ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags ae911truth , richard gage

Old 31st August 2019, 12:44 PM   #1
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Smile Richard Gage got married!

Look what I found:

The Richard Gage oo Gail Griffen wedding on Sunday, June 23, 2019.

Belated congratulations!

This page has a bit of biographical information on the AE911Truth leader:
Quote:
Richard had moved here [Sandpoint, Idaho] 4 years ago - not knowing a soul in Idaho...
Gail ... lived in the picturesque Round Lake neighborhood in Sagle...

Gail was intrigued by Richard's sweet gentle innocence and was drawn to his depth of character and loving heart.
We now live together in our beautiful custom Lindal Cedar home overlooking an awe-inspiring valley here in the Pacific Northwest. In addition to our careers, we dance, enjoy RV-camping and exploring local mountains on our ATV. We joined many locals in practicing emergency preparedness also!
So Gage has lived in the Idaho backwoods since 2015. I had previously documented that he hangs out with preppers. Is that the reason he moved there? Taking to the rugged outdoors, away from urban America, to hide from the coming apocalypse?
Old 1st September 2019, 03:10 AM   #2
JSanderO
Master Poster

Weird that... Is he still doing the AE9111T or settling down?
Old 1st September 2019, 05:07 AM   #3
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by JSanderO View Post
Weird that... Is he still doing the AE9111T or settling down?
He is still touring and lecturing and all, yes.
They do have internet in Sandpoints, and at least one road to leave town.
Old 1st September 2019, 12:17 PM   #4
AJM8125
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

Very nice.

Either he's misrepresented himself to her and thinks he's a catch, she herself is an addled conspiracy theorist or a like minded con artist. And I soooo want her to be a like minded con artist.

The better you get, the harder you work.
AJM8125 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st September 2019, 01:08 PM   #5
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by AJM8125 View Post
Very nice.

Either he's misrepresented himself to her and thinks he's a catch, she herself is an addled conspiracy theorist or a like minded con artist. And I soooo want her to be a like minded con artist.

Chris Mohr, who met him a couple of times, vouched that Gage is a personally charming man.
Old 1st September 2019, 01:19 PM   #6
Whip
Graduate Poster

I thought he was already married.....................to his continual failed theories.
Whip is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st September 2019, 04:52 PM   #7
Wolrab
Illuminator

He kept all the boxes from the move.
"Such reports are usually based on the sighting of something the sighters cannot explain and that they (or someone else on their behalf) explain as representing an interstellar spaceship-often by saying "But what else can it be?" as though thier own ignorance is a decisive factor." Isaac Asimov
Wolrab is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st September 2019, 05:53 PM   #8
angrysoba
Philosophile

Married? That defies the laws of physical attraction!
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st September 2019, 06:36 PM   #9
AJM8125
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
Chris Mohr, who met him a couple of times, vouched that Gage is a personally charming man.
Most con artists are.

AJM8125 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st September 2019, 09:40 PM   #10
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

He is still touring and lecturing and all, yes.
They do have internet in Sandpoints, and at least one road to leave town.
Touring and lecturing and all where? I used to check their events page and there would be nothing for months and months at a time. The current page lists two events for September, both of which are Hulsey lectures, and neither of which mentions that Richard himself will be in attendance.

ETA: is Richard still pulling down 80K+ a year from the 501(c)3?

Last edited by Brainster; 1st September 2019 at 09:44 PM.
Brainster is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st September 2019, 10:06 PM   #11
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

He moved in with this gal years ago, right? I am going to make a brilliant deduction that he did not somehow meet her by driving up to the end of a one-way street.

The way we all found out that Richard's first wife had divorced him was pretty odd. Richard was on Alex Jones, and Alex laid it out as a smear against the debunkers:

Quote:
Jones talks a bit about the crap he gets from debunkers. He says we have been making fun of the fact that Richard Gage's wife left him over his Trutherism. Actually as far as I know, that's the first I've heard that fact (excepting an hour or so ago when I read Troy mention it coming up on the show in the comments).
Brainster is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd September 2019, 03:34 AM   #12
JSanderO
Master Poster

I ,et and have spoken to Richard multiple times in late 2009- early 2010. He appears to be a nice person. I can't psycho analyze him. Here goes. I suspect he fell for some early truther PR and decided that if architects and engineers supported truther claims it might give credibility. I don't think he wanted to learn how the buildings actually were destroyed. Once he left his job he put all his eggs in AE911T and it was his sole means of support (guess)... so because of pride... and the fact that he got a decent amount support.... sigs and $$... he kept the blinders on and tried to grow the "myth". He was reasonably successful which validated his own initial skepticism.

Very few of the truther "scientists" or people who did vids and published truther papers have renounced their work. The echo chamber is self supporting. And as there never will be anything like a "definitive proof" he feels free/justified to continue peddling his nonsense. He is dishonest now, willfully ignorant... or just doesn't care as there is no downside consequence aside from losing his income and something to do with his time...and losing all the attention he gets.

Trutherism is not hurting anyone. So he can believe that even if he is wrong... no one is losing an eye. And the mainstream people rather than go after him as a charlatan they essentially ignore him (except on the www). I wouldn't be surprised to learn that he ignores and avoids all science which debunks trutherism. Ignorance is bliss. And he surrounds himself with sycophants.
Old 2nd September 2019, 06:00 AM   #13
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
Touring and lecturing and all where? I used to check their events page and there would be nothing for months and months at a time. The current page lists two events for September, both of which are Hulsey lectures, and neither of which mentions that Richard himself will be in attendance.

ETA: is Richard still pulling down 80K+ a year from the 501(c)3?
He'll be in Switzerland soon, and yes, he'll be there in person for some events in the US before or around 9/11. I think his back office is slacking, and that announcements on their homepage are not important any longer: Most events that he goes to are locally organized and promoted.

As per the most recent Form 990 (for 2017), he had compensated himself with only $63K, after $65K in 2016, and $85K in 2015. Don't expect to see the next tax form before December.
Old 2nd September 2019, 10:54 AM   #14
AJM8125
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

Trutherism is not hurting anyone. So he can believe that even if he is wrong... no one is losing an eye.
No one. Except for the children, the gullible, the mentally ill and regular people who otherwise aren't in their right minds emotionally when it comes to the attacks and happen upon his website. Gage has put himself in a prominent position to easily swindle people based on "there's one born every minute".

He's a bottom-feeding scumbag. Plain and simple.

Old 2nd September 2019, 11:19 AM   #15
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

That poor woman.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd September 2019, 12:07 PM   #16
bknight
Graduate Poster

He'll be in Switzerland soon, and yes, he'll be there in person for some events in the US before or around 9/11. I think his back office is slacking, and that announcements on their homepage are not important any longer: Most events that he goes to are locally organized and promoted.

As per the most recent Form 990 (for 2017), he had compensated himself with only $63K, after $65K in 2016, and $85K in 2015. Don't expect to see the next tax form before December.
Only 63K, lol.
Comfortable amount living in the mountains/valleys of Idaho.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd September 2019, 12:38 PM   #17
AJM8125
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

Originally Posted by bknight View Post
Only 63K, lol.
Comfortable amount living in the mountains/valleys of Idaho.
And peanuts in the SF Bay Area.

Old 2nd September 2019, 02:25 PM   #18
Hercules Rockefeller
Woof!

Holy Moly! I was in Sandpoint in July. It's a really nice town.
Old 2nd September 2019, 05:57 PM   #19
AJM8125
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
Holy Moly! I was in Sandpoint in July. It's a really nice town.
I know some people and have relatives from the Idaho panhandle. Very nice people too, damned near Canadian in their manner.

My condolences to the people of Sandpoint for the vermin which has infested itself in your fair town.

Old 3rd September 2019, 11:48 AM   #20
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Trutherism is not hurting anyone.

It's tempting to say that, until you realize that "trutherism" has infected the mindset of an awful lot of people, and they vote. How do you think we got an actual, honest-to-god conspiracy theorist elected as president of the United States?

When you have that many people giving honest consideration to such stupid ideas, it begins to destroy the foundations of our society.
Old 3rd September 2019, 12:58 PM   #21
JSanderO
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
It's tempting to say that, until you realize that "trutherism" has infected the mindset of an awful lot of people, and they vote. How do you think we got an actual, honest-to-god conspiracy theorist elected as president of the United States?

When you have that many people giving honest consideration to such stupid ideas, it begins to destroy the foundations of our society.
I mean literally hurting people. I find it said when people fall for that stuff... but aside from wasting their money and time... it seems to harm no one else. Plenty of stupid out there and can't blame it all on truthers.
Old 3rd September 2019, 01:09 PM   #22
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Plenty of stupid out there and can't blame it all on truthers.

Yes, but I'd rather have the stupid people listening to people with actual knowledge and skill, instead of the Alex Jones of the world.
Old 3rd September 2019, 01:17 PM   #23
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Trutherism is not hurting anyone.
It hurts the Truthers and damages their relationships with everyone else. I remember years ago the Truthers used to trumpet the polls that supposedly showed support for the movement at 84% or 47% or 36% or whatever. And my reaction was wow, that's funny because one of the biggest complaints that everyday Truthers--not the stars like Richard, but the folks who came to his Powerpoint presentations--is how lonely they feel. Bob McIlvaine talked in one of the videos about how the Truthers were his only friends these days; everybody else has drifted away because they don't to hear his conspiracy theories. One of the forum guys noted how it was impossible to talk about it among his neighbors during a barbecue without everybody muttering in disgust and treating him like a pariah.

Last edited by Brainster; 3rd September 2019 at 01:19 PM.
Old 4th September 2019, 01:53 AM   #24
JSanderO
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
It hurts the Truthers and damages their relationships with everyone else. I remember years ago the Truthers used to trumpet the polls that supposedly showed support for the movement at 84% or 47% or 36% or whatever. And my reaction was wow, that's funny because one of the biggest complaints that everyday Truthers--not the stars like Richard, but the folks who came to his Powerpoint presentations--is how lonely they feel. Bob McIlvaine talked in one of the videos about how the Truthers were his only friends these days; everybody else has drifted away because they don't to hear his conspiracy theories. One of the forum guys noted how it was impossible to talk about it among his neighbors during a barbecue without everybody muttering in disgust and treating him like a pariah.
Perhaps true... I was referring to physical harm. People will pay a price for their beliefs on some level. Some will gain support and friends... respect and admiration... and others the opposite. Life is like that... likes attract.
Old 4th September 2019, 01:09 PM   #25
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Just hope there are no kids.....

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories