old 28th March 2018, 02:25 PM   #1000
Garrette
Penultimate Amazing

He shouldn’t have been wearing sexy Bigfoot hunting clothes; he was asking for it.

I wonder what manner of jeans-shredding it was that no human could possibly do.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal